1. Talk to Diango

2. talk to helper

3. Make toys

4. Fill Box

6. Deliver to Santa

7. Get decorations

8. Decorate tree in Varrok

9. Receive marionette

Wow, how riveting. You're just looking for something to cry about, this has nothing to do with the "standards of a holiday event".

thanks for summarizing he 05 event into 9 steps. i hope you dont mind if i expand on it.

making the puppets was sweet. you had to get all the various parts of the puppets from boxes and assemble the parts into one puppet, then you could paint it whatever color you wanted. after you had completed a few you put them in a present box. and made a few more boxes full of puppets.after that you walked to the travely gate and gave them to stranger. aside from the toys, you could choose your favorite ornament decoration style and paint it how you saw fit. then when you had all the decorations you wanted, you went to varrock and decorated the tree with them.

much more freedom and content than xmas 08.

Except you're comparing two completely different objectives, apples and bungee jumping.

1. Take things, make toys

2. Track down ____ using hot/cold.

They're two entirely different concepts with different settings, ideas, and pacings.

If Jagex had made this year's event similar to the little helper one a few years ago, you'd just be here whining about how they have no imagination and recycle old ideas. It's a no-win situation for them, ever.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event had me stumped in the beginning. I only started to develop the common sense that Jack Frost was cold when I was in the wilderness.

The quest well.. I used a quest guide.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I honestly think the event was fine, I dont like the long winded events for some junk reward that'll just leave a blank spot in my toybox. The quest should really be what it's about now anyways. and I was impressed.. wasn't particularly hard, but was pretty fun and in its own way challenging; without being frustrating.. Look towards the beginning of this post where the people are complaining about jack being a pain to find.. get over it. good visuals, decent plot. Wouldn't give it 5 gold stars or anything but there are much better things to [bleep] about in RunEscape

+1.

I honestly think the event was fine, I dont like the long winded events for some junk reward that'll just leave a blank spot in my toybox. The quest should really be what it's about now anyways. and I was impressed.. wasn't particularly hard, but was pretty fun and in its own way challenging; without being frustrating.. Look towards the beginning of this post where the people are complaining about jack being a pain to find.. get over it. good visuals, decent plot. Wouldn't give it 5 gold stars or anything but there are much better things to [bleep] about in RunEscape

Agreed!

As for the people who feel it was too short or simple:

Let's not forget that they let "us" decide (although I voted for something else) on the event so I'm sure it limited the time for production and they ALSO threw us a quest as well.

chris_924.png

" Roald puts up flyers in varrock advertising the need for a GE Santa. so you apply for the job and get it. (santa outfit provided if you dont have one) you go to the GE and sit in your santa throne. little RS kids then sit on ur lap and ask for toys. you write these toys down on a list. and then you pose for GE elves to paint a portrait of the kid and you. after you get the list of, lets say 10 toys. you head over to diagno to get them. only to discover that diango has been knock out! omg! penguins feathers litter the draynor market place and you suspect the KGP had something to do with it! those penguins!!!."

ok someone else finish the story plz im getting tired of typing.

Following this, a portal opens and out pops the ole' Grim Reaper. Announcing that a place must be held for SC during his... inconvenience, he takes your Santa Suit and, with the help of his new manservant, teleports away to Varrock to placate the crowds after giving you a Homing Hourglass that leads you to the frozen north where the tuxedo'd captors are holding Santa. You overhear their plans- they hope to learn the secrets of flight through Santa and his magic sleigh. Though you have no idea what to do, you charge in and try to save him. You are handily captured and tossed into an icy prison. While pondering your fate, you notice a carved block of ice, in the shape of a man. Next to it lies an old, tattered Wizards Hat. Thinking that something knocked it off the sculpture, you place it upon the sculptures head and it comes to life! Chilly the Iceman is not, unfortunately, a happy jolly soul and smashes his way out of the prison and through the Penguin's HQ. Given this opportunity, you proceed to escape, free Mr. Clause, and away on his sleigh. The two of you return to the G.E. to find that the reaper's best are not good enough- with limited experience with children, he gives Jack Skellington type gifts. And the sleigh is all wrong; instead of nine reindeer, there is but a single large, malevolent hellhound menacing a group of carolers. Santa swoops in, stops the toys, wrangles the dog, and boots grim out on his bony bum. He then proceeds to dole out children safe toys and, as a reward for your services, gives you a spare set of his own clothing, magically fitted to be suitable for a smaller person.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I thought the quest and event was actually pretty fun :D.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

:x where the heck is jack frost? I walk all over the place, and the imp keeps saying, its hotter than before, it is hot in 'ere..but no jack frost....

Well, first of all, in this event you have to go in the >cold< direction.

Secondly, here's a link to the Location of Jack Frost by imps' names or a link to the event guide (containing both the locationg for imps' names, and the whole guide to completing it).

I had trouble with the event at first because I interpreted the imp's words as a game of "Hot or Cold" (Hotter = Closer, Colder = Farther) but it actually works the opposite way. :lol:

I liked the event overall. I don't want anything too long, only something that can distract me for a few minutes.

And too the people/s saying this isn't up to usual standards. It's a holiday event, there is no standard, it's already as 'silly' as you can get.

Costantino.png

:x where the heck is jack frost? I walk all over the place, and the imp keeps saying, its hotter than before, it is hot in 'ere..but no jack frost....

Well, first of all, in this event you have to go in the >cold< direction.

Secondly, here's a link to the Location of Jack Frost by imps' names or a link to the event guide (containing both the locationg for imps' names, and the whole guide to completing it).

Thanks for the link!

I was also mistaking "hot as closer and cold as farther away.." makes sense now though!

bob7926.png

The quest was like a direct copy of the Macalania Temple's cloister of trials from Final Fantasy X.

Or those frozen caves in Pokémon Gold and Silver. Still, I really liked the quest. Looks like I'm the only one, but anyways.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The quest was like a direct copy of the Macalania Temple's cloister of trials from Final Fantasy X.

Or those frozen caves in Pokémon Gold and Silver. Still, I really liked the quest. Looks like I'm the only one, but anyways.

What are you talking about? People are complaining about the event not the quest, I loved the quest! (and the event too...).

P.S.

I can't believe this thread is still alive :shock: .