The price of gold ore!

Miner_Guy

The price of gold ore is ridculously underpriced, its market price today(23/12/08) was 508gp. That is just stupid, it should at least be around the high 500s to the low 600s for its market price. I know that the prices at the GE change rapidly and this the botttom peak for the gold price, but still surely the very bottom peak for the price should be around 550gp.

Jagex haven't taken in some of the facts which should make it expensive:

1. The competition for gold ore is high.

2. It takes quite long to mine it.

3. There are not many of it.

4. Where there are most of them (crafting guild) it is not near a bank.

I think the price should be around 605gp each, the very bottom peak shoud go down to 540gp. The very top peak should be 650gp. These prices should be for F2P.

(THIS IS FROM AN F2P POINT OF VIEW. I am f2p and i am saying what is like in f2p. THIS POST IS MEANT FOR F2P NOT P2P)

SUPER.gif

Crafting guild, is not where you have most of them.

P2P members have an area accessible to them in Keldagrim; which pretty much has all the gold or you could wish for (it's like the Mining Guilds coal supply)

With the cost of 3 ore per bank trip (with ring), it is a fairly decent area to obtain it.

Despite this case, I would assume it isn't the main source of gold ore, but you have to think that the more places available (like this) the more it will push the price down. And TBH 508gp ea isn't all that bad, it seems to fit in nicely between the costs of coal & mithril ore.

F2P is the demo version of Runescape. If you want more gold rocks, you know what to do. The price of gold ores is pretty much on the spot being between 500 and 600. Market changes will keep it going up or down but I do not see what is the problem with that.

EDIT: You have to take into account that the price will ajust to offer and demand from both P2P and F2P. You cannot ask Jagex to modify the price for F2P only. The only reason gold ores are that pricy is because of smithing gauntlets which are P2P. Otherwise, they would be around 200. Would you want that?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Gold ores used to be used a lot more for training smithing, but addy bolts and SC hammers resulted in less use of gold ores.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Sorry i forgot to mention this is an F2P point of view. The suggestions are for f2p as i am f2p.

With all due respect you might be F2P, but remember P2P are on the same gold ore price bandwagon as you lot :P

I can't recall, but did gold ore ever used to be around the 600gp ea mark back in the day anyway?

Jagex haven't taken in some of the facts which should make it expensive:

1. The competition for gold ore is high.

2. It takes quite long to mine it.

3. There are not many of it.

4. Where there are most of them (crafting guild) it is not near a bank.

NEWS FLASH: YOU set the prices, NOT Jagex. If lots of people buy for high, it will go UP. If they buy for low, it will go DOWN. There are far too many other smithing options in PTP now, and gold is rather high IMO.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

NEWS FLASH: YOU set the prices, NOT Jagex. If lots of people buy for high, it will go UP. If they buy for low, it will go DOWN. There are far too many other smithing options in PTP now, and gold is rather high IMO.

That is mostly true, but Jagex does mess with the prices of high-cost items occasionally. Gold ore however is indeed something we set ourselves.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

That is mostly true, but Jagex does mess with the prices of high-cost items occasionally. Gold ore however is indeed something we set ourselves.

Only instance I can think of of Jagex changing prices is with granite, which was much better then having them take months\years to go back up. Other then that, it's simply items that update slowly because the buying margins are set too high.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Only instance I can think of of Jagex changing prices is with granite, which was much better then having them take months\years to go back up. Other then that, it's simply items that update slowly because the buying margins are set too high.

Jagex sets a max and minimum price for items, and for certain items like this have very limited range.

F2P is the demo version of Runescape.

Mems is accordingly an add-on, although F2P seems more like a demo.

Demos usually run out and dont get updated, so mems would be an addon.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I was under the impression that party hats crashing was a result of Jagex. People also used to talk a fair bit about "frozen prices" on godswords; I assumed that was tampering as well. I don't purchase many valuable items, so I rely on what I hear from other (often ignorant) players. What exactly happened in those situations?

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I was under the impression that party hats crashing was a result of Jagex. People also used to talk a fair bit about "frozen prices" on godswords; I assumed that was tampering as well. I don't purchase many valuable items, so I rely on what I hear from other (often ignorant) players. What exactly happened in those situations?

The GE updates every time a certain number of items are bought\sold, and changes to the average price that they were bought\sold for. Party hats are so high that they are almost never bought, and as such almost never update. They are SLOWLY falling, but since so few are sold, they hardly ever update.

Jagex sets a max and minimum price for items, and for certain items like this have very limited range.

Very very few items are currently stuck at their price ceilings\floors, and the ones that are are ususally there for a good reason. Blood runes are the only ones I can think of that have an impact on the game (I.E. it takes a few minutes to sell blood runes).

DeviledEgg24.png

No! Jagex! Don't let the price rise! I need to get smithing up first!

(ignore the first part please)

Well, maybe you're right, but in p2p there are good places to mine gold, so the price is lower. I know you said that what you wrote was from a f2pers point of view, but realy, don't make a rant of prices being to low :roll: just search another way to make money.

EisS.gif

FTP always has less. Less bank space, less skills, less monsters, less items to make, less types of fish, rocks, jewlery, armor, etc.

FTP has less of everything. This includes gold ores.

If your ranting about that then its just as good as ranting about FTP anything, which is highly discouraged in these here forums.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Well couldn't Jagex make an F2P price for an item and a P2P item. A P2P account will always have to pay the P2P price even if they go on an F2P world. So then it would make it fairer.

God no. That'd just make the whole thing worse. Consider if I ran out of members, and decided to buy 100K gold at a huge discount. Then, F2P becomes starved for gold, I get members back, I win, they lose out.

Anyway, 508gp for some gold is actually overpriced, if you consider the cost of jewelery, and the cost of getting those stones.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Gold ore is good for training smithing + crafting, and those two skills suppose to be expensive skills. I dont think now days you can buy all the supplies and still make profit off of the product. i agree, gold ore should be higher.

SIG.jpg

RealOne.png

The high price of gold keeps mining profitable.

An ore thats more expensive than two chunks of coal and THEN some, but at a lower level?

In a large quantity like that one mine in the dwarven city.

Members are able to make a lot of money off mining gold, I just dont think all of them know about it.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

It's P2P smithign gauntlets that are carrying the entire gold ore price. And unlike coal, you can actualy make a proffit doing it (at least is your not buying your gems or cosmics \' ), which makes it oh so superior to steel in that regard (of course steel is faster).

Gold may be as rare as good conversation for F2P, but it's also next to useless. You gaing no benifit from rings or necklaces, and that pretty much leaves ammulets. Crafting ammulets (except maybe power) is harder to do for the F2P because members have easier access to free gems (via shilo and charged glorys), and free cosmics (fallen stars reward). Members also have teh ring of recoil which commands a superior price considering the low levels needed in its production.

In short, a gold ore price from F2P alone would be supply heavy and thus demand far lower prices. Members are almost the entire consumer for gold bars and more importantly ores. It might be scarce on F2P but we have plenty past the gate (I belive the arzanian mine has 128 gold ore spots).