Fighter Torso Discussion/Argument Thread

i_love_burritos

guess
There's your problem. And I do use whip on the tasks I listed.

Err, I'm assuming you were referring to my 70 hours 'guesstimate', meaning I haden't timed it and it was probably between 65-75 hours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I meant:

making it more difficult to guess precisely when you can flick on prayer

Yup. Because you can't factor in, with mathmatical certainty, the network conditions of every computer between you and Jagex towers, you have to guess (i.e. estimate: judge tentatively or form an estimate of) when the exact moment you should flick it on is; too late, and you won't get the prayer effect until after the hit, too early and you'll waste prayer points. Something that can only be learned by experience, which I have quite a bit of.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

When was the last time you did the prayer flicking it was changed sometime ago.

A little this morning during pc, was running low on prayer at the end; did a lot of it yesterday on a bandos trip. Why?

DeviledEgg24.png

When was the last time you did the prayer flicking it was changed sometime ago.

A little this morning during pc, was running low on prayer at the end; did a lot of it yesterday on a bandos trip. Why?

Sorry ment the person who ranged metal dragons.

I thought prayer was changed to drain in fractions? Or is it just me?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I tested it just moments ago and couldn't see any difference. Where did you read it?

Compfreak: So as a experienced flicker you can say that fighter torso is useful with piety at weaker monsters, eh?

I tested it just moments ago and couldn't see any difference. Where did you read it?

Compfreak: So as a experienced flicker you can say that fighter torso is useful with piety at weaker monsters, eh?

Nope, I can still say that I prefer proslyte, as I end up using a few doses of prayer potion anyway. Not that I can think of many monsters where I do it while meleeing, but still...

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, I can still say that I prefer proslyte, as I end up using a few doses of prayer potion anyway. Not that I can think of many monsters where I do it while meleeing, but still...
What? That's not efficient! :o :P

What? That's not efficient! :o :P

What?

To elaborate, if you had to drink even one dose of prayer potion per hour, it wouldn't be worth it

For the sake of argument, we'll assume that you don't need a dose with either - my math proved that, unless your getting over 135 million XP, adamant chainbody is better then torso due to the time you get for the very small XP boost.

DeviledEgg24.png

What?

To elaborate, if you had to drink even one dose of prayer potion per hour, it wouldn't be worth it

For the sake of argument, we'll assume that you don't need a dose with either - my math proved that, unless your getting over 135 million XP, adamant chainbody is better then torso due to the time you get for the very small XP boost.

Oh yes, I forgot the math that doesn't cover accuracy, defence or hitpoints which all should be considered. Sorry.

What?

Oh yes, I forgot the math that doesn't cover accuracy, defence or hitpoints which all should be considered. Sorry.

Err, what? Accuracy = exactly the same with torso and chainbody, defence = +61 crush vs +65, hitpoints = never counted in training, as they will be 99 long before you hit the 135m break even XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Err, what? Accuracy = exactly the same with torso and chainbody, defence = +61 crush vs +65, hitpoints = never counted in training, as they will be 99 long before you hit the 135m break even XP.
Nooo, this is going all wrong. I took another look at your math and realized it was pretty much right, althought it's hard to make any accurate calculations when the combat is so random. I need to spend more time on my posts... :-#

Nooo, this is going all wrong. I took another look at your math and realized it was pretty much right, althought it's hard to make any accurate calculations when the combat is so random. I need to spend more time on my posts... :-#

It's all about the averages, baby...

DeviledEgg24.png

i got the torso becuase i enjoyed the minigame and it was a bonus, i use it over my barrow armour now becuase of the str bonus , but when super high defense is needed ill use torags or dh, bandos is horrible for the small bonuses it provides over torso, getting torso instead of spending 10mil saves alot of tie

try tellign me you can raise 10mil in the time it takes for a torso

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

i got the torso becuase i enjoyed the minigame and it was a bonus, i use it over my barrow armour now becuase of the str bonus , but when super high defense is needed ill use torags or dh, bandos is horrible for the small bonuses it provides over torso, getting torso instead of spending 10mil saves alot of tie

try tellign me you can raise 10mil in the time it takes for a torso

I've got a better idea, for the month or so I spend training to 99 strength I'll buy a chestplate, then resell it afterward for a loss of a few hundred K. Other then that, I can easily make 1m+ an hour at GWD\DKs, making the 8-10 hours it took for torso fairly easy to raise that much money.

Besides that, I'm better off buying an addy chainbody. I can save myself time and money.

DeviledEgg24.png

• 5 months later...

Torso is worth it if I'm pking, right compfreak? I'm a zerker pure so torso offers best strength bonus for chest. I'm level 71 and mostly fighting pures so accuracy isn't a concern. I think in general for a rune pure or even a barrows pure, a torso is worth it. It also only takes me 3-4 hours to get one, so idk about this talk about 8 hours. If you are good you get like 50 points a game a game is 15 min TOPS. You need 1400 points for torso, so thats 28 games and like... a little over 5 hours if each game takes you 15 minutes, which i don't it should. Plus...the games are fun anyway.

Torso is worth it if I'm pking, right compfreak? I'm a zerker pure so torso offers best strength bonus for chest. I'm level 71 and mostly fighting pures so accuracy isn't a concern. I think in general for a rune pure or even a barrows pure, a torso is worth it. It also only takes me 3-4 hours to get one, so idk about this talk about 8 hours. If you are good you get like 50 points a game a game is 15 min TOPS. You need 1400 points for torso, so thats 28 games and like... a little over 5 hours if each game takes you 15 minutes, which i don't it should. Plus...the games are fun anyway.

For one, i don't think compfreak posts any more. And another thing, what if you died? Once you die you lose the torso, no matter what. Then have to go and get it again. Best to just use some other armor. And not many ppl like to stop doing any thing to play some game. If you enjoy playing BA then do it. But if you find it tedious work then don't bother. And the defense of the torso sucks. Better to use something else which has good defense and is easily replaced.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Sure, defense doesn't matter for PvP.

/sarcasm

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Defense matters alot, and you loose alot defense when using Fighter torso.

So i would say:

NO, it's not worth it.

However if you want +4 Strength, work your way to Bandos chestplate.

I have had Bandos chestplate+tassets very often, and recently i bought them again and sold them again...

Why?

Barrows (Karil+Torag/Dharok/Guthan)+Proselyte is the ultimate armors. Bandos is just for looks+the strengthbonus.

To those who said they would use a torso at somewhere they did not need defence, I say, use void. Pretty sure full melee void > fighter torso + neitiznot. And for pvp, use torag's. 175k, last I checked. It annihilates the torso's defence, and the torso's only 1 slash bonus better than granite, btw. If you don't wanna use torag's, use granite, also cheaper than rune.