Fighter Torso Discussion/Argument Thread

i_love_burritos

Meh, I don't get why you guys don't encourage him to do it, I mean he'll learn more about the game and he'll quit if its frustrating, otherwise he'll have fun. Its not like hes going to force himself to drill through 6 hours of frustration just because we thought it was a good idea to get it. Its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved. However, you don't want to hear that, so I leave my opinion in Adrenal's hands.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its runescape

You drill through frustration every day.

:lol:

^ that is very true.

OT: If you want to waste how ever many hours it takes to get, be my quest. I don't own one, or plan to get one, and i've been doing just fine.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Bad911, thanks for the advice.

I dont mind BBA, I find it enjoyable, only problem is the bad teamembers.

I dont get why there are so many torso haters.... :lol:

Could compfreak sum up his argument against it in laymans terms...

Not just any math. compfreak847 based his calculations on the stats between comparison of more strength bonuses and other armor types, specifically adamant because hes proving its incompetence to something so trifle as, addy. He focused primarily on gaining experience through the use of the Torso, not adding to the fact of its deficiencies, as he easily explained. (not even joking, just read his post before you go ape on it :roll:)

Its easily not reasonable to train with the Torso, but there are other factors people prefer it over other types of armor.

• Its light, might be nothing, but its light.

Looks fashionable, gotta be hip with the in, you know.

Peer pressure, as demonstrated here.

Very dispensable. It took me 8k (?) tokens to get the bronze defender, and thats as far as I got. Void took me 8 hours with a very good clan.

You may say that the other trump it, but for cost/exp - I believe it works wonders against weak monsters where the loot is high and the defence don't count.

Anyways, it looks cool. :lol:

I believe it works wonders against weak monsters where the loot is high and the defence don't count.

This is the only use of a Torso. Doesn't make up for the lost hours, though.

Edit: And if defense doesn't matter, wear Proselyte. Makes it even more useless.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Math

To make it even simpler, the defense/accuracy doesn't make up for the very little 2 str + time lost.

To make it simpler still:

Adamant Chainbody > Fighter Torso

Yeah, simple as that. Period. End of story. Not sure why this thread lives on.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Math

To make it even simpler, the defense/accuracy doesn't make up for the very little 2 str + time lost.

Youre like one of my biggest rolemodels on tif

I love it how you absolutely smash theories with the maths \' \'

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Math

Youre like one of my biggest rolemodels on tif

I love it how you absolutely smash theories with the maths \' \'

A lot of people hate me for that same reason though :cry:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Fake muscles are not cool. :shame:

Fix'd.

And you say you don't spam... :roll:

--------

Pretty much believe anything CompFreak says. Theories can be wrong but when the numbers are right out there in front of you its pretty much proven fact. Whether its one mans experiences or not it still lays the foundation for learning.

Kudos to Comp for yet another topic Slaughter. Keep up the good work.

Addy Chains ftw.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

It is NOT WORTH IT AT ALL!!! DON'T GET IT!!!

Tell why not...

Because the barrows plate surpasses it in any area that requires defence, and proslyte top surpasses it in any place that requires offense (+10% prayer). Even at the best training spot, Armored Zombies, proslyte is actually better due to the less frequent prayer charging required.

Even hypothetically assuming that we ignore the defence and prayer bonus shortcomings, torso provides roughly (120/4)*2)/100 = .6% faster XP. Assuming it takes 8 hours to learn BH, find a team, and actually get the torso (conservative; I've found that it usually takes over 10 in total time), your spending 8 hours to get .6% faster XP. Therefore, the 99.4% of full XP you would normally get from training for those 8 hours is the equivalent of 7.95 hours of training with a torso; because torso boosts XP by .6%, we can divide 7.95 by .006 for 1325 hours, the amount of training required to make torso worth getting over adamant chainbody (most monsters, including armored zombies, use a crush attack where chainbody is superior). 1325 hours = 132,500,000 XP training at Armored Zombies, along with 251,750,000 GP of profit.

So, if you plan on camping for more then 132.5 million XP, torso is worth getting over adamant chainbody. Of course, proslyte plate would blow it right out of the water, and to a lesser extent, bandos - the +1 prayer would by far make up for the cost over the millions of XP, and it can be resold, unlike the figher torso. The torso is entirely unsuitable for PVP, or indeed, any activity besides training, so those need not be considered.

Bottom line: Adamant Chainbody is superior to Fighter Torso unless you intend to train for over 132,500,000 XP (132.5 million) XP; if you include rune\bandos\proslyte in that order, they will all by FAR trump the torso.

Any other questions?

(Yet another campaign against stupidity and endless parroting of incorrect hearsay. I swear, I could keep a template of my top 10 posts, and copy and paste it into 90% of the threads I post on.)

Are forgetting that some people love that game? Sure I think that's it's a huge waste of time but if you really want too get and like the mini-game then he can do it. Maybe not everybody does everything from a it's the "best" standpoint. I do agree though. Skip it unless you love the game.

vettro.png

Tell why not...

Because the barrows plate surpasses it in any area that requires defence, and proslyte top surpasses it in any place that requires offense (+10% prayer). Even at the best training spot, Armored Zombies, proslyte is actually better due to the less frequent prayer charging required.

Even hypothetically assuming that we ignore the defence and prayer bonus shortcomings, torso provides roughly (120/4)*2)/100 = .6% faster XP. Assuming it takes 8 hours to learn BH, find a team, and actually get the torso (conservative; I've found that it usually takes over 10 in total time), your spending 8 hours to get .6% faster XP. Therefore, the 99.4% of full XP you would normally get from training for those 8 hours is the equivalent of 7.95 hours of training with a torso; because torso boosts XP by .6%, we can divide 7.95 by .006 for 1325 hours, the amount of training required to make torso worth getting over adamant chainbody (most monsters, including armored zombies, use a crush attack where chainbody is superior). 1325 hours = 132,500,000 XP training at Armored Zombies, along with 251,750,000 GP of profit.

So, if you plan on camping for more then 132.5 million XP, torso is worth getting over adamant chainbody. Of course, proslyte plate would blow it right out of the water, and to a lesser extent, bandos - the +1 prayer would by far make up for the cost over the millions of XP, and it can be resold, unlike the figher torso. The torso is entirely unsuitable for PVP, or indeed, any activity besides training, so those need not be considered.

Bottom line: Adamant Chainbody is superior to Fighter Torso unless you intend to train for over 132,500,000 XP (132.5 million) XP; if you include rune\bandos\proslyte in that order, they will all by FAR trump the torso.

Any other questions?

(Yet another campaign against stupidity and endless parroting of incorrect hearsay. I swear, I could keep a template of my top 10 posts, and copy and paste it into 90% of the threads I post on.)

Are forgetting that some people love that game? Sure I think that's it's a huge waste of time but if you really want too get and like the mini-game then he can do it. Maybe not everybody does everything from a it's the "best" standpoint. I do agree though. Skip it unless you love the game.

That argument has been said and don't say stuff that has already been said and I said this before and I will say it again don't say stuff that has already been said.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Tell why not...

Any other questions?

Worth it ? / Not worth it ?

It's not worth it, it's a massive waste of time. Unless your willing to sacrifice 800k XP + 1.6m GP for the fun of playing 8 hours of BH - totally understandable, if you enjoy the game, but not if you want to train.

DeviledEgg24.png

Maths wise I am of the impression that FIGHTER TORSOS SHOULD JUST GO AND FLING THEMSELVES INTO A FIERY PIT!!!

Fun wise, if you are willing to sacrifice the exp, then that's great. People sacrifice exp and money by doing many things, but have fun doing it.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Barbarian assault is so frustrating, I don't know how could even put the fun factor on your side. Don't get it - it sucks, and it's boring to get.

Amen. I went there once, on the day of the release, and got so fed up with all the idiots that didn't know what they were doing, and the game itself, that I never went back. Plus its a huge waste of time.

DeviledEgg24.png

basically only pkers should get it?

Err... if it's safe PVP, they should be wearing barrows, if it's a place where they lose it, they should be wearing barrows or a rune plate..

DeviledEgg24.png