If you could make one thing illegal...

Leoo

Ever smoked a hand-rolled tobacco serious? They're grosser. A lot grosser. The smoke is so much heavier, too... And it smells like dip, and I hate that smell, even if I'm doing it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs, even marihuana. They make serious mess out of people, change and stereotype them. I know marihuana has medical uses, so I'd restrict her same as morphium is.

Yes I smoked pot. Yes I've seen great people being wrecked by drugs. I'm not making this out of my A_s.

I'd make it illegal for ideologues to force their moral views on others.

Alcohol -.-

An understandable statement. But it's been done. And it lead to gangs and more violence and underground illegal activites than you could imagine. It's a nice thought, but it can't be done. (plus there's the whole argument that alcohol is responsible for civilization, but I would pay no mind to that side of it)

Hey... kind of reminds me of another form of failed prohibition.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

The addiction, mostly. People don't go homeless over, say, chocolate. Or pizza. Or trading cards(excluding poker and hazard games). Or idk, computers?

I haven't heard of people going homeless over marijuana use.

Marijuana use (along with eating chocolate, pizza, or playing games) can be habit-forming. However, it is very low in physical addiction potential. Many individuals have let video games, gambling, food and other habit-forming activities destroy their lives. Soft drugs are no different.

I don't see anything bad about having some weed after a hard day. But I have seen many people from school or work that begun their "drug-trip" on marijuana, advancing to cocaine and pervitin later.

There isn't much more than mere correlation to support the gateway theory of marijuana.

Alcohol is a different manner. It doesn't make people addicted, although many may argue with me on that. Hard drugs surely do, easy drugs (like pot) do. Maybe less frequently and slowly, but they do.

I certainly would argue with you on that. Hard drugs such as nicotine and alcohol, both having a very high physical addiction potential, much more frequently lead to dependence than do soft drugs (which have low physical addiction potentials).

I suggest you read up a little on the topic of marijuana as well as alcohol. Alcohol, although it does have its benefits, can be an extremely dangerous drug, and it has led to hundreds of thousands of addictions, overdoses, direct and indirect deaths and many other problems. Marijuana is virtually harmless when compared to alcohol.

Drugs, even marihuana. They make serious mess out of people, change and stereotype them. I know marihuana has medical uses, so I'd restrict her same as morphium is.

Yes I smoked pot. Yes I've seen great people being wrecked by drugs. I'm not making this out of my A_s.

I'd make it illegal for ideologues to force their moral views on others.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. I believe this thread was made for people's opinions, and I haven't seen anyone "force" his opinion on anyone here.

The "ideologue" part is just so hypocritical that I won't write anything about it. How can you tell I don't know what I am talking about?

I haven't heard of people going homeless over marijuana use.

Marijuana use (along with eating chocolate, pizza, or playing games) can be habit-forming. However, it is very low in physical addiction potential. Many individuals have let video games, gambling, food and other habit-forming activities destroy their lives. Soft drugs are no different.

We can, however, question their minds and sanity as to why have they chosen to do such a thing. I was literally addicted to runescape like 5 years ago, but I have knocked it of after like a year or so - and I believe it was one of the addictions you are talking about ( assuming you saying that MJ is low in physical addicion, the other things are more addictable? Idk what you meant here). As I've said before, many people are advancing from marihuana to other drugs, and most of them aren't safe as marihuana would be - but saying that MJ is safe, well, I wouldn't even expect myself to say such a thing ;) I'm comparing.

There isn't much more than mere correlation to support the gateway theory of marijuana.

I could provide good proof, but since the internet opinions could be and are frequently based on bs ( remember "I could pwn you with my main" from RS ?), I doubt you'd believe me. But hey, I can tell. I'd never just shout my opinions without any backup evidence.

I certainly would argue with you on that. Hard drugs such as nicotine and alcohol, both having a very high physical addiction potential, much more frequently lead to dependence than do soft drugs (which have low physical addiction potentials).

I suggest you read up a little on the topic of marijuana as well as alcohol. Alcohol, although it does have its benefits, can be an extremely dangerous drug, and it has led to hundreds of thousands of addictions, overdoses, direct and indirect deaths and many other problems. Marijuana is virtually harmless when compared to alcohol.

Well, again. From what I've seen on people my age, drugs take the larger part of those that use them than alcohol does. The addiction is die hard, but I haven't seen anyone drink alcohol since they "have to". But I see your point older people could get addicted, for example because it makes them feel easier or forget trouble.

I guess I could, since I am basing these opinions on my personal experiences, whether direct, indirect or just urban ( from school / work ). Who says that that knowledge wouldn't be valuable one day?

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

Glass beer bottles, I am sick of guys lobbing them at me because I don't feel like talking to them. Also one time me and 2 mates were walking along a road, some idiot nearly hit us with their beer bottle, plus this was a main road with barely any area to walk on, so falling over can be quiet dangerous, plus there would have been no room for an ambulance to park without blocking the road off.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

We can, however, question their minds and sanity as to why have they chosen to do such a thing. I was literally addicted to runescape like 5 years ago, but I have knocked it of after like a year or so - and I believe it was one of the addictions you are talking about ( assuming you saying that MJ is low in physical addicion, the other things are more addictable? Idk what you meant here).

As you admit yourself, mere video games, as well as things like chocolate, sports, etc. all have the potential to be "addicting." However, as virtually any recreational activity can be addicting, there is no reason to condemn one particular activity (such as video games) on the grounds that some people will get psychologically addicted.

Wikipedia has a good article discussing physical dependence and how it differs from psychological dependence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_d ... _addiction

Alcohol, cocaine and other hard drugs are examples of substances which are physically addicting. Marijuana, LSD and other soft drugs are examples of substances which are not physically addicting, or which are extremely low in physical addiction potential. All drugs, as well as almost all recreational activities, have the potential to be psychologically addicting.

I could provide good proof, but since the internet opinions could be and are frequently based on bs ( remember "I could pwn you with my main" from RS ?), I doubt you'd believe me. But hey, I can tell. I'd never just shout my opinions without any backup evidence.

If your evidence is scientific, and if it does not follow the correlation/causation fallacy, then I would be more than happy to see it.

Well, again. From what I've seen on people my age, drugs take the larger part of those that use them than alcohol does. The addiction is die hard, but I haven't seen anyone drink alcohol since they "have to". But I see your point older people could get addicted, for example because it makes them feel easier or forget trouble.

I guess I could, since I am basing these opinions on my personal experiences, whether direct, indirect or just urban ( from school / work ). Who says that that knowledge wouldn't be valuable one day?

Personal experience based on friends and family will only tell you so much about a certain behaviour.

A quick search reveals that "approx 1 in 18 or 5.55% or 15.1 million people in USA" suffer from alcoholism, which is defined as serious abuse and/or physical dependence,[1] and an estimated 75,000 to 100,000 alcohol-related deaths occur every year in the United States. "Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all other illicit drugs combined."[2][3]

It comes down to a draw between 4chan, shows like TMZ and Entertainment Tonight, and scientology. If I had to pick it would be 4chan, at the very least /b/.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I would illegalise Dying :roll:

Honsetly, I would illegalize....Doing adult things at other peoples houses XD It's just creepy :lol:

Well I would have to "illegalize" the freedom of anyone who just doesn't have the mental capacity to come up with an intelligent sentence. Especially if they managed to fail twice in a row.

Allright then. You'll keep your opinions, I'll keep mine.

This isn't a case of my word against yours.

Enjoy your ignorance. :thumbup:

I never stated that I'm participating in such a case. I've simply decided not to discuss this further - I have seen the discussed matter in reality, you are telling me the matter in theory. It's like the communism thread.

This is really all I can say. Have your last word, and hope it will smash my discernment into oblivion.

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

• 2 weeks later...