Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

cooking fletching and fm are all noob capes because you didnt do the skill for fun,

You want to bet I didn't get 99 fletching for fun? I love fletching. Don't judge people.

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any1 cares:

For: 99 Strength (was able to get 50k xp per hour at bandits)

99 woodcutting (was able to get around 80k xp per hour at Barbarin assualt cutting willows)

99 Firemaking (Around 200k xp per hour burning maples)

99 Cooking (Around 250k xp per hour cooking sharks at rogues den)

Fixed :thumbup:

The bold statement is incorrect imo.

If you use yews, flame gloves, and ring of fire, then its 200k/hour, I some places it only possible to burn 1k logs/hour, maples coming in at 135exp/log would total 135k/hour, and its also a lot of logs. Time consuming yes, but the cash for it is around 3-4m. Even using the flame gloves and ring of fire don't make it possible to get 200k/hour with maples, unless you find the right area, which you haven't listed.

Imo the fm is quite ridiculous skill. The reason for this is simply that you have to learn how to put certain logs on fire :| . I dont even count firemaking as skill

It a survival skill so that's probably the only reason why its in the game. If we didn't know how to make a fire, we'd be dead long ago. And with out ranges and ever lasting fires, where would you cook your food that you just made/caught out of fishing and cooking.

Firemaking is a great skill if you get the adze, it makes Woodcutting easier at ANY tree spot since you have a 27.5% chance of burning a log, more time cutting, less time banking.

It a survival skill so that's probably the only reason why its in the game. If we didn't know how to make a fire, we'd be dead long ago. And with out ranges and ever lasting fires, where would you cook your food that you just made/caught out of fishing and cooking.

By using a log with a tinderbox and not getting experience from it? Seriously, we don't need a skill for everything. I can use an empty bowl on a sink and fill it with water--should I be getting experience for it? "Watermaking is an important skill! If we didn't know how to fill things with water, how would we get soft clay, survive in the desert, or make potions?" :lol:

In my opinion, no skill-cape is worth bragging about and no skill-cape is worth dissing either. The cape is just a representation of the fact that you have dedication to the skill, to the game and a lot of free time. As a lot of people already said, no skill in Runescape actually requires 'skill': it's just clicking.

Don't respect a cape, respect the person behind it. Don't diss a cape, but respect the person's motives for getting it.

If someone compliments you on a cape, say thank you and move on. If someone bashes you for wearing a particular cape, ignore them and move on. Simple, really.

That's one of the smartest things that has been said in this topic.

:thumbup:

priest_wiz.png