Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted 99 firemaking for the cape; I recall a time (maybe september?) when I thought 99 mage is too hard, and wanted to burn logs to 99 firemaking. So I bought 50k willows and started burning. Eventually, I decided to just stick to alching (sold 48k at min ge :thumbdown:). Tbh I see mage to 99 easier than I see firemaking to 80. Maybe that's just me? Mage was much more expensive though.

Besides, a 99 is a 99. I was 117 with untrimmed fletching cape :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

If a burn 'X' ever comes out firemaking = noob. Until then i think it is still a rather tedious 99. And would prefer gettin 99 farm 5 times over compared to 99 firemaking :ohnoes:

Burn 'x' would kill the skill and seems rather dumb to implement. It would be far better to add more things to the skill. A good minigame, more things to light and a new type of damage: incinerate (like poison) to add on weapons. Oh, how about some steam engines? ^^

[404] Signature not found.

I haven't had anyone complain to me saying me cape is nooby, personally, I spent 20m+ on firemaking because I loved the cape. Yea i could have spent 4m on it, but it would more painful to "click tinder box -> log"

Great skill imo, should be integrated into combat for making weapons :)

No skill should be considered newb.

Still Firemaking is one of the easier and cheaper skills to get to 99. You don't get profit from it as with fletching though.

I trained from somewhere in the 50's to 92 (for adze) in about 2-3 weeks. 92-94 with the help of the adze and 94-99 in 2 weeks. So it doesn't take very long, but longer than Hunter :lol:

It still needs a lot of dedication as you pointed out.

It may be easy in "game" terms, but ask your wrist the same question :lol:

You'll find that most people who bash the firemaking skillcape, or skill for that matter, haven't got it, or have never had the motivation to do it, because they're just no fun >_>

It takes patience, and also motivation to train a skill like firemaking to a high level; that's why I really despise people who hate it, but can't back it up with hard evidence.

Who cares if it's a money burner? Maybe I've got a little money to spare 8-)

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Still Firemaking is one of the easier and cheaper skills to get to 99. You don't get profit from it as with fletching though.

I trained from somewhere in the 50's to 92 (for adze) in about 2-3 weeks. 92-94 with the help of the adze and 94-99 in 2 weeks. So it doesn't take very long, but longer than Hunter :lol:

You'll find that most people who bash the firemaking skillcape, or skill for that matter, haven't got it, or have never had the motivation to do it, because they're just no fun >_>

It takes patience, and also motivation to train a skill like firemaking to a high level; that's why I really despise people who hate it, but can't back it up with hard evidence.

The bolded statement never happened to me when I got 99 fm...

Yes firemaking is a money burner, I literally killed my bank with firemaking...DANG PROUD OF THAT TOO!

You just don't like firemaking do you?

A 99 skill is an ACHIEVEMENT, no matter what skill.

In your opinion these persons could have done something better with their time, but I feel the same about skills I don't like training.

If you don't like it, then just say that you don't like it and leave people with a fm cape alone.

Bro, killing 10 million chickens using a bronze dagger ACHIEVEMENT but I'm pretty sure I would get flamed hard for bragging about it because it isn't hard to do, just a waste of time. If you want 99 firemaking because its "fun", then get your 99 FM but don't tell anybody because nobody cares. Nobody cares how hard it is on your wrist either. RS has a relatively low APM rate doubtfully exceeding 100. Play an RTS where you can easily have over 150 APM and then tell me about your poor wrist.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Yes firemaking is a money burner, I literally killed my bank with firemaking...DANG PROUD OF THAT TOO!

Grats on killing your bank on a stupid 99. Btw, first you say you wanted it just for the cape. Then you say its a "great" skill, yet you cant be bothered to save 16m and train it slower (I'd think if you like it, you like to train it slowly, so you enjoy it more...).

And Ladycai, a 99 is not a 99. There's:

1) I got this lvl 99 (fletching, cooking, firemaking, ...) cause I just wanted a skill cape as fast as possible (without spending too much). I dont like those skills, I just grinded through them for my cape. Now I'm 99 I never touched it ever since.

2) I like this skill alot. Since I like it, I train it alot, and eventually, I got 99.

I got 99 firemaking a few years back and didn't spent a single coin to get the logs. Instead I cut the logs for 99 woodcutting (willows at Draynor) and then burned them afterwards. Took a while, but I got two 99s in the end and I'm happy with it. Not all skills are money burners if you know how to budget and get around spending that much. :P If people want to use up their money, let them. It's not yours, its theirs. It's their time, their money, their character.

Amen to xxxgod.

Okay, some people that have 99 firemaking enjoyed it. But most dont. Even moreso for cookers and flethcers, since those ask even less dedication.

Better spend the time in a skill you like, even if it doesnt yield you lvl 99 in that one. 99 is overrated.

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Grats on killing your bank on a stupid 99. Btw, first you say you wanted it just for the cape. Then you say its a "great" skill, yet you cant be bothered to save 16m and train it slower (I'd think if you like it, you like to train it slowly, so you enjoy it more...).

And Ladycai, a 99 is not a 99. There's:

1) I got this lvl 99 (fletching, cooking, firemaking, ...) cause I just wanted a skill cape as fast as possible (without spending too much). I dont like those skills, I just grinded through them for my cape. Now I'm 99 I never touched it ever since.

2) I like this skill alot. Since I like it, I train it alot, and eventually, I got 99.

Neither of those is inherent in any skill. You're claiming that a firemaking skillcape in itself is n00by, yet in doing so what you're saying is that nobody who trains the skill enjoys it--that's how you're justifying your claim. Well, that is false. You can see quite a few examples of people who like the skill right here in posts on this very thread. You are wrong.

[hide=]
I don't deny fm takes some time and concentration. maybe not as much as cooking or fletch, but who honestly enjoys burning cash?
You'd be surprised.
why not use that time wisely and get close to 99 in a different skill u enjoy?
What if you do enjoy fm?
u get 99 fm for a shiny cape. and usually it's untrimmed' date=' which says even more about the person wearing it. I'm getting 99 mining. [b']fm is nowhere close to as difficult as mining[/b], since u can't buy the materials needed to achieve 99. all u get is a

rune pick. and lots of rocks to click on. and it gets respect because u cant buy it and it is slow as hell.

So if you need to spend extra time getting money to pay for the materials for a skill, the skill deserves less respect for getting 99 in? What?
if u are sick of people putting down ur fm cape, take it off, stash it somewhere in your bank, get a respectable 99 (probably in a skill uve always wanted 99 in) and wear the cape I've always wanted proudly, not a cape that u think u deserve respect for just because u have a cape and they don't. if someone goes to me and says "where's ur fm/fletch/cook cape?" I laugh because I can easily get 99 in any of those 3 skills, and I don't because they're worthless, and I'm getting 99 in a skill I enjoy.
Dude, some people like training firemaking. Why do you assume that nobody likes firemaking?

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those. that person is truly dedicated to fm, and that's the only time it deserves so much as an iota of respect.
I thought you said skills that cost money to train deserve less respect. Yet you place such high value on herblore, prayer, and smithing?

How do people know they didn't do the skill for fun? If you think fun is clicking the same place over and over again without having to think at all then they would be playing this game http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

Practically every skill is "clicking the same place over and over again." Welcome to Runescape.

And really. At least cooking has a use if you want to cook your own sharks without burning them, but thats stupid because you could just sell your raws and then buy cooked ones already. So actually I was wrong, fletching, FM, and cooking are all pretty stupid 99's.

So what's the use of herblore? Or slayer? What about smithing, fishing, woodcutting, construction, farming, and runecrafting? All supposedly "respectable" skillcapes, yet none of them have any practical reasons for getting 99. Firemaking gets the inferno adze at 92. What does farming get? The last thing you can plant is torstol, which is useless for planting, and spirit trees, which you can plant at level 83...not even a quarter of the way to 99. Herblore loses money on every potion except super weapon poison, and even then it's only because the ingredients are untradable...it's always cheaper to sell the ingredients and just buy the potion than to make it yourself. I could go on, but I hope you see that "uselessness" is not a measure of "n00biness."

[/hide]

i assume u read every word of my post. so y do u choose to omit the parts such as:

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those.

I didn't omit that part. You can see I've responded to it.

also, i dont think buyable skills deserve as much respect certain non buyables, but they do deserve a lot more respect than easy to obtain buyables. the buyables i mentioned are costly, and yield no profit in return for the money and time spent. true, 99 fm yields no profit whatsoever and no return, but you can just drop <10M on it and achieve it in a matter of weeks. those other skills cost an upwards of 40m+ and take months.

Actually, unless you spend about the same amount on firemaking, all of those skills are much faster than firemaking.

getting a 99 shouldnt be for the sake of getting a 99. it should be because u really want 99 in that particular skill no matter the costs. dont expect people to give you any respect if u got 99 fm (or fletch or cook) just for the sake of getting a 99 skill. and usually u can tell. u look up their stats, and if fm/fletch/cook is their highest by a wide margin (being closest second skill is at like sub 85ish (works better if non combat), then chance are that that person only got 99 in any of the 3 skills for a cape.

We've already established pretty well that there are a lot more people who enjoy the skill itself than you think there are.

the point of a 99 is so that it is an ACHIEVEMENT, not a reward. if you think u should be praised for getting 99 in a fairly easy skill, then you, my friend, are truly a noob, worthy of a noob cape. it doesnt matter how much time you put into it if the only reason u got it was to get a cape so you can be "equal", and in my mind, those people are lower than those without a cape.

So what do you think is the motivation for people who get 99 construction then? What about herblore? What's the motivation for someone to get 99 woodcutting, or fishing, or cooking? Can you tell me? You can't, because you don't know. Unless they tell you (or if you can read minds over the internet), you have no idea what motivates someone to get 99 in a skill. Don't pretend you do. We have plenty of examples in this thread alone of people who enjoy training firemaking.

Troacctid: I tried so hard not mentioning any skills in the number 2) part. If someone likes 99 firemaking and gets it 99, then I have no problems with it.

I never said the second option was inherent to any skills. It could be any skill. That's what I'm trying to say: it's mostly the attitude that's behind the 99 that annoys people.

And YES, I know not ALL of you 99 cookers and fletchers/firemakers are noobs that just got it for their quick first 99. I'm saying MOST of them are. Cant deny that.

Troacctid: I tried so hard not mentioning any skills in the number 2) part. If someone likes 99 firemaking and gets it 99, then I have no problems with it.

I never said the second option was inherent to any skills. It could be any skill. That's what I'm trying to say: it's mostly the attitude that's behind the 99 that annoys people.

And YES, I know not ALL of you 99 cookers and fletchers/firemakers are noobs that just got it for their quick first 99. I'm saying MOST of them are. Cant deny that.

Right before it you said:

Grats on killing your bank on a stupid 99.

I'd say that you're discussing the skill itself there, and the person you said it to had already explained that they enjoy the skill.

And I certainly can deny it. Do you have any evidence? Have you surveyed a large group of 99 firemakers? My assumption would be that people who can't stand the skill are much more likely to quit partway through and never make it to a cape. After that, I imagine a heavy proportion of those left over would be players with other 99s who got a different skill before that.

after reading the thread, it's still a noob skill

No skills is noob, no cape is noob, noob is the people who call everybody noob

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

I did get it as my first 99, and I did get it mainly because I wanted to have a 99, but I don't see what's wrong with that. If it's what I want to do, I don't think that it's anyone's place to question me.

Plenty of people also get 99 to raise their total level. Is there something wrong with that?

I will confess that it's very similar to cooking and fletching in exp rate and price, although it does require more attention than those two (at least the more common ways of training them).

To address some arguments that I feel are invalid that are being discussed...

There's nothing wrong with burning yews - for someone who can make money quickly or is already very wealthy (16m is nothing to me now, if I were getting 99 again I'd use yews) the extra time spent making money is shorter than the time difference in burning maples and yews so it does save net time.

I do have some experience with buyables though and very few are faster than firemaking with yews. Almost all are more expensive.

My opinion is that there's no question it's one of the less challenging skills to complete, but I see nothing wrong with the fact that people choose to get it to 99 lol. It's their account, their time, and they know what's best to do with it much more than anyone who wants to tell them the "correct" way to play a game. I still have it as my signature because it means much more to me than any subsequent 99 I've achieved and I still feel it defines my account. A first 99 to a newer player means much more than the latest plowed-through skill for someone aiming for dizzyingly high ranks, which is something many people seem to forget as they advance through the game.

troacctid: if you praise fm so much, y dont u have 99 in it? and dont use a bogus excuse like "i dont have the money" or "i dont have the time/patience for it"

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

troacctid: if you praise fm so much, y dont u have 99 in it? and dont use a bogus excuse like "i dont have the money" or "i dont have the time/patience for it"

a. I'm getting 99 cooking right now, so I'm busy

b. I don't like training firemaking

c. The skill stops at 92, and I don't need an adze because I have 99 wc already

I don't need to train a skill myself to defend the right of others to train it without being labeled as a n00b. Besides, debating is fun, especially when I'm right. :mrgreen:

Oh great, another person who threw away good money to get an orange cape that most people will disrespect, or to get a nice trim on their other cape. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Nobody in the general runescape community respects it(I once saw someone with a trimmed firemaking cape with a following of 10 people calling him a noob, when he put on his runecrafting cape, all but one person said sorry and walked away, the last person was afk and he lured somewhere and got him killed.), and even if some people did, this game is not about respect. I myself, do not ridicule the firemaking cape, that is simply rude. However, I do get angry with the people who create a constant market for maple logs trying to get their firemaking up, squandering their money, when they could be putting it into skills such as herblore or farming, benefitting the entire community, while still obtaining high experience rates(maybe not farming) AND making some of their money back.

And to those who said firemaking is hard, there are waay harder buyable skills. I can name 5 right off the bat. Herblore, construction, runecrafting, farming, and crafting. (Crafting is debatable, high budget methods are faster than magic logs, but low budget methods are much slower than maple or willow logs.)

And to those wondering why I don't have a skillcape myself, it's simple. If I was going to spend money on a cape, it would be a fire cape. Much better stats, plus it is somewhat exciting.

To those who enjoy firemaking(how very few you may be), my hat is off to you for doing what you like. The skills I like cost too much(smithing, as well as others) to train efficiently, so unfortunately, their levels are low.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

However, I do get angry with the people who create a constant market for maple logs trying to get their firemaking up, squandering their money, when they could be putting it into skills such as herblore or farming, benefitting the entire community, while still obtaining high experience rates(maybe not farming) AND making some of their money back.

Eh, herblore and farming aren't useful to get 99 in either, they both stop at 85. 'Sides, people who buy maples are buying them from somebody, right? They're supporting those people. Plus, you lose more money from herblore than from burning maples whether or not you get part of it back.

The real skill people oughta get to 99 is summoning. Now that's a skill that's good for something. :thumbup:

However, I do get angry with the people who create a constant market for maple logs trying to get their firemaking up, squandering their money, when they could be putting it into skills such as herblore or farming, benefitting the entire community, while still obtaining high experience rates(maybe not farming) AND making some of their money back.

Eh, herblore and farming aren't useful to get 99 in either, they both stop at 85. 'Sides, people who buy maples are buying them from somebody, right? They're supporting those people. Plus, you lose more money from herblore than from burning maples whether or not you get part of it back.

The real skill people oughta get to 99 is summoning. Now that's a skill that's good for something. :thumbup:

What I'm saying is that instead of getting a finished product of ashes that only people low on funds will use, instead, you could create potions that many people will use, thus stimulating the economy. I'm not saying to go for a 99 either, unless it happens while doing it or you just like the skill.

By the way, plus one on the summoning idea. :thumbup: That uses almost every skill in the game.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

What I'm saying is that instead of getting a finished product of ashes that only people low on funds will use, instead, you could create potions that many people will use, thus stimulating the economy. I'm not saying to go for a 99 either, unless it happens while doing it or you just like the skill.

By the way, plus one on the summoning idea. :thumbup: That uses almost every skill in the game.

it's much easier to buy potions than it is to sell maple logs, so therefore by your logic firemakers actually do much more for the community than herblorists. besides, herblore is just another buyable - the only difference is that it's more expensive and takes less attention.

people should spend their money on whatever they want to spend it on, not what you deem to be the best use for it. it's their time, not yours. if someone wants to get a 99 who are you to tell them that's a stupid idea?

if ur going to start a topic in general discussion at least try to make the paragraph better and use real reasoning to say that it is a worthy 99 skill.

imho a 99 is a 99 and its hard to achieve. being honest i think that fm in terms of the difficulty of 99 isnt high up as lets say rc or mining or any of those. it does take patience to complete though clicking one log after the other but its an easier skill. certainly no person is a noob wearing the fm cape, infact i think fm capes look the best.