Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

It's annoying, but still very cheap and fast. That combination makes it called a "newb" 99.

Hunter is faster and you gain profit with it. Shouldn't that be more "newb" then?

hunter isnt that fast.... just alot of people have it because you make 35mil getting 99

firemaking is an awful skill but i respect those who get it in the same way ill respect a flecting or cooking cape, ill look over it and think not another one :? though the most commom cape is str

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's annoying, but still very cheap and fast. That combination makes it called a "newb" 99.

Hunter is faster and you gain profit with it. Shouldn't that be more "newb" then?

hunter isnt that fast.... just alot of people have it because you make 35mil getting 99

firemaking is an awful skill but i respect those who get it in the same way ill respect a flecting or cooking cape, ill look over it and think not another one :? though the most commom cape is str

Hunter was released on 21 november 2006. The first person to get 99 hunter got it on 2 december 206.

That makes 11 days for 99 hunter.

priest_wiz.png

I had 99 fletching since before there was a cape for it, and I wore an untrimmed fletching cape until just a few months ago. Only one person ever said anything, and it wasn't even a rude comment, either. He was surprised that I had 127 or 128 combat and around 2050 total (at the time) and fletching was my only 99 skill.

I could be wrong, but it makes me think that you may be overreacting to something one person might have said, and that it's not really something that happens to you all the time.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

And explain to me how you can have spare time, talk, hang out with friends while firemaking. You cant. If you are, then you arent firemaking.

Click with one hand and type with the other hand. Sure, not everyone can handle this but there are enough people who can.

Hunting red chinchompas is 150k exp/hour maximum (at 99 with arctic bear in a full world having an empty spot - according to Zarfot) and burning maples is 180k exp/hour maximum. So, you're wrong!

[404] Signature not found.

Am I the only one who thinks FM is fun?

Nope! I enjoyed Training fm ::'

Firemaking is one of the most boring and useless skills. If you have 99 firemaking as your only 99, it shows you just wanted a skill cape really badly and went for a quick and cheap one (yet very boring and, and therefore, you *could* consider it hard). People hate you cause you just went for a cape, not for the enjoyment of the skill.

umm no? Fm is currently my only 99 and if there were not skill capes, i still would of got 99 fm...

I wanted a 99, in a skill I enjoy, and wear the cape to show I mastered a skill I like....

Same premise as a prayer cape or a Runecrafting cape, is it not ?

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Hunting red chinchompas is 150k exp/hour maximum (at 99 with arctic bear in a full world having an empty spot - according to Zarfot) and burning maples is 180k exp/hour maximum. So, you're wrong!

Very well then. But you still make profit out of it and is also very easy to obtain.

priest_wiz.png

I am so sick of seeing threads that is about a skill NOT being newb skill....

"Someone called cooking cape a noob cape, but it's not ... ITS GREAT!"

I hate these threads, why? Because those who post them let others decide what capes or 99 they want. Personally i find Firemaking cape very nice. (I got prayer,attack,def,str,hp,quest)

But i got one thing to say to you, Firemaking cape or 99 is not a newbie skill but it appears to me that TO YOU it is. If you think that other players view of it matters more than your own, then your hopeless.

GET OVER WITH IT!

Magic logs= 99 fm in 4 or 5 days, its a buyable noob skill.

wow the wisdom of maulmachine shines through again!

If you can get it in 4-5 days how come you don't have it?

And one more thiing how come you don't have any 99's your complaining that its a noob cape but still

your 124 combat and have no 99's

and don't go on about how i have no 99's because i don't play anymore =p

Personally i love to fm its like fishing i love them both and hopefully when i do come back i will get 99 in both

anyway some capes are harder than others and i understand that and i love the way the only people flaming are the people that don't have ANY 99 capes so good on you on getting an awesome cape

24b6j5h.jpg

YOU CAN'T KILL ME CAUSE I'M ALREADY INSIDE YOU!

Notice how all the people who call it a noob 99 DONT have it?

quote]

erm,,, yah,, because we don't want to spend our time getting a noob cape. And only people who like the skill or atleast can STAND the skill and not go insane after 500k exp straight grinding could have the will to say its an honourable cape.

that's why i think that 9 out of 10 people say it's a noob cape. It's too boring and they don't see the purpose of it.

Tip.it's 2nd unoffical Go player

Darkduellord.gif

sm3x;

sm3x0rz.png

And one more thiing how come you don't have any 99's your complaining that its a noob cape but still

Personally i love to fm its like fishing i love them both and hopefully when i do come back i will get 99 in both

anyway some capes are harder than others and i understand that and i love the way the only people flaming are the people that don't have ANY 99 capes so good on you on getting an awesome cape

Maulmachine's wisdom is based on a AUTO...

1: Magic logs cost 1K+ each don't they? So...the person getting 99 FM will burn tons cash.

2: When did FM all of sudden become so easy? I don't think you can achieve FM in 4-5 days unless you play over 10+ hours everyday...

3: FM is a nice skill, stop posting useless topics please.

Notice how all the people who call it a noob 99 DONT have it?

quote]

erm,,, yah,, because we don't want to spend our time getting a noob cape. And only people who like the skill or atleast can STAND the skill and not go insane after 500k exp straight grinding could have the will to say its an honourable cape.

that's why i think that 9 out of 10 people say it's a noob cape. It's too boring and they don't see the purpose of it.

The only reason people dislike it, is because they don't have the brain to realize it's a decent cape with Orange/Gold colour which is nice. As for usefulness of skill, that's a other question...

If i get FM cape which i will (I am 85 WC and FM), i won't let one darn noob mark my FM cape as a noob or bad one. I will though accept fact it's relatively easy to get, but it's not bad achievement and darn well not a very easy one...

I was 127 combat when I got my first 3 99s (at once). Really, being high lvled without 99s just means you are an allround player who doesnt like to grind.

People focus way too much on getting a cape. Even I have fallen for it. I know better now. The only 99s I see myself getting from now is either combat ones or summoning. So I can use a steel titan,or be the strongest you can be (99 melees), not for a "stupid" cape.

I judge mr maulmauchine with 124 combat and no 99s much higher, than those 85s with 99 cooking/fletching/firemaking I see daily. Why? They know nothing of the game.

Sorry if this sounds kinda rude, but how can someone possibly enjoy training firemaking? All you do is making fires in a straight line. You can't browse the internet, you can't chat with others etc., because firemaking requires constant attention.

Sorry if this sounds kinda rude, but how can someone possibly enjoy training firemaking? All you do is making fires in a straight line. You can't browse the internet, you can't chat with others etc., because firemaking requires constant attention.

That's why is a hard skill... Attention, if you can't pay attention, you can't train FM

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

That's why is a hard skill... Attention, if you can't pay attention, you can't train FM

*clicks on tinderbox*

*clicks on logs*

*repeats*

How can somebody possible enjoy doing that? Just wondering.

Yes, and I consider it newby to bore the hell out of yourself just to get a useless, yet "shiny" cape.

Would you still get 99 firemaking if skill capes didnt exist?

I was 127 combat when I got my first 3 99s (at once). Really, being high lvled without 99s just means you are an allround player who doesnt like to grind.

People focus way too much on getting a cape. Even I have fallen for it. I know better now. The only 99s I see myself getting from now is either combat ones or summoning. So I can use a steel titan,or be the strongest you can be (99 melees), not for a "stupid" cape.

I judge mr maulmauchine with 124 combat and no 99s much higher, than those 85s with 99 cooking/fletching/firemaking I see daily. Why? They know nothing of the game.

Maul says you can get 99 FM in 4-5 days with Magic logs. I would like to see that....and documentation of:

- Cash used

- Hour Per Day

- From What Level he burned Magic logs

If he can't document the following i asked for, then i don't think you can get 99 FM in 4-5 days. I heard from Help and advice i could get 99 prayer in a week, and as guile able i was i believed that. But guess what? It took over 3 weeks...

Yes you can get 99 prayer in 1 week, but that's with AUTO and i don't do that and don't recommend it either.

Yes, and I consider it newby to bore the hell out of yourself just to get a useless, yet "shiny" cape.

Would you still get 99 firemaking if skill capes didnt exist?

Yes, FM would be my first 99, before the capes exists, but I was poor :lol:

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

*clicks on tinderbox*

*clicks on logs*

*repeats*

How can somebody possible enjoy doing that? Just wondering.

I love to put hard goals, goals in RS not always are 99 or kill monster... Also a mental resistance.

For me, FM is a nice skill

davix120.png

There are nolifers Sirhemen.

Magic logs is over 400k an hour (I think) so it would only take 25 hours, starting from 1M xp. (which is nearly lvl 75 needed to burn em). Let's make it 30.

Some people play 10 hours a day, so you can get it in 3 days. I'd go insane though, but theoretically, you can get it, easily.

Cost: Magic log 1100 each (?). xp: 350 each (?). Just rough estimates. Anyway, lets say you pay 3 times your xp. Thats nearly 40M for 99. People have that money.

Yeah, straight lines are boring. But there's so much more possible. Just look at my guide in my signature. The last time I did one full straight line was in the low 80's, now I'm at 30m exp.

And for those who want to know, some calculations (assuming we already have ~1m exp in FM, lvl 73):

Doing Maples (135 xp ea):

Logs ~90k

Cost ~3.3m

Time ~75h

Doing Yews (202.5 xp ea):

Logs ~60k

Cost ~28m

Time ~50h

Doing Magics (303.8 xp ea):

Logs ~40k

Cost ~52m

Time ~33h

Assuming you burn 1.2k logs per hour (maximum is around 1350 logs).

[404] Signature not found.