Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you get 99 fm?

now THAT'S a good question.

I know I shouldnt care, but I cant stand those cape hunters. Do a skill you like/or that's useful. I am generalizing, cause some people seem to do love firemaking, but Ive got the feeling most dont.

Why did you get 99 fm?

Cause I enjoyed the Skill for one..

I don't think i ever did one full straight line.

Designs rule =)

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Each to their own, some things are harder to some people than others..

But you say that firemaking is hard in it's own sense, and not like 99 prayer. but what you're saying is that firemaking is hard, when you don't compare it to a hard level? I'll ignore the fact that prayer is relatively easy providing that you have the money.

Secondly, you say that people who don't have the firemaking cape are the ones who are bashing it? What you're saying is those who don't like/want objet a don't have it. That's not a great suprise to me, and I would have thought many others.

They're two holes in your argument that I spotted, perhaps if you gave us a rough estimation of how much exp an hour firemaking was and then compated it with other harder 99s you might have a point/proof.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Personally it is beyond easy to obtain the materials, I have 20+ Million xp in maples that I *could* use in a flash. I did not purchase them, but got them through the kingdom - did I want them - not really - I wanted bird nests/seeds and they were a byproduct. I know many many people who are in the same boat as me. Do I have 99 Firemaking? No, Do I have other 99's that are more difficult - sure. If I can get 99 smithing, pretty sure it's feasible I have displayed the drive to get a 99 with 7 total 99 skills. Infact I was thinking I would like to get an 8th 99 and have been eyeing firemaking - not because of anything other than I consider it easy.

Personally Firemaking and Hunting are much more harder than cooking, you cant really read forums or chat because you require constant clicks to burn logs and burn box traps. The day Jagex releases a burn x - It will become the easiest and saddest cape in the game. - and my wrists will rejoice as I burn X my way to 99 if I dont already have it.

Do I think it's a nice cape - Sure - But it's quick to train if you dont mind the wrist abuse and it's alot cheaper than most other buyable 99's are and have been for quite some time, so even though prayer, crafting and smithing can be powertrained with speed, it takes a LOT more cash to do so.

Maybe it's because firemaking is largely lackluster, always has been and may always be. In classic people got hell for training it too. "Oh wow you can make fires" Lol.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

But you say that firemaking is hard in it's own sense, and not like 99 prayer. but what you're saying is that firemaking is hard, when you don't compare it to a hard level? I'll ignore the fact that prayer is relatively easy providing that you have the money.

Secondly, you say that people who don't have the firemaking cape are the ones who are bashing it? What you're saying is those who don't like/want objet a don't have it. That's not a great suprise to me, and I would have thought many others.

They're two holes in your argument that I spotted, perhaps if you gave us a rough estimation of how much exp an hour firemaking was and then compated it with other harder 99s you might have a point/proof.

You can get somewhere between 150K-200K exp/hour with maples.

priest_wiz.png

[hide=Quote]

[/hide]

Ok, and how much does this cost/how much do others [which i suggested you told us in the first place] cost?

I realise you're not the author of this thead, and I didn't actually need an answer but I was demonstrating with figures you can change an opinion into more or less a fact; we don't have a definition for the noob cape, but you could at least put it level with other skills.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

First off, nobody with a 99 is a noob in any sense of the word.

However, a firemaking cape is quite an anomaly. On one end, I want to think that most people who obtain them just get it as an easy route to a 99. On the other side, getting 99 in a skill with virtually no profit can be testing. I just don't know what to think. :x

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

[hide=Quote]

[/hide]

Ok, and how much does this cost/how much do others [which i suggested you told us in the first place] cost?

I realise you're not the author of this thead, and I didn't actually need an answer but I was demonstrating with figures you can change an opinion into more or less a fact; we don't have a definition for the noob cape, but you could at least put it level with other skills.

Fastest woodcutting ex is somewhere around 65K-72K exp/hour.

priest_wiz.png

You have newbs and noobs. Even a maxed person can be a noob.

Enough will all of the stupid rules and meanings to alternative spellings. It has, and always will mean one thing: Someone new to a game. No matter how many people sully its original meaning with their "L33t Speak".

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

You have newbs and noobs. Even a maxed person can be a noob.

Enough will all of the stupid rules and meanings to alternative spellings. It has, and always will mean one thing: Someone new to a game. No matter how many people sully its original meaning with their "L33t Speak".

I do not see any leet speak in the word "noob".

2j3qh46.jpg

Its all in the same vein; modifying words for no reason. Now making unofficial claims that they actually warrant a different meaning? Ditch this.

They do have different meanings. A 'newb' is someone that is new to an aspect or the whole of the game, a 'noob' is someone with an ignorant and arrogant attitude towards the game and other people.

--Edited Out--

Thanks,

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Its all in the same vein; modifying words for no reason. Now making unofficial claims that they actually warrant a different meaning? Ditch this.

They do have different meanings. A 'newb' is someone that is new to an aspect or the whole of the game, a 'noob' is someone with an ignorant and arrogant attitude towards the game and other people.

Aye, that be true.

A noob and a newb are 2 completely different things.

priest_wiz.png

Firemaking is a near useless skill; the addition of the adze was the first usefull update since... well, at least since rs2. It is cheap, easy (meaning there are few 'changing variables' compared to, say, combat stats) and booring to get. When I see someone with a firemaking cape I see someone who blew a few mill and took weeks of playing time to get a cape with the same stats (and in my opinion, inferior looks) as obby. Why would I respect that? I'd rather just dump 3m in the party room, since it would at least get some use.

quit

sure its straightforward and not that hard but it does take A LOT of patience and dedication because you cant do other things while fm bc you need to keep clicking the whole time.

I can watch movies while firemaking :thumbsup:

It isn't a hard skill, it's fast and cheap.

Click on the link to read my blog http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=775524

krikke321.png

Robots will never be above humans because we made them. That's what monkeys used to say about us.

[hide=]

I don't deny fm takes some time and concentration. maybe not as much as cooking or fletch, but who honestly enjoys burning cash?
You'd be surprised.
why not use that time wisely and get close to 99 in a different skill u enjoy?
What if you do enjoy fm?
u get 99 fm for a shiny cape. and usually it's untrimmed' date=' which says even more about the person wearing it. I'm getting 99 mining. [b']fm is nowhere close to as difficult as mining[/b], since u can't buy the materials needed to achieve 99. all u get is a

rune pick. and lots of rocks to click on. and it gets respect because u cant buy it and it is slow as hell.

So if you need to spend extra time getting money to pay for the materials for a skill, the skill deserves less respect for getting 99 in? What?
if u are sick of people putting down ur fm cape, take it off, stash it somewhere in your bank, get a respectable 99 (probably in a skill uve always wanted 99 in) and wear the cape I've always wanted proudly, not a cape that u think u deserve respect for just because u have a cape and they don't. if someone goes to me and says "where's ur fm/fletch/cook cape?" I laugh because I can easily get 99 in any of those 3 skills, and I don't because they're worthless, and I'm getting 99 in a skill I enjoy.
Dude, some people like training firemaking. Why do you assume that nobody likes firemaking?

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those. that person is truly dedicated to fm, and that's the only time it deserves so much as an iota of respect.
I thought you said skills that cost money to train deserve less respect. Yet you place such high value on herblore, prayer, and smithing?

How do people know they didn't do the skill for fun? If you think fun is clicking the same place over and over again without having to think at all then they would be playing this game http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

Practically every skill is "clicking the same place over and over again." Welcome to Runescape.

And really. At least cooking has a use if you want to cook your own sharks without burning them, but thats stupid because you could just sell your raws and then buy cooked ones already. So actually I was wrong, fletching, FM, and cooking are all pretty stupid 99's.

So what's the use of herblore? Or slayer? What about smithing, fishing, woodcutting, construction, farming, and runecrafting? All supposedly "respectable" skillcapes, yet none of them have any practical reasons for getting 99. Firemaking gets the inferno adze at 92. What does farming get? The last thing you can plant is torstol, which is useless for planting, and spirit trees, which you can plant at level 83...not even a quarter of the way to 99. Herblore loses money on every potion except super weapon poison, and even then it's only because the ingredients are untradable...it's always cheaper to sell the ingredients and just buy the potion than to make it yourself. I could go on, but I hope you see that "uselessness" is not a measure of "n00biness."

[/hide]

i assume u read every word of my post. so y do u choose to omit the parts such as:

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those.

also, i dont think buyable skills deserve as much respect certain non buyables, but they do deserve a lot more respect than easy to obtain buyables. the buyables i mentioned are costly, and yield no profit in return for the money and time spent. true, 99 fm yields no profit whatsoever and no return, but you can just drop <10M on it and achieve it in a matter of weeks. those other skills cost an upwards of 40m+ and take months.

getting a 99 shouldnt be for the sake of getting a 99. it should be because u really want 99 in that particular skill no matter the costs. dont expect people to give you any respect if u got 99 fm (or fletch or cook) just for the sake of getting a 99 skill. and usually u can tell. u look up their stats, and if fm/fletch/cook is their highest by a wide margin (being closest second skill is at like sub 85ish (works better if non combat), then chance are that that person only got 99 in any of the 3 skills for a cape. the point of a 99 is so that it is an ACHIEVEMENT, not a reward. if you think u should be praised for getting 99 in a fairly easy skill, then you, my friend, are truly a noob, worthy of a noob cape. it doesnt matter how much time you put into it if the only reason u got it was to get a cape so you can be "equal", and in my mind, those people are lower than those without a cape.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

[hide=quotes from an fm-hater]

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those.

also, i dont think buyable skills deserve as much respect certain non buyables, but they do deserve a lot more respect than easy to obtain buyables. the buyables i mentioned are costly, and yield no profit in return for the money and time spent. true, 99 fm yields no profit whatsoever and no return, but you can just drop <10M on it and achieve it in a matter of weeks. those other skills cost an upwards of 40m+ and take months.

getting a 99 shouldnt be for the sake of getting a 99. it should be because u really want 99 in that particular skill no matter the costs. dont expect people to give you any respect if u got 99 fm (or fletch or cook) just for the sake of getting a 99 skill. and usually u can tell. u look up their stats, and if fm/fletch/cook is their highest by a wide margin (being closest second skill is at like sub 85ish (works better if non combat), then chance are that that person only got 99 in any of the 3 skills for a cape. the point of a 99 is so that it is an ACHIEVEMENT, not a reward. if you think u should be praised for getting 99 in a fairly easy skill, then you, my friend, are truly a noob, worthy of a noob cape. it doesnt matter how much time you put into it if the only reason u got it was to get a cape so you can be "equal", and in my mind, those people are lower than those without a cape.

[/hide]

You just don't like firemaking do you?

A 99 skill is an ACHIEVEMENT, no matter what skill.

In your opinion these persons could have done something better with their time, but I feel the same about skills I don't like training.

If you don't like it, then just say that you don't like it and leave people with a fm cape alone.

priest_wiz.png

So why does these Achivement capes make so much drama these days? Pisses me off to see topic #12314142 about apparently 'People say that about my skill cape etc' or which cape is most respectable, It pisses me off. It's just a cape, ignore them. Let them keep their opinion to themself and be proud you still have an maxed skill and their most likely jealous.

Amen to xxxgod.

Okay, some people that have 99 firemaking enjoyed it. But most dont. Even moreso for cookers and flethcers, since those ask even less dedication.

Better spend the time in a skill you like, even if it doesnt yield you lvl 99 in that one. 99 is overrated.