Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

By itself it's not newby, it's newby in comparison to 99 in the other skills. It's one of the fastest skills to train, and costs next to no money. You also repeat the same action, and are never even remotely in danger. Because of those facts, it's considered newby because it's one of the easiest if not the easiest skill to 99.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bedman, I read the whole topic, but I'm still trying to figure what exactly your problem is. Of course you don't have to say "nice cape" every time you one, but why do you have such a bad attitude against them?

If it's because "they just got it for a cape and it's boring", then you better also not respect any mining, agility and almost any other cape you meet.

If it's because "they just got it for the cape", well why did you get all your stats? I guess because of total levels, or something. (Not the combat stats.)

You also said it's death simple, agility, thieving, runecrafting, woodcutting, etc. are also all death simple.

You say people do it because they just want the cape and hate the skill itself. To support this you give 9 skills for which this isn't the case. This leaves about 13 skills, do you hate those all too?

I must admit, I dont know it myself either. This topic has been very interesting for me to find out where my despise comes from, and I can only try and explain it, which I tried.

But now, I've gotten facts, you know, numbers.

I looked up the amount of people that have a 99 in some skills.

The skills were:

Firemaking

Cooking

Herblore

Magic

Ranged

Slayer

Farming

Agility

Mining

Smithing

Fletching

Attack

I might do the others too.

Then I divided the number of people with 99 by three. (so, 15k firemakers, that makes 5k). I looked up that rank and compared it.

Firemaking: Top 5k = 13.3M xp

Cooking: 13.45M xp

Herblore: 13.6M xp

Magic: 14.3M xp

Ranged: 15.7M xp

Slayer: 14.6M xp

Farming: 14.5M xp

Agility: 13.36M xp

Mining: 14.2M xp

Smithing: 13.39M xp

Fletching: 13.39M xp

Attack: 15.8M xp

Thieving: 13.5M xp

Construction: 13.2M xp

Runecrafting: 15.6M xp

Take a look at slayer, farming, mining, magic, ranged, attack, rcing herblore (pretty high for such an expensive skill).

Nooby? No. Nooby in comparison? Somewhat.

It's a proven fact that firemaking is one of the cheapest, most simple, skills to raise. The reason why I don't exactly like when people brag about 99 firemaking is, not only is it rather easy, it's 90% useless.

99 firemaking gives you nothing extra from 98. The highest requirement for something firemaking related is 95, and even then, it's something like wasting magic logs to burn shades. Don't get me wrong, it does take dedication and time to get it, but why would you get something that is barely helpful at all?

I see what you're doing here. You choose one of the easiest skills to train, get it to 99 just to brag about it. Now, that you see not many people respect it, you start defending it, when, in comparison to thep other 99 skills, it's not much. Though it is harder than cooking, it's not nearly as useful.

No offence, but you should have chosen a different 99 skill, as firemaking is very rarely used.

P.S. Yes, I don't have any 99 skills, but I do have a quest cape if it really matters. I don't really see a point in getting a 99 skill right now, I just want everything at a rather high level. If you really want to challenge me, sure, I'll go get 99 cooking if you're an "elitist" of level 99 skills.

P.P.S. I don't really think looking at the amount of 99 skills means anything. If something has low 99's, maybe people just don't need it at 99, or it's just difficult. The amount of 99's in one skill is completely irrelevant to almost any situation.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

It's a proven fact that firemaking is one of the cheapest, most simple, skills to raise. The reason why I don't exactly like when people brag about 99 firemaking is, not only is it rather easy, it's 90% useless.

99 firemaking gives you nothing extra from 98. The highest requirement for something firemaking related is 95, and even then, it's something like wasting magic logs to burn shades. Don't get me wrong, it does take dedication and time to get it, but why would you get something that is barely helpful at all?

I see what you're doing here. You choose one of the easiest skills to train, get it to 99 just to brag about it. Now, that you see not many people respect it, you start defending it, when, in comparison to thep other 99 skills, it's not much. Though it is harder than cooking, it's not nearly as useful.

No offence, but you should have chosen a different 99 skill, as firemaking is very rarely used.

Okay, which skills do you think people can brag about? Which skills are difficult to train, slow and/or expensive to train, and useful all the way up to 99? I can think of summoning, and that's it. Maybe the quest cape, but that's not a skillcape. Why single out firemaking (and cooking) as n00bier than the others, when only one other skill actually meets your criteria for being worthwhile?

And this "getting 99 just to brag about it," you don't have any basis for that at all. Case in point:

troacctid.png

Can you guess why I chose to go for 99 cooking? Go ahead, give it a guess if you like.

By itself it's not newby, it's newby in comparison to 99 in the other skills. It's one of the fastest skills to train, and costs next to no money. You also repeat the same action, and are never even remotely in danger. Because of those facts, it's considered newby because it's one of the easiest if not the easiest skill to 99.

Thieving is faster to get to 99 than firemaking. Thieving skillcapes are not considered nooby.

A player who can make 300k gp/hr can earn a dragon plate armour set (l) in about the same time it would take to get 99 firemaking. Full dragon is not considered nooby.

Woodcutting has no practical benefits related to training it, is completely safe, costs no money, consists of nothing but repeatedly chopping the same three or four trees, and requires barely any input from the player--far less effort than is required to train firemaking. Woodcutting skillcapes are not considered nooby.

If your reasons are valid, then why is firemaking a noob 99 if these others are not also nooby? Either you're wrong, or woodcutting, thieving, and full dragon are just as n00by as firemaking.

it is a newbs 99, look at your combat and total level.....need i say more

Thats highly ignorant, it is still a 99, a 99 that you have yet to achieve.

Total level/combat level doesn't reflect the maturity of the person.

It's not ignorant. It means even a really unexperienced guy can get it. What are you talking about maturity?

The vast majority of skills take no skill to train. Click here, click there, click over there. That's all the whole game really is. Every skill can reach 99 with enough grinding, even if you're a total moron, with the possible exception of farming and maybe slayer or summoning.

Thieving is faster to get to 99 than firemaking. Thieving skillcapes are not considered nooby.

A player who can make 300k gp/hr can earn a dragon plate armour set (l) in about the same time it would take to get 99 firemaking. Full dragon is not considered nooby.

Woodcutting has no practical benefits related to training it, is completely safe, costs no money, consists of nothing but repeatedly chopping the same three or four trees, and requires barely any input from the player--far less effort than is required to train firemaking. Woodcutting skillcapes are not considered nooby.

If your reasons are valid, then why is firemaking a noob 99 if these others are not also nooby? Either you're wrong, or woodcutting, thieving, and full dragon are just as n00by as firemaking.

Thieving only becomes fast once you can do pyramid plunder efficiently, which is at least level 70. Before that, you're thieving master farmers for about 24k xp an hour. It also requires a significant amount of "other clicking", as in clicking on NPC's, running around, drinking antipoisons, clicking on objects etc. Not that I'm saying it's a lot harder to train than firemaking, I'm saying that there's at least more variety than firemaking.

Full dragon is a status icon and isn't considered nooby because it is implied that the wearer has much more wealth than is even displayed by their full dragon, either through merchanting or high levels. If you spent a couple hundred hours earning 300k an hour and then spent it all buying full dragon, and I knew of this fact, I would call you a noob.

Woodcutting skillcapes aren't considered nooby, but they aren't considered great either. Also note that cutting willows will barely get you past 50k xp an hour, whereas you can easily get 150k+ fm xp an hour. It therefore takes much longer to 99 than firemaking, and it deserves more respect in turn.

In a sentence, firemaking skillcapes are considered nooby because you gain 100-150k+ xp/hr in that skill starting at a very low level (45) by doing a safe and repetitive task with almost no practical application.

Each other skill usually takes longer, or costs more, or is more dangerous, or is more involving, or is more useful at 99 than firemaking. Thus, firemaking is considered a nooby skill, and understandably so.

Okay, which skills do you think people can brag about? Which skills are difficult to train, slow and/or expensive to train, and useful all the way up to 99? I can think of summoning, and that's it. Maybe the quest cape, but that's not a skillcape. Why single out firemaking (and cooking) as n00bier than the others, when only one other skill actually meets your criteria for being worthwhile?

u left out mining...lowest number of 99s and its been around since the very beginning of the "world" as we know it (that world being runescape :lol: )

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Any skill you can brag about. Though it's not the best choice for training a skill that is alost never used. How often do people brun shades? How often do people make pyre ships? How often do people even make fires besides training?

Here are some skills useful all the way to 99: Attack, Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Magic, Range, Construction, Woodcutting, Smithing, Mining, Runecrafting, Hunter, basically anything that has increased efficiency every level. With higher firemaking, you may only light fires a bit faster, but making fires is near useless.

I have nothing against the "easier" skillcapes, such as fletching, cooking, and firemaking at all. It's just firemaking has no real use except a few quests, a few minigames, and the ability to burn away your money. It's really just a waste of time is all, unless you like bragging. But if you do something just so you can brag about it is a little [bleep]y.

trains2.png

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Any skill you can brag about. Though it's not the best choice for training a skill that is alost never used. How often do people brun shades? How often do people make pyre ships? How often do people even make fires besides training?

Here are some skills useful all the way to 99: Attack, Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Magic, Range, Construction, Woodcutting, Smithing, Mining, Runecrafting, Hunter, basically anything that has increased efficiency every level. With higher firemaking, you may only light fires a bit faster, but making fires is near useless.

I have nothing against the "easier" skillcapes, such as fletching, cooking, and firemaking at all. It's just firemaking has no real use except a few quests, a few minigames, and the ability to burn away your money. It's really just a waste of time is all, unless you like bragging. But if you do something just so you can brag about it is a little [bleep]y.

Well, doing things "just so you can brag about them" includes things like getting 200m experience in a skill, maxing total level, and so on. It's really not exclusive to firemaking at all. You may consider it a waste of time, but others don't...it's not something you can really debate at that point.

Well, you seem to be basing your judgement solely on usefulness, so when you're placing firemaking on the same level as herblore, seems fair enough I suppose.

(Construction, by the way, isn't really useful all the way to 99, because most of the high-leveled furniture is exactly the same as the lower-leveled furniture in everything except appearance. Smithing has a similar problem in that nothing you can smith out of rune is more effective to smith than it is to buy the finished product.)

u left out mining...lowest number of 99s and its been around since the very beginning of the "world" as we know it (that world being runescape :lol: )

Mining is neither difficult nor useful to get to 99.

Thieving only becomes fast once you can do pyramid plunder efficiently, which is at least level 70. Before that, you're thieving master farmers for about 24k xp an hour. It also requires a significant amount of "other clicking", as in clicking on NPC's, running around, drinking antipoisons, clicking on objects etc. Not that I'm saying it's a lot harder to train than firemaking, I'm saying that there's at least more variety than firemaking.

Menaphites can be blackjacked starting at 65. That's only about 3% of the way to 99. 97% of the way you will be getting x that is just as fast or faster than firemaking. As for more variety, Plunder loses some of its novelty by the 400th game, I'd say. And it doesn't take any more clicking than firemaking. So yeah, this is wrong.

Full dragon is a status icon and isn't considered nooby because it is implied that the wearer has much more wealth than is even displayed by their full dragon, either through merchanting or high levels. If you spent a couple hundred hours earning 300k an hour and then spent it all buying full dragon, and I knew of this fact, I would call you a noob.

The full dragon in itself implies nothing of the sort, not any more than a firemaking cape does. It only implies 60 defence and ~28m gp. That's it. That 28m takes about the same amount of time, for someone who can make 300k gp/hr, as getting 99 firemaking with maples. Dragon is not any more useful than a firemaking cape, nor does it take any more skill to obtain, nor is it any more of a "status icon" by your criteria. This is also wrong.

Woodcutting skillcapes aren't considered nooby, but they aren't considered great either. Also note that cutting willows will barely get you past 50k xp an hour, whereas you can easily get 150k+ fm xp an hour. It therefore takes much longer to 99 than firemaking, and it deserves more respect in turn.

Woodcutting is just a little slower than half the speed of firemaking if you cut teaks. But in every other criteria you listed, firemaking matches or beats woodcutting. Firemaking is more expensive, equally dangerous, more involving, and equally useful.

In a sentence, firemaking skillcapes are considered nooby because you gain 100-150k+ xp/hr in that skill starting at a very low level (45) by doing a safe and repetitive task with almost no practical application.

Each other skill usually takes longer, or costs more, or is more dangerous, or is more involving, or is more useful at 99 than firemaking. Thus, firemaking is considered a nooby skill, and understandably so.

What about a red h'ween mask? It's faster to get and less useful than firemaking, without being more dangerous or more involving. Why should a red h'ween mask be respected more than a firemaking cape? It's noobier, right? What about skills that beat firemaking in one area but lose in another? (How many skills are actually "dangerous" to train, for example? Are you planning on alching in the Mithril Dragon lair to avoid randoms?) How do you define "involving"? And I've already covered thieving, woodcutting, and full dragon.

Dragon is not any more useful than a firemaking cape

Wait, WHAT?

Well, doing things "just so you can brag about them" includes things like getting 200m experience in a skill, maxing total level, and so on. It's really not exclusive to firemaking at all. You may consider it a waste of time, but others don't...it's not something you can really debate at that point.

Well, you seem to be basing your judgement solely on usefulness, so when you're placing firemaking on the same level as herblore, seems fair enough I suppose.

(Construction, by the way, isn't really useful all the way to 99, because most of the high-leveled furniture is exactly the same as the lower-leveled furniture in everything except appearance. Smithing has a similar problem in that nothing you can smith out of rune is more effective to smith than it is to buy the finished product.)

Well, if it's a big challenge, then sure you can brag about it. That's why people get 200mil xp. It's a very very big accompishment. Sure, you can also brag about your firemaking cape. However, there's a difference... Firemaking cape is extremely easy in comparison. Sure, it is hard... but don't even think about comparing it to 200mil xp or max total level.

Firemaking is a near useless skill is all I'm trying to say. Personally, I think you'd want to go with 99 cooking if you want to have a skillcape, because it actually has a use.

If someone comes up to me and gloats, "Haha, noob. I have 99 firemaking, and you don't even have a single 99!" I then tell them, "Have fun making little campfires!"

It's a rather easy achievment, yet it's fine to brag about. But don't think you'll gain much of any respect, not only is it rather easy, it's also a dumb choice to train a useless skill.

trains2.png

Text Wall

You basically only repeated what I said about thieving. I'm glad we agree.

Full Dragon IS a status icon and only people who are extremely rich buy it. NOBODY in runescape would work for dozens of hours and then spend their money on useless dragon armor or a red halloween mask, which is also a status icon. If they did so and wore such items, people would respect them because they would assume they have vastly more wealth than what they are even displaying because they have enough money to buy superfluous items like that, not because they grinded away for hours to waste all of their money on useless items. If you believe so, you are seriously not in touch with the game.

You basically only repeated what I said about woodcutting. You said that woodcutting is more than twice as slow as firemaking, which is what i said as well. However, woodcutting and firemaking are not equal in terms of usefulness because woodcutting is a reliable moneymaker for both f2p and p2p, and one of the few ways to get nests and therefore bird eggs. Firemaking does nothing but lose money (although not a lot of it).

The only noob thing about 99 firemaking is carpal tunnel :ohnoes:

This is such a bad argument. The amount of clicking is not a lot compared to other games people play or the amount of clicking needed for some other activities in RS.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Dragon is not any more useful than a firemaking cape

Wait, WHAT?

Yes, you heard me. Dragon armour is not any more useful than a firemaking cape. It's pretty widely accepted that dragon armour is just for show.

Well, if it's a big challenge, then sure you can brag about it. That's why people get 200mil xp. It's a very very big accompishment. Sure, you can also brag about your firemaking cape. However, there's a difference... Firemaking cape is extremely easy in comparison. Sure, it is hard... but don't even think about comparing it to 200mil xp or max total level.

Firemaking is a near useless skill is all I'm trying to say. Personally, I think you'd want to go with 99 cooking if you want to have a skillcape, because it actually has a use.

If someone comes up to me and gloats, "Haha, noob. I have 99 firemaking, and you don't even have a single 99!" I then tell them, "Have fun making little campfires!"

It's a rather easy achievment, yet it's fine to brag about. But don't think you'll gain much of any respect, not only is it rather easy, it's also a dumb choice to train a useless skill.

I can't say I strongly disagree with you at all here. Firemaking is indeed rather useless as a skill, and faster to train than most other skills, and I don't have any respect for any skillcape, including firemaking. (Envy perhaps, in the case of summoning skillcapes, but not respect. I would base my respect on what the player says and does rather than the items they're wearing.) What you've said here is not what I am arguing against, unless you were to draw an unfair conclusion from it.

Text Wall

You basically only repeated what I said about thieving. I'm glad we agree.

Full Dragon IS a status icon and only people who are extremely rich buy it. NOBODY in runescape would work for dozens of hours and then spend their money on useless dragon armor or a red halloween mask, which is also a status icon. If they did so and wore such items, people would respect them because they would assume they have vastly more wealth than what they are even displaying because they have enough money to buy superfluous items like that, not because they grinded away for hours to waste all of their money on useless items. If you believe so, you are seriously not in touch with the game.

All I'm saying is that if someone can get 99 firemaking "just for the cape," then someone else can get 18m "just for a red mask." You can look at goal threads and find people saving up to buy expensive items because they want them and can't afford them yet; it's far from unheard of. Besides, if you respect someone for owning a rare, then you are essentially respecting them for grinding away for hours to earn a useless item, no? It's no worse to assume they got the cash by grinding than it is to assume a 99 firemaker trained the skill without enjoying it just to get the skillcape.

You basically only repeated what I said about woodcutting. You said that woodcutting is more than twice as slow as firemaking, which is what i said as well. However, woodcutting and firemaking are not equal in terms of usefulness because woodcutting is a reliable moneymaker for both f2p and p2p, and one of the few ways to get nests and therefore bird eggs. Firemaking does nothing but lose money (although not a lot of it).

As it turns out, we really aren't in disagreement about much, but as a 99 woodcutter I can tell you that the skill really is not good money at all. I can get faster cash buying bananas at the Catherby docks and reselling them on the Grand Exchange than I can get chopping any kind of log, and that has no skill or quest requirements. Even in f2p I could earn more money cooking anchovy pizza at 58 cooking than I could get chopping yews at 99 woodcutting. So saying woodcutting is a good moneymaker is like saying crafting is a good moneymaker because you can spin flax...it really isn't. The only reason to train woodcutting past 80 (for Stealing Creation) is if you enjoy the skill; otherwise, it can never make money faster than another method you can already do. Firemaking can say the exact same thing. *shrug*

All I'm saying is that if someone can get 99 firemaking "just for the cape," then someone else can get 18m "just for a red mask." You can look at goal threads and find people saving up to buy expensive items because they want them and can't afford them yet; it's far from unheard of. Besides, if you respect someone for owning a rare, then you are essentially respecting them for grinding away for hours to earn a useless item, no? It's no worse to assume they got the cash by grinding than it is to assume a 99 firemaker trained the skill without enjoying it just to get the skillcape.

In my experience, people who spend all of their money to buy rares are people who've never had a rare before. Once they find out that the rare does nothing, they quickly sell it to get their money back. Personally I merchant to make money, which means one good merchanting deal can allow me to buy a red halloween mask, santa, full dragon, whatever. Therefore in my view, the people who own rare items are either a) noobs who wasted all of their assets on something useless or B) a merchanter who can afford such an item with little negative effect on their wealth. Because the people in "a" grinded for their superficial goal, this makes me relate it to firemaking. I suppose if a person got firemaking using only yew and magic logs after level 60, there might be something to be said, but the vast majority clearly train with cheap, easily obtainable maples for nearly the same speed they would attain using yew logs therefore I must place firemakers in the category of "noobs who grind towards a nonpractical goal".

As it turns out, we really aren't in disagreement about much, but as a 99 woodcutter I can tell you that the skill really is not good money at all. I can get faster cash buying bananas at the Catherby docks and reselling them on the Grand Exchange than I can get chopping any kind of log, and that has no skill or quest requirements. Even in f2p I could earn more money cooking anchovy pizza at 58 cooking than I could get chopping yews at 99 woodcutting. So saying woodcutting is a good moneymaker is like saying crafting is a good moneymaker because you can spin flax...it really isn't. The only reason to train woodcutting past 80 (for Stealing Creation) is if you enjoy the skill; otherwise, it can never make money faster than another method you can already do. Firemaking can say the exact same thing. *shrug*

True, but neither firemaking or woodcutting capes are that impressive in that respect, however it still stands that woodcutting capes take at least twice as long as firemaking capes.

In my experience, people who spend all of their money to buy rares are people who've never had a rare before. Once they find out that the rare does nothing, they quickly sell it to get their money back. Personally I merchant to make money, which means one good merchanting deal can allow me to buy a red halloween mask, santa, full dragon, whatever. Therefore in my view, the people who own rare items are either a) noobs who wasted all of their assets on something useless or B) a merchanter who can afford such an item with little negative effect on their wealth. Because the people in "a" grinded for their superficial goal, this makes me relate it to firemaking. I suppose if a person got firemaking using only yew and magic logs after level 60, there might be something to be said, but the vast majority clearly train with cheap, easily obtainable maples for nearly the same speed they would attain using yew logs therefore I must place firemakers in the category of "noobs who grind towards a nonpractical goal".

The error is in projecting your perception of the majority of fm'ers onto the totality of fm'ers. Rather than making a sweeping (and false) generalization on the skill itself, you should be judging on a case-by-case basis.

The error is in projecting your perception of the majority of fm'ers onto the totality of fm'ers. Rather than making a sweeping (and false) generalization on the skill itself, you should be judging on a case-by-case basis.

That generalities don't cover everybody in a population is a given and doesn't need to be said. But even so, how would you purport to judge each person case by case? Ask each person that you see with a fm cape how they trained it? Or assume that they probably trained it cheaply and quickly like 99% of them do? For all practical purposes, it's the latter. If you trained it up using magic logs spending a lot of money, or perhaps cut all of your own logs and trained it that way, good for you. But in the end, it's not that important to the other person and they wouldn't be in the wrong most of the time if they assumed a fm cape was attained quickly and cheaply, thus making it more of a nooby cape in comparison to the others.

I stopped reading at "Mining is neither difficult nor useful to get to 99."

*** [ TROACCTID ]: [mining] lvl: 70 | exp: 743,937 (5.70% of 99) | rank: 287,034 | EXP to lvl 71: 70,508 (8.21% to 71)

Also, lol @

"nor is it [dragon armor] any more of a "status icon" followed by "Yes, you heard me. Dragon armour is not any more useful than a firemaking cape. It's pretty widely accepted that dragon armour is just for show."

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

*** [ TROACCTID ]: [mining] lvl: 70 | exp: 743,937 (5.70% of 99) | rank: 287,034 | EXP to lvl 71: 70,508 (8.21% to 71)

Also, lol @

"nor is it [dragon armor] any more of a "status icon" followed by "Yes, you heard me. Dragon armour is not any more useful than a firemaking cape. It's pretty widely accepted that dragon armour is just for show."

Uh...okay...

What did I say there that was not true?

it is annoying as hell to try and wear my firemaking cape because everyone makes fun of me, even at 130 combat. I am sick and tired of people hating on me because i have this cape. You have to get this cape to max out right? and 99 firemaking was one of the hardest and most brutal 99's to get, even though i did use yews to get ti faster. I don't care what people say, i don't believe this is a noob cape.

i just laugh at those without a skillcape making fun of my fm cape

its rather funny

Lol, really?

You know why I laugh with 99 firemakers.

Cause it's dead boring! Why would you bore the hell out of yourself to get a USELESS 99. On top of that, it's so fast and cheap xp, that it's really easily gotten, if you rule out the boredom. So you dont even get "respect" either. What's left? Wasted hours in the chase of a 99, which in the end, is a letdown. Might aswell go for a 99 you like, or that's useful.

And about people who laugh at your skill cape while they dont have 99s: They havent spent 100 boring hours firemaking. They > you. Also, I got 99 magic, ranged and hitpoints, and in fact, I wish I didnt grind for the last few lvls. I'm getting the xp anyway, and every xp past 99 feels like a bit of wasted grinding. So i'd rather not have 99s. (of course, that's afterwards. Before, you are excited cause you want to wear that shiny cape, yay).

Oh yes, and your 99's are so tough! Chinning for 99 range is easier then cooking, fming or fletching. Hp you usually get close to when you get 99 range, so not so tough, and magic you just alch or burst or whatever you do. Noncombat 99's are usually harder then combat ones. A 99 is a 99 no matter in which skill.

Lol you cant speak with your cooking or fletching cape...

I personally have a woodcutting cape and that in your quote is true, Earning a skill cape takes time and effort but in your case fletching and cooking is what I like to call COMMON Buying skill cape noticed how I said common. And combat 99's are easy but takes time, no profit.

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

Also, lol @

Uh...okay...

What did I say there that was not true?

if it is not more diffcult to get 99 in, y does minng have 99s than fm? pls. because it's harder. and it's useful t an extent. sure rune mining isn't all great as people make it out to be, but it sure as hell makes more money than fm, for obvious reasons. and, also, if it's not dfficult to lvl, y don't u have higher mining? I'm not saying y isn't it 99, cuz U'll use the excuse that you're working on cooking. I'm asking y isn't hgher than ur fm if it's not hard to train and fm supposedly is extremely "difficult"?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

if it is not more diffcult to get 99 in, y does minng have 99s than fm? pls. because it's harder.
Er, no. You click the same rocks over and over again. Not hard. No skill is hard to get 99 in; it's just a matter of grinding. Also, the number of people with skillcapes is not necessarily an indication of the skil's difficulty. Case in point: thieving.
and it's useful t an extent. sure rune mining isn't all great as people make it out to be' date=' but it sure as hell makes more money than fm, for obvious reasons.[/quote']Rune mining is level 85. Not 99. 85 mining is useful; 99 mining is not.
and' date=' also, if it's not dfficult to lvl, y don't u have higher mining? I'm not saying y isn't it 99, cuz U'll use the excuse that you're working on cooking. I'm asking y isn't hgher than ur fm if it's not hard to train and fm supposedly is extremely "difficult"?[/quote']I can get 99 mining if I want to. Anyone can. Nothing is holding me back from it except that I have chosen not to get it. All I would need to do is train mining for a couple hundred hours.I don't have higher mining because I haven't trained it higher, and I feel no need to.

So everyone just ignored my numbers?

I had just proven that mostly all non combat skills besides farming, rcing and MINING, yes mining! are mostly gotten for the cape.

That's why you wont see me getting any of those. The only non combat skills I'd consider getting 99 is crafting or smithing. Crafting has been my highest skill for a long time, I was top 2k with 70 crafting like 4 years ago, so I've got some personal band with it :-). Also, I like how there's so many ways to train it. Most of those nooby hunters just go out and buy out all green d'hides. In fact, there are much more other ways to train. And I will use those. Smithing has a bit of the same nostalgic reason, and with sc hammers, it'll be reasonably fun too. Compared to crafting, it's pretty straightforward though (addy bars all the way).

And Troacctid, you HAVE to make generalizations to make a point. You really cant factor in every individual.

Also, for me, the number of people with 99s is mostly a strong indicator of wether the skills is massively trained for easy 99s (cooking, flethcing), or not. Combat 99s are an exception here.

As you can see, the lvl 85s with 1100 skill total dont have enough knowledge of the game to know that thieving is an easy 99. So they go with what they know: cooking, flethcing or thieving.

And seriously, if you'd make statistics of the people with 99 flethcing, cooking, or firemaking, you'll come out mostly with people with low total lvls = newbs. I cant prove this, but i'm 99% sure you will (based on ingame experience, and forum sigs).

So everyone just ignored my numbers?

I had just proven that mostly all non combat skills besides farming, rcing and MINING, yes mining! are mostly gotten for the cape.

That's why you wont see me getting any of those. The only non combat skills I'd consider getting 99 is crafting or smithing. Crafting has been my highest skill for a long time, I was top 2k with 70 crafting like 4 years ago, so I've got some personal band with it :-). Also, I like how there's so many ways to train it. Most of those nooby hunters just go out and buy out all green d'hides. In fact, there are much more other ways to train. And I will use those. Smithing has a bit of the same nostalgic reason, and with sc hammers, it'll be reasonably fun too. Compared to crafting, it's pretty straightforward though (addy bars all the way).

And Troacctid, you HAVE to make generalizations to make a point. You really cant factor in every individual.

Also, for me, the number of people with 99s is mostly a strong indicator of wether the skills is massively trained for easy 99s (cooking, flethcing), or not. Combat 99s are an exception here.

As you can see, the lvl 85s with 1100 skill total dont have enough knowledge of the game to know that thieving is an easy 99. So they go with what they know: cooking, flethcing or thieving.

And seriously, if you'd make statistics of the people with 99 flethcing, cooking, or firemaking, you'll come out mostly with people with low total lvls = newbs. I cant prove this, but i'm 99% sure you will (based on ingame experience, and forum sigs).

You need to get out more often.

priest_wiz.png