Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i laugh when i look at people saying how they grind this because its a "respectable" skill, i want to get a 99 skill because i ENJOY ITnot because someone says zomg str cape you t3h 1337est!! who cares...fm, cooking, fletching etc. poeple consider these noob skills because you can buy them...does that mean every skill you buy is noob? magic? herblore? construction? crafting? im sure theres more but i cbf thinking of them. and as many people have said before if its so easy WHERES YOURS????

TSAsm.gif

jacob_2230.png

lol, i laugh when i look at people saying how they grind this because its a "respectable" skill, i want to get a 99 skill because i ENJOY ITnot because someone says zomg str cape you t3h 1337est!! who cares...fm, cooking, fletching etc. poeple consider these noob skills because you can buy them...does that mean every skill you buy is noob? magic? herblore? construction? crafting? im sure theres more but i cbf thinking of them. and as many people have said before if its so easy WHERES YOURS????

99 firemaking, 3m. 99 herblore, 90-100m+.

2j3qh46.jpg

Buying skills is noob.

getting the stuff to train the skill (like logs from wc, herbs from farming/combat)(for most of the exp), that's the way it's done.

Well, that explains your stats.

2j3qh46.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but to me, every skillcape is a "wow" from me. The dedication, the boringness, the time spent...

Some are easier to get than others, but all in all, capes aren't hard to get. But like a lot of people, I save my respect for the people who don't get 99 skills just for the cape.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

if it is not more diffcult to get 99 in, y does minng have 99s than fm? pls. because it's harder.
Er, no. You click the same rocks over and over again. Not hard. No skill is hard to get 99 in; it's just a matter of grinding. Also, the number of people with skillcapes is not necessarily an indication of the skil's difficulty. Case in point: thieving.

okay. ask any1 with 99 fm or is getting 99 fm y do they not attempt 99 mining if it isnt harder/more boring. theyll most likely say because its boring. but whats this? theyre making fires over and over again in egdeville/g.e. isnt that boring? if its the same level of boring-ness' date=' then y not go for 99 mining too/instead. they dont because [b']its more boring, requires more attention, and harder than fm[/b]

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

if it is not more diffcult to get 99 in, y does minng have 99s than fm? pls. because it's harder.
Er, no. You click the same rocks over and over again. Not hard. No skill is hard to get 99 in; it's just a matter of grinding. Also, the number of people with skillcapes is not necessarily an indication of the skil's difficulty. Case in point: thieving.

okay. ask any1 with 99 fm or is getting 99 fm y do they not attempt 99 mining if it isnt harder/more boring. theyll most likely say because its boring. but whats this? theyre making fires over and over again in egdeville/g.e. isnt that boring? if its the same level of boring-ness' date=' then y not go for 99 mining too/instead. they dont because [b']its more boring, requires more attention, and harder than fm[/b]

your only saying that bc ur mining is higher than ur fm

agent_earl.png

agent_earl.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS

Personally, like many others have said on this topic, i believe that any 99 is a great accomplisment.

Yes, some skills (Slayer, Runecrafting, Farming) are harder to get than others (Fletching, Cooking, Theiving), but they all require dedication.

"Z0mg..j00 is n3wb, YOUR just sayn that c0z yuo has 99 fmzors!!"

-No, its because it's true. The only reason I have 99 firemaking is because ever since I started playing RuneScape, I've always had a craving to burn things :twisted: (only in game tho :P )

"St0p m4k1n6 up this BS!"

-It's not BS, it's true, and I cant force you to believe it, I'm just speaking my mind because I'm sick and tired of people calling other people noobs because they have untrimmed cooking, or fletching, or firemaking, or....you get my point.

PS: I think this has been my longest post :shock: ... cool 8-)

mostorganized2.jpg

4cbc39f2_e406_2d21.gif

okay. ask any1 with 99 fm or is getting 99 fm y do they not attempt 99 mining if it isnt harder/more boring. theyll most likely say because its boring. but whats this? theyre making fires over and over again in egdeville/g.e. isnt that boring? if its the same level of boring-ness, then y not go for 99 mining too/instead. they dont because its more boring, requires more attention, and harder than fm

I don't see your point. Why would they get 99 mining? And what does it have to do with firemaking? And what makes it so difficult to train mining? As I've said...you click the same rocks until you level up. It's not challenging.

Wow, this thread is still going;

I'll say it again, nothing to this game, no skill is "hard work" its just click click clickity click.

"Hard work" is working a pick an shovel all day long for 18 bucks an hour.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

i think ppl basicly judge skillcapes by 2 factors: the time it takes, and how much money it takes. fm is dead cheap and moderately fast so its nooby, prayer faster but very very expensive so its not. on other hand gathering type skills are very easy and afkble but still very time consuming so they are not considered nooby as with the agility cape, even tho they cost no money at all.

so ur skillcape shows how much money u got and how much time u put in a skill, fm has neither plus 99 fm is completely useless so, i think thats why ppl call it a nooby cape.

bedce0cd19.png

yes burning money rocks!!

Sure, most money is made from paper (some countries use cotton or plastic but meh), paper comes from trees, trees are made of logs.

QED

Firemaking is buring money.

Figuratively. :lol:

OT: I quite like the FM cape. Looks good and has a nice emote.

Besides that it requires lots of wrist trauma. Which I acknowledge.

I don't disrespect any skill cape, I just have more respect for some and less for others. Firemaking is somewhere in the middle. Why? Well for one getting this 99 does not take that long. A player can get an easy 200k xp per hour, but the fact that you can't browse youtube or chat with friends makes it alot harder. You have to be fully attentive. The money spent on the 99 is not that great either, it only requires maybe 5m? It is also the most pointless 99, that will have little or no impact with helping you in your everyday life in .

On my account I have 99 woodcutting, firemaking, cooking and strength. People respect my woodcutting cape and strength cape more than my firemaking, but I know that firemaking was harder for me to get because I did not have the luxury of watching TV or talking with friends. Not longer, but harder.

If any1 cares:

For: 99 Strength (was able to get 50k xp per hour at bandits)

99 woodcutting (was able to get around 80k xp per hour at Barbarin assualt cutting willows)

99 Firemaking (Around 200k xp per hour burning maples)

99 woodcutting (Around 250k xp per hour cooking sharks at rogues den)

I don't disrespect any skill cape, I just have more respect for some and less for others. Firemaking is somewhere in the middle. Why? Well for one getting this 99 does not take that long. A player can get an easy 200k xp per hour, but the fact that you can't browse youtube or chat with friends makes it alot harder. You have to be fully attentive. The money spent on the 99 is not that great either, it only requires maybe 5m? It is also the most pointless 99, that will have little or no impact with helping you in your everyday life in .

On my account I have 99 woodcutting, firemaking, cooking and strength. People respect my woodcutting cape and strength cape more than my firemaking, but I know that firemaking was harder for me to get because I did not have the luxury of watching TV or talking with friends. Not longer, but harder.

If any1 cares:

For: 99 Strength (was able to get 50k xp per hour at bandits)

99 woodcutting (was able to get around 80k xp per hour at Barbarin assualt cutting willows)

99 Firemaking (Around 200k xp per hour burning maples)

99 woodcutting (Around 250k xp per hour cooking sharks at rogues den)

Impressive way to train woodcutting.

2j3qh46.jpg

Firemaking was my favorite skill before I become a member. I got it to only 56 in F2P however because I chopped willows with addy axe and then burned them. I never had enough cash for rune axe as they were 25k back then :P I've only trained it 2 levels since I become a member in Nov '06.

And firemaking is not a "noob" skill for sure, although it's faster than many other skills, as it is not possible to AFK like most skills are. Like woodcutting, if you chop yews or magics you can easily watch YT videos or something at the same time. Same for most other skills.

It's interesting that if you have, say, 98 firemaking and you are training it in GE, no one calls you a noob. Until you have the cape, that is.

Imo the fm is quite ridiculous skill. The reason for this is simply that you have to learn how to put certain logs on fire :| . I dont even count firemaking as skill

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

In my opinion, no skill-cape is worth bragging about and no skill-cape is worth dissing either. The cape is just a representation of the fact that you have dedication to the skill, to the game and a lot of free time. As a lot of people already said, no skill in Runescape actually requires 'skill': it's just clicking.

Don't respect a cape, respect the person behind it. Don't diss a cape, but respect the person's motives for getting it.

If someone compliments you on a cape, say thank you and move on. If someone bashes you for wearing a particular cape, ignore them and move on. Simple, really.

DutchDreams.png

The reason why people consider it a noob 99 is because they think that it is sorta like cooking, and fletching where you buy what you need and do one or two different thigns till 99. In fact firemaking is just that however it does take quite alot more focus, and you can't "AFK" train it, like watching TV while fletching. This is because you need to click every log with the tinderbox.

Not to mention I don't consider any 99s "nooby" since I have gotten 99 Fletching back before the "string X" option, so I had to click every bow and string to string em. Only AFK part was fletching the logs. But even so, the time and effort you spend makes any 99 skill highly valuable, and makes the cape you wear show your hard work and effort put into the skill.

Actually I did AFK train it, I watched videos on youtube the entire time. It really isn't that hard, maybe I'm just good at multitasking. :o (But I doubt that)

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

i highly doubt that kilo, you prob just watched videos in the background, not at the same time

In the background = at the same time #-o

-------------------------

----------- -----------

RS Youtube

----------- -----------

i highly doubt that kilo, you prob just watched videos in the background, not at the same time

In the background = at the same time #-o

----------- -----------

RS Youtube

----------- -----------

no its like listening to music, listening more than watching, not at the same time

agent_earl.png

agent_earl.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS