Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

lawlz firemaking is a waste of money. What exactly does firemaking DO? It lights up a few lamps. Who cares. Worthless.

If there were no cooking ranges, firemaking would have a point. But it just doesnt DO anything.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lawlz firemaking is a waste of money. What exactly does firemaking DO? It lights up a few lamps. Who cares. Worthless.

If there were no cooking ranges, firemaking would have a point. But it just doesnt DO anything.

You can sit and say it's a waste all you want, but look at all the people who thought the same untill the release of the adze. Then you weren't looking to bright then.

FM is a forgotten skill of jagex's. One day they'll add more use to the skill, and then you'll be eating your words.

X_kaylin_X.png

And Construction does the same thing, except it can be shown off to friends. Saying it's worthless or expensive is to relative and a poor argument at best.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

At least construction you can invite your friends over and have a punch on in the combat room.

That must be the lamest excuse to train construction ever.

+1

For me, construction is useful for the glory amulet and the altar

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

At least construction you can invite your friends over and have a punch on in the combat room.

That must be the lamest excuse to train construction ever.

+1

For me, construction is useful for the glory amulet and the altar

i like construction it may be one of my lowest stats but i still enjoy it i like my house and i like to see it grow i dont care how useful it is to me construction is a fun skill if i somehow got 1bil id waste alot of my cash on construction.

but on topic i like the firemaking cape because of its emote and it looks cool 8-) and come on who dosent want to throw fireballs around?

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

What exactly does 99 smithing do? Let you make a small profit off of a plate that can be bought after completing an easy quest? :P

Newsflash - you dont have to be 99 to do that - I had a combat ring first day it was released - infact I hit 50 the first day, not exactly hard if you got cash to blow

And yes i'm serious Jagex has made us make X macros for quite some time

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

You know what is kind of funny. People in this thread say that a major reason for training firemaking is that they actually enjoy it. How come then over 15000 (rough estimate using high scores) people who have 99 firemaking stopped training it as soon as they hit 99? How about because they actually hate training the skill and only wanted the 99.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

You know what is kind of funny. People in this thread say that a major reason for training firemaking is that they actually enjoy it. How come then over 15000 (rough estimate using high scores) people who have 99 firemaking stopped training it as soon as they hit 99? How about because they actually hate training the skill and only wanted the 99.

You can see that in every skill. It isn't unique to firemaking at all.

most of the people bashing the cape don't get the hardest part of the cape, all the clicking; in my training to 99 firemaking i've probably clicked more times then in all my combat skills combined. yes it is a cheap and straight forward cape but it is probably the most tendious and wrist killing skill there is, if you would do it in one go, rsi would be the least of your problems.

also, who doesn't like to look at fire :twisted: all those fires filling up the streets just make me happy, especially when i'm fming with 1-2 more people making even more fires <3:

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

You can see that in every skill. It isn't unique to firemaking at all.

Look up magic, ranged, attack, defence, strength, hp, prayer, slayer, farming. (last ones perhaps not that much).

Firemaking coupled with a low investment and high xp/hour for an average player makes it a lucrative route to get a skill cape.

It might involve clicking but every other skill does ( like alching in magic, hunter, thieving etc..) so thats no reason to regard Firemaking as an elite cape.

And anyways you had 'fun' while training fm ,didn't you? Then why is the discussion of wrist-breaking even coming up... I'm sure the fun in the skill must have overly compensated for the minor pains in the wrist. Unless of course you didn't find the skill fun, then why were you training it in the first place?

Thanks,

Lord Shalaj :)

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

For me its mostly the last option of option 2. Also, for me personally this is coupled with the fact that it's boring (well, most people think it is), so that strongly suggests that (most) people just get it for the cape.

Another argument you could throw in, is that it's dead simple. There are like 4 options to train it: Maples, Eucs, Yews, and magics. Once you've bought them, it's just spending away. With, say, herblore, you actually need to calc out which pot is best to train on, factoring in wether it's easily sellable, the xp/h rate you get, etc...

On the other hand, some other buyables are also dead simple (but require more money).

And what's wrong with that? Why did you get 90 crafting, that strongly suggests you only got it for the level itself or the total level. Same applies for almost all non combat stats after, let's say, level 80. So what they rush for one 99 instead of training all skills a bit more equal? It's their choice, no need to ridicule them for that.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

most of the people bashing the cape don't get the hardest part of the cape, all the clicking; in my training to 99 firemaking i've probably clicked more times then in all my combat skills combined. yes it is a cheap and straight forward cape but it is probably the most tendious and wrist killing skill there is

compared to mining, its nothing. and it really doesnt take all the much if u do it the right way, with more than 1 tinderbox

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

it is a newbs 99, look at your combat and total level.....need i say more

Thats highly ignorant, it is still a 99, a 99 that you have yet to achieve.

Total level/combat level doesn't reflect the maturity of the person.

It's not ignorant. It means even a really unexperienced guy can get it. What are you talking about maturity?

One of the reasons that firemaking is so looked down upon is that it is so useless and there aren't really readily available grinding methods that seem to do any good for runescape or you character like other skills do.

I believe Jagex is working on changing that though, what with beacons, cremations, and pheonix pyres, firemaking is starting to be more of a Mini-game skill and less of a "skill that you sometimes need for quests."

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Honestly, its just a game. It shouldn't really matter if you do something like this, whats the big deal? People can do what they want to do.

Also, I believe as long as you think its an achivement yourself, nothing else should really matter. No matter how much your looked down apon. Ingore list them if your fed up with them?

It's not a big deal. :(

Bedman, I read the whole topic, but I'm still trying to figure what exactly your problem is. Of course you don't have to say "nice cape" every time you one, but why do you have such a bad attitude against them?

If it's because "they just got it for a cape and it's boring", then you better also not respect any mining, agility and almost any other cape you meet.

If it's because "they just got it for the cape", well why did you get all your stats? I guess because of total levels, or something. (Not the combat stats.)

You also said it's death simple, agility, thieving, runecrafting, woodcutting, etc. are also all death simple.

You say people do it because they just want the cape and hate the skill itself. To support this you give 9 skills for which this isn't the case. This leaves about 13 skills, do you hate those all too?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif