Monkfish or sharks moneywise?

mrkylepenguin

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I've heard both ways. Which are better MONEY-WISE, monkfish or sharks? (I have 92 fishing if that helps at all.)

Also, do you actually have to FINISH Swan Song? I'm at the part where you have to catch and cook the monkfish, and I was thinking, well couldn't you just stop doing the quest and keep fishing monkfish as long as you want?

You have to finish Swan Song as during it you can only fish 'fresh monkfish' which give no experience (I think?) and are not able to be traded.

Monkfish are better experience and due to current prices, around the same money as Sharks.

Also they are closer to bank.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

I prefer monks personally. I don't think they are that much slower in the gp/hour category either. But I do know that they will give more exp over the same amount of time.

I think the drop in gp/hour is made up for with the gain in exp. Maybe that's irrelevant to the question you are asking though. I don't know, just throwing that out there though.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

If you don't care about experience, why fish for money? There's nothing in the skill that gives anything better than mediocre profit. Sharks, trawler, and monkfish are all no better than mining pure essence for Guthix's sake. -.-

In reply to the post above, because fishing requires hardly any attention. I can fish while browsing forums, doing homework, watching tv (if I had a tv in the office haha), and a lot of other things if I need to. It is also not a competitive skill, like mining, where multiple people have to share the same rock. I also find w42 fishing guild relaxing, it's fun talking there.

In reply to the post above, because fishing requires hardly any attention. I can fish while browsing forums, doing homework, watching tv (if I had a tv in the office haha), and a lot of other things if I need to. It is also not a competitive skill, like mining, where multiple people have to share the same rock. I also find w42 fishing guild relaxing, it's fun talking there.

There are plenty of non-afk money making methods. In fact, fishing isn't that little AFK. Just do Monkfish for less later regret.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

The monetary difference between monkfish and shark is very low while the exp difference high. You'd be making almost the same amount of money per hour, and the exp is valuable, whether or not you think so at this point in time.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Until like 90 fishing

Monks are better money

Due

To

Speed

Of

Catch.

So you're off good

EDIT:

Lol @ Troa

I know too many methods to make over 700k per hour which doesnt include farming herbs or merching whilst doing it

And dont be a slayer nerd and think its combat.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Yeah i thought you were a decent person until you went all

OMFG U DONT HAV LV SO U DONT KNOW [cabbage]

[bleep] off.

Based on hearsay from 99 fishers, people I know fish sharks 96+ and find it pretty decent.

I'm saying what I hear, and validated

With rough timing on an inventory

Sharks are equal to or better than monks ~95+

I dont need a siggy no moar.