Will Jagex ban pvp trick?

shooterbob7

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

If the system, which is designed to be a random drop, can be predicted in a fuzzy but high range (i.e. between 250K-25M), then it should be removed.

If the system cannot be predicted to give one a high drop by using flowers in a hotspot for 35 minutes, then it shouldn't be removed.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, its time for me to step in, as I've probably gained the most off of 26king out of anyone.

The way PvP works -- there are a few drop tables. There is a drop table for killing someone that doesn't lose over 25k, or if you dont risk 75k... which is all the junk iron, cakes, stuff. However, thats not the point. There is a drop table for low potential, medium potential, and high potential. Each of these is like a seperate monster -- it has common drops, uncommon drops, and rare drops... and even extremely rare drops.

The way a drop works -- each item in a drop takes away a certain amount of your potential, and this is a constant value -- not entirely based on the value you get. Apparently, if you leave an item on the ground, after it disappears it restores that lost potential back -- this is according to Jagex and my personal testing, though.

It takes 30 minutes to build up your potential -- and I believe this usually raises it to high for about 3 kills or so. I don't really know -- I don't really keep track of my hot zone time. It will take a few minutes to get yourself set up again, then to get those three kills -- thats usually about 40 minutes, and 75k has been wasted. You could get just bolts or mystic or something, or you could get something massive. Then usually you gotta die to your friend as well, using up a little more time.

Compare this to doing solo bandos or something -- the supplies cost about what, 50k per trip for 2 kills? And each trip takes about what, 20 minutes? Thats like, 4 kills for 100k wasted in the time it takes to do 25k trick. And considering how much rune it drops, you pretty much always profit from this as well. You also could get tassets, chestplate, boots, or hilt. Just like 25kers could get a fury, berserker ring, or even something like a Dragon Full Helm. Its all luck.

Now you see I've made a ton off of this -- I have gotten 115 brawling gloves, 3 DFH, and 1 DFS. However, hotspot is NOT the only reason I've gotten all this -- I have used 8 Vesta's Longswords pking, and I risk whips -- and when I die, this raises my potential even more. And for some reason, it seems like your drops are tons better when you're using PvP stuff. Probably just coincidence, but idk. But not all my stuff is 26ked -- I do pk, too. It just seems to be all my good stuff that I get has come from 26k's that I've done after using brawling gloves that I have or bodyguarding some friends or watching pvp fights out of boredom. I do have 60 video clips of me pking -- I don't vid all the time though, I do forget a lot. But I'm getting off topic.

Of course, you do get more pvping than you do doing solo bandos, but I suppose team GW would be better. You don't use that much in supplies, and estimates put God Wars at about 1m per hour in the end based on drops. This is more than you get doing PvP, however in PvP you can be gaining experience while you're doing hotzone. PvP 25king does NOT result in 1m per hour, its just a more relaxed method to gaining money. God Wars is still better money -- though you do risk more. You do also gain experience doing god wars -- combat experience of course.

In other words, this is not the best money in the game. And a lot of the skilling you can do in PvP worlds in hotzone means you risk a LOT. I could elaborate more, but I'll do this later, as I don't have time at the moment.

=D> Very nice.

I kill hill giants on my pure and collect big bones in PvP worlds to increase potential. It increases a little less but I can stay there a vey long time. Then 26k trick =0

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I don't think they will, it's not like people are losing nothing and gaining millions. 25k might not seem like much but just look at how many people do it and it really adds up but I'm not saying it evens out, players have probably gained much more then theve lost but there still losing something.

And I also have no idea how they could really stop it. I think they should just keep letting people do it, people arn't always that lucky.

Vector1.png

1. How would they change it? make you unable to kill unarmed players with 26k?

2. There's nothing unfair. Anyone with a buddy can do it.

3. Such profitable drops are rare. Most of the time you'll profit only a little. I tried tricking with a buddy once. He didn't profit off any of his kills, while I made 60k for each one.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

My guthans went from 100-0% at Ankous in a pvp world, made 1mil in drops there and then have done trick around 10 times since...made around 150k total >.< Based purely on luck just like anything else, no point changing it.

Most you need is 75k to gain potential.

Angelic_Whim.png

wait so if u leave a drop your rate doesnt go down?!

so dont pick up those rune javs then o.o

Rune Javelins are mid-potential anyways :P

For a sec over the weekend, it appeared as if the drops on PvP had been nerfed -- I only got like 2 kills for 5 hours of hotzone mining at hobgoblin mine (I'm using my mining brawling gloves) but the next day I had reports from my friends that their drops were working fine. So idk.

EDIT: Oops, didn't complete my post. I tested again the next day as well and my drops were normal again, so idk what happened.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!