Will Jagex ban pvp trick?

shooterbob7

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pvp doesnt always work. Ive built drop with a buddy for over 30 minutes. Then took about 10mil with me into a hotspot and killed him. Risked a ton and got like 50k >.> and he had 75k

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Uneccesary to make this against the rules. It is essentially gambling, and you have no way to 100% surely profit from it. I've gotten steel armor & I've gotten dragon armor, it's really very luck based and it's the exact same as normal pking is. What's the difference from killing your friend for 25k or a random person you legitately PKed for 25k or more? Either way you will receive the drop & it's not breaking a rule at all.

I did it multiple times and every single time got back what I made and profited slightly, but that was with several hours of potential raise. However I've done afew kills without potential and it was pretty much the same. You almost always gain some profit from it, if not much. But no, you still lose something in the process so its perfectly fine.

I doubt it, I mean it is a bit annoying and boring to stand around for an hour or two and hope for a good drop, and not to get pjed by dragon claws and lose 10m -.- . Frankly I'd rather skill or gwd or something. And I know alot of people are with me that it is a bit dumb.

patr1ckotg1.png

If they don't, prices of pvp armour and stuff will die anyway. Even though I guess they were fated to eventually, since they only last 1 hour.

There's not much they can do to really stop it, other than make a limit of only being able to kill the same person one time in an hour, or have the drop protential build-up dramatically slow down if you're in the same place for a certain amount of time. Sort of like how monsters become unaggressive if you're there too long. Something like that.

I know anyone can do it, but I hardly see this as fair, so my opinion is that they will change it in the near future.

Officially speaking, this is the paraphrased response I got from Jagex about the PVP trick:

#1. While it's not fun and sportsmanlike, it is not against the rules.

#2. The system will detect when fights are fixed and will adjust accordingly.

If they don't, prices of pvp armour and stuff will die anyway. Even though I guess they were fated to eventually, since they only last 1 hour.

There's not much they can do to really stop it, other than make a limit of only being able to kill the same person one time in an hour, or have the drop protential build-up dramatically slow down if you're in the same place for a certain amount of time. Sort of like how monsters become unaggressive if you're there too long. Something like that.

I know anyone can do it, but I hardly see this as fair, so my opinion is that they will change it in the near future.

There already is a system in for killing the same person several times with a short amount of time. If you do your chance of a good drop decrease alot.

patr1ckotg1.png

No, Jagex said himself that it was totaly legal and that the drop system will do the work, and anybody can get furies and stuff. Get 76k cash, go in PvP world and stay in PvP hotspot for 1 day. Kill a friend that got 26k and BAM! over 1m+ 100%.

EDIT: On a side note, I made about 5m doing "PvP Trick" or has it should be called, "Drop Fixing".

ib7rVm.png

Why does it matter? Anyone can do it, therfor not unfair to anyone.

I hate that sort of logic.

Anyone could buy gold if they were willing to take a risk, yet that was unfair to the people who didn't, and therefore against the rules. Anyone could do luring if they knew how, yet it was unfair to the victims of it. Drop-fixing is unfair to the people who PK legitimately .

hzvjpwS.gif

Yea, I have to agree with you there. But real pkers have a much better chance of getting good drops if they have the same dp as the ones doing the trick. There are many factors that incerease the drops to real pkers compared to 25k people. such as, longer battles, near ko. and special and all that. So it's better to do real pk then just the pvp trick.