Draconic Visage..

gorgoroth

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

When well people learn? There is no such thing as a drop rate. There never was. Someone who's killed 1 vs someone who's killed 1000 has no less chance of getting a visage. There is no kill counter that decides "oh, you've killed X ammount, better give you a drop."

i dont think anyone was claiming a drop rate they just were giving averages they found online

kk?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There is no such thing as a drop rate."

-If you say this, you just don't know what drop rate means.

The drop rate for whips is 1/450. That does NOT mean that exactly every 450th kill yields a whip. It also does NOT mean that you're guaranteed a whip drop if you kill 450 demons.

It means that if you kill ten billion demons, you will, on average, get one whip per 450 kills. It would probably include fifteen consecutive whip drops and and a dry spell of 10k kills. But it would average out at one whip per 450 kills. Because that's the drop rate.

Drop rate does NOT mean that as you near 450 kills, your chance of a whip drop gets better. It does NOT mean that there are cross server wide counters for Abyssal Demon kills that decide when a whip is dropped. This does NOT exist, and it's NOT what drop rate means. This kind of a system would be ridiculous in both concept and implementation.

Every time you kill a demon, it's a roll of the dice. The dice (die? don't know my English) just has 450 sides to it instead of 6.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

The probability that you roll dice in this exact sequence:

1-3-2-5-6-1-4-5

is the same as rolling the following sequence:

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

Although in human perception the first sequence is seen as nothing special, but the second sequence as almost impossible.

Both exact sequences are equally impossible though.

I got to 99 slayer and past without a visage or a shield half.

The probability of the wheel hitting the option of a visage is low. Very very low.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I've had 2 Visages from Iron Dragons and I'd say you really can't put a correct drop rate on it, I got my first visage after 1k kills, got my second one after 7k kills (6k kills between with no visage, yes I did kill that many and yes I still kill them a lot nowadays). After my second visage I've killed atleast another 3k Iron Dragons which puts me at 10k kills with 2 visages..

They are extremely rare and as someone here said before, just let it surprise you, don't go hunting for one.

Goodluck if you do!

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I definitely think there is a drop rate, after all like others have said previously, people would be coming out of slayer tasks every now and then with inventories of dragon chains from dust devils and a plenty full of whips from abby demons etc.

For me, I think the drop rate of whips from abby demons are roughly 1 in 450. This is because I sometimes get 0, sometimes I get 2-3 from up to 1.5k abby demons. My worst streak was roughly 1.8k abby demons without a whip drop, so I think drop rates exist, jagex just can't say what they are.

I personally think the visage drop rate is 1 in 5k. I've only had 1 in my life and it was from a steel dragon. I've probably killed 10k metal dragons to date, so yeah probably 1 in 5k, that being every kill has a 1 in 5,000 chance, could be less, who knows. I would believe 1 in 2.5k also.

2vuhgcn.png

• 5 months later...

When well people learn? There is no such thing as a drop rate. There never was. Someone who's killed 1 vs someone who's killed 1000 has no less chance of getting a visage. There is no kill counter that decides "oh, you've killed X ammount, better give you a drop."

Ok I have to get this of my chest. People tend to believe that drop rate means you kill x amount and will get it. Drop rate actually means the chance of getting an item per kill. It's like rolling a dice with let us say 2000 sides. Each kill the dice is cast and you have that 1/2000 chance every kill to get the drop. Without drop rates random drops would not work, because how would the game know how rare it should be if there is not a percentage chance of it dropping?