Using up slayer points

mysafehome01

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

As everyone said, slayer dart :thumbsup:

Slayer points:

1.Deal with Steel dragons every task, Get slayer Helm

2. Deal with Steel dragons/hellhounds, get slayer Ring

3.Deal with Steel dragons/hellhounds, get bad monsters blocked.

4. Deal with Steel dragons/hellhounds every task, build a pool of 150 points to block other bad tasks

5. Dump them, never use again.

Seriously, Duradel really hates giving good tasks. It is a miracle when he gives something othr than Steel Dragons, Irons, or Black Demons or greater deamons, or hellhounds. If you look at his task list low exp / unprofitable tasks outnumber good ones almost 3 to 1.

If you take the usual bad task for the runes, you are just wasting your time, bc you can make a lot more than 35k(about half of the death reward) on a good task.

The solution is to burthrope these bad tasks. That will bring your exp up, your profit up, everything will get better. It will seem like magic just how smoothly things run when you quit wasting your time on slayer points.

A turel task takes 10-15 mins tops. Just stop wasting your time on these overrated points. Just bc something is new does not mean it is good.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

You can add this to your signature, 'over opinionated.'

I have 91 slayer. I have been training slayer for 3 years. This is what I have found in my experience:Slay points are stupid. They are a complete waste of time. The only reason people use them is becasue they are too afraid to drop them.

TheDay is a troll imo. Get over it and stop being so biased.

Slayer points were put there because slayer itself was an incomplete skill.

Buy all things you can. That includes arrow/bolt making and ring making skills, then keep 90-120 points for cancelling tasks and use the extras on slayer dart

TheDay is a troll imo. Get over it and stop being so biased.

Slayer points were put there because slayer itself was an incomplete skill.

Buy all things you can. That includes arrow/bolt making and ring making skills, then keep 90-120 points for cancelling tasks and use the extras on slayer dart

Im a troll because I gave an oppposing opinion?

I have not mentioned that issue in this entire topic outside of my sig. If you think Im a troll, report me and let a mod determine that.

I have 91 slayer. I have been training slayer for 3 years. This is what I have found in my experience:Slay points are stupid. They are a complete waste of time. The only reason people use them is becasue they are too afraid to drop them.

Who cares about your slayer level, or the ammount of time you've spend in it. Fyi, I've played longer and have 99 slayer, and I disagree with you. By your logic, I win.

Who cares about your slayer level, or the amount of time you've spend in it. Fyi, I've played longer and have 99 slayer, and I disagree with you. By your logic, I win.

^ Nice one, I consider slayer points to be a bonus to the every day slaying with dudreal because points or no points I would use him.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Who cares about your slayer level, or the ammount of time you've spend in it. Fyi, I've played longer and have 99 slayer, and I disagree with you. By your logic, I win.

I have never suggested not to use Duradel. Duradel gives longer tasks.I was just giving my opnion on it. I have information to back up what I say. Slay points give a false impression of free money, when you actually have to do horrible tasks to keep them. If you want to lose money doing 2 hour tasks that give hardly any profit just to get 15 points, worth about 35k, then go ahead. This is starting to get off topic, so ill leave it there since apperantly going against several Official Royal Veiwpoints is trolling.

I have never suggested not to use Duradel. Duradel gives longer tasks.I was just giving my opnion on it. I have information to back up what I say. Slay points give a false impression of free money, when you actually have to do horrible tasks to keep them. If you want to lose money doing 2 hour tasks that give hardly any profit just to get 15 points, worth about 35k, then go ahead. This is starting to get off topic, so ill leave it there since apperantly going against several Official Royal Veiwpoints is trolling.

If there were no slayer points you would have to burthrope bad tasks and get no points for his good tasks.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Unlock the fletching. Pointless yes, but Jagex will most likely have this as a requirement for something or other in the future.

After that I would leave 90 points for cancelling tasks and spend the rest on runes. Nice profit to be made, pays for the cannoning I do \'

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Agreed. I'm 94 slayer and can safely say Slayer Points are the best thing to happen to slayer. Points = free cash when you trade for runes. Who is going to knock that?

Also TheDay's list of bad tasks is dubious. Black Demons give awesome XP and should never be skipped, sure you burn a few prayer points, but if you alch, collect coins and have a semi-decent pray level you break even or slightly profit. Greater Demons are also OK XP, granted easier at 127+ cb so the dogs don't attack you but even before then you can slay them with only 20 minutes of aggro if you bother to work out where the "zone" is. Hellhounds have rubbish drops but are pretty much a "free" task with average XP. Only trouble is the place is packed, but they are still not worth skipping. Only one I agree on is Steel Dragons.

I block Steels, Irons, Terrorbirds and Wyverns. The latter 2 mainly for ease as they are a pain to complete.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'm starting to doubt you've even given using slayer points a fair go. The first few tasks are difficult, that's true. However, who said you have to use Duradel and his metal dragon tasks for your first few tasks?

In your list, you mentioned banning monsters as being almost the last thing you do. It should be the other way around, you ban tasks FIRST so you don't have to bother with them. Once that's done it's smooth sailing. I personally only have 1-2 tasks that I dislike from duradel that aren't banned, and I can put up with one of them (waterfiends). If you're smart and keep a safe amount of points, you can skip tasks INSTANTLY. No burthoping. Burthoping may seem fast to you, but it still takes time, and many still find it annoying (and it IS terrible xp).

People who refuse to use points to both skip and ban tasks are doing themselves injustice, that's true, but if you use them correctly burthoping is mad ineffictive in every way. Of course, if you enjoy it, feel free to burthope. If you're trying to get 99 slayer, you might want to start and pick up good habits and save yourself the time.

I don't have any comment on slaying specifically for points using low level masters, since I've never attempted it. I've never done a task I dispise, I've never burthoped and I certainly never was disadvantaged by slayer points. They're a god send.

To the topic creator: As said, slayer darts are most profitable, try keep 90-150 points spare so you always have the option of skipping :D

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Use on slayer dart spells, make some cash :thumbup:

Yeah you should do that,

Miss

tipitsignatureav7.jpg

Private Chat is allways ON, So please feel free to add me, I allways enjoy a good conversation and Im also a very good listener.