Not Sailing you noobs, it's Exploration.

this is looking like it would be a great way to implement some new area (i for one am bored of the same ol same ol)

well thought out. my only problem is i didnt see how much xp ud expect to give. if its as slow as slayer many will hate you :D

and it brings sailing into the game without it being a skill and makes it have some use (if this happens it will finally shut them up after the initial wave of I TOLD YOU SO'S even though most said it would be a skill :shock:)

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about the idea since this has been posted. Now I realize it has potential that can EASILY be destroyed...

Mainly, it can open up VAST new areas.. And that can be an understatement.. they can update and add TONS of awesome new lands... Dungeons with lots of travel to even get to.. plains full of new, dangerous monsters, exploring and treasure hunting in new areas, islands of special use... Hell even skill potential.. Add new ores that must be mined once you can sail to an island at X exploration level, etc, etc...

Would take a hell of alot of work on jagex's part to make many new lands though.. but they do show their moments of greatness <3:

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I have a feeling that even if Exploration consisted of sailing, people would still say, "SEE! I told you the Sailing Skill wasn't going to come out!!" :lol:

That's because exploration =/= Sailing

Yeah and Construction = Carpentry under a different name.

Thanks for playing. Fixed your post. emot-sotw.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Either way I hope the next skill isnt a pathetic attempt for a skill such as firemaking.

Firemaking pawns. :thumbup:

I wonder how we would actually gain experience in this skill. Maybe it will have a sort of Stealing Creation element to it, where random exp-holes pop up somewhere on the map?

Hopefully it's more than getting on a boat; we might as well do laps from Varrock to Yanille then BAM. 99 Exploration lawl.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

It's an okay idea. There are some ideas I don't like, but those are the ones that Jagex would never implement anyway. I made two posts to it. I possibly could have thought through them more before I posted, but oh well, haha.

I support this idea. There are some aspects of it that I think would make it a bit overpowered, but nevermind that.

One suggestion I have is to do with the runes being linked with a new spellbook. The runes could be called Tropical, Voodoo, or whatever you wanted to call them, but they could be the essential rune in the new Voodoo spellbook (I figure a quest would be necessary to unlock the spellbook).

I would envision that Voodoo would primarily be related to curse and poison spells, and probabyl without teleportation spells; a smaller book than the three current ones.

Use this if you want.

Also, with the Voodoo spellbook, there could be some connection to Summoning/Necromancing in terms of ebing able to call up skeletons, zombies, broodoo victims, etc. in battle. However, summoning these could be independent of having a familiar following you; as in, you could have a zombie and a familiar summoned at the same time. However, these undead monsters would only be usable for a few seconds.

Another possible name for the spellbook could be Broodoo, given the broodoo victims, shields, and masks from Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup.

:)

Cool.

RSOF QFC 76-77-139-57861125

I don't think the link works and regardless I'm not going to click it. :P

But yeah it is a good idea.

It's not a link. You go to RSOF and type that number in the quick find text box.

Sailing and Exploration both sound like really lame skills to me.

35b9enp.jpg

I have a feeling that even if Exploration consisted of sailing, people would still say, "SEE! I told you the Sailing Skill wasn't going to come out!!" :lol:

How convenient to try to say they're synonymous when they're not. Carpentry is woodworking while Construction is building things - wood or not. Just like Sailing is venturing on water while Exploration is venturing - water or not.

PS: Thanks for the pic.

emot-sotw.gif

And you couldn't even train carpentry. It was just a dead skill that was removed with the release of Agility.

Yet it's common knowledge to know the skills were based on the same idea.

And you couldn't even train carpentry. It was just a dead skill that was removed with the release of Agility.

Yet it's common knowledge to know the skills were based on the same idea.

Just got renamed:

Carpentry = Construction

Tailoring = Crafting

sounds good but sailing will still play a part in this skill so 2 skills.

EDIT i still love how sailings a lame idea but slap a name on it like exploration and you all wet your pants, its the same idea but wrapped under another name

That's like saying that basket weaving is a lame skill, and crafting is the same thing under a different name.

It's nothing like this, let me make this clear to you, ok jagex are planning 2 skills, theres evidence out there that suggests this, i think sailing + navigating orrr exploring in this case, will be 2 skills based on the same idea the thing is, people need to train themselves to think laterally, out side of the box right now all thats going around is "SAIL BOAT WUT BUT I UNO HOW TO SWIMz"

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

How convenient to try to say they're synonymous when they're not. Carpentry is woodworking while Construction is building things - wood or not. Just like Sailing is venturing on water while Exploration is venturing - water or not.

PS: Thanks for the pic.

emot-sotw.gif

Construction started out as carpentry, that's why they're synonymous. Carpentry was an update KNOWN to be on Jagex's list, and it was renamed to Construction.

There's no proof sailing was ever on the list, and you're arguing theory with saying sailing = exploration that makes you basically infallible. If the skill contains any boat at all, you'll just say "Look, it evolved from sailing!!"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Construction started out as carpentry, that's why they're synonymous. Carpentry was an update KNOWN to be on Jagex's list, and it was renamed to Construction.

There's no proof sailing was ever on the list, and you're arguing theory with saying sailing = exploration that makes you basically infallible. If the skill contains any boat at all, you'll just say "Look, it evolved from sailing!!"

My point was merely directed at the obnoxious group of players who will say, "See! Told you no Sailing!" It would be the same as saying "See! Told you Carpentry wasn't going to be re-released!" While they are technically right, it's still a ridiculous remark to make.

Lol this thread is about Exploration, not carpentry, not constrtuction. Sailing =/= Exploration and who gives a flying [bleep] is Carpentry =/= or = construction or not..

Also, for the record, you all just lost the game. emot-sotw.gif

that smileys lost the game, it needs to be transparent asap

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Lol this thread is about Exploration, not carpentry, not constrtuction. Sailing =/= Exploration and who gives a flying [bleep] is Carpentry =/= or = construction or not..

Also, for the record, you all just lost the game. emot-sotw.gif

that smileys lost the game, it needs to be transparent asap

Not my smilely I c/p'd it <3.

d6e4cdbc5e.png

I agree with the guy on the first page. Why do we need another skill when Jagex can just update pre-existing ones. FFS, you actually update FM and that is basically an entirely new skill right there.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Well uh, FM is useless unless you want the cape or for some reason have a fetish for clicking repetitively, Smithing hasn't seen an incredibly useful update in awhile, woodcutting hasn't changed in basically forever, fletching is basically the same as FM, etc.

AS for the actual game, maybe like the entire combat system is based on luck, castlewars could use some simply changes like letting people actually shoot out of the towers in the middle, I'm sure other mini-games could use updating, stuff like PKing isn't exactly innovative and fun when (as I mentioned) it basically requires you to get lucky and even when you do you might get like 2 str potions and a lobster for your time.

I'm not saying exploration is a bad idea. It is just sometimes people seem so caught up in "I wanna be one of the first people to get 70 in (insert skill)!". They don't actually care much about what the skill is but they want a new skill so they can level it and add to their total level or show off the new items. Really, adding a new skill would be great but I just think updating all the things we already have is a much better option.;

BTW, why is what I said blocked? A fetish is nothing more than a strong desire. It doesn't have to be sexual...

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

Well uh, FM is useless unless you want the cape or for some reason have a [specialInterest] for clicking repetitively, Smithing hasn't seen an incredibly useful update in awhile, woodcutting hasn't changed in basically forever, fletching is basically the same as FM, etc.

AS for the actual game, maybe like the entire combat system is based on luck, castlewars could use some simply changes like letting people actually shoot out of the towers in the middle, I'm sure other mini-games could use updating, stuff like PKing isn't exactly innovative and fun when (as I mentioned) it basically requires you to get lucky and even when you do you might get like 2 str potions and a lobster for your time.

I'm not saying exploration is a bad idea. It is just sometimes people seem so caught up in "I wanna be one of the first people to get 70 in (insert skill)!". They don't actually care much about what the skill is but they want a new skill so they can level it and add to their total level or show off the new items. Really, adding a new skill would be great but I just think updating all the things we already have is a much better option.;

BTW, why is what I said blocked? A [specialInterest] is nothing more than a strong desire. It doesn't have to be sexual...

I mean i cant think of anything to update for WC its pretty straight forward, same with fletching. Maybe Smithing could use additions but what?

d6e4cdbc5e.png

Make it less straight forward. I am pretty sure the guy who came up for "exploration" found a way to make it less straightforward than walking around.... exploring. This is part of the updating I mean.