My problems and such - Update

sohkmj1

I've decided to make an entire thread instead of just spamming this forum up with noob tech advice.

So here are my current question(s)

It's taking awfully long to load pages with pictures on them, and I mean stuff that is slightly more than your average signature. Hell, even pages that normally I go to have broken images and take super long to load. Is there... something with my internet i should know about? Speed is 2mbps/s, not very fast yeah, but it's broadband.

Don't laugh at my noobiness pl0x? :wall:

That pink line is dead pixels. Your going need to get your monitor to serviced, or buy a new monitor completely, unfortunately.

I'd wait for someone else to post however though, and prove me right/wrong, before taking my advice. I wouldn't want you to buy a new monitor because I told you too, when it can easily be fixed.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

The graphics card could be dyeing, it could be the drivers have become corrupt, the card is overheating or like Ouchy_S said, dead pixels.

Dead pixels try this.

Drivers/Overheating you'll need to give us more info. (Do the following then post the results back start -> run/searchbar [type]dxdiag[hit enter] post the results (pages) on here)

Card dyeing there isn't much you can do.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Most likely to be dead pixels, if your monitor is in warranty send it back and get it replaced.

Don't think its artifacting as it tends more to corrupted colours and more grouped than in a straight row.

Plug something else into your monitor such as another computer or turn it on with nothing plugged into an it will give the "no signal" box and if the problem still prevails its dead pixels.

eggzs.png

Wait wait, before you blame it on dead pixels check your cable. If it's only partly connected or bad it can do that.

Yeah I've had a bad cable do this to me on a monitor. If I wiggled it in the right spot it would stop.

It's not dead pixels, what are the chances of a whole line of pixels just die? Pixels also don't die in a color, they go completely out and don't produce any image/color. They may be stuck, use the tool Joe linked to above.

Update your drivers before thinking it any hardware problem. I really hope you have tried turning it off and on again since this incident.

goldenblade995.png

I also forgot to mention that when I play games like warcraft it keeps saying that the optimium mode is not selected, which ia 1920 X 1080 60Hz, and after a while the whole screen wil turn blank and the message appears until I auto adjust it.

I change it to the recommended setting, and the problem persists.

Oh yeah, on another note, my wireless mouse I got with the computer (brand new) isn't working, yet the keyboard which uses the same adapter is. I've changed batteries, USB ports, and unplugged and replugged it. Is there something I'm not doing?

Edit: I think it can't be dead/stuck pixels as it is still there when the screen isn't blank/black. And starting warcraft seems to remove the line...

I also forgot to mention that when I play games like warcraft it keeps saying that the optimium mode is not selected, which ia 1920 X 1080 60Hz, and after a while the whole screen wil turn blank and the message appears until I auto adjust it.

Oh yeah, on another note, my wireless mouse I got with the computer (brand new) isn't working, yet the keyboard which uses the same adapter is. I've changed batteries, USB ports, and unplugged and replugged it. Is there something I'm not doing?

Edit: I think it can't be dead/stuck pixels as it is still there when the screen isn't blank/black. And starting warcraft seems to remove the line...

This might sound stupid, but have you tried to press the connect button on the bottom of the mouse?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You are playing WC3 at 1920x1080? On my version of the game I can only get it to 1400x10xx (don't think its fully patched though) but try manually turning down the resolution until the problem goes away.

eggzs.png

I had something happen like that a while back. Nothing like JScreen fixed. What fixed it was massaging the screen. Take like a soft piece of cloth and put it over your thumb and rub over the entire screen and over the line especially.

You are playing WC3 at 1920x1080? On my version of the game I can only get it to 1400x10xx (don't think its fully patched though) but try manually turning down the resolution until the problem goes away.

Course I can't. The max is around 1280 ish. That's why i have this annoying problem. *says goodbye to 3 people on the game at a given time :(

This might sound stupid, but have you tried to press the connect button on the bottom of the mouse?

Yes.... :wall:

Restart explorer[Caution: Executable File]?

(Taskmanager -> Processes, explorer[Caution: Executable File] kill task, applications, new "explorer[Caution: Executable File]")

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

as for the pink line, i have seen such things happen when the cable connecting the computer and moniter gets pinched between 2 objects, for instance between a wall and a desk. If this is the case, try to give the cable a little more room (for instance, move the desk away from the wall) it's also possible that the cable has been pinched in the past and is still being affected.

If you keep having those other software problems you could always try reinstalling your OS. Kind of a last ditch method though...you would lose all your files(unless u back them up first)...also make sure you have or can obtain copies of all your important software and drivers, should you actually decide to do this.

if dead/dying hardware is an issue this won't help much

edit - Warcraft runs fine on my machine @ 1920 X 1080 --- full settings and all

edit#2 - sometimes the pink link is just a hardware failure, ive seen that before too... however you you said it goes away during certain applications i think...try to find out if its going away COMPLETLY, or if it just becomes less prominent and/or blends in. that info might help us.

Robin hood x1 - D left half x1 - Karils coif x1

Sara plate x1 - D legs x1 - Black mask x2

Zammy plate x1 - Torags hammers x1 - granite maul x1

Red mystic top x2 - Red mystic bottom x 6 -

P51mustang23.png

p51mustang23.png

Like...A black frame around your screen? Can you place your mouse on the second screen? Does it, or any other window look abnormal?

No, it's just a wallpaper, with my cursor.

And thanks mustand, I'll try that :)

Fixed. I just unplugged and replugged it in and... POOF.

Now, next question. When I start up internet explorer, the entire window is "outside" my screen. I have to move it back in. What's going on?

And people who visit Cyanide & happiness (the webcomic), is something wrong with the site, I can't access it for the past few days. Nothing wrong with my connection, I can play runescape, browse forums, check stuff out.

EDIT : Now what? When I mouse wheel click to open a new tab, an error message shows up, but the tab is there anyway. What's causing this? I like opening many tabs at once, so this is potenitally annoying.

EDITEDIT: Um... It fixed itself, as is the case with every other problem on my hawt new machine so far...

• 2 weeks later...

HALP, windows shell has disappeared! I was trying to run a game, then it said windows explorer stopped working, blahblahblah, then the game hanged, and i was forced to restart the computer. Then, the windows explorer somehow managed to fail to restart, so now i am restricted to using the laptop. help please?

• 2 weeks later...