Thoughts of a runescape veteran, level 136. (30% done)

ford_landau

Section I: [iNTRO][hide=]Im sitting here at work, my ninteen year old self thinking of something profound to say to my fellow runescape players. Hands on the keyboard I stare at the screen, waiting for some kind of lightning bolt to hit me...

...No lightning bolt hits me but i think of an anology that best describes my feelings towards Runescape. Now dont get angry, or well..well nothing i dont really care what your reaction to this is:

"Runescape is like a pretty girl that your taking on your first date in your mitsabishi magna and Jagex is the mean stepdad that wants to keep her little girl safe at home, you think to yourself how could some one so mean bring up something to pretty."

Did you read the title? Yeah it has the word veteran in it. Does it sound like im up myself? Yeah it does. But it also shows that i have a huge knowledge and skill in this game. Since I started in 2001 picking bannanas in Karamja for 30GPs for a steel fullhelm I have gone along way.

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" make full iron

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" slay elvarg the dragon amd wear a rune platebody

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" become level 80 and become a member and wield a whip

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" get 99 fletching

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" max out combat

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" spend 400m on skills and have another 500m in cash

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" become not so weak and little.

I have seen my weak little "king giovas" become hacked and unfaily muted forever.

In short that is pretty much my seven year Runescape career.

Yeah I did other things obivously inbetween there, but the point i am trying to say is that is just got exponentially "better". Until I got hacked on 22/9/2008. Since that date I stoped for around three months:

The absence of my items,500m pure cash to sit on and the most important thing to me: the ability to talk to my friends, lost forever.

I picked Runescape back up again in January, level 135 account. Zero items, not able to talk to friends..I ask myself if I should start over again.... on one hand I can talk again... but on the other it will take a long time to get over 200m xp..hmm.

wow the structure of my writing is terrible so ill just try and speed this up.[/hide]

Section II: [FORUMS][hide=]Jagex. You have created a great game. Really you should be proud of how far Runescape has gone since 2001. What is not great is you policy in regards to customer support, your forums and your highly flawed banning system.

Lets start with the forums:

1. The Runscape forrums have a three strike policy. Now before I was banned I had a 10k post count on the runscape forums. Most were in the runescape general forum, so dont think the post count was due to mindless "bump" in "discounitued items forum etc.

Now in 10k posts, making three mistakes is not enough chances at all really. In one general thread the thread was titled "What is your chars background" I answered with... "My charactar is greek... woowoo greek pride", 5minutes later I was given my final black mark....the reason was that a forum mod claimed i was being rascist. -1

2. Yes this is laughable. I think the other two black marks were given for pretty much no reason at all. The only thing i was upset with was that i could not monitor how one of my threads in the runescape classic general forum was going. When your banned you cant view forums, so you need to log out... When you are not logged in,, you cannot view classic forums... JAGEX WHATS THE HARM OF MAKING CLASSIC FORUM VIEWABLE BY EVERYONE!

*Note: The thread is called "I think we should have a blue crown".. if anyone has acces to the Runescape classic forums it would be awsome if you could hunt it down.. it is actually quite a popular thread. Please tell me how it is going,,, maybe even a screenshot? :) -1

3. The runescape forums only show one space. Do this. Look up king giovas.... now look him up again with two spaces... very diferent stats yes? This is because my king giovas (with 1 space) got hacked the day RS2 cameout. Jagex lets stop working on putting penguins in runescape and maybe fix up problems with usernames. -1

4. This is not all doom and gloom. Even though i am muted i still have a voice... YES! i can still vote in official poles :)

The latest pole was about the runescape forums. This pole actually got me pretty excited, and if Jagex employ things such as signatures, image of their avatar and other goodies they are really going to improve their forums. +1

5. I think that it is great that jagex created forum mods, they do work wonders at cleaning up the runescape forums. However they too are human, and sometimes it is common to experience a kind of "mod fever" where forum mods get really touchy especially at night i find. Also most players treat forum mods better, this i do not like. A green background generates the same respect on the forums to maybe a level 138 in game...."all hail the mighty 138 he is god" -1

6. Jagex staff are not all on the same code of conduct. eg. I have noticed players getting there posts hidden for talking about topics such as the jagex youtube channel. How can a police man police without a knowledge of the law -1

7. If your forum mark system is not perfect why sohuld 3 black marks be perm?[/hide]

Section III: [banning System]

[hide=]For most companies, it is widely accepted to go by the motto "customer is king" However the omnipotent Jagex staff have succesfully killed a viable customer suuport system. These are the current options for customer support:

1. The Runescape forums - This has actually improved lately I have noticed more Jagex staff members on the forums, however it is still NO replacement for the old customer support system where you could write into Jagex. I remember one Jagex staff member that really did help around the RS classic forums. I am not sure if i can say his name, so i wont... but all you RSC forum users know which mod im talking about +1

2. Attitudes of Jagex staff- Jagex staff give anwers that usually sound as though they have been pre-wrriten, eg. player "x" writes complaint, J-Mod "y" clicks cntrl:v to answer his complaint from a database of pre-prepaired answers written by the KBD. There is nothing they are going to do about this, they would much rather spend their work hours on the funorb forums talking about their favourite lollies and pizza. that is not a joke. -1

3. Other forms of contact: Yes due to my perm mute I found other ways to contact Jagex, eg by mailing them. This is direct to Jagex and it only costs me $7.00 to mail something from Australia to Jagex Towers in Cambridge. Not only does it cost me $7.00 to send something that probably wont be replied to, but it also takes from 14-19 days. (dances)-1

4. Jagex, im just going to put it very simple. Bring back customer support, not so we can ask you what your favourite pizza is, but so people that have given your company hundreds of dollars in membereships can play "knight and adventurer" without fear of being banned for saying "greek pride"[/hide]

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Josh, I never said it was my fault at all for getting hacked. IN seven years getting hacked one time, is terrible... but hey... for seven years I had a pretty good run eh?

And no this is not under rants, its not me having a little cry, i actually have alot of good things that i am planning on saying too jagex too.

Im going to finish writing up my "thoughts" when it is at 100% tell me what you think Josh. Cause really, I am not having a little whinge about beeing muted there are more important things I shall be addressing.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Josh, I never said it was my fault at all for getting hacked. IN seven years getting hacked one time, is terrible... but hey... for seven years I had a pretty good run eh?

And no this is not under rants, its not me having a little cry, i actually have alot of good things that i am planning on saying too jagex too.

Im going to finish writing up my "thoughts" when it is at 100% tell me what you think Josh. Cause really, I am not having a little whinge about beeing muted there are more important things I shall be addressing.

Is it 100% now? I guess you're right.. but hey, can't you talk to your friends via instant messaging using some other sorts of programs?

If I were you, I'd just start over on a skiller... or a pker, since maxing out everything would take FORever...

josh181830.png

This is in the wrong place. No one cares about your experiences, and if they do, they can look on the proper board to find it.

This does not belong in General Discussion, as it holds no discussion value. Please do not recreate this thread again. I'm sure it will be locked soon.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Runescape Veterans: Proving that how long you play and having the common sense not to repost a locked thread are not mutually exclusive, since 2001.

Also: Your thread is doing fine, still on the front page. The idea's changed to a cape, and Mod Emilee went on the thread saying she forwarded the idea to the Content Team.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

first off this belongs in the rants section...

second, what is the point of the topic i still dont understand?

yes u got great levels for 7 years running. u want a cookie? at least u got the account back unfortunately it is with no cash but u have the stats still. Keep a better password or dont fall for any scams. Another thing... dont post in the RSOF...

seriously though i can feel your pain even though this hasnt happened to me, but i just fail to find a point of this topic. its just runescape and is a game. u are acting as if it is ur life and that it is over. ok u got banned. make up ur mind whether u r quitting, keep playing with mute, or starting over. This might sound mean, but we dont really care wat u do in runescape. real life > runescape.

just the way it is.

ps: quick chat aint bad :thumbsup:

pss: dont blame anyone for ur own mistakes... :roll:

Well before this gets locked, moved, flamed or whatever; I'll make you feel better by agreeing

Saying: ya, runescape and it's officials have a lot of flaws; a lot. That's why I'm here, at tip.it, and I play my favorite game in silence. ::'

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

This is in the wrong place. No one cares about your experiences, and if they do, they can look on the proper board to find it.

This does not belong in General Discussion, as it holds no discussion value. Please do not recreate this thread again. I'm sure it will be locked soon.

I care, actually, there's some pretty legit points in there.

Zerker_jane.png

I care, actually, there's some pretty legit points in there.

which is why i said if someone does they can look for it in blogscape

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

BlogScape (Ongoing Progress Reports and Goals Too!)

Your journal for posting commentaries and stories about your day-to-day RuneScape adventures.

this is not a blog or not just a rant. so just keave it in general.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

BlogScape (Ongoing Progress Reports and Goals Too!)

Your journal for posting commentaries and stories about your day-to-day RuneScape adventures.

this is not a blog or not just a rant. so just keave it in general.

Then what is it? A meaningless, pointless waste of forum space?

Why do you want it to be left in General Discussion, as this thread hold no discussion value whatsoever.

Do you think that we will give you respect or sympathy, and that you all-mighty one out of 10 million RuneScape players deserve your own thread in General Discussion (we have blogs here, you know).

Seems like you just want some attention btw.

The majority of your complaints seem to be directed to Jagex not personally communicating with their customers. News flash: Jagex is 130something people. There are 120,000,000 accounts. That's 923,076 accounts per person. Nine hundred twenty three thousand accounts per employee. If each account sent in 1 question a year, every employee would be getting 7.7 messages per second every second of his working day every day of the year.

In the words of a Runescape player:

Lol?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Now assuming 10% (we all know more than 10% of players are members) of the people are members, they are getting about half a million a month per person, + the revenue from f2p ad's and you get around half a million per person (not including server costs).

I'm sure people at jagex don't get paid half a million a month, jagex can DEFINATELY hire more people.

Lol?

O.O

Now assuming 10% (we all know more than 10% of players are members) of the people are members, they are getting about half a million a month per person, + the revenue from f2p ad's and you get around half a million per person (not including server costs).

I'm sure people at jagex don't get paid half a million a month, jagex can DEFINATELY hire more people.

Lol?

Actually, there's just over a million members, about .9%. FTP ads don't even cover server costs. That's 5 million USD per year, minus credit card fees, so significantly less.

Here's a few interesting charts and graphs to further prove you wrong:

JagexFinancialOverview.gif

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

JagexStaff.jpg

Interesting, 140 CR people. My 130 was off, but only slightly.

Don't make stupid statements without the facts to back them up. These graphs\charts are from Jagex financial statements, your information comes from "wellk 10% of jegx incomes are from members plus teh ftp adz!"

Anything else you'd like to add?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I love the amount of work you do for us, compfreak, I'd never be able to find those numbers on my own.

Yeah, I suppose there are some legitimate points in the original post. However, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of it. I can't tell if you want praise, pity, or something else altogether. Nonetheless, more customer support would be nice.

Finally, why on earth do you people have to say stupid stuff like "In B4 teh lockz0rs"? It's ridiculous that anyone cares to boost their post count, let alone through such drivel.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I love the amount of work you do for us, compfreak, I'd never be able to find those numbers on my own.

Yeah, I suppose there are some legitimate points in the original post. However, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of it. I can't tell if you want praise, pity, or something else altogether. Nonetheless, more customer support would be nice.

Finally, why on earth do you people have to say stupid stuff like "In B4 teh lockz0rs"? It's ridiculous that anyone cares to boost their post count, let alone through such drivel.

*sigh*. I cannot tell a lie, it was "me" who did all the research.

DeviledEgg24.png