Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

The Anchor is a great crush weapon.

I think we need a better Rapier/Foil, one that's between the D scimitar, and Abby whip. Fencing was designed to defeat heavily armored foes so the weapon would have a spec that negates defense. :pray:

And then I can go around Raphael'ing people.

Prism_Swords.png

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need a better Rapier/Foil, one that's between the D scimitar, and Abby whip. Fencing was designed to defeat heavily armored foes so the weapon would have a spec that negates defense. :pray:

Warhammers/maces were designed to defeat heavily armored opponents for god's sake. A thin sharp blade wouldn't make a scratch in good plate armor. Seriously... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty much balanced in f2p-in your dreams.

All I see in f2p is Scimitars, scimitars and more scimitars, and the occasional battleaxe or 2h sword. I don't even see much rune longs.

Rune scimitars, longswords, battleaxes, and two-handers are pretty much the only used melee weapons. I see people use those types all the time.

Players in F2P use half the weapon selection - at least it is pretty much evened out then.

Although other weapons (shortsword, mace, and warhammer most notably) MUST have a tweak. Otherwise they are downright not used.

And I use a rune longsword.

Agreed.

Its basically scimitars for damage and r2h for ko.

Scimitar is best damage dealer. Not in every case.

Longswords do less dps than scimitar. They however are the best dps in controlled training.

Daggers completely useless due to no poison. I have to agree on this. Even the +1 Magic is not that significant. Or maybe give F2Pers poison so revenants can be more challenging.

Shortswords completely useless, period. Yeah, currently it's stab is equal to a longsword.

Maces basically completely useless. Not completely, if you have 43 pray and above and low on HP, you can equip that and pray Protect from Melee and rapid heal to leave a training area. Best used with holy amulet.

Battleaxe CAN be used for ko. Yeah, sort of.

Warhammer, useless. It does have the highest crush accuracy though. Its strength should be tweaked, right now it is even lower than a longsword by 1.

R2h for kos. Pretty much the only use for it.

Longswords COMMONLY used? I must be blind or you are just "lucky". Battleaxes are rare and 2hs are even rarer. Really, only noobs use longswords (no offense), unless they're just showing off (though I don't understand what is so nice looking about a longsword anyway). And controlled training isn't effective. Its better to just get tons of xp in str, then switch to atk and change to def.

Scimitars pwn in damage in ALL aspects in f2p, unless you're trying to stab/crush with it... :roll:

As I mentioned earlier, almost no one uses controlled training. Daggers are totally, utterly useless in f2p. At least give them a speed of 8 or so if scimitar was to remain at 6, or change to 7 and scimitar at 5.

Maces are crap. Period. Don't try to argue about prayer and healing and all that, you can just get a freaking swordfish with the space you waste with the stupid mace.

Crush Accuracy? Who cares? Warhammers a brutal weapons used for mauling opponents, not for target practice.

Rune 2hs just suck except for kos and showing off of max damage.

[hide=Long Quote]

All I see in f2p is Scimitars, scimitars and more scimitars, and the occasional battleaxe or 2h sword. I don't even see much rune longs.

Rune scimitars, longswords, battleaxes, and two-handers are pretty much the only used melee weapons. I see people use those types all the time.

Players in F2P use half the weapon selection - at least it is pretty much evened out then.

Although other weapons (shortsword, mace, and warhammer most notably) MUST have a tweak. Otherwise they are downright not used.

Agreed.

Longswords do less dps than scimitar. They however are the best dps in controlled training.

Daggers completely useless due to no poison. I have to agree on this. Even the +1 Magic is not that significant. Or maybe give F2Pers poison so revenants can be more challenging.

Shortswords completely useless, period. Yeah, currently it's stab is equal to a longsword.

Maces basically completely useless. Not completely, if you have 43 pray and above and low on HP, you can equip that and pray Protect from Melee and rapid heal to leave a training area. Best used with holy amulet.

Warhammer, useless. It does have the highest crush accuracy though. Its strength should be tweaked, right now it is even lower than a longsword by 1.

Longswords COMMONLY used? I must be blind or you are just "lucky". Battleaxes are rare and 2hs are even rarer. Really, only noobs use longswords (no offense), unless they're just showing off (though I don't understand what is so nice looking about a longsword anyway). And controlled training isn't effective. Its better to just get tons of xp in str, then switch to atk and change to def.

Scimitars pwn in damage in ALL aspects in f2p, unless you're trying to stab/crush with it... :roll:

As I mentioned earlier, almost no one uses controlled training. Daggers are totally, utterly useless in f2p. At least give them a speed of 8 or so if scimitar was to remain at 6, or change to 7 and scimitar at 5.

Maces are crap. Period. Don't try to argue about prayer and healing and all that, you can just get a freaking swordfish with the space you waste with the stupid mace.

Crush Accuracy? Who cares? Warhammers a brutal weapons used for mauling opponents, not for target practice.

[/hide]

Controlled training is actually equal to individual training if you do it right. Which is why longsword's controlled specializes.

This makes shortsword's stab useless.

And I already said daggers were useless in F2P.

What if you have no food and low on health, and have to leave? Of course you need the extra prayer bonus from the mace (healing and protecting).

As I said, they ought to increase the warhammer's strength if they were to make warhammers effective.

Again, I already mentioned that KO is the only effective use for the 2H.

And stab is useless with scimitars. Worst accuracy ever.

Battleaxes aren't good for normal training, which is why they aren't as common as scimitars/longswords.

If you want my results when training on flesh crawlers with a rune longsword (aggressive style), you'll be surprised.

And how dare you call me a longsword noob. :evil:

I plan to get all 3 melee 99's with it (if I have time). I probably would be the first to get them with rune longswords or there might be someone who's done it before me.

Honestly, if they really were to tweak the weapons, it might not be fair for all the rune scimitar users right now. In the end, rune longsword will be the winner and rune scimitars will crash. :roll:

And sorry if I'm flaming you again. I did not intend this to be a flame war. I'm not like Compfreak, you know.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

[hide=Long Quote]

Agreed.

[/hide]

Controlled training is actually equal to individual training if you do it right. Which is why longsword's controlled specializes. But the point is scimitars do more damage during normal training, which results in faster training than longswords controlled training. If you don't understand, let me cite an example. Lets say scimitar training on some monster gives you 10k xp per hour. Therefore it will take 3 hours to get 10k xp in attack, defence and strength. (assuming all of these train at the same rate) A longsword gives you 9k xp per hour. Therefore, using controlled training for an hour will give you 3k xp in attack defence and strength, and training for 3 hours with controlled will give you a total of 27k xp, 9k in each skill.

This makes shortsword's stab useless. Make it significantly faster than long and maybe more accurate.

And I already said daggers were useless in F2P.

What if you have no food and low on health, and have to leave? Of course you need the extra prayer bonus from the mace (healing and protecting). But a healing of 14hp from swordfish will be more useful than a long wait rapid healing with prayer. Still, maces are useless except in this extremely rare and rather pointless circumstance.

As I said, they ought to increase the warhammer's strength if they were to make warhammers effective. Yeah. A huge hammer doing lower damage than a medium sized battleaxe?

Again, I already mentioned that KO is the only effective use for the 2H.

And stab is useless with scimitars. Worst accuracy ever. what? I don't get your point. Training attack, strength and defense can all be done without stabbing with a scimitar.

Battleaxes aren't good for normal training, which is why they aren't as common as scimitars/longswords.

If you want my results when training on flesh crawlers with a rune longsword (aggressive style), you'll be surprised.

And how dare you call me a longsword noob. :evil:

I plan to get all 3 melee 99's with it (if I have time). I probably would be the first to get them with rune longswords or there might be someone who's done it before me.

Honestly, if they really were to tweak the weapons, it might not be fair for all the rune scimitar users right now. In the end, rune longsword will be the winner and rune scimitars will crash. :roll:

As I said, I have nothing against longswords. In fact, I hate the scimitar for being so overpowered. If you ask for my favourite weapon, its probably a maul or mace.

Jagex has TRAINED experts in balancing out stuff, so they're not going to mess up and make Scimitars severely underpowered. As I said tons of times, I am not trying to get Jagex to nerf the scimitar so badly it can never be used effeciently, but to balance out all weapons.

And sorry if I'm flaming you again. I did not intend this to be a flame war. I'm not like Compfreak, you know.

They however are the best dps in controlled training.

There is no point training controlled. You can get the same xp by training str, then attack, then def.

On the other hand, there are disadvantages to training controlled.

Not completely, if you have 43 pray and above and low on HP, you can equip that and pray Protect from Melee and rapid heal to leave a training area. Best used with holy amulet.

Combat wise, not very useful.

It does have the highest crush accuracy though. Its strength should be tweaked, right now it is even lower than a longsword by 1.

Crush bonus, completely useless, its still horrid damage per second and can't even be used for a ko.

Controlled training is actually equal to individual training if you do it right. Which is why longsword's controlled specializes.

THERE IS NO POINT TRAINING CONTROLLED.

O.O

They however are the best dps in controlled training.

There is no point training controlled. You can get the same xp by training str, then attack, then def.

On the other hand, there are disadvantages to training controlled.

Not completely, if you have 43 pray and above and low on HP, you can equip that and pray Protect from Melee and rapid heal to leave a training area. Best used with holy amulet.

Combat wise, not very useful.

It does have the highest crush accuracy though. Its strength should be tweaked, right now it is even lower than a longsword by 1.

Crush bonus, completely useless, its still horrid damage per second and can't even be used for a ko.

THERE IS NO POINT TRAINING CONTROLLED.

There is a point in controlled actually, if you level up too much, it affects your combat level. Combat level is an important factor in PVP, after all.

You want to keep your combat level as low as possible so you won't interfere with the more high-level players.

This is essential if you're skilling on PVP worlds.

And I know the disadvantage, although it's the same xp, you level up at a slower rate.

About the mace, I know it's horrid damage per second, I just put the prayer advantage up there because Quelmotz said he can't think of a situation where the mace is useful.

And I ALREADY mentioned the horrid strength bonus for the warhammer. Twice.

By the way, Est0rrath, if you were wondering, I don't train controlled. Because I never go to PVP worlds.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

There is a point in controlled actually, if you level up too much, it affects your combat level. Combat level is an important factor in PVP, after all.

You want to keep your combat level as low as possible so you won't interfere with the more high-level players.

But the point is scimitars do more damage during normal training, which results in faster training than longswords controlled training. If you don't understand, let me cite an example. Lets say scimitar training on some monster gives you 10k xp per hour. Therefore it will take 3 hours to get 10k xp in attack, defence and strength. (assuming all of these train at the same rate) A longsword gives you 9k xp per hour. Therefore, using controlled training for an hour will give you 3k xp in attack defence and strength, and training for 3 hours with controlled will give you a total of 27k xp, 9k in each skill.

But the point is scimitars do more damage during normal training, which results in faster training than longswords controlled training. If you don't understand, let me cite an example. Lets say scimitar training on some monster gives you 10k xp per hour. Therefore it will take 3 hours to get 10k xp in attack, defence and strength. (assuming all of these train at the same rate) A longsword gives you 9k xp per hour. Therefore, using controlled training for an hour will give you 3k xp in attack defence and strength, and training for 3 hours with controlled will give you a total of 27k xp, 9k in each skill.

THAT IS MY POINT.

You're supposed to get less xp so you don't level up too much, hence getting combat levels and hindering the convenience of PVP skilling.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

THAT IS MY POINT.

You're supposed to get less xp so you don't level up too much, hence getting combat levels and hindering the convenience of PVP skilling.

However, you want the MAX amount of xp WITHOUT leveling up, which is not what I want, as in controlled, you tend to level up 4 skills at a time. However, if you want to skill in pvp worlds, you want high defense and hp, so controlled isn't the way to go.

So, what you saying is, we should train controlled because it gives us LOWER xp?

It dosent, it gives the same xp, only in different areas.

If anything, you shouldn't train controlled if you want low combat, because it may give undesirable levels such as defence and attack.

O.O

Warhammers/maces were designed to defeat heavily armored opponents for god's sake. A thin sharp blade wouldn't make a scratch in good plate armor. Seriously... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Um, then you have no clue how to fence. You don't aim for the armor, you aim at weak points. Fencing is all about precision, and speed.

Prism_Swords.png

Anyway, controlled is still useless, if you don't want "combat levels" (and it still gives you combat levels) you could simply not train at all.

Longsword, useless. Period.

Gonna have to bring up one of my older tests with rune scimitar and longsword at flesh crawlers.

Rune Scimitar: 34k xp/hour

Rune Longsword: 40k xp/hour

This was done in the "Aggressive" style.

Please explain why.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Anyway, controlled is still useless, if you don't want "combat levels" (and it still gives you combat levels) you could simply not train at all.

Gonna have to bring up one of my older tests with rune scimitar and longsword at flesh crawlers.

Please explain why.

longswords hit higher but are less accurate and when using aggresive, longswords hit even higher and flesh crawlers don't have much defence so it'll hit much more often than on people/other monsters with higher defence.

Please explain why.

Do multiple tests and come back to me, and whats to say your tests were accurate.

Also, now your contradicting yourself.

longswords hit higher but are less accurate and when using aggresive, longswords hit even higher and flesh crawlers don't have much defence so it'll hit much more often than on people/other monsters with higher defence.

Actually longswords hit slightly higher AND are slightly more accurate when using aggressive, but, they hit slower, so end up having less dps.

Rune longswords never really hit any more than 1 above scimitar.

O.O

Here is my second test, but this time it's 10 minutes for each weapon.

Rune Longsword: 4.5k xp per 10 min

Rune Scimitar: 4.0k xp per 10 min

This is done with the "Aggressive" style, yet again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

And this is why i think your lieing.

4k xp x 6 = 24k xp per hour, why are you getting 34k xp/hour in your other test with rune scimmy.

4.5k xp x 6 = 27.5k xp. Why are you getting 40k an hour in your other test with rune long.

I think your making it up, assuming you should get MORE xp this time around because you would be a higher level, but instead you are getting less.

good day.

O.O

4k xp x 6 = 24k xp per hour, why are you getting 34k xp/hour in your other test with rune scimmy.

4.5k xp x 6 = 27.5k xp. Why are you getting 40k an hour in your other test with rune long.

I think your making it up, assuming you should get MORE xp this time around because you would be a higher level, but instead you are getting less.

good day.

The point is I get more XP with a rune longsword.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

good day.

The point is I get more XP with a rune longsword.

Yeah, but I get more XP with a scimitar.

You probably just made up your xp/hr rates on the spot.

No, I did not. I actually recorded my XP rates on a notebook.

If you want, I can do 3 more tests for you.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ok ok, I give up. You win. Longswords are better than scimitars in select situations, but that is like the extremely rare circumstance involving the mace and rapid heal prayer or saradomin swords at waterfiends.

I'll be adding a supporter's list. I assume you support?

Ok ok, I give up. You win. Longswords are better than scimitars in select situations, but that is like the extremely rare circumstance involving the mace and rapid heal prayer or saradomin swords at waterfiends.

I'll be adding a supporter's list. I assume you support?

Yes. I support. I want FULLY balanced weapons, not the absurdly overpowered scimitars or the absurdly underpowered warhammers and shortswords.

I can also add armor suggestions if you want. Changing the defence bonus so chainmail is EXACTLY the same as platemail except the stab and crush defences are inverted?

I'll make a post on this in "Suggestions" later.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog