Battlefield 1942 | Battlefield 1943

stevepole

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

From Your Best Game to Play on Xbox Live/PSN/Online? topic I could tell that there is a lot of battlefield 1942 fans here. Well yesterday EA Announced that they will be rereleasing the game as Battlefield 1943 on PCs, Live, and PSN as a downloadable title. The game will come with three classic maps Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. The title is also multiplayer only for up to 24 players.

http://www.battlefield1943.com/

Joystiq article

[yt]BsGrGZkVYNg[/yt]

tFtfA.jpg

24 players, 3 maps, regening health, unlimited ammo, every class having anti-tank weaponry...would be neat on a console, but who cares about a small graphics ungrade if you're regressing in every other way? Answer, probably a few hundred thousand people, unfortunately.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I dunno I think that its still pretty cool that one of the first multiplayer game I ever really got into is getting ported to console like this. I'll probably just buy it just to bring back child hood memories.

Just reinstall BF1942. There are still tons of players on that game. I plan on reinstalling it once school is over, so I have plenty of time to play it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Thanks for advertising my thread. ::'

On topic, BF1943 doesn't sound like much of an improvement. Yadda yadda, better graphics, but meh. It actually cuts the game down.

No BF game will live up to 1942. *hugs game case of BF1942* <3:

I think BF1942 was a blast and the most playable. BF2 was also amazing because it added all those sweet extras (medals, leaderboards etc.). Both of them had OK shooter mechanics, sorta broken at times though. Plus, the vehicles in BF2 were much too overpowered, I felt.

I actually thought BFV should have been the best in the series. It had the best vehicles and maps, but it suffered from being poorly optimized and the teams were completely unbalanced. Now that I have a better computer, I would really love to go back and play BFV though (and the other two as well :)).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I dunno I think that its still pretty cool that one of the first multiplayer game I ever really got into is getting ported to console like this. I'll probably just buy it just to bring back child hood memories.

Just reinstall BF1942. There are still tons of players on that game. I plan on reinstalling it once school is over, so I have plenty of time to play it.

I don't have the discs with me, there back home at my parents in WA and I'm in AZ for school.

tFtfA.jpg

I played BF1942 for a bit, but I got tired of it. This was mostly because...well... I couldn't figure out how to use sights on any guns (if you could use them in the first place...).

bf1942 didn't have iron sights iirc, BF2 was the first in the series I think.

eggzs.png

I played BF1942 for a bit, but I got tired of it. This was mostly because...well... I couldn't figure out how to use sights on any guns (if you could use them in the first place...).

bf1942 didn't have iron sights iirc, BF2 was the first in the series I think.

Phew, thought I was a little stupid for a second there XD

jjroxlu7.jpg

Battlefield 1942 is the only game that I have that works on my PC (I have no idea why), but I love it. Never played 1943, though I did try Battlefield 2 and all the expansions. Found them to be pretty good. I tried that console one, but thought it was crap compared to the PC.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well, they have had many technical difficulties today. Apparently they didn't anticipate the number of people who were going to buy the game and their servers were maxed out. They've spent all day adding new servers, but it is still hard to get in the game. I have gotten in once and I played for about an hour. It is pretty cool, the air raids are really fun to use. Flying planes takes some getting used to, but once you've used it for a while it come naturally and you can dogfight. The spawn interface is frustrating at first, but I got used to it, so now it isn't as bad.

As long as more servers are added I can see this being one of my favorite games. But if it continues to have issues with then number of people playing, I may have to just not play.

Oh and you shouldn't worry about the PS3 servers being too full. They spent the day adding more servers for your console as well, so you shouldn't have a problem like we did.

Bought it yesterday. Awesome game. At first I was terrible at flying, but now I've got the knack of bailing when I'm about to crash so it's all good.

Anyone else think that 30 points for a cap is a bit much?

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

It is good because it encourages people to capture bases, not kill the other team. If the points were lowered, less people would want to capture bases because they know that they could get the same points from just killing the enemy soldiers.

I played 1943 a bit at a friend's house (PS3). It's good, even though I suck at console shooters.

Does the PC version require a good PC, 'cause I don't have a PS3 or 360.