Battlefield 1942 | Battlefield 1943

stevepole

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

totally getting this when i get xbox, love games with tons of people and tons of stuff to do :D is it balanced? so you dont get killed by planes or tanks like every time or is it somewhat easy to take down tanks and planes?

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

totally getting this when i get xbox, love games with tons of people and tons of stuff to do :D is it balanced? so you dont get killed by planes or tanks like every time or is it somewhat easy to take down tanks and planes?

My friend uses tanks and planes alot, and doesnt complain about being killed all the time, and he's kinda complainy - So either he's good with tanks and planes or they are hard to take down.

I do remember a picture he gave me though, The whole team was at their base looking forward and he was behind them witha tank they didnt see :twss:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

It's pretty balanced. The planes are difficult to control at first, but good pilots can use them to effectivly attack land targets, as well as engage in dogfights. Tanks are pretty strong, but the main shell has low splash damage so it is pretty weak if you don't hit the target. Every class has an anti-tank weapon, so you do have a chance against one if you happen to find one.

I love the game. It is the first game that I actually got 200/200 on, and my first 100% completed game. :thumbsup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty fun. I got bad lag when I'd played for a couple of hours, and it kicked me out of the game.

Not a very good team experience, but fun for the ten bucks it cost me (I had a few extra MS points leftover). Made me miss the good ol' days back around '04 and '05 with Battlefield 2. That was a good time.

I like the rifleman the most. I generally dislike sniping, and it's so easy to die unless you shoot them before they shoot you, so machine guns are usually out of the question. I also like the boat thing on Iwo Jima if you're a marine - that's a blast.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Is this worth it for Xbox? I think Cod WaW SUCKS if that means anything.

It's only 15 bucks, so it's worth a try. If you don't get into it, it's not a huge loss.

Be warned that voice chat doesn't work well though, so teamplay is not as good as the PC ones.

It's only 15 bucks, so it's worth a try. If you don't get into it, it's not a huge loss.

Be warned that voice chat doesn't work well though, so teamplay is not as good as the PC ones.

Only $15 dollars? Might as well try out the demo out first before you spend the money.

tFtfA.jpg

Only $15 dollars? Might as well try out the demo out first before you spend the money.

I believe this game is worth a purchase. Though, you should get Battlefield Bad Company instead. You get a bunch more content for around the same price. Both games are excellent though. :thumbup:

I hopped into a half-way done game on Iwo Jima last night (last game of the night, it was 2 in the morning), and I've found that the more dazed and sleepy I am, the better I am with a rifleman. I went 20-5, with over 600 points due to captures and the like. It was awesome. I once got cornered by no less than three guys, took two down with a grenade, and the last with a barrage'o'bullets. Pretty cool.

Oh, and I got like twenty squad awards because I saved my two teammates from a tank. I was lucky it was already damaged - it only took one rifle grenade, haha.

Played the 1943 demo on my PS3 today, it was fun... but I have bad company and don't really see why I should purchase it...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

AUGH SO MUCH FUN.

Me and a friend have found the most fun on every map. Hokay.

Wake Island - The base close to the airfield on the side with the Allied carrier, right? There are islands right there that can be walked to (also an easter egg on one) through the water, with tons of bushes, rocks and a few trees. Me and my friends would hide there, and then sneak up and capture the base whenever it got taken. Our team did nothing, so we pretty much got a bloodless best squad :lol: Although you can just as easily take gun and snipe people or something.

Guadalcanal - The giant rock-mountains that are pretty much the only islands must be swimmed to. There are easter eggs on them, and they're very fun to run around on - and if you're a good (or patient) sniper, you can snipe people that run around the fuel depot and ridge bases. Great fun.

Iwo Jima - THE MOUNTAINS NEXT TO THE AIRFIELD OH GOD. Funny story - me and my pal were going around in boats looking for a good island like Wake Island's. We saw some guys on those mountains, shot at them, and it turned out they were enemy snipers! We were surprised, because it looks like a horrible spot. So began a massive battle that pretty much became the whole game. We'd rush the mountains (very hard), and those snipers (there were two different squads, it was so hard) would try to keep us back, it was GREAT. The first time we rushed out of curiosity, and there were so many snipers and even a few riflemen it was ridiculous. I got nine kills, my friend got six (he fell off the mountain twice). Eventually we got brought down because one of them had snuck to the other side of the mountain ridgey area. So began the next battle. Me and my friend both got into airplanes and flew straight into the snipers, who were now in two clusters on the mountains. I killed one or two with machine guns and bombs, but my friend crashed his plane perfectly and killed the rest of the far group. Then we had to counter-snipe the ones on the far side - very, very hard because we had rifles! Man, that was so much fun. Two of the guys sent me friend requests after the game. I should accept them...

Anyways, since it's not likely that that will happen in other games, you can climb it (as a sniper) either straight from the airfield or along the beach of the Allied side. It's a really hard climb (except for one trail from the airfield, you'll probably find it), but that sniping is so much fun. You can kill people anywhere on the map, really, but the airfield, bunkers and lighthouse are easy shots. You'll want to clear the forest next to the airfield with C4, though, because it gets in the way. Otherwise, this is a great spot - nobody will see you (unless they're [bleep]ing around in a boat :lol:) and you can get plenty of kills.

If anyone wants to play, my gamertag is Jett Airliner. I play pretty much every day, but I'll be gone after Thursday this week - my Mamaw passed away and we have to stay after her funeral.

Those games sounded awesome! I have explored most of the points you mentioned, but I have not had the epic encounters you did. I'll add you since no one else I know plays this game.

Lately I've had fun messing around on Guadalcanal, just sitting at the Village on the tank pad and racking up kills. The only thing that can kill you is the air raid, and it doesn't come that often. If you let a sniper get close enough to C4 you, then you probably deserved to die that way anyways. You can get tons of points from that strategy, because you're in the base so you get defend point bonuses. Oh, and it's in the flag radius so you never have to move should the base get greyed.

I love the Easter Egg's in this game.

[hide=Easter Egg Spoilers]1 Sandcastle on each flag, each one with a Swedish flag on top.

Haggard Was Here written in the sand on Iwo Jima. It's a reference to Battlefield Bad Company. Though, you have to wonder how he got a time machine. :lol:[/hide]

We certainly had fun. That game at the end was a blast :lol:

We must do it again. Reverse jeep races are awesome. :thumbup:

WAIT. REVERSE AIRPLANE RACES.

We can do it. We have the technology.

EDIT: OH CRAP I WANNA BUMP THIS SO GOOD BUT I CANNOT

WHATEVER. I invented awesome. Go up in an airplane, just mother [bleep]ing straight up, until it says you're leaving the battlefield. You can safely wait until you have :06 before you jump out. Open your parachute as soon as you're out of the battlefield-leaving zone. This works great with any class, but I enjoy being a rifleman because I'm good with them. However, pros of each:

Rifleman: Kicks [wagon]. Eventually you will be able to rain grenades and rifle grenades, but until then you're blocked.

Infantry: I don't think the recoiless rifle explodes before it hits the ground, so that's a plus.

Scout: C4 doesn't blow up unless you tell it to, which rocks. Sniping is fun, but hard.

Now, my story: I was on Guadalcanal, and going skydiving onto bases, then a couple friends would pick me up in a jeep and take me to the closest base with an airplane. Rinse and repeat. We all had massive scores. Now, I was doing that and I'd reached the out of bounds place getting chased by another plane. So, I jumped out and, just messing around, shot a rifle grenade at the plane which passed me once I'd opened my parachute. BOOM HEADSHOT! I took that mother down! I was screaming and freaking out into my mic, it was so [bleep]ing awesome.

Anyways, I hit the ground pretty soon. I got all my grenades off at a tank that was just chilling at the fuel depot, and the guy jumped out. I proceeded to get 8 bayonet kills. Yes, eight. They didn't even notice I was stabbing them! I landed on the AA gun and stabbed him, jumped down and got two guys hanging behind the bunker, and then just stabbed all the guys running around trying to guard the fuel depot from the mysterious invisible bayonet. My friends showed up, and I got a couple more rifle kills, and we took the base. So much fun.

When you get best squad, and you are your friends are just skydiving and capturing places, you deserve a high-five.

My next goals are: Bayonet fights IN MID-AIR (almost accomplished this one, but I opened my parachute too soon. I got killed trying to skydive twice by the same guy, so I decided to kill him. I blew up his plane, but he jumped out. We were pretty high, so I jumped after him. I almost opened my parachute on top of him, but not quite. So, I shot him (harder than you'd think)). And, bayonetting someone from a moving jeep. How cool would that be?