Completed Spelling Corrections

Cowman_133

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Achievement Cape guide: "The only skills that really needs 99 to do everything in it is smithing and construction, and combat skills will affect your combat level so other people can see it."

The needs should be need and the is should be are.

crew edit: cowman has this guide in draft with your change in it - may be a while before it's released but we do appreciate the heads up.

Achievement Cape guide: "The only skills that really needs 99 to do everything in it is smithing and construction, and combat skills will affect your combat level so other people can see it."

The needs should be need and the is should be are.

Thanks I'll look into this.

1.png
generic_signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fist of Guthix mini-game guide:

Under Hunter

If you find yourself running around the edges and can't seem to find them, try running to the centre every now and then to make sure their not right in the middle

"their" should be "they're"

:shame: ;)

EDIT: Thank you! :) ~Cowman

lisabc

• 3 weeks later...

Under 'Assignments', in the Slayer guide.

Scabarites
Scabarite minions

That should be 'Scarabites'.

Also, this topic doesn't have a 'post reply' button, just 'quote' buttons. Is it meant to be like that?

Fixed. Thanks :) ~Cowman

Ouch. I just found something out. Despite there being a Giant Scarab, the quest is actually called 'Dealing with Scabaras' and the creatures are called 'Scabarites'. Turns out I've always read this the wrong way :?

I hope I didn't cause too muich trouble :oops:

crew edit: "unfixed" lol

2dvjurb.png

sort of a spelling mistake, except the whole word was wrong

in the smithing guide>smelting>furnace locations>Neitiznot

"Fremennik Trials quest" should be "Fremennik Isles Quest"

[pokemama edit: question here would be do you need to finish the start/finish the isles quest to use it, or just finish trials to use the boat to get there?]

Jsen.png

In the quest swept away, in the first paragraph it reads: "She is attempting make an amazing 'brew', but can not while her skeletal oxen Babe is feeling ill."

Between attempting and make there should be a "to."

Corrected by: Huge Brain

No reply needed

crew edit: fixed

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Me again. in the quest swept away the word "labelled" is spelled labeled.

In another matter the word Microhelper link on the side bar under tools is actually two words: Micro helper.

corrected by: Huge Brain

crew edit: answered below

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Me again. in the quest swept away the word "labelled" is spelled labeled.

We try to use british spelling as much as possible here like Jagex does so labelled is how it is spelled in british english.

In another matter the word Microhelper link on the side bar under tools is actually two words: Micro helper.

Errdoth designed it to be called Tip It Microhelper, which is quite alright in my opinion since it is a development of his. Regardless changing it would require way too much work.

1.png
generic_signature.png

hi me again thx for replying i guess. ok well i found another mistake that wasn't pointed out by another player earlier:

If you find yourself running around the edges and can't seem to find them, try running to the centre every now and then to make sure they're not right in the middle,

i'm pretty sure that in english you spell the word "centre" as center.

Huge Brain

crew edit: "centre" is the proper British spelling

hi. it isnt a spelling mistake but its a tiny error so i put it in here anyway. it says in the music locations guide,"Those that have unlocked 500 out of the 562 songs available will be able to use the Air Guitar emote." there are now 564 songs available.

thanks

crew edit: thanks, modified!

lotrfiend.png

lotrfiend.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tunnels

Everytime you start a barrow run, one of the brother's coffin is randomly chosen by the game to contain the hidden tunnels. It is in these tunnels that the chest with all the loot awaits.

The following is a map of the tunnels:

When you enter the tunnels, you will be randomly be placed in one of the corners (these will be referred to the corner rooms), and the chest lies in the centre (referred to as chest room). The way this tunnel works is that when you enter, all of the doors leading to the chest room is unavailable to open, except 1. These doors will always be in the rooms between the corner ones (middle rooms). You must find the middle room which the door leading to the chest room is not locked. The door has a puzzle to solve, and the answers to each one of those

The underlined is should be are

Fixed, thanks.

~tryto

Hey guys me again. found this not sure exactly how to correct but it's definately wrong. this is from the swept away quest in the tips and tricks section:

You can go the three witches in whatever order you wish to enchant it.

Has been fixed by someone, thanks.

~tryto

hey guys! found this: 'Exp' is experience gained for using that method/item.

under the prayer tables exp should be XP just to keep it all matching. as that is what is used. also i didn't copy this but there is a quote that says "Get Stats!" stats should be lower cased as this is a quote where it is used in lowercase. thx again!

Huge Brain

crew edit: fixed. fyi, in case you are wondering, we do not give credit for spelling corrections since they are minor compared to the heavy in game research that is required to add new content to guides. however we are grateful to users who notify us of *important* errors that could cause confusion.

me again! found this in barrows guide. In Search of Myreque shortens the journey from Canifis to Barrows ground

in search of myreque should be in search of the myreque. thx hope this helps

Fixed by Cowman, thanks.

Hi, I've found the forum for corrections now :)

Under Treasure Trails: Anagrams, Cam the Camel is shown as THEM CALL CAME. Should only have 1 L.

crew edit: while your logic is correct, to our knowledge the actual clue in the game is THEM CALL CAME. If you can provide a proofshot (any format) showing the clue has been changed, we will be happy to change it. Thanks.

Hello, I was on the verge of sending you guys a message through the "Contact us" feature, however, it was stated there that you PREFERRED the forums. Any who, Here are a handful of spelling and grammar mistakes I found in the "Stealing Creation" Minigame Guide. I must admit, I only glanced over it, however, I read in detail after finding an error. In the "Strategy" Section, line four of paragraph one, the word "play" is used,when I assume it was meant to be "player".("If you kill another play, you make take all of their inventory") In the first line of the second paragraph (in the same section) "resource "should be made plural, thus becoming "resources" (An often-used method of gaining points consists of staking out a medium to high level resource then transiting between it and a kiln.) And finally, in the last few lines of the "Strategy" section, the word "Delay" is misspelled. (Time is a huge factor in this minigame. Don't dally; get going as quickly as you can and get started before the enemy can start obtaining commodities and begin to harass you.) Overall however, it was handy guide :thumbsup:

I feel there may be a few other mistakes in the guide, and I don't blame the authors, which I might have missed. Well, THANKS MUCH 8-)

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

Hello, I was on the verge of sending you guys a message through the "Contact us" feature, however, it was stated there that you PREFERRED the forums. Any who, Here are a handful of spelling and grammar mistakes I found in the "Stealing Creation" Minigame Guide. I must admit, I only glanced over it, however, I read in detail after finding an error. In the "Strategy" Section, line four of paragraph one, the word "play" is used,when I assume it was meant to be "player".("If you kill another play, you make take all of their inventory") In the first line of the second paragraph (in the same section) "resource "should be made plural, thus becoming "resources" (An often-used method of gaining points consists of staking out a medium to high level resource then transiting between it and a kiln.) And finally, in the last few lines of the "Strategy" section, the word "Delay" is misspelled. (Time is a huge factor in this minigame. Don't dally; get going as quickly as you can and get started before the enemy can start obtaining commodities and begin to harass you.) Overall however, it was handy guide :thumbsup:

I feel there may be a few other mistakes in the guide, and I don't blame the authors, which I might have missed. Well, THANKS MUCH 8-)

Fixed "play-->player.

resources->An often-used method of gaining points consists of staking out medium to high level resource(s), then transiting between them and a kiln.

Dally is a word :P.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dally

(3nd definition)

To delay unnecessarily; to while away.

Thanks. If you find any others, it's appreciated :)

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Purple Sweets(Stackable energy restorers with small hp boost) include a space in between the s and the (. found in treasure trail rewards.

Fixed, thanks.

~tryto

heres a list of corrections. they either have rellekka spelled wrong or fremennik spelled wrong.

the beer guide has some gramatical errors. here is a list of items/guides. i can't include links yet i don't know how but i hope this helps

Beer and Wines Guide: Mature (m) ales may sometimes be brewed by the player (see the Cooking guide. These ales generally boost a targeted stat by an additional level.

Relleka Longhall, trade with Thor, Fremennik shield -Rellekka-, Pet rock, Red herring, Tankard, Bucket of milk, Spined helm, Spined body, Golden wool, Warrior Woman ~Cowman

rellekka is spelled this way. fremennik is spelled this way. ardougne is spelled this way

Rock pick, Book on chemicals, Ceramic remains, Explosive potion, Rusty sword: digging in (the) (digsite). Belt buckle: digging in (the) (digsite).

Digsite should be spelled without a space (not dig site).

i think it is spelled this way because there are way more spellings of digsite in the tip.it search bar. even though the quest is spelled dig site.

center corrected to centre spelling errors:

Fairy tale part 2 under fairy rings. should be spelled centre, king's ransom: #6 bullet point (6.),

monkey madness: Head west to the big house with the trapdoor in the middle. Go in through the back door (south side). Do not step in the center area (a different colour floor) and AVOID THE TRAP DOOR! If you go near it you will get jailed again. Stick to the walls of the house and search the crates inside. Be sure to click short distances to walk, in straight lines only, or the game may walk you out onto the middle of the floor.

From the outside edge of the room, carefully get near the chest closest to the trapdoor (the crate set at an angle on the east side) without walking on the center floor. Search it and get some magical monkey talking dentures (getting an extra is a good idea).

regicide: bullet 5. P.s the -'s after each number are strange. make them periods if possible.

pirate's treasure: #6 the treasure.

This is not a big deal ~Cowman

p.s. theres more but i'll submit them later.

sorry for saying this but in the barrows guide in the credits section could someone please add a space inbetween "hugebrain"

thank you

Fixed ~Cowman

p.s. how often is the tip.it search bar updated? it always seems to be outdated.

It is something done with Google so crew doesn't update it. When google crawlers revisit this site, it will renew. ~Cowman

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=treas ... htm#npcloc

In treasure trails you will sometimes get a clue saying something like "Speak to ....". This is a little list of the different NPC's (non-player-controlled) that you can find on treasure trails. You can click on the link after each NPC's name to see a pop-up picture of them.

I thought NPC stood for non-player character

crew edit: got put there a loooong time ago, lol. fixed.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=918

The level 8 Barbarian. Under "Misc." it says Cooked Meet. :-# :) I am impressed with the speed, though - I only submitted the corrections yesterday, I think! :o Go Crewbies. :D

EDIT: fixed thanks ~Howlin~

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog