DF V Corruption - 14.5 hour PKRI

red_Fat1

First and foremost I want to thank everyone in DF for making my time leading the best clan on RS (not saying #1 clan but the best clan because to me DF is) a pleasure. It was an honor for my last fight as an active leader to see so many people unwilling to give up or go to bed and lose.

A big thanks goes out to Corruption for the fight. Regardless of our dislike for each other, fights with you are what it's all about.

Anyway, Chris1791 and I set up a fight last Sunday for yesterday (Saturday). We agreed to the following rules:

~ Corruption Vs. Divine Forces

~ Saturday 14th February

~ Massing Time - 12 noon PST ; 2 pm CST ; 3 pm EST ; 8 pm GMT

~ Massing Spot - Batcave

~ Fight Time - 1 pm PST ; 3 pm CST ; 4pm EST ; 9pm GMT

~ PvP PKRI, No time cap

~ Max of 10 snipers**

~ Spiders - New Members Gate

~ Corruption Defend, Divine Forces Attack

~ Corruption Red Capes, Divine Forces Purple capes - Including Snipers.

~ RSC Posting allowed

I don't think either clan was fully pleased with our sign ups but being it was Valentine's Day it was to be expected. Corr had 85 member yes and about 31 FA's signed up as yes, while DF had about 87 member yes and 17 FA yes. DF had a bit of extra motivation knowing this would be my last official fight as an active leader and so many people arranged their plans to be there when they could. One thing they promised was that we were going to win. Corr knew this as well at some point and being they had beaten us when Flinstoneman retired they were hell bent on making sure I went out with a loss as well. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for DF, they underestimated our heart today.

The first 3-4 hours of the fight was basically even and it was great to have a fight where the 2 main piles actually ran into each other as opposed to just dealing with snipers for hours and hours. After that initial time it seemed as if DF had a big advantage and Corr was regrouping anywhere they could while sending their tanks in to distract us. After a couple of hours of that Corr brought it back and DF slipped and the next couple of hours would find DF regrouping and sending in tanks to distract Corr. Just when everything seemed bleak and all hope lost, DF members started to get back to the fight and just when we thought it was time to call it off, we turned it around. The last couple of hours were even with DF grabbing the edge towards the end. I'm guessing Corr finally figured out that we weren't going to give up and so they ended it.

DF Starting Ops: 300

Corr Starting Ops: 345

DF Ending Ops: 200

Corr Ending Ops: 0

Much respect to the Corr who died 80-100 times. Personally I died 24 times and had too many kills to count.

Pics ~

Starting Ops -

090214222257tt6.png

Ending Ops -

090215065331qz5.png

To DF, win or lose today the honor was in fighting alongside you. The win was the icing on the cake but it was phenomenal leading you guys and thank you for everything you've done today and everyday.

I personally died 47 times and didnt count kills, stayed 12.5 hours #-o

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Lmao @ the topic.

I'm hoping your new leader writes less biased posts than lego always has done. The description of the fight here is the biggest crock of [cabbage] you could try and write about it lol.

Here's how it really went:

Both sides start with huge opts, enough to ko anybody they pile. The lag from the huge amounts of people (making most targets invisible) rather prohibits easy transitions so both sides kill at about the same rate.

After about an hour the invisibility is largely gone so corr are able to transition. Whenever we'd clash with DF we'd kill 3 or 4 DF members before you killed one corr member, and we'd be slicing up your pile and make you a lot easier to tank than us.

Still with the number advantage, after about 4 hours corr were able to almost entirely stop DF binding with only their 10 snipers, and everybody df piled could drag for miles.

That carried on for about 5 hours, until Corr started losing the number advantage. On even opts, corr were still very much in control with df having to regroup at west tree, new gate and eventually down at lava gap for over an hour until they could muster more than 100 opts and start piling again.

Corr then had a slight problem when a lot of GMTers left at about the 12th hour point, and we then had to have about 3 different regroups over an hour before we were up to 150 opts again and were getting strong KOs. We managed to get together a lot faster than df did, despite df blatently sending more than the 10 snipers allowed within the rules.

The last 2 hours of the fight were then even, right to the very last minute, with both sides having about equal amounts of successes and problems in their pile. However, with both sides having enough to ko targets after 15 hours, our officials decided that this would go on for at least another 5 hours, if not even more, and that we should just let DF have the win that they'd clearly do anything to get.

Personally I was there from 9pm to midday, getting about 30 kills and 30 deaths over the 15 hours. Was being part of the snipe unit for 4 hours in the middle. I did enjoy the fight tremendously, both its highs and lows - but the topic about this by Legolas is utter bull.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

first off any person that actually stayed this whole fight obviously doesnt have a gf since it was on valentines day. secondly this 1 fight is 1.5 times the most i have really ever played on rs in one day.

this length of time isnt even about skill anymore it is about which clan is willing to throw money down the drain.

from what i hear corr pretty much was winning the whole fight and got tired of df dragging it out so corr walked out. ah well

no clan imo won this fight though

flamesig.jpg

first off any person that actually stayed this whole fight obviously doesnt have a gf since it was on valentines day. secondly this 1 fight is 1.5 times the most i have really ever played on rs in one day.

this length of time isnt even about skill anymore it is about which clan is willing to throw money down the drain.

from what i hear corr pretty much was winning the whole fight and got tired of df dragging it out so corr walked out. ah well

A ton of people who were there there have partners lol, not everybody is in the same timezone as you :P

And yeah it's not about skill, but it's not 2004 where people get cleaned on f2p - it's about who'll play longest because nobody on either clan cares about rune sets. I could fight for a week soldily and die every 10 mins without running out of rune and a lot of people in both clans are the same.

31 kills 28 deaths, finally counted them properly :P

here are the pics I took of people in df I don't like:

Home Boy09

090214231856pq7.png

Teh Saxo

090214233003si0.png

Gl195

090214233607ky6.png

Phar0nix

090215002650zl9.png

Emanpop

090215004157zi9.png

Merked05

090215004701ld7.png

Emanpop and Maxsje (double kills ^_^ pro sniper lol)

090215011238lg3.png

Xshinobizx

090215013214eq0.png

Hell Nova18

090215032013jg4.png

Iverson53535

090215032903ul5.png

Devin000111

090215090441rd1.png

Iverson53535 (again - he was binding a lot :P)

090215114200ql4.png

Didn't take pics of assists... but there were a lot of them lol. Also did 300+ binds (as in cast them - I often had a few left when I died), which was good considering I was sniping for several hours on ancients.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Yeah, that is why I don't like uncapped. From what I heard, Corr were dominating for most of the fight, but just because DF could return forever they managed to outlast.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah, that is why I don't like uncapped. From what I heard, Corr were dominating for most of the fight, but just because DF could return forever they managed to outlast.

Yeah it's shown pretty well by the kill:death ratios of corr members vs that of df members. I was sniping (therefore dieing a ton) and still got more kills than deaths. A lot of members were there the whole 15 hours with less than 10 deaths.

Corr are very proud of our performance and feel we were the better clan on the day, but at the end of the day Df are the clan that won. I guess both clans are happy lol.

enzock.gif

Twas sunday for me (12gmt ftl)

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Tipitsignature.gif

Honestly, 14.5 hours is just ridiculous.

When are you guys going to realise that anything over four hours or so is just a pathetic waste of time? The clan with the more overall sets (richest) and higher activity (more people without lives) is going to win, no matter how well the other clan dominated them for the duration of the fight.

If (for example), CoR dominated DF for the first 10 hours, DF still won because CoR finally started going to bed and DF lasted the next 4.5 hours because of their higher overall "no lifer" count.

Bah!

dw_sig_sylvari.png

Proud Leader of Dragonwood.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the clan or any of its members.

Combat Requirements: 108+ F2P Combat with 83+ Defence.

IRC Channel: #dwood on the SwiftIRC network.

Insane length.

Its pretty messed up, the only way i could see this being ok (from a timelength on the pc sorta view) was if clans had 1k+ people on there ML. Keeping up 100+ opts for 14 hours with only those size ML's is insane.

Good effort i suppose though.

When are you guys going to realise that anything over four hours or so is just a pathetic waste of time?

The fight was fun? If you don't want to do it feel free not to but I don't see why you care about what we do with our saturday evenings lol.

Time spent enjoying yourself is not time wasted :roll:.

enzock.gif

Honestly, 14.5 hours is just ridiculous.

When are you guys going to realise that anything over four hours or so is just a pathetic waste of time? The clan with the more overall sets (richest) and higher activity (more people without lives) is going to win, no matter how well the other clan dominated them for the duration of the fight.

If (for example), CoR dominated DF for the first 10 hours, DF still won because CoR finally started going to bed and DF lasted the next 4.5 hours because of their higher overall "no lifer" count.

Bah!

Who are you to judge how much time is a waste? People commit themselves to athletics training longer than this and do you say they don't have a life?

Im sorry but since your going to attack our clans il say something, has mori ever been able to last 5 hours in a pkri? :o , even if you have can u do it often? :o Im sorry but Bah!

Tipitsignature.gif

14.5 hours sure is up there. I haven't heard of many fights going that long. I absolutely love the dedication.

Bet you guys had a good sleep that night. No room for dreaming about RuneScape.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

14.5 hours sure is up there. I haven't heard of many fights going that long. I absolutely love the dedication.

Lol.

I am just picturing people rolling in their beds murmering names.

14.5 Hours is crazy! Looks like Corr and Df both have dedicated members. Next time I'd like to see a shorted fight. I agree anything over 4 hours is just a no-life contest.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

:lol:

"Cmon, pile Enzock, what the hell?"

"Erm... son?"

--

I absolutely love watching fights such as these. One of the type of fights were fatigue can be a problem. :)

j0xPu5R.png

:lol:

"Cmon, pile Enzock, what the hell?"

"Erm... son?"

--

I absolutely love watching fights such as these. One of the type of fights were fatigue can be a problem. :)

Screw RL sleeping. RS sleeping ftw :P

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?