POH Room - Balcony

Lep

[hide=Balcony Image]42554913xp0.png[/hide]

Balcony

Level: 41

Cost: 50,000 (& Possibly 5 Pillars?)

This room can only be built on the second floor. It is the only room that can be built without having to have another room underneath of it. It can have 1-4 door spaces depending on where it is placed, whether it's in the middle of 4 other rooms or only outside of a single room. This room would not be able to be seen from anyone on the first floor. If it is not technically possible to do this, then it could also be built on top of another floor. It really makes no difference, it'd just be cooler if it could be built without a room being under it. If it's technically possible it should also be able to be made above a Garden or Formal Garden. The railings and look of the Balcony would, obviously, change according to the chosen house style.

If it's a technical possibility to make it without a room being underneath, then you should be required to do a quest from a Gnome in the Grand Tree Stronghold to learn the secret of making rooms without a room being underneath for support.

Hotspot 1

You can build any table to start with, they can all be upgraded. The first upgrade adds an ordinary flower to the table in the center. The second upgrade adds an endless amount of Normal Logs located underneath of the table which is handy for lighting fires in your fireplace, but if you leave the house then any logs you took will disappear (Anyone can take logs). The third upgrade adds a fruit plant to the left of the ordinary flower. The fourth upgrade adds a herb plant to the right of the ordinary flower. (Note that these flowers can only be picked by the owner)

Oak Table

Level: 41

Items: 5 Oak Planks

Teak Table

Level: 45

Items: 5 Teak Planks

Mahogany Table

Level: 50

Items: 5 Mahogany Planks

Gilded Table

Level: 58

Items: 5 Mahogany Planks & 1 Gold Leaf

[hide=Upgrade 1]Plant

Level: 52 & 20 Farming

Items: Filled Plant Pot & any Mithril Seed Flower[/hide]

[hide=Upgrade 2]Log Pile

Level: 55

Items: 28 Normal Logs

Notes: Provides an endless amount Normal Logs, however, these logs disappear if you leave the house with them[/hide]

[hide=Upgrade 3]Fruit Plant

Level: 60 & 31 or 47 Farming

Items: Filled Plant Pot & Strawberry or Watermelon Seed

Notes: Provides an endless amount of that fruit but can only be picked after the set time of which it usually takes to grow[/hide]

[hide=Upgrade 4]Herb Plant

Level: 80 & Required Farming level for selected herb plant

Items: Filled Plant Pot & any herb seed Seed

Notes: Provides an endless amount of that herb but can only be picked after the set time of which it usually takes to grow[/hide]

Hotspot 2

This is the love seat hotspot which is basically a bench or chair that 2 people can sit on. The only different seat in this hotspot is the

Gilded Swinging Love Seat which basically swings back and forth a little bit whether one or two people are on it.

Oak Love Seat

Level: 44

Items: 5 Oak Planks

Teak Love Seat

Level: 49

Items: 5 Teak Planks

Mahogany Love Seat

Level: 56

Items: 5 Mahogany Planks

Gilded Love Seat

Level: 65

Items: 5 Mahogany Planks & 1 Gold Leaf

Gilded Swinging Love Seat

Level: 79

Items: 5 Mahogany Planks, 2 Gold Leaf, 2 Rope & 5 Steel Bars

Hotspot 3

You can build any table to start with, they can all be upgraded. The Umbrella itself does nothing because it's just for looks.

4 people can sit here to play a game with another player, you must be sitting across from another player to play with them.

This helps give purpose to the Games Room to be able to unlock a game for your house.

Oak Picnic Table

Level: 43

Items: 10 Oak Planks

Round Teak Table

Items: 10 Teak Planks

Mahogany Picnic Table

Level: 61

Items: 10 Mahogany Planks

Round Marble Table

Level: 70

Items: 10 Mahogany Planks & 1 Marble Block

Gilded Round Marble Table

Level: 83

Items: 10 Mahogany Planks, 1 Marble Block & 2 Gold Leaf

[hide=Upgrade 1]Umbrella

Level: 44

Items: 5 Cloth, 1 Steel Bar & any colour Dye of which colour you want it to be[/hide]

[hide=Upgrade 2]Runeversi, Draughts, Runesquares or Runelink

Items: 25k

Notes: You must also reach a certain rank in the Games Room for the game you want to add[/hide]

[hide=Upgrade 3]Chess

Level: 52

Items: 50k

Notes: You must reach a certain rank in every game available in the Games Room to be able to build this. (Replaces any game from Upgrade 2)[/hide]

Hotspot 4

Miniature pools which resemble those in "As a First Resort..." These effects also last if you leave the house which finally gives a nice way to heal yourself upon teleporting to your house if you use the Therma Pool. Buy the Buckets of __ Water from an Ogre in Oo'Glog for 200k. You should be required to do a mini quest to unlock the ability to purchase a Bucket of __ Water from an Ogre.

2x4 square space

Mini Therma Pool

Level: 92

Items: 2 Marble Blocks & 1 Bucket of Therma Water

Mini Sulphur Pool

Items: 2 Marble Blocks & 1 Bucket of Sulphur Water

Mini Salt-Water Pool

Items: 2 Marble Blocks & 1 Bucket of Salt-Water

Hotspot 5

Use your pet Raven on the Bird Stand to place it as if it is an odrinary house object. It will give it a sort of artificial intelligence which makes it fly around the Balcony Gracefully and occasionally land on the Bird Stand. It can stay here even if you log out or leave your house.

Use your pet Guthix Raptor, Saradomin Owl, Zamorak Hawk, Ex-ex Parrot or Phoenix Eggling on the Large Bird Stand to place it as if it is an ordinary house object. It will give it a sort of artificial intelligence which makes it fly around the Balcony Gracefully and occasionally land on the Bird Stand. It can stay here even if you log out or leave your house.

Use your pet Vulture on the Vulture Post to place it as if it is an ordinary house object. It will give it a sort of artificial intelligence which makes it fly around the Balcony Gracefully and occasionally land on the Bird Stand. It can stay here even if you log out or leave your house. The difference with the Vulture Post opposed to the Bird Stand and Large Bird Stand, is that if any player is too close to the Vulture Post for a certain period of time, the Vulture will swoop down and deal minimal damage to the player.

Bird Stand

Items: 4 Oak Planks & 5 Nails

Large Bird Stand

Level: 70

Items: 6 Oak Planks & 5 Nails

Vulture Post

Level: 85

Items: 8 Oak Planks & 5 Nails

I LOVE IT!!! Support!!!

A few things though:

Add the unlimited run pool as well, this way the 3 most used pools are right there.

You didn't say how much it would cost to make the room, or did you? If you did I didn't see it.

Perhaps the floor below it would need to be reinforced by the Pillars from the Tz-Tok-Dill quest? It would give them a use.

Perhaps move the telescope to this room? It would make more sense using a telescope on a balcony than look out a window with it...plus there's no more accidentally putting one next to a wall.

Good point about the Pillars I shall add those in, I never did the quest so I didn't know about them. I'll add the Run Energy Pool as well, I forgot to re-add it, I was going to type something else but I thought it was a better idea what it currently says. And yes, I think I did forget how much it is to make the rooms haha.

As for the Telescope...I completely agree but I'm almost positive Jagex will never do that. It'd probably upset some newbs that have a Study and can't afford to build a Balcony if the Telescope was removed from the Study, along those lines anyhow.

Good point about the Pillars I shall add those in, I never did the quest so I didn't know about them. I'll add the Run Energy Pool as well, I forgot to re-add it, I was going to type something else but I thought it was a better idea what it currently says. And yes, I think I did forget how much it is to make the rooms haha.

As for the Telescope...I completely agree but I'm almost positive Jagex will never do that. It'd probably upset some newbs that have a Study and can't afford to build a Balcony if the Telescope was removed from the Study, along those lines anyhow.

Well you could have it serve double-duty. I mean just look at the rugs and everything. That shouldn't be a problem.

epic, awesome idea. i would like a bandos pool at a lower level too tho...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

[hide=floating room]rshouse.png

Get 3 rooms on top of one another, and remove the middle room from the bottom, the top will still be there.[/hide]

Still, Jagex may well remove that and I like the idea of a balcony. Support! :thumbsup:

redarrows-1.png

[hide=floating room]rshouse.png

Get 3 rooms on top of one another, and remove the middle room from the bottom, the top will still be there.[/hide]

Still, Jagex may well remove that and I like the idea of a balcony. Support! :thumbsup:

LMAO that's hilarious.

This is a good idea! I really liked the idea of the bird stand.

I also think we should be able to make summoning obelisks in our gardens, mainly the mini-obelisks.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Support, construction is my favorite skill yet Jagex seems to be avoiding it... it's been out since 07 yet it's only had 2 major updates and thats costume room and room update, although fixing the bugs could be counted a major update. It's about due for something new.

Totally support. Though I don't see why the vulture needs to do damage. Also, a phoenix eggling doesn't exactly seem like a large bird, and I doubt it could fly...

heyeveryonecheckoutmyNEWspellbooksuggestionokaythanks...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I think that the herb plant might be a bit too much. It would be too easy to make a whole bunch of balconies and just put a Ranarr plant on each.