How did you come about finding tip.it?

Joes_So_Cool

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I was trying to complete a quest when I overheard someone say to go look up tip.it for help. I found my way to forum soon after. 8 years later I'm still here :shock:

My nick back then was Golden_Sword and I was a noob....

I find it oddly hilarious that BlueTear used to have a leet-speak signature. Probably one of the most sensible posters this place has ever had.

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh,I remembered.Push factor to join the forum was actually TET.Mainly before that I would lurk on RSOF until some idiot rant showed up then I'd systematically point out all his mistakes.Wasn't difficult either.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Umm friend told me about it back when playing runescape was cool. Then I sucked at Ernest the chicken, so I actually used it.

Well, I found it from google. But otherwise the same story.

I used the main site for years, then I even made an account way back, like in 2005 or 2006, but then I quit and forgot about it. It was also before the time I moved to a place where I had no internet connection. When I got internet again last year, I immediately started playing RS again and finally joined the forum, too.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Heh,I remembered.Push factor to join the forum was actually TET.Mainly before that I would lurk on RSOF until some idiot rant showed up then I'd systematically point out all his mistakes.Wasn't difficult either.

I remember when RSOF was fairly new. I used to troll Frizzoid and Viper in the OT forums there.

i used tip.it for it's good quest/boss guides when I played runescape, and got fed up of gamefaqs forums :wall:

then made an account on here, and made some good rs friends through my blogs/various posts

and will probably stay here even after quitting runescape

(plus it gives me something to do while fishing) :lol:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I totally remember the old boards. What happened to them?

DK3 (the host) went bankrupt and eventually all related domains went inactive, that was after the old boards changed to "scapeboard.com". They also had the nerve to exploit any remaining traffic visiting that address, & sold it to servage.net for a few thousand dollars (Silverion, boss of tip.it didn't get a cent of that amount)

They also "lost" all the forum databases that contained countless topics full of information and posts from old famous players (they likely cleaned all server hard-drives so they would be sellable for what scraps they could gather from their business operation), so we had to start over in summer 2004, when the forum was again hosted on tip.it and still remains as such.

I found it by asking how someone was so good at doing a quest (when i was like a level 10 nonmember) and they said they used a website, I asked, and they told me..... Ive used it ever since. I like it because its updated and loads fast and and only thought of joining the fourms late 08 (when I was bored in my computer class because I had a teacher who couldn't teach and I knew all the stuff anyway)

cac29dfe51.png

image.png

Please click and warm up my egg.

One of my friends told me at school about it, saying that you could pretty much find anything about RS on it. I used it for like 7 months then clicked on the "Forum" button.

Btw, I thought the levers on Ernest the chicken were a breeze.

Leman.png

Amazing how many people joined because of quest guides, I honestly think Tip's quest guides are inferior to RuneHQ's and Runescape.Wikia's, but their forums and databases suck compared to Tip.it.

I only used runehq for it's items database a looong time ago. RSwiki does have good quest guides, but I don't think it's been around for that long has it?

Amazing how many people joined because of quest guides, I honestly think Tip's quest guides are inferior to RuneHQ's and Runescape.Wikia's, but their forums and databases suck compared to Tip.it.

I don't really think it's that amazing. I'm sure a lot people didn't join Tip.it because they thought it had the BEST quest guides, but simply because they were stuck on a quest, they typed in "RuneScape quest help" or something into Google (or heard about it through a friend), found Tip.it, and their quest guide was satisfactory. Sure there may have been (and still be) better quest guides out there, but as long as Tip.it's WORKED, they probably weren't going to go searching around for another site.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog