Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

I agree, but having 3 99s just for a weapon is a bit high requirement.

How about this:

A 2h Sword with high attack bonus in all 3 styles (stab, slash and crush) for thoses having 99 attack.

A 2h Warhammer (or a maul) with high strength bonus for thoses having 99 strength.

A Shield with high defence bonus (except magic) for thoses having 99 defence.

A Magic Staff with high magic attack bonus and defence for those having 99 magic.

A very powerfull composite bow (2h) with high range attack for those having 99 range

Then there could be some combinations for those having more level 99 combat skill:

99 att+str: A very big 2h sword with high str and att bonus.

99 att+str+def: Same as the "99att+str" sword, but one-handed

99 def+mage: additional magic defence bonus for the shield

99 def+range: The bow will be a crossbow (one handed) with the same stats and speed)

99 in all combat skills (att, str, def, hp, mage, pray, sum and range): A cobatcape showing everyone that you've all combat skills at 99. Same stats as a trimmed skillcape. Can be enchanted with a fire cape for better stats.

There could be more combinations, but I think this would be a very nice idea. And of course, only for PvM, not PvP ;)

bannerzi.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another option is simply to have enchanted armor/weapons.

Make use of the magic skill to have spells which can enchant armor and weapons giving them special effects ONLY against PvM. So the weapons can cause the normal amount of damage in PvP, they can cause extra damage in PvM if they have special attacks enchanted upon them. You can even change it so that the effects only last for a certain amount of time, keeping those enchanting mages busy.

Skillers have always been tied to PvM in one way or another, I think it would be a good idea to make them more involved in a process of getting super high level armor.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I'd really love to see some new, high-level, lowish-defense, damage resistance armor. They've already done this with items like elysian/divine shields but... good lord, those things cost over 1 BILLION gold streetprice! They're way too rare to ever be used by that many people.

Dude, 1 billion is 1000 millions, meaning 1.000.000.000 coins. I think you meant 100 millions =)

There is an easy way to make PvP armour usefull. Just make it last forever, but only useable in PvP worlds.

And new 120+ combat gear without K0ing people with 1-2 hits is also not hard. Just make it non-useable in PvP worlds and PvP minigames.

Maybe this will happen someday :pray:

No, He means 1 Billion. (yes 1000m, not 100m..)

And the PvP armor suggestion is moronic. I'd just get a group of friends, all grab a statius set, and camp bandos (or insert boss here) in a PvP world. A group of people in statius + Vesta Longs would rip through bandos (or other) much easier than normal.. and no ones going to go try to pk one alone.. they'd just pile the person...

The suggestion isn't moronic at all.

Fist of all, look at the amount of pvp worlds: it's minimal. 5 worlds or what? Wow, gonna have a lot of influence.

Second of all: Bandos is already ridiclously easy. It's not like that pvp armour would change a lot. Maybe increase the killing spead by 5-10%, and that on 5 worlds, wow, big deal. On top of that, clans will be fighting for the few world there are, so I hope you will have A LOT of friends with you...

Same thing applies to every other boss monster.

Really ,the suggestion of Elchris is IMO one of the best suggestions of this thread.

It would make GS prices crash though. (since they are mostly used in ... pvp)

When creating such items, Jagex would have to be careful not to make them too overpowered however. I would hate to get obliterated by a 99 attack weapon when i just have 90 defence.

Maybe equipment that becomes better as your levels get higher?

EDIT: Dang it, I just noticed the part where he said for pvm only. My mistake. (although I suppose I could cover by saying i'd get crashed at GWD by people with 99 attack & str. :oops: )

*goes and crawls into his corner*

• 2 weeks later...

Thats also in WoW :roll:

But I like the idea.

How about this: Some monsters are dropping enchantments, the harder to kill the monster, the better is the enchantment.

There are 9 kinds of enchantments, and there is 1 slot for each weapon/armoury piece.

First you have to make the slot for the weapon with cut gems (opal, jade, topaz, sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond, dragonstone and onyx) for their equal kind of enchantment (e.g. an dragonstone enchantments needs a dragonstone slot).

The enchantments are scrolls which are then saved in the slot, they cannot be taken out, but destroyed to cast a new one into it.

The enchantments could give this stats:

opal: +3 in everything for weapons, +1 in everything for armoury

jade: +1 poison, +8 on poisonable weapons if used on armoury, it will prevent 1 poison damage each time

topaz: only 2/3 of energy needed for a spec attack for weapons, if used n armoury, it gives +2 in everything

sapphire: +10 magic attack and def

emerald: +10 defence in all

ruby: +10 strength for weapons, +4 strength for armoury

diamond: +3 in everything

dragonstone: +4 in everything

onyx: +5 in everything

bannerzi.gif