Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

I think that if you can solo a boss it is easy enough already. Since we can solo every boss but corp which is ment to be a team boss then I'm ok with it.

Spirit shields are just too rare and pricey for the general public so they were a nice try but a flop.

With the cap at 99 HP and us already having weapons that can hit 79+ in 1 special I think thats as high as we'll see for awhile.

I think what realy needs updating is the system that bases your hits. It's too heavily leaned on luck and not enough no skills. You see level 100's down 120's in pvp because they get lucky and hit that dds special and just drop the guy. Where the 120 hits all 0's even though he has the better levels. I think that will solve the majority of our PvP problems of course there is the people who yell at rushers, pjers, and all other things against the made up honor code which is just a load of it. But we can't fix those people who want rules in a place with no rules of combat.

With our HP level a new weapon is just unpractical what we need is a revamp to the way hits are calculated and that is what will solve our problem.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our HP level a new weapon is just unpractical what we need is a revamp to the way hits are calculated and that is what will solve our problem.

Right, fights nowadays are 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-30-0-0-0-0-30-eat-0-0-0-60 with DDS spec-0-eat-60 with DDS spec-30(-pilejumper attacks with DDS spec-dead). I'm not that high level myself, but I've seen some so-called "fights" (seriously, they're like tossing a virtual coin...) and I've noticed the problem. Update(s) to the hit formula(s) is(are) really needed.

You say the prices of spirit shields make you sick, but then you are willing to work your way to 100m to get a new armor piece?

How would you create an armor set for high level players that both prevents low level players from using it and still isn't overpowered? Obviously simply throwing a high price tag on it won't work, the lower levels will have their methods of obtaining that amount. High requirements? That could work, but then high levels would expect their high-requirement items to be incredibly powerful and would not accept anything below insanely high bonuses. If Jagex found a compromise, I'm all for it. I'm a 115 with 30m banked and yet I wear a granite plate and d skirt because I don't think the multimillion gp armor pieces are worth it yet. I also use a d scimmy rather than a whip because the stat bonus difference is miniscule for the over 1m saved, the spec is actually worth something, and you can train str with it efficiently. D scim and rune defender is better than a sara sword for str training, I don't see why anyone would actually use the thing other than for waterfiends.

So yeah, if Jagex were to create this update they'd have a lot of compromising to do to make sure that

1. High levels are not insanely overpowered

2. Melee isn't overpowered in the combat triangle

3. Buyers/obtainers of the armor are satisfied with the requirements and usefulness of the equipment.

That's sort of hard to accomplish but knowing Jagex, they can figure out anything. If they create such a compromise, count me in to support it while I train vigorously to 120 combat.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

You say the prices of spirit shields make you sick, but then you are willing to work your way to 100m to get a new armor piece?

How would you create an armor set for high level players that both prevents low level players from using it and still isn't overpowered? Obviously simply throwing a high price tag on it won't work, the lower levels will have their methods of obtaining that amount. High requirements? That could work, but then high levels would expect their high-requirement items to be incredibly powerful and would not accept anything below insanely high bonuses. If Jagex found a compromise, I'm all for it. I'm a 115 with 30m banked and yet I wear a granite plate and d skirt because I don't think the multimillion gp armor pieces are worth it yet. I also use a d scimmy rather than a whip because the stat bonus difference is miniscule for the over 1m saved, the spec is actually worth something, and you can train str with it efficiently. D scim and rune defender is better than a sara sword for str training, I don't see why anyone would actually use the thing other than for waterfiends.

So yeah, if Jagex were to create this update they'd have a lot of compromising to do to make sure that

1. High levels are not insanely overpowered

2. Melee isn't overpowered in the combat triangle

3. Buyers/obtainers of the armor are satisfied with the requirements and usefulness of the equipment.

That's sort of hard to accomplish but knowing Jagex, they can figure out anything. If they create such a compromise, count me in to support it while I train vigorously to 120 combat.

Corporeal boss is not soloable + the sigils/shields are more than ge price...

But there must be a way for Jagex to give high levels what they want without. I was thinking:

2 caves....1 for level 70-110 combat. and 1 for 110 combat to 138...

The spirit sheild prices (on the street) are not set by jagex. If all the sudden a new uber powerful weapon or armor set came out people would put out many millions for it.

also I believe that spirt sheilds will drop to a semi reasonable price in a few months My guess is still around 40-50M.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I also use a d scimmy rather than a whip because the stat bonus difference is miniscule for the over 1m saved, the spec is actually worth something, and you can train str with it efficiently.

You, my friend, are an idiot. If the whip was worth 60% of your bank value than maybe that might be logical. But not if you have 30m. The whip has over 15 slash attack and 15 strength bonus over the d scimmy.

The spirit sheild prices (on the street) are not set by jagex. If all the sudden a new uber powerful weapon or armor set came out people would put out many millions for it.

also I believe that spirt sheilds will drop to a semi reasonable price in a few months My guess is still around 40-50M.

You think they will go from 1 billion+ to 40-50 million?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Spirit shields: They cost 50m-130M. They are good i gotta admit, but it's not so offensive shields, more defensive. They are items i gotta say is useful but the price makes me sick.

Surely any combat items which are released for 120+ players are going to fit into the same category as Spirit shields?

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

Spirit shields: They cost 50m-130M. They are good i gotta admit, but it's not so offensive shields, more defensive. They are items i gotta say is useful but the price makes me sick.

Surely any combat items which are released for 120+ players are going to fit into the same category as Spirit shields?

They are only shields and according to some TIF users, the elysian cost over 800m+ in street price. So even if u had 130m, it wouldn't be easy to get the shield itself.

They are only shields and according to some TIF users, the elysian cost over 800m+ in street price. So even if u had 130m, it wouldn't be easy to get the shield itself.

Elysain is around 1.2B-1.3B and divine is 1.1B-1.2B but they are traded for each other often but people will pay that extra 100M for the elysian. As for spectral and arcane spectral is around 120m-150M and the arcane is 220-250M.

Thats of course prices based off the merchants and what they sell it for and such but since they buy them up that is the price. Thats just to clear up street prices if anyone was wondering.

Most trades are done with 3rd age though or the person selling adds dumped items or p hats.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

From my point of view: You have Godswords, D Claws, Bandos and Armadyl. Stop being so damn Selfish!!

onto the actual topic: It would be a good adittion to add higher armor, but doing so you would make other such as Bandos and Armadyl Crash very fast. Oh, and not all players have 20m+, in fact i know alot of 100-125's who barely even make it to 10m.

Popoto.~<3

I think what they need to do is fix the Attack skill so it actually makes a difference, I still see people with less Attack than me hitting better on some Monsters and some Players (in good armour) which is wrong, Attack should increase your accuracy, I believe it doesn't do much at all (despite what Jagex say).

I also think the +Attack on weapons should do something, where as it's already been proven as long as you have higher +Strength you will gain more Xp per hour, which is stupid, it should be based on +Attack first, then secondly on +Strength.

Would be nice if Jagex put in some controls over any new high levelled equipment so that not only can you not wear the stuff without doing a quest/have certain levels but you cant even trade it. This would prevent, to an extent, merchanting clans from buying/selling it just to make money with no intention of actually using it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I agree that they need better amour but they really should change the PVP amour so it doesn't corrupt and is only useable on a PVP world. They should make a new high level amour that is non-tradeble so you have to do a quest etc. and replacing it could be expinsive.

Almost like crystal bow? But it doesn't suck...

increase all levels to 100 and then make hp 10* that number.

double the damage of weapons so that you can still hit good 150with ags is a great ko with 1khp as safing wont be very usefull at 20hp per bite :)

people could survive multi better, make good use of the combat triangle as they can save there inventory spaces for differnt types or armor and whatnot.

Most of all they can expand on the current armour with new updates and simply update the stats of armadyl, bandos etc to compensate for the increase.

Magic is soon getting an update, melee would be fine and range is more effective with the use of ruby bolts.

I think it could all work out eventualy with an increase to 1khp as apposed to 99

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

It seem Jagex have no intention of raising level cap of any combat skills. So i won't hope for something like that, i will hope for offensive items that will take strength and attack skill to next level.

As well as defensive items that makes the hitpoints stay focused.

they could also come out with a new barrows minigame that ties into the summers end quest line, where it has the secondary world to get new "tormented" barrows item.

it sounds cool, and i'd say it'd be the same as barrows, but new looks or something.

but i would like a new "whip killer" i remember when the whip first came out, it was amazing.

and 20-30m at the time >.>

More offensive power is impossible without remaking the combat system.
Your signature says it all.

If it's already possible to hit over 100 damage in a matter of seconds, what's the point of new armour and weaponry when your opponent is as good as dead? Statius' armour makes Dragon claws bounce off, Vesta's Longsword turns out 60+ hits every 3 seconds, and a Dark Bow special attack can hit for silly amounts of damage. No new, more powerful weapon can be made as it just makes the killing game against players even easier, with bigger damage caps that tear apart anything.

Maybe if they made these items solely for PvM it might work, as no one wants to be utterly owned by a stunning new weapon that makes the AGS look like a dinner fork. It's already hard to top the power ratings of the current weapon set, thanks to the insanely strong armours being released 3 years ago.

[/ramblingargumentthatseemstogonowhere]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Haven't read previous posts.

What would finally make players happy is if Jagex introduced something like Relic Weapons. (Heh, if you've ever played FFXI you'll see whats coming..)

Make a base weapon. Make this easy to attain. For example, a godsword without a hilt.

Then take it to stage 2. Players would need around 20M GP, some strange items. Dragon Talon and the like. All non tradeable and attained by killing some boss.

Then you'd have to wait 24hrs whilst it's made by some NPC. Possibly Oziach.

Come back & collect your stage 2 weapon.

For stage 3 you'd need around 50M GP, some more items that are harder to attain(That Lv756 beast or whatever could drop it.) and your stage 2 weapon.

Wait one week.

For stage 4, the final stage perhaps, a further 100M GP, a specific item obtained from killing all major RS bosses. (This could be done already, talk to, umm, the Legends guild master for the item.)

Trade all these to Oziach, wait a week and obtain your relic weapon. These would ignore the defence resistances. Like waterfiends wouldn't have a defence against a relic weapon.

Expensive stuff but definatly only for the best players. No more whining about not being the best, get out there and farm your way up to the cash for an elitist weapon.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.