Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

Well we are talking about high level weapons...

Except it's only usable on boss monsters? Explain again why you can't just lower boss monster defence... :|

theres no reason to make the same post twice.

Well we are talking about high level weapons...

Except it's only usable on boss monsters? Explain again why you can't just lower boss monster defence... :|

because then lower levels can attempt bosses because they wont need such a high atk/str level to hit them.

So basically you want new weapons for level 120s+, designed to... help low levels? o_O Boss monsters are hard to hit for a reason.

thats not what i said. i said if you lower boss monster defence, then lower levels can hit them. thats y their defence is so high.

plus, these weapons are designed for high levels, not low levels. read the post and subsequent posts, too, before you say something that doesnt make sense.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this much. The best things in any game, best in defense, offense, damage, consistency, or designed specifically for certain areas to grind are always going to be overpriced. I remember a time when I was f2p and when I learned that rune was the best armor, I was like WTF, it's only level 40 in attack and defense stats! Then alala, as time goes on, you're a level 90 f2per with Saradomin trimmed Rune armor, strength trimmed amulet, and nothing left to spend your money on. There are people like this in p2p worlds, as I assume, disregarding the Elysian or spirit shields [Note; there will ALWAYS be people like me who will take rune defender over DFS because of the attack bonuses, not because of the price tag] , I'm referring to full bandos, fury, neitiznot, dragon boots, armadyl godsword, dfs, berserker ring, fire cape, so on, so forth, with 99 in all melee stats and letting however much gold they have left, sit in their bank. It's kind of depressing to think that you "beat" a game you love, so supposedly there's always more to think about (as hoped by game devs) to keep their customers' support.

No further comment :P

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

To be completely honest, I can see where you're coming from, I'm 99 attack and strength and I'll get defence and hp after I start going for them again. Like the Dragon Plate, they could alternatively make drops for people with only 99 in a stat, such as summoning with the Dragon Egg.. Which you could be taken to the skill masters who can make better items and/ or weapons..

I love this idea if it was applied to all skills, so everyone would get a special tool to use upon reaching max level. Alternatively, Jagex could introduce weapons that are more powerful but not trade-able, so you have to be able to earn it to use it. IE introducing the new weapons/armor in a fire cape like method.

Alternatively, Jagex could introduce weapons that are more powerful but not trade-able, so you have to be able to earn it to use it.

no, because you would have to get it back somehow. free stuff thats good cant be easy to reobtain. theyd have to introduce it by means of minigame like the torso. but if its really that good, how hard must it be to obtain it? for the many points, torso actually only gives great str bonus, and terrible def bonus. so if you up the ante, the item would be insanely hard to obtain, so thats a lose lose. great item for free, and almost near impossible to get. incredibly difficult anyways. who would put that kind of time in again?

modmarkl.jpg

To be completely honest, I can see where you're coming from, I'm 99 attack and strength and I'll get defence and hp after I start going for them again. Like the Dragon Plate, they could alternatively make drops for people with only 99 in a stat, such as summoning with the Dragon Egg.. Which you could be taken to the skill masters who can make better items and/ or weapons..

I love this idea if it was applied to all skills, so everyone would get a special tool to use upon reaching max level. Alternatively, Jagex could introduce weapons that are more powerful but not trade-able, so you have to be able to earn it to use it. IE introducing the new weapons/armor in a fire cape like method.

Here's how i am thinking for a weapon better than abyssal whip:

1: You need to do all quests+1 more to access the monster that drops it (like Tormented demons)

2: The monster should be as hard or harder if needed, as Tormented demon/Bandos boss

3: It will be non multi so teams can't LS the drops in anyway.

4: The weapon will be non-tradeable to each player until they kill certain amount of kills. Let's say as example 2000 kills of a monster as strong as Bandos boss?

5: The weapon will be rare 1 in 700 kills?

6: Once you get your first drop of weapon, you can no longer get more until you reach 2000 kills of the monster which is also when the weapon becomes tradeable for that player

7: To trade weapons or buy these weapons each player must have killed 200 kills of the monster. Example if you want to buy my weapon drop, you will have had killed 200 kills of the monster.

These 7 things will ensure this rare yet powerful weapon will not reach market easily and only will be a weapon high levels will manage to get. And the requirement to use it would be 94 strength and attack...

And if possible Jagex could make a way for players to get the weapon back for a price in millions incase they loose it and that this price goes down (Like crystal bow) for everytime. And it started with 10M.

i hope those kills wont be easy? 700 kills isnt hard on most bosses, just takes time. also, make it non cannonable?

modmarkl.jpg

i hope those kills wont be easy? 700 kills isnt hard on most bosses, just takes time. also, make it non cannonable?

Read all 7....it's not that easy. And if i am wrong in difficulty Jagex can make it harder. Also how can you cannon a monster like Bandos boss/Tormented demons?

1/700 don't mean you get it guaranteed. It means theres a chance of it.

i read all 7. tormented demons are hard....but from what i heard bandos boss (just gaardor alone) isnt that hard to solo....soooo.....?

modmarkl.jpg

i read all 7. tormented demons are hard....but from what i heard bandos boss (just gaardor alone) isnt that hard to solo....soooo.....?

SO? You need to kill 2,000 before you can SELL this weapon and the buyer must have killed 200 him/herself before he or she can buy it. As well after you get your first weapon drop, you can not get more until you have reached 2,000 kills.

Also requirement is 94 str and att. Not to mention it will be non multi.

All this will make sure, this weapon does not circulate fast into market and neither into players hand...

Anyone who can solo it will have 94 att\str, so that really doesn't matter. A few people can get 2000 kills and farm them for a huge profit, and 200 kills are easy to get for the buyer - sellers will make a massive profit, buyers will get it cheap.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

In my opinion they should make a long quest with the requirements of maxed melee stats. The reward should be the ability to buy an item that is very expensive eg.100m. Although i agree the item should be only usable against monsters as it's easy enough to KO players now. If they made the quest really long involving lots of aspects of runescape it would make like an ultimate challenge for those who have already maxed their combat stats which could lead to load of new monsters that are interesting and high level and hard to kill but only possible if you have obtained this item. Perhaps they could have a range of bosses available to kill if you have this item, each boss drops a specific part of an item set that is non-tradeable, therefore if someone manages to complete this task of getting a full set it shows that are truly a great player.

At the moment it is not really possible to keep making new items that are more powerful but can be used for leveling as it is already very easy to get very quick xp. Runescape was made a long time ago with many people maxing their melee stats years ago, and with the xp rates currently many more maxing out now. Runescape needs a new dimension for when you become a high level, the process of leveling has been exhausted and i believe that something along these lines could be an answer.

In my opinion they should make a long quest with the requirements of maxed melee stats. The reward should be the ability to buy an item that is very expensive eg.100m. Although i agree the item should be only usable against monsters as it's easy enough to KO players now. If they made the quest really long involving lots of aspects of runescape it would make like an ultimate challenge for those who have already maxed their combat stats which could lead to load of new monsters that are interesting and high level and hard to kill but only possible if you have obtained this item.

They will never do that.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The current way that items work will become exhausted you cannot just keep making new more powerful weapons when our hp limit is only at 99 or let people level using more and more powerful weapons it will just keep making leveling easier and easier to where the game is degraded. If it isnt that hard to max out, and you dont enjoy skilling anywhere as near as much as combat, when you max out theres little incentive to keep playing.

In my opinion they should make a long quest with the requirements of maxed melee stats. The reward should be the ability to buy an item that is very expensive eg.100m. Although i agree the item should be only usable against monsters as it's easy enough to KO players now. If they made the quest really long involving lots of aspects of runescape it would make like an ultimate challenge for those who have already maxed their combat stats which could lead to load of new monsters that are interesting and high level and hard to kill but only possible if you have obtained this item.

They will never do that.

yea because money should never determine the power a player may posses. I've seen people in karils range kO people in bandos and whip and defender. if you know what you're doing, you don't need a 100m weapon to do it

modmarkl.jpg

The current way that items work will become exhausted you cannot just keep making new more powerful weapons when our hp limit is only at 99 or let people level using more and more powerful weapons it will just keep making leveling easier and easier to where the game is degraded.

It's not supposed to be a weapon for PvP, infact they should make sure it can't be used in PvP. It will be a weapon for solo boss hunters hopefully..

It's not supposed to be a weapon for PvP, infact they should make sure it can't be used in PvP. It will be a weapon for solo boss hunters hopefully..

Further throwing off the balance against boss monsters. Boss monsters are released to be scaled to the power of the current weapons\armor, with drop values to match. How profitable is KBD now? Black demons? Giant mole? In the last few years Jagex has finally started to slow it down, and it's not a month too soon.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Further throwing off the balance against boss monsters. Boss monsters are released to be scaled to the power of the current weapons\armor, with drop values to match. How profitable is KBD now? Black demons? Giant mole? In the last few years Jagex has finally started to slow it down, and it's not a month too soon.

It doesn't have to be that way...

It's up to Jagex how they do it...if they release more than 1 item/boss..

It was just a example of a non PvP weapon drop from a boss/monster.

It doesn't have to be that way...

It's up to Jagex how they do it...if they release more than 1 item/boss..

It was just a example of a non PvP weapon drop from a boss/monster.

Exactly - but it's something that, for good reasons, they stopped doing. You can't have weapons that will 1 hit someone; the line has to be drawn somewhere. In a world of rune 2thes, it was fine if they pumped out a better weapon every few months. Now it's reached its limit with barrows and whip; a nerf has to happen before they start escalating again.

DeviledEgg24.png

We need to increase the effectiveness of stats, and lower the power of items. That's all I'll say.

I agree. 92-99 combat really isn't *That* much of a difference.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

We need to increase the effectiveness of stats, and lower the power of items. That's all I'll say.

I agree. 92-99 combat really isn't *That* much of a difference.

Truth, this is the case for almost every stat not even melee. Almost every skill caps out in true usefulness at 85 (or lower) so perhaps making it more worth our time to go beyond that?

As you already mentioned- there are already some items like that- the spirit shields- and those are way beyond the budget of 95% of the players that would want to use them. But surely, if jagex were to create so-called undegradeable pvp items then what were the chances of people like you getting your hands on them? If you can't afford the best armor now, you surely wouldn't be able to afford those new items anyway.

Also- such weapons and armour are not really needed, though i'd most likely benefit alot from them.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Boss specific weapons sound interesting, but as you mentioned earlier they shouldn't be for regular training - it's already far too easy to get 99. What your really asking for is easier ways to defeat boss monsters; why not tone down the defence instead of making new ubierly powered weapons?

In all honesty, I think boss monsters are fine how they are - a little on the easy side if anything, aside from the CB.

personally, spirit shields were a good attempt, but they seem to be ineffective in the grand scheme. just too pricey

Boss specific weapons sound interesting, but as you mentioned earlier they shouldn't be for regular training - it's already far too easy to get 99. What your really asking for is easier ways to defeat boss monsters; why not tone down the defence instead of making new ubierly powered weapons?

In all honesty, I think boss monsters are fine how they are - a little on the easy side if anything, aside from the CB.

personally, spirit shields were a good attempt, but they seem to be ineffective in the grand scheme. just too pricey

If the GE actually listed realistic prices for them, more people would go to KB and it would drop. But no...

Also +1 to what Compfreak says. Boss hunting is easy enough, with people staying 10 hours at Sara GWD.