Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

I totally agree with you... I am for once a Rune Armor supporter since I was a noob. I don't see the reasons in using like barrow, dragon, or bandos over Rune. As I become stronger... I just made a small transition, in which from a rune platelegs to Dragon Platelegs. That was like the only small step I made :-P. For Rune Platebody, I replaced it with Fighter Torso since it's pretty powerful.

And I do have to agree with you about the release... However, I am very doubtful that Jagex will ever do such thing. Whenever Jagex release new Armor(s) or Weapon(s) they're usually rare and hard to get. <= That in which lead to high price.

My suggestion is that Jagex give current Armors evasion rate. Like every 30 Defence is 1% evasion. With Defence Level is 9 levels is 1% evasion. We already know Jagex does use this system; however, I believe an Evasion % stat should be place in the Equipment Interface.

So then at 99 Defence, one will have a permanent of 11% Evasion Rate.

*Evasion is the ability to dodger attacks. That mean the higher Evasion Rate you are, the less likely you will be hit.

I estimate the max Evasion rate anyone could get is about 30-40% with both 99 Defence and Armor Bonus.

~Bomb~

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think barrows armour is overpowered. You have to repair it from time to time, and it is just defensive (for the melee armour). The Verac and Guthan Sets are not very accurate.

The thing I hate is the high price for good equipment with low requirements. For example Bandos armour has nice strenght bonuses, but It should at least require 70 defence and 70 strength because the Armadyl armour needs 70 defence and 70 range.

If I would be jagex, I would introduce an armour and weapon gear for 85+ stats.

For example a high hitting weapon requirering a quest, 85+ attack and strength.

The melee armoury should have good strength bonuses and good defence stats with 85+ defence and strength requirements and a quest.

To many people stop training defence at level 70 or 80, and same with attack and continue training strength till 99.

A new affordable shield would also be nice. The price difference between the dragons square shield and a DFS is to much, and recharging the Crystal shield is also too expensive.

As you see, I am not a rich player, but I would like to get my hands on better gear. I hate it when players about 20 levels lower then me run around with equipment 4 times more worth then all my stuff. :evil:

We need more good combat equipment as a quest reward like the dragon square shield was ages ago.

everyone seems to be complaining about if new armour comes out its gunna be expensive.

wat i think jagex need to do is release a new shop maybe in the warriors guild selling new armours and weapons for 80+ and 90+ stats

and cap the price for full armour at 5mil for 80+ n 10-20m for 90+.

this way if u have the stats u will have easy acces to the new armour/weapons.

aswell as this they could release a new type of armour which has 3 different classes, heavy, medium and light, which could have special abilities, for example light armour could increase speed or accuracy, medium could increase str, and heavy could reduce damage.

this would provide good armours for all styles of melee.

This would be awesome. :thumbsup:
bannerzi.gif

everyone seems to be complaining about if new armour comes out its gunna be expensive.

wat i think jagex need to do is release a new shop maybe in the warriors guild selling new armours and weapons for 80+ and 90+ stats

That's downright absurd, considering how much of the high-level equipment in existence cost in excess of 10m. They're high-level equipment, so they should be hard to access. Anything less than 1 billion gp for a full set of 90+ armor would be underpriced.

People shouldn't ask for level 80 and 90 equipment and expect it to be anything but incomprehensibly expensive. There is level 70 equipment that cost over 10m; a level 80 equivalent should cost 5-10 times that, and level 90 would have to be even more expensive.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

That's downright absurd, considering how much of the high-level equipment in existence cost in excess of 10m. They're high-level equipment, so they should be hard to access. Anything less than 1-2 billion gp for a full set of 90+ armor would be severely underpriced.

People shouldn't ask for level 80 and 90 equipment and expect it to be anything but incomprehensibly expensive. There is level 70 equipment that cost over 10m; a level 80 equivalent should cost 5-10 times that, and level 90 would have to be even more expensive.

The fact is that getting much money does not dependent on the combat level. If you do not believe me, look all these level 3 skillers. So there are plenty high cbt level players with not so much money (like me). So, there should be quest with high combat requirements to get/wear high combat level gear like with many dragon weapons and the dragon square shield (they where high level stuff, now I would say they are medium level stuff). Same with the skillers, for example an epic new universal tool gets released, there should be a quest which requires high non-combat skills. I hope you now know what I mean.

There is so much non-combat stuff to show your richness, like the pHats, H'Masks and the Santa Hat.

The point is that rs is starting to turn all about money. so the armour should be achieved by and alternative way then buying it, per example a quest, guild, certain accomplishments.
Thats what I mean, Jagex starts releasing expensive stuff (like the spirit shields and 3rd age armour) so that people play more to get money to buy it. I hate that only thoses addicted freaks can afford the good stuff!!! :evil:
bannerzi.gif

The point is that rs is starting to turn all about money. so the armour should be achieved by and alternative way then buying it, per example a quest, guild, certain accomplishments.

Up untill now, nearly every armour CAN be achieved without buying it. Want a bandos chestplate? Do Bandos GWD till you get one. Want dragon platebody? Do the quest and kill tormented demons for 2 more lumps. Want an elysian spirit shield? Go on a corp team and stay there for years. Want a 3a plate? Do clues till you drop (hehe, this can take a while).

The armour is expensive cause it's hard to get, but it IS obtainable. Now, for lvl 80 or 90 gear, I think that armour should be EVEN HARDER to get. What would be the point of a bandos chestplate when they release a lvl 80 equivalent (non degradeable, etc) with better stats and which can be bought in a quest shop for 2M.

Adding an armour that requires lvl 99 and making it easily accessible is another thing, since getting 99 in itself is already pretty hard. But lvl 80, c'mon...

There will always be the cheap barrow alternative, which is still VERY good.

Now, onto something else, that's been said already too: We DONT need better armour or weapons, IN PVP.

Better weapons (higher hitting)? We are already able to KO somebody in 2 seconds (if we are lucky)

Better armour? Fights are already 0 0 0 50 0 0 39 0 0 75 KO. Don't make it 0 0 0 0 0 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 *get's bored and logs off)

More accurate weapons? Hmm, that sounds interesting. I love the accuracy of SC daggers in SC, and as long as the weapon wouldn't hit too high, it wouldn't be another KO tool.

Now, for PvM: ALL bosses besides corporal beast have been solo'd. Still, you are asking for better gear to solo those monsters, which were probably meant to be killed in a team, even more easily. WTF

I do agree that there should be higher lvl content for combat. But I fear they already gave us too much at too low lvls. IMO they should have made barrows require 80 defence, godsword require 85 attack, whip requiring 80 attack etc. That's where they belong (looking at how they are obtained).

If it wasn't noticed at beginning it should be now.

The higher level content should not be used at PVP!

Why does it always have to be about PVP....

Everyone keep saying same thing about higher weapons "We already have that, and we can already easily KO Someone (Player)"

I do agree that there should be higher lvl content for combat. But I fear they already gave us too much at too low lvls. IMO they should have made barrows require 80 defence, godsword require 85 attack, whip requiring 80 attack etc. That's where they belong (looking at how they are obtained).
I agree with the requirements.

But I think there is one thing you did not understand what Kolgan wrote.

He meant things that connot be bought/worn no matter how rich you are. This is fair, because so many people got rich because they're lucky* and buy their high level equipment.

*For example a player got 2 draconig Visages at his first black dragon trip. :shock: Others are getting 3rd age armoury at their second clue scroll. Other ones get a Santa hat from a dropparty. I was so often at GWD, done level 3 Clue Scrolls, killing thousands of black, iron and steel dragons, and best I got was a d skirt and d legs. :roll:

EDIT:

Everyone keep saying same thing about higher weapons "We already have that, and we can already easily KO Someone (Player)"

It would be awesome if they make the PvP gear lasting for ever, but it can onyl equiped in PvP worlds (like P2P stuff cannot equiped/used in F2P). Then high level armoury 80+ and 90+ which can only be used in PvE (or PvM as some call it). The Corruped 20+ PvP gear should then last for 1 hour.
bannerzi.gif

I am all in for hard work>leading to great items.

Take the Castle wars "Decorative" armors for example.

The gold one is so hard! #-o

It's just to show off :D

Yes i know that lol, but i meant the hard work to get it is big. :thumbup:

But it has 0 use, and I've seen a grand total of 1 person in game with a full set - not a very good investment of time on Jagex's part. If the platebody had, say, +8 strength bonus, it would be a hot item.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

But it has 0 use, and I've seen a grand total of 1 person in game with a full set - not a very good investment of time on Jagex's part. If the platebody had, say, +8 strength bonus, it would be a hot item.

Jesus....you think that i mean the items should be the castle wars gold set?

I mean to obtain a great item with great stats (Weapon or armour) it shouldn't be a drop, but rather obtained through hardwork like the one you need to do for the Castle wars gold set armor!.

I realised that but I still wanted to point it out again.

Note i did add a part about pvm too, but you obviously ignored that one...

So again: I think the current armours and weapons are more than good enough for the current monsters. (but who knows about future monsters)

I realised that but I still wanted to point it out again.

Note i did add a part about pvm too, but you obviously ignored that one...

So again: I think the current armours and weapons are more than good enough for the current monsters. (but who knows about future monsters)

Sorry for that, but you are like 5th person to say that about PVP. And yes me ignoring the part about PvM is true, but wasn't mean in bad way. I knew i should have kept on reading lol.

But i disagree, we need more equipment for high levels if not armours (As we got alot of those), then weapons...

Shame they didn't make PVP ones non degredable and released it for all kind of killing. I know those weapons are awesome. Imagen Statius warhammer for waterfiends \'

The power issue of these new weapons would definately be unfair...Im thinking of a balance which would be something like , a really fast weapon with moderate stats like a dagger with the speed of getting 2 hits off in the time of a normal attack of a d scimmy making sure its max hit is nothing above 25 at 99 str or a really powerful hammer which is 2x the slowness of a 2h but makes up for it with unbeleiveable strength and accuracy and doesn't pass a 70 hit mark... At this point in the game I think its the end though... any better weps would disrupt the game and better armors would require better weapons which would require more hp. Its just a loop until everyone is one hitting each other or new weapons are created but with unique abilites and not just weapons which are over powered.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Random idea totaly different to all the rest (i think), how about an armour which boosts your hitpoints recovery fairly high :thumbsup: . This would mean that you would be able to heal most of the damage before they next hit you (maybe your max health divided by twelve and heal this every second) a lvl 99 health would heal about 25 damage every 3 seconds. Brilliant for 1v1 because their opponent would constantly have to hit high damage, but when fighting a group would be useless as the damage would quickly stack up.

So high defence for groups High healing for 1 on 1

Random idea totaly different to all the rest (i think), how about an armour which boosts your hitpoints recovery fairly high :thumbsup: . This would mean that you would be able to heal most of the damage before they next hit you (maybe your max health divided by twelve and heal this every second) a lvl 99 health would heal about 25 damage every 3 seconds. Brilliant for 1v1 because their opponent would constantly have to hit high damage, but when fighting a group would be useless as the damage would quickly stack up.

Thats a pretty stupid idea, every boss would be doable WITHOUT ANY form of food what so ever, people could honestly camp any boss with that armour + bunyip/unicorn/titan... the price of all godswords would crash along with spirit shields, and the armor would be REDICULOUSLY high priced. :/

Sumondskull6.png

Thats a pretty stupid idea, every boss would be doable WITHOUT ANY form of food what so ever, people could honestly camp any boss with that armour + bunyip/unicorn/titan... the price of all godswords would crash along with spirit shields, and the armor would be REDICULOUSLY high priced. :/

Not if it's only PvP... Yeah, not such a good idea in PvM, but in PvP it would pwn, and in a good way.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I'd really like some new high level items. It's kind of dull that the best weapons and armor for the past several years has been the abyssal whip and barrows armor. :|

I'd really love to see some new, high-level, lowish-defense, damage resistance armor. They've already done this with items like elysian/divine shields but... good lord, those things cost over 1 BILLION gold streetprice! They're way too rare to ever be used by that many people.

Though if they do release damage res armor, all of it needs to be based on PERCENT. I've seen far too many games where high levels were extremely OP compared to lower levels because all the lower level ever managed was a "1" or a miss... -.-

I'd really love to see some new, high-level, lowish-defense, damage resistance armor. They've already done this with items like elysian/divine shields but... good lord, those things cost over 1 BILLION gold streetprice! They're way too rare to ever be used by that many people.

Dude, 1 billion is 1000 millions, meaning 1.000.000.000 coins. I think you meant 100 millions =)

There is an easy way to make PvP armour usefull. Just make it last forever, but only useable in PvP worlds.

And new 120+ combat gear without K0ing people with 1-2 hits is also not hard. Just make it non-useable in PvP worlds and PvP minigames.

Maybe this will happen someday :pray:

bannerzi.gif

Dude, 1 billion is 1000 millions, meaning 1.000.000.000 coins. I think you meant 100 millions =)

There is an easy way to make PvP armour usefull. Just make it last forever, but only useable in PvP worlds.

And new 120+ combat gear without K0ing people with 1-2 hits is also not hard. Just make it non-useable in PvP worlds and PvP minigames.

Maybe this will happen someday :pray:

No, He means 1 Billion. (yes 1000m, not 100m..)

And the PvP armor suggestion is moronic. I'd just get a group of friends, all grab a statius set, and camp bandos (or insert boss here) in a PvP world. A group of people in statius + Vesta Longs would rip through bandos (or other) much easier than normal.. and no ones going to go try to pk one alone.. they'd just pile the person...

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I know what you mean. well, we can solve this...

You just cannot take any PvP gear to an area which is there for PvM.

So, let's say any Area including Bosses (except the Chaos Elemental, because it is in the deep wildy).

And well, when Jagex will release PvM gear which is better then PvP gear, they can use this PvM gear at GWD.

I don't see any other problems with this idea...

bannerzi.gif

perhaps jagex should give some untradable but powerful weapon to people who get 99 in combat stats....personally i would prefer that over the skill cape although the capes do look good it is rather pathetic that the best non-degradable weapon (godsword) requires only level 75 to wield especially if you look at the amount of experience required to reach level 75 compared with 99.

if pkers especially pures complain that this is unfair perhaps jagex can ensure that the weapons are only used against monsters and not players. i would like to see a weapon that can hit 60 or 70+ consistently with 99 attack and strength and it would be good if such weapons were only used against monsters + they are untradable because being untradable will allow everyone who gets to a certain combat level or 99 in a combat skill to get their hands on one instead of allowing only the rich to have them. at the same time the prices of weapons such as godswords will not fall too heavily if these new weapons cannot be used in PvP.

of course in order for the prices of the other weapons not to drop too steeply the requirements for getting these powerful weapons must be set much higher such as 99 in attack strength and def at least (which imo is achievable for most people). following the assumption that most people who have maxed out combat will not be training much anymore unless they are doing slayer (so perhaps there should be a slayer requirement too), the introduction of these weapons will not result in lower levels being at too much a disadvantage while training on monsters such as yaks, fire giants, dust devils etc.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png