Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

PVP items and what they can do is incredible. But then again for the price of it, it's ridiculous. The reason is that they last few minutes to a hour and then they turn into dust (If you didn't know that).

When i saw PVP items in Runescape Knowledgebase and the stats i was amazed...

But later i found out it was to good to be true. Now thing is, as a player who loves melee i love to get new items to improve my offense and my defense.

I recently had bandos chest and tasset with dfs to use (Since i had cash which won't help me nothing staying in bank), and i used them for a good while. I also sold my torag plate and leg as i needed to clean bank.

Then i sold dfs, bandos chest and tasset and i am down to rune plate+leg and killing at dust devils. I did not find so great difference between the armors, though the expensive one could help alot at high level monsters.

Anyhow to my point: I want Jagex to release useful armor and weapons that can take us to the next level. Since we can't get past 99 attack,strenght, defense and hp...it's time for some high leveled armor and weapons that's not overpowered but yet is better than the ones we got now.

Jagex gave us PVP, so annoying. Corrupt lasts 15 min and non corrupt for a hour and then they turn into dust after that time. I heard from someone that even if you wear a item and then un-equip it the time will tick still...

So i am back to my old rune plate and leg which i used at level 80-100. And i am combat 138, and believe it or not they do the job despite the incredible low price for them.

Dragon plate: a bad item released (Good dragon tradition but bad item for the combat lovers)

Bandos full: Very decent gear and deserves respect for looks+use, but you don't get a great advantage if you wear this or rune leg/plate. Maybe at low levels, but then again this is supposed to be high level armor isn't it?

PVP Items: Does someone actually use these? A big update used and yet a big waste.

Spirit shields: They cost 50m-130M. They are good i gotta admit, but it's not so offensive shields, more defensive. They are items i gotta say is useful but the price makes me sick.

From my view Jagex should release more items with such good defense as bandos/armadyl armour but with a good use. More offensive items i would say.

For example i would love to see a item that would let me hit 60+ fairly often , even if the price tag was 100m i would work my way to get it.

What's you think of recent armours released, and do you want more similar ones like this? If not, then what kind ones.

P.S: I wish they released Dragon pickaxe rather Dragon plate, that way skillers would be happy.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad part is that barrows is so incredibly overpowered. I mentioned this in an earlier thread - melee PVP has become 0-0-0-0-0-(high hit)-0-0-0-(high hit)-0

What I think we need is a major reduction in defensive stats and max hits to make combat lower hitting but more accurate, so it relied on actual damage output not a lucky 1 hit KO. Then we can talk about adding cool new items. The 'power race' is getting ahead of itself here, although Jagex is helping with items like bandos that take the focus off pure defence\offence.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The point of PVP gear, I think, was that you get it as a drop, then use it to continue PKing until it runs out, not for constant use.

I still think what we have is enough. Weapons like the AGS and Dragon Claws can potentially get kills from near 70 HP, if not more.

What high combat would need is more defensive items, like the spirit shields, but reasonable to get without extreme luck at killing a monster that isn't yet possible to solo.

I'd think weapons like the Ivandis Flail or Keris would be good for high levels. Generally, they improve with use or are more powerful against a certain kind of enemy.

I'm not a high level player, though with 85 attack, I'd like to see something more for the upper levels. I just don't think players could survive them :lol: . We don't have enough hitpoints.

I agree that they need better amour but they really should change the PVP amour so it doesn't corrupt and is only useable on a PVP world. They should make a new high level amour that is non-tradeble so you have to do a quest etc. and replacing it could be expinsive.

eh I sorta agree with you. I know what you mean, when I get to the higher levels then I am now, I too would like some decenter items to accompany it. Bandos is so good but so cheap its not even worth it... but gear that would let you hit 60+ often for around 100m is definately not fair...it would be abused at pvp and soul wars, castle wars, etc. I agree though there should be powerfuler gear for higher levels but not that strong... maybe around 30-40+ but it shouldn't be too cheat or too overpowered and it shouldn't be cheap...around 100m+ like you said because loads of people just noob grind and get high levels...its not fair for people who earn there levels the hard way.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Not a bad idea because a experienced lv 100 can have the same equiptment as a 138. But I dont think new maxes should be involved. Melee is bad slow, inacurate, and powerful. it is part of the combat triangle.

And I agree corrupt dragon weapons and other pvp weapons suck.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

Well in PVP you might need reduction but at bosses, i don't know about that...

You get hit hard as it is at bosses. =D>

Bosses are unique. Most places, like bandos, defence really isn't all that important - his range attack will hit over 3/4ths of the time, even on maxed range defence, yet I've had him splash 5 times in a row on void. Bosses are so powerful that only prayer can stop them; a better alternative would be a low stat, hit reducing armor.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

eh I sorta agree with you. I know what you mean, when I get to the higher levels then I am now, I too would like some decenter items to accompany it. Bandos is so good but so cheap its not even worth it... but gear that would let you hit 60+ often for around 100m is definately not fair...it would be abused at pvp and soul wars, castle wars, etc. I agree though there should be powerfuler gear for higher levels but not that strong... maybe around 30-40+ but it shouldn't be too cheat or too overpowered and it shouldn't be cheap...around 100m+ like you said because loads of people just noob grind and get high levels...its not fair for people who earn there levels the hard way.

That i know, i was gonna say they could make it so players could use it at monsters only :thumbup:

Bosses are unique. Most places, like bandos, defence really isn't all that important - his range attack will hit over 3/4ths of the time, even on maxed range defence, yet I've had him splash 5 times in a row on void. Bosses are so powerful that only prayer can stop them; a better alternative would be a low stat, hit reducing armor.

I am for offensive items <3:

So maybe something between Dragon and whatever you want to call the 70 tier in stats, but it gets to the 80-90 range against 400+ monsters?

I don't understand what you mean...explain please.

Your talking about offensive items that let you hit higher - I'm talking about the opposite :lol:

All max hits and defence bonuses should be halved. Then we can talk about weapons\armor that hit higher and armor that absorbs damage.

DeviledEgg24.png

Your talking about offensive items that let you hit higher - I'm talking about the opposite :lol:

All max hits and defence bonuses should be halved. Then we can talk about weapons\armor that hit higher and armor that absorbs damage.

All i know, Jagex could make better items than Dragon plate, PVP weapons/armor...

I am pretty sure most people would choose Torag armoury/Bandos over PVP and Dragon plate and Whip/godsword over PVP weps.

What we need are items that give bonuses when used against monsters only.

Could also tie it in with a slayer update aswell, but the items would need to be made PvM only.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

All i know, Jagex could make better items than Dragon plate, PVP weapons/armor...

I am pretty sure most people would choose Torag armoury/Bandos over PVP and Dragon plate and Whip/godsword over PVP weps.

What about it? That indicates that torags is overpowered, not that other armor is underpowered. The power race has simply gotten out of hand. They need to step back and take a long look at weapon\armor power.

As for PVP, the price is still dropping. Who's to say that it won't fall to 100-200k and be widely used?

DeviledEgg24.png

even though im only lvl 95, i agree. there isnt enough high level armor for high levels. but theres no need for a weapon that hits 60+ consistently. thats just asking too much. 2 hit kO is not needed when we have the ice blitz + ags + g maul combo that takes ~3 sec.

what we need is some level 85 defence armor/weapons. this stuff could be better than dragon but not as good as barrows (assuming theres enough room for significant imrovement over dragon but not anywhere near barrows) because barrows should always be the best melee armor. im not sure about the thing with degrading, but the armor could add some str/prayer boost to compensate for the lack of defence boost compared to barrows. but definitely no damage reduction armor, as then other armors will have no purpose. all armors are there for a reason, so you cant really have one "supreme" armor that trumps all.

as for the weapon, it should be comparable to the godsword. maybe slightly weaker (like 110 str) and as fast as a whip. that would be great.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

What we need are items that give bonuses when used against monsters only.

Could also tie it in with a slayer update aswell, but the items would need to be made PvM only.

Yeah that sounds good very good.

What about it? That indicates that torags is overpowered, not that other armor is underpowered. The power race has simply gotten out of hand. They need to step back and take a long look at weapon\armor power.

As for PVP, the price is still dropping. Who's to say that it won't fall to 100-200k and be widely used?

Torags cost cash to repair and in long term despite you earn cash back to repair it and more, you still loose cash..

Using barrow equipment is like paying cash to rent.

Boss specific weapons sound interesting, but as you mentioned earlier they shouldn't be for regular training - it's already far too easy to get 99. What your really asking for is easier ways to defeat boss monsters; why not tone down the defence instead of making new ubierly powered weapons?

In all honesty, I think boss monsters are fine how they are - a little on the easy side if anything, aside from the CB.

DeviledEgg24.png

Games are made to be updated through new items and skills, and methods...

Not through fixing some numbers and BOOF, boss is lowered defense. Now whip will work.

I know this as i played a other game, which went down the drain. Later i saw in a private server ( which i didn't play but observed), that they had made some bosses stronger and some weaker and things like that.

It really didn't seem fun to me, just seemed "fake". Then again the game was a private server, so they didn't have new bosses to release, so they tried to make the current ones exciting but honestly it didn't seem that way.

¨

even though im only lvl 95, i agree. there isnt enough high level armor for high levels. but theres no need for a weapon that hits 60+ consistently. thats just asking too much. 2 hit kO is not needed when we have the ice blitz + ags + g maul combo that takes ~3 sec.

what we need is some level 85 defence armor/weapons. this stuff could be better than dragon but not as good as barrows (assuming theres enough room for significant imrovement over dragon but not anywhere near barrows) because barrows should always be the best melee armor. im not sure about the thing with degrading, but the armor could add some str/prayer boost to compensate for the lack of defence boost compared to barrows. but definitely no damage reduction armor, as then other armors will have no purpose. all armors are there for a reason, so you cant really have one "supreme" armor that trumps all.

as for the weapon, it should be comparable to the godsword. maybe slightly weaker (like 110 str) and as fast as a whip. that would be great.

Non PVP.

What's the difference between making a weapon hit more often on a certain boss, or making that boss get hit more often? Right now we have an overbalance of power, shifted to high hitting, low accuracy. This needs to be corrected, not further accentuated with overpowered weapons and armor.

DeviledEgg24.png

What's the difference between making a weapon hit more often on a certain boss, or making that boss get hit more often? Right now we have an overbalance of power, shifted to high hitting, low accuracy. This needs to be corrected, not further accentuated with overpowered weapons and armor.

The difference is that the game don't get new items/monsters. It's comparable to skills.

Example, you get all 99 in all skills. Then you are waiting for a new skill with new stuff etc...

Same thing is how i look at it, new weapon with new look and new stats and damaging. It's not fun to use a item or do a skill over and over again..

New offensive damaging for combat lovers should be introduced with new items from my view. If they tweaked the weapons to be better or made the monsters be lowered defense then we wouldn't get new monsters or items ingame and we would be stuck with same thing.

New offensive damaging for combat lovers should be introduced with new items from my view. If they tweaked the weapons to be better or made the monsters be lowered defense then we wouldn't get new monsters or items ingame and we would be stuck with same thing.

What of it? Right now weapons and armor are VASTLY overpowered. PVP has become a joke; as mentioend before, I can deal out over 200 damage with claws in under 2 seconds; the max in a single hit is 118. If you include vengance you could (technically) hit over 180 damage in a single shot with accurate weapons.

Hence why weapons\armor should be severely nerfed before we build up.

DeviledEgg24.png

how about this:

slash/crush type weapon, 95 atk/str to wield, 2 handed, 30 kg, god-based

str bonus 200

prayer bonus 10

slash atk -45

crush atk -35

max hit would be like 90+ with extra bonuses from armor, but it would be very hard to get a hit at all. special attack could be a 60 level boost to atk and str (like the DBA, full drain), and that would help it to hit or something?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

how about this:

slash/crush type weapon, 95 atk/str to wield, 2 handed, 30 kg, god-based

str bonus 200

prayer bonus 10

slash atk -45

crush atk -35

max hit would be like 90+ with extra bonuses from armor, but it would be very hard to get a hit at all. special attack could be a 60 level boost to atk and str (like the DBA, full drain), and that would help it to hit or something?

I was planning to suggest a wespon like that. Also a weapon with 200-300 attack bonuses, but negative strength maybe?

What of it? Right now weapons and armor are VASTLY overpowered. PVP has become a joke; as mentioend before, I can deal out over 200 damage with claws in under 2 seconds; the max in a single hit is 118. If you include vengance you could (technically) hit over 180 damage in a single shot with accurate weapons.

Hence why weapons\armor should be severely nerfed before we build up.

I don't think you would hit that much damage with claw on a boss and that damage you do is not always that high. This is not about PvP, but PvM. But i do hopes so that when Jagex releases next bosses that they also release bunch of useful armor and weapons that really helps alot.

Like whip....

You say you want armor/weapons that are both not overpowered, and yet better than what we have now? You also say that Barrows is overpowered.

How do you make something better than overpowered armor - but not overpowered itself?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+