Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

What about a rapier as a weapon, yes there is already one but I mean bronze-dragon, makes sense as a perfect weapon for high attack but low strength. It would also be interesting as it would be a very fast melee weapon with a hopefully low max hit.

Katana's from the eastern lands also provide an interesting outlet. Two handed and agile weapons, there strength bonus would be weak due to their purpose of being used on leather instead of plate armor.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say you want armor/weapons that are both not overpowered, and yet better than what we have now? You also say that Barrows is overpowered.

How do you make something better than overpowered armor - but not overpowered itself?

I haven't said barrows are overpowered, and if i did then it was a mistake/typo. But Compfreak did.

What about a rapier as a weapon, yes there is already one but I mean bronze-dragon, makes sense as a perfect weapon for high attack but low strength. It would also be interesting as it would be a very fast melee weapon with a hopefully low max hit.

Katana's from the eastern lands also provide an interesting outlet. Two handed and agile weapons, there strength bonus would be weak due to their purpose of being used on leather instead of plate armor.

That sounds like a good idea to work on but since it would be used on leather (Players who use them mostly), that means the weapon is for PvP?

Because i doubt we would hit well on a boss, unless the weapon was very accurate yet low hits.

What is the difference between making a weapon more accurate and lowering a monsters defence? If you add new boss-only weapons, bosses will become easier to kill - the exact same thing could be accomplished by lowing their defence.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

What is the difference between making a weapon more accurate and lowering a monsters defence? If you add new boss-only weapons, bosses will become easier to kill - the exact same thing could be accomplished by lowing their defence.

It's better to get a new weapon that with a new look and is a suitable change than the ones we have used for so long. But there's no difference though.

You grow tired of same weapon you know...

So why don't they just update the whip in a variety of rainbow colors? Your asking for a new weapon to replace the whip that does the exact same thing but 'looks different'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That sounds like a good idea to work on but since it would be used on leather (Players who use them mostly), that means the weapon is for PvP?

Because i doubt we would hit well on a boss, unless the weapon was very accurate yet low hits

It would be an accurate and quick but weak by comparsion weapon. The comment about leather is an historical thing, the Japanese never used plate armor, so their swords focus on being fast while providing enough strength to go through leather. This is opposed to the claymore which is slower but designed to cut through plate. The rapier would be a one handed fast but weak weapon, the katana would be a two handed very accurate weapon, but would have weaker hits then other 2h's

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

So why don't they just update the whip in a variety of rainbow colors? Your asking for a new weapon to replace the whip that does the exact same thing but 'looks different'.

If the defence were lowered + a new weapon with same stats as whip but new looks...then yes that's what i would be asking.

But no i am asking for a new weapon with new stats that makes hits through defence, a very accurate weapon with low damage for example.

But no i am asking for a new weapon with new stats that makes hits through defence, a very accurate weapon with low damage for example.

What's the difference between frequent, low hits and rarer, high ones? We already have that with whip and a godsword, very close in terms of damage dealt. Either way, only the cheaper weapon would be used.

DeviledEgg24.png

What's the difference between frequent, low hits and rarer, high ones? We already have that with whip and a godsword, very close in terms of damage dealt. Either way, only the cheaper weapon would be used.

That was just a example of how a weapon can be, i am not plotting all new weapons.

And a low hit to me is 10-20 damage, and if that's accurate...i would use that than a whip.

But if it deals more damage per minute, your just asking for more powerful weapons\less powerful bosses. If it deals the same damage as whip, it will always be used if it is cheaper and never if it is more expensive. If it deals less then whip, it will never be used.

DeviledEgg24.png

But if it deals more damage per minute, your just asking for more powerful weapons\less powerful bosses. If it deals the same damage as whip, it will always be used if it is cheaper and never if it is more expensive. If it deals less then whip, it will never be used.

Yep.

as for the weapon, it should be comparable to the godsword. maybe slightly weaker (like 110 str) and as fast as a whip. that would be great.

A whip-speed weapon with 110 strength bonus would be far, FAR superior to a godsword.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

as for the weapon, it should be comparable to the godsword. maybe slightly weaker (like 110 str) and as fast as a whip. that would be great.

A whip-speed weapon with 110 strength bonus would be far, FAR superior to a godsword.

Well we are talking about high level weapons...

you want more high level weapons? i mite think about posting my ideas for 5 more godswords...i get so bored in study hall i type away blabs on my ipod touch's notes app with stats and specials and cost and method of obtaining and story behind it and such. 2 of them are mahjarrat godsword and zaro godsword.

if ur interested let me know and ill post here :oops:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well For a start I totally Disagree with you about needing new armors

Firstly We have perfect amours out right now and your saying that rune is equal to that of bandos? Why your completely wrong, Even though that defense bonus of bandos is about 10+ higher then rune that is alot in the long run, + with the added capability of 3 or 4 Str bonus which is equal to buying a zerker ring (2m) Paying that extra bit is nothing considering if you add up seperate items they all add up to nearly the same price.

Secondly Elysian Shield is wayyyy Overpowered as it is but it comes with a excellent price tag that only wealth people may use, As I see you comparing Rune with Bandos Why dont you think thats a sickening price? Even with a few Extra bonuses as you said, But Elysian Shield is worth the price if you cant afford it work for it dont just go around saying things is expensive until you actually use it. And as it is a normal rune set has over 220 Defense Bonus, Now go get an any Godsword and you see it as 132 Slash or w/e and tell me that there is like a 50 Percent chance hit.. Also not including the your strength level or your attack level, as with Torag its going to be in the high 300's, Whips attack bonus is around 80 and with that it will become a 1/4 hit chance.. Think about it really..

Lastly If your so critical on PVP Armors How about Barrows? They both degrade but one has a higher bonus and higher price? I know your maxed and all, but maybe spending a bit more time skilling, Making money and buying the armors to try it out will teach you something about Quality.

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

Except it's only usable on boss monsters? Explain again why you can't just lower boss monster defence... :|

DeviledEgg24.png

What we need are items that give bonuses when used against monsters only.

Could also tie it in with a slayer update aswell, but the items would need to be made PvM only.

Yeah that sounds good very good.

All i know, Jagex could make better items than Dragon plate, PVP weapons/armor...

I am pretty sure most people would choose Torag armoury/Bandos over PVP and Dragon plate and Whip/godsword over PVP weps.

What about it? That indicates that torags is overpowered, not that other armor is underpowered. The power race has simply gotten out of hand. They need to step back and take a long look at weapon\armor power.

As for PVP, the price is still dropping. Who's to say that it won't fall to 100-200k and be widely used?

Torags cost cash to repair and in long term despite you earn cash back to repair it and more, you still loose cash..

Using barrow equipment is like paying cash to rent.

Barrows barely costs anything. Full repair from 0 for all 4 items costs what? 330k? Repairing from a repair stand lowers the cost SUBSTANTIALLY. Plus, what are you killing anyway? Unless you never get a kill in pvp or monsters ALWAYS 100% drop nothing, you WILL make the cash back. (You use what? 7.5k-10k in repairs in an average Slayer task?)

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

What we need are items that give bonuses when used against monsters only.

Could also tie it in with a slayer update aswell, but the items would need to be made PvM only.

Yeah that sounds good very good.

All i know, Jagex could make better items than Dragon plate, PVP weapons/armor...

I am pretty sure most people would choose Torag armoury/Bandos over PVP and Dragon plate and Whip/godsword over PVP weps.

What about it? That indicates that torags is overpowered, not that other armor is underpowered. The power race has simply gotten out of hand. They need to step back and take a long look at weapon\armor power.

As for PVP, the price is still dropping. Who's to say that it won't fall to 100-200k and be widely used?

Torags cost cash to repair and in long term despite you earn cash back to repair it and more, you still loose cash..

Using barrow equipment is like paying cash to rent.

Barrows barely costs anything. Full repair from 0 for all 4 items costs what? 330k? Repairing from a repair stand lowers the cost SUBSTANTIALLY. Plus, what are you killing anyway? Unless you never get a kill in pvp or monsters ALWAYS 100% drop nothing, you WILL make the cash back. (You use what? 7.5k-10k in repairs in an average Slayer task?)

Did i say that barrow compared to rune plate don't have so great difference in defense?

Except it's only usable on boss monsters? Explain again why you can't just lower boss monster defence... :|

because then lower levels can attempt bosses because they wont need such a high atk/str level to hit them.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

because then lower levels can attempt bosses because they wont need such a high atk/str level to hit them.

So basically you want new weapons for level 120s+, designed to... help low levels? o_O Boss monsters are hard to hit for a reason.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Well For a start I totally Disagree with you about needing new armors

Firstly We have perfect amours out right now and your saying that rune is equal to that of bandos? Why your completely wrong, Even though that defense bonus of bandos is about 10+ higher then rune that is alot in the long run, + with the added capability of 3 or 4 Str bonus which is equal to buying a zerker ring (2m) Paying that extra bit is nothing considering if you add up seperate items they all add up to nearly the same price.

Secondly Elysian Shield is wayyyy Overpowered as it is but it comes with a excellent price tag that only wealth people may use, As I see you comparing Rune with Bandos Why dont you think thats a sickening price? Even with a few Extra bonuses as you said, But Elysian Shield is worth the price if you cant afford it work for it dont just go around saying things is expensive until you actually use it. And as it is a normal rune set has over 220 Defense Bonus, Now go get an any Godsword and you see it as 132 Slash or w/e and tell me that there is like a 50 Percent chance hit.. Also not including the your strength level or your attack level, as with Torag its going to be in the high 300's, Whips attack bonus is around 80 and with that it will become a 1/4 hit chance.. Think about it really..

Lastly If your so critical on PVP Armors How about Barrows? They both degrade but one has a higher bonus and higher price? I know your maxed and all, but maybe spending a bit more time skilling, Making money and buying the armors to try it out will teach you something about Quality.

Elysian cost 800M to 1.2 bill street price according to some people in forum...and even if i could get it: it would be only a shield.

And i am not talking about PvP equipment, equipment for boss and monster hunters. And i did say myself i wanted offensive armor, ones that make you hit more or more accurate.

Example: Dwarven helmet: +6 crush.

Yes i have tried Torag, Bandos over and over again. But i want high leveled armor and weapons:

Armors that's offensive

Weapons that's accurate yet not overpowered. Something better than Whip.

And the level requirement should be very high.

To be completely honest, I can see where you're coming from, I'm 99 attack and strength and I'll get defence and hp after I start going for them again. Like the Dragon Plate, they could alternatively make drops for people with only 99 in a stat, such as summoning with the Dragon Egg.. Which you could be taken to the skill masters who can make better items and/ or weapons..

Hudsonl23.png

Hudsonl23.png

DeviledEgg24.png

I made the post because there's so many good things you could add rather some useless one such as:

PVP, Dragon Plate body and so on.

I haven't thought it all out well. But i know i hope that they could release armour that's more offensive and a weapon better than whip.

As someone stated above....cause the lower levels will be able to do tougher monsters... and its not fair that people who didn't work "as hard" should be allowed to have the oppurtunity to kill monsters which people worked so hard to get the chance to kill. (This is supposed to help stronger characters not newbies)

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png