Time for armoury and weapons update for 120+ cb players?

Dire_Wolf

awww....i didnt get 100th post. anyways...

Rune Plate....

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 82

Slash 0 Slash 80

Crush 0 Crush 72

Magic -30 Magic -6

Range -10 Range 80

Summoning 40

Other

Strength 0 Prayer 0

Bandos Plate....

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 98

Slash 0 Slash 93

Crush 0 Crush 105

Magic -15 Magic -6

Range -10 Range 133

Summoning 52

Other

Strength 4 Prayer 1

Not much of a difference, at least not as big as i thought.

Paragon.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need more powerful weapons and armour, but more variation.

(We already have enough items to onehit most players)

Ever tought of more Abyssal weapons? We don't even have all Dragon weapons!

Also, there should be gear that can counter other weapons. Magic needs a rework too, but that's another topic.

It would already be cool if we could just get a wider selection of high-lvl-weapons. You have not much choice at all.

Want a fast accurate weapon? Take a Whip.

Want a slow powerful weapon? Take Godsword.

Want a good special? Take a GS, DDS, D Claws or Dark Bow. (Only 1 weapon that has a req above 70!)

Even the Saradomin Sword is just a rip-off from the whip. Imagine you could choose from about 20 lvl-70-weapons. That would be cool! Each weapon with its own use and they all act as a sort of counter for each other. (As I suggested, Abyssal weapons could be a solution or even a new metal?)

I think this will satisfy high-lvl players for some time. New toys bring hapiness! ^.^

Also, some sort of a raise of the HP cap could prove useful. (Allowing more powerful weapons to be released.)

bda2fcc662.png

On The Road To Graardor.

I agree that there should be some new higher level equipment that is not ungodly expensive like 60m+. (off topic rant)*I feel that jagex doomed the spirit shields to "3rd age limbo" after they changed the Corporal beast causing even the highest of players to only last 1-2 kills every load of sharks*

What i think needs to happen is that jagex release a new armour that doesn't cost as much as the highest and can be bought in a shop (maybe an extention of the warriors guild) that can only be wielded by players of 90+ attack/strength/defence depending on armour or weapons, this would eliminate being able to just buy the amour, you have to set a goal and reach it and would be a symbol of that much like the cape. The armour would have better defence than others because it has a higher lvl to wear it, and the weapons would hit more than others even the godswords (with no spec) because they require a higher lvl to weild them, it makes sense so why not do it?

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

What i think needs to happen is that jagex release a new armour that doesn't cost as much as the highest and can be bought in a shop (maybe an extention of the warriors guild) that can only be wielded by players of 90+ attack/strength/defence depending on armour or weapons, this would eliminate being able to just buy the amour, you have to set a goal and reach it and would be a symbol of that much like the cape. The armour would have better defence than others because it has a higher lvl to wear it, and the weapons would hit more than others even the godswords (with no spec) because they require a higher lvl to weild them, it makes sense so why not do it?

Because it would unbalance and devalue all current equipment?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I dnt think it would becos u have to be that lvl to use it making a more accesable goal for people rather than cape, and therefore more people should buy the "lower" armour (raising the price of this amour) in order to get the cheaper but better armour at 90+, in my opinion there are more pros than cons.

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

I think if Jagex did introduce some better defensive armor and more powerful offensive weapons they could avoid making the high level players mad about low level people having it easier to get higher levels by making the items stat requirements higher than they've been before. I'm talking 85+ defense, strength and attack to use the items, that way you have to be a very experienced player already to gain benefits from them. Whips and barrows armor would be the stepping stone to the higher tier items that you could use after your hard work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

I don't think we need any more higher level stuff at the moment. We need a better diversity of the weapons at the level 70 attack pier. Or any level pier. More DIVERSITY. More choices. Then start adding high level stuff.

Pretty much done with rs now

In stronger weapons weve reached a glass cealing. The spirit shields were released as counter to the gsses. this turned out to fail. Some stronger armour to counter the gs, and maybe allow stronger weapons? I do agree on the variation. and for the new stuff, dont make it easy buyable or a drop from lame bosses. A insanely hard quest and some hard reqs would work out better

greetz kolgan

With all the armor we have out there currently, there is one thing they still have room to improve on for higher level stuff.

Armor stats currently reduce accuracy. The higher the stats, the less chance an opponent will hit you.

What they should be doing is making high level armor, have only a slight increase in stats, but also start having a defensive strength reduction, making the opponent not hit quite as hard. The Spirit shields use this, but I think it could be extended to higher level armor in a much smaller dose. Things like that would remove the need for a HP cap raise, because while you do have more powerful weapons, you have armor which makes you get hit less damage, rather than just less often.

Raising the HP cap is a whole other discussion, but as many have pointed before, it simply wouldn't work since the HP system is all relative to % of HP a weapon can damage. (Eg. If a weapon hits 60/100 HP, changing it to a weapon hitting 120/200 does nothing)

dawnsigblue-3.png

new non PVP weps and amours are a good ideia, but that would call for better range and mage to keep in fair and that would most likely overpower everything on a hp basis so they would have to be below barrows or have bad range/mage defences

for all those people who said to make weps more accurate, not stronger is completely useless (keep a low str boost and a high accuracy boost [slash att bonus for whip's sake] and for god sake, stop training str and get att up so you can stop complaining about 0s..... try it, it works

agentkiller4.png

Perhaps a few new weapons only good in certain circumstances would be good? A weapon that rarely misses, but has a small, or even negative strength bonus would be good against bosses, but worthless as a PvP weapon because it cant KO. We probably have enough high-hitting, slow, inaccurate weapons already (GS, most specs, ect.).

Weapons that have higher stats when fighting monsters which lower when attacking another player would mean you could have more powerful weapons that would'nt upset the PvP balance.

Mabe weapons that change when you enter a PvP world to be less powerful that revert back when you enter a regular world? This would mean that they remain powerful during mini-games, but would not affect the balance on PvP worlds.

Really, we just have to wait and see what Jagex decides to release #-o

Madness is the logical adaptation to an illogical world

Nobody is perfect.

I am nobody

im 94 cb right now, still useing dragon whip and granite. there simply is nuthing for me that isent way way over my buget.

i do think some form of armour/wepon for 90+ attack/def should be added, or at least 80+ or something. so for once i have a reson to get any of my levels up for an armour and or wepon. and i do think many other people would be happy with that.

so wat i think about this is there just needs to be one new very-high level armour, as long as it degrades at least in 5 hours. if at all.

but on that note. if not a very high level armour why not a low but higher then rune armour. in remember sujesting one in betwen rune and dragon once, orichalcos i named it :ugeek:.

and another option, for the questers. maybe an armour after the Proselyte armour. the next armour will have the pray stats with an attack stats also. maybe something like +10 slash crush stab. or maybe something like that from an unrelated quest.

and another option, some form of ring/ammy, basicly a item insted of the armour and wepon its self. say an egsample, a new form of gem, making something like an "ammy of rage?" with +25 def in all stats +18 attack in all stats, but with mage at +15 so its not (way) over powering third age amy. or a ring of hope? something like that :ugeek: :ugeek:.

so all in all, some way or another, give us an over powered item that just has epicly high stats to use.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Raising the HP cap is a whole other discussion, but as many have pointed before, it simply wouldn't work since the HP system is all relative to % of HP a weapon can damage. (Eg. If a weapon hits 60/100 HP, changing it to a weapon hitting 120/200 does nothing)

Not necessarily. I like the idea of having two hitpoints per HP level, or something to that effect. At level 99 your HP would be 198.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In PvP, there's no focus on getting in a reliable amount of damage over time. You just take out your str boosting stuff, get a good spec weapon, and hope for an insanely high hit.

Weapons are already (for PvP) overpowered as it is, relative to hp. We really shouldn't add more powerful weapons, unless you want combat to be over in a second, decided by luck of the draw. What we need is an overhaul of the hitting ability v. hitpoints balance. Nerf hitting ability (maybe by 20%), buff exp gained (by maybe 25%). Make monster drops 25% better. That'll slow down the pace of combat.

Any additions to weapons or armor shouldn't increase hitting power, they should increase defence power. The spirit shields were the right idea, but Jagex didn't pull it off quite right. Maybe a defense-oriented weapon? A spell / enchantment that makes you invulnerable to the enemy's first hit and all damage in the next second (at the cost of prayer or something)? A summoning familiar that tanks for you? I'm imagining a moving cage with 1hp.

Or, instead of a +15% to defense prayer, a prayer that reduces enemy's max hit by 15%.

Perhaps some plate armor that also reduces enemy's max hit to 49? (this won't stop DDS or Dclaws spec, but still...)

A weapon that damages the opponent's stats, especially strength. I'm thinking something seercull-bow-style.

All this is making me see how we really need to get the focus off of hitting high and into hitting consistently.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

everyone seems to be complaining about if new armour comes out its gunna be expensive.

wat i think jagex need to do is release a new shop maybe in the warriors guild selling new armours and weapons for 80+ and 90+ stats

and cap the price for full armour at 5mil for 80+ n 10-20m for 90+.

this way if u have the stats u will have easy acces to the new armour/weapons.

aswell as this they could release a new type of armour which has 3 different classes, heavy, medium and light, which could have special abilities, for example light armour could increase speed or accuracy, medium could increase str, and heavy could reduce damage.

this would provide good armours for all styles of melee.

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

SMURPHSTER01.png

Remember, we are limited by the fact that we can only have 99 health (except for potions etc.) This means that a weapon that averages in the 60's could 2 hit people with out a spec or anything of the sort, or one hit them on a good strike. I find that unacceptable. First we need to have a way above 99 hp before we move on to huge hitting equipment.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

Yea, as it stand right now there cant be a weapon better then ags/claws as they can already 2 hit. The hp system needs a update, problem is more hp would make everything else easy.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

My blog to 99 slayer: Here

can anyone think of some good real weapons that were mostly defensive? The only thing I can think of is the ninja weapon that was a ring on a chain, used to "lasso" sword to disarm.

Stilettos, or something very similar to defenders.

A net. Reminds me of the fishnet-and-trident gladiator. (exists in the form of bind and ice spells, but still...)

Spears. It relies on range irl, but spears already exist in rs.

A pole, it relies on forming a "shield" of moving metal. Should have an agility requirement

Shields \' Imagine if we could use the obby shield as an offensive weapon

for more modern times:

pepper spray

mines

booby traps

machine guns / static defences

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.