New weps to balance out abbysal whip

quelmotz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to overpowered weapons are the corresponding armors. In this cases, it's bandos/barrows.

With what you're saying, it seems like you're only considering PvM combat. But when you consider PvP combat, you'll see that the whip is BALANCED. The defense of barrows (bandos to a lesser extent) outweighs the high attack bonuses.

So you're saying that whips are unfair toward monsters, who have no defense, or hardly anything in the way of monsters. Let's be honest, who cares about monsters? They're all destined to die one day when some kid kills them. The monsters aren't going to come in and complain, the players will. As long as players have armor which can match the weapon, neither is overpowered.

Of course, this isn't the case for pures. Pures will not have the advantage for armor to match weapons. But in my opinion, pures deserve no sympathy. Jagex did not create this game for pures, they created this game for balanced players. When a player decides to give up defense to gain an offensive advantage, then they will suffer for that choice. They may be strong, but they've given up a vital part of combat. Pures, essentially, manipulate the combat system. It's their fault that they can't wear strong armor, not Jagex's. It's their problem that they're stuck with iron or something, not Jagex's fault for creating strong weaps.

Why would you compare whip to ss or zammy spear when whip is one handed

Really, isn't it obvious? Do I have to state it in large block letters for you? Well, I will.

THE WHIP HAS ABOUT THE SAME STATS AS A SARADOMIN SWORD EVEN THOUGH IT IS ONE-HANDED.

Prove to me that the dps of a whip+rune defender combo is not the highest then.

Really, isn't it obvious? Do I have to state it in large block letters for you? Well, I will.

THE WHIP HAS ABOUT THE SAME STATS AS A SARADOMIN SWORD EVEN THOUGH IT IS ONE-HANDED.

Whoope. It has highest dps on a monster. That is SOOOO OVERPOWERED NERF NERF NERF.

You have what? 63 Attack? Good luck wielding a Whip. /Thread.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Whoope. It has highest dps on a monster. That is SOOOO OVERPOWERED NERF NERF NERF.

You have what? 63 Attack? Good luck wielding a Whip. /Thread.

Don't forget he's F2P too.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Because it can train strength and it can use Crush attack, which is invaluable at Waterfiends.

It doesn't compare on normal situations, but it has its uses. Add that with the fact that the whip is more common and you have the answer as to why the SS and ZS cost more.

Because it can train strength and it can use Crush attack, which is invaluable at Waterfiends.

It doesn't compare on normal situations, but it has its uses. Add that with the fact that the whip is more common and you have the answer as to why the SS and ZS cost more.

True, it can train strength, but some other weapons like Dragon Scimitar+defender are almost as effective as it in training strength.

So, it costs more because it is rarer, but even though it is rarer, it is weaker?? What!!

P.S. Don't tell me party hat is rarer but is rubbish in combat.

True, it can train strength, but some other weapons like Dragon Scimitar+defender are almost as effective as it in training strength.

So, it costs more because it is rarer, but even though it is rarer, it is weaker?? What!!

BUDDY. You can't WIELD A WHIP. Therefore your opinion is INVALID. No one is going to LISTEN TO YOU. Stop humiliating yourself.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

So you need to have cancer to have an opinion on it?

You can't love cancer. There is no opinion. Oh, and nice affirming the consequent fallacy.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

But for just training strength, it's the BEST. That's the thing. D scim+def may be cheaper, but it's weaker. People go to great extents to get small bonuses at the higher levels. Just look at the Berserker Ring's price, and then look at it's stats. It's a +2 or something strength bonus for well over 1m or 2m (I forget). Personally, I was going for 99 strength when GWD came out. I tried SS, and soon sold it. I didn't think it was worth the cost, and I stuck with Obby sword + Zerker ammy. But then again, I've never used a Zerker ring either, so I'm not that type of person. I'm not cheap, since I do spend a lot and have a lot of money, but I also don't think it's worth it. But that's just me, and evidently, people think otherwise.

If something is rarer, it would logically be worth more. Never mind how effective it is. Actually, contrary to what you said, phats are not an example. They're look is their "effectiveness". But strictly equipment-wise, dragon armor is an example. D chain is millions, but it's not even better than a torag's plate, which is a few hundred thousand. Should d chain be given a boost as well? That's up to you to decide, but I'm just giving you another example of a similar situation. Just because it's rarer, it's higher price is justified.

Saradomin sword came out later, so that's the weapon with too LOW stats. Also, the Saradomin sword trains strength and has a better special attack.

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

It will probably not be released so fast. The magic shortbow spec had to be nerfed because it is identical to the ddp++ spec so they changed it. Nerfing specials aren't really nerfs as they don't lower the weapon's power, only its addon, as i already mentioned in a large chunk of info earlier on.

-I dont think they nerfed the msb because it was the same as the ddp++, because it still is the same idea (2 quick hits), and there are other weapons w/ the identical spec. (dragon spear and zamorakian spear)

-You cant really base your argument on just stats and speed; perhaps you should test it

-Why do you care if your f2p, and how do you know?

-I still dont see how adding more powerful weapons would balance the whip out. That would just make all 3 equally common and nothing would be changed. This would also make melee more powerful because there would be more monsters dropping each of the 3 monsters thus making them more common and less expensive.

BOO

It will probably not be released so fast. The magic shortbow spec had to be nerfed because it is identical to the ddp++ spec so they changed it. Nerfing specials aren't really nerfs as they don't lower the weapon's power, only its addon, as i already mentioned in a large chunk of info earlier on.

-I dont think they nerfed the msb because it was the same as the ddp++, because it still is the same idea (2 quick hits), and there are other weapons w/ the identical spec. (dragon spear and zamorakian spear)

-You cant really base your argument on just stats and speed; perhaps you should test it

-Why do you care if your f2p, and how do you know?

-I still dont see how adding more powerful weapons would balance the whip out. That would just make all 3 equally common and nothing would be changed. This would also make melee more powerful because there would be more monsters dropping each of the 3 monsters thus making them more common and less expensive.

So you need to have cancer to have an opinion on it?

Ok don't focus on those stupid weapons. I couldn't care less about them. Isn't it plain obvious that the whip+defender is overpowered because it has the highest dps even though it is not rare?

So what about the stupid ss? Sure, it is best for training strength, but you don't need to train strength in pking, so it is useless compared to whip+defender.

YOU ARE F2P, AND YOU CANNOT WIELD A WHIP. THEREFORE YOUR POINT IS INVALID.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

• 3 months later...

That and incredibly warped and stupid concept.

You can make a system where every monster has a weakness, and you must use a particular type of weapon to have the greatest effect, this would be the best solution, but also the hardest to implement.

O.O

You can make a system where every monster has a weakness, and you must use a particular type of weapon to have the greatest effect, this would be the best solution, but also the hardest to implement.

Yeah, that was what I was trying to get at, but I got the flamed to hell. :roll:

So just let this thread die before history repeats itself and a flame war erupts once again.

Anyway, why bump it? It was dying anyway.

I don't want to get banned again.

Trying to get the rank of "Varrock Guard" or what?

:lol:

Anyway, please, stop posting after this line. I really don't want another flame war to erupt.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That doesn't change a single thing . There can still only be one best method of training making. For example, if a new monster was introduced that earned 10kexp an hour with an abbysal whip, but 200kexp with a dragon dagger, the dragon dagger would, according to quelmotz logic, be "overpowered". But even if you were right, you're suggestion is completely different to what quelmotz was "trying to get at" so i don't know what he's going on about.

That doesn't change a single thing . There can still only be one best method of training making. For example, if a new monster was introduced that earned 10kexp an hour with an abbysal whip, but 200kexp with a dragon dagger, the dragon dagger would, according to quelmotz logic, be "overpowered". But even if you were right, you're suggestion is completely different to what quelmotz was "trying to get at" so i don't know what he's going on about.

Ok, STOP POSTING NOW. ESPECIALLY BEFORE SADUKAR123 SEES IT. Or he'll start flaming me again.

And don't call me a coward or whatever.

Important notice for mods: Could a passing mod please lock this thread? I don't want another flame war to erupt again.

Important notice for mods: Could a passing mod please lock this thread? I don't want another flame war to erupt again.

Hmm, maybe thread openers should be able to lock there own threads.

True. I am usually an active poster in another forum, and there the rules are more relaxed and you can remove your own posts, lock/remove your own threads, etc.