New weps to balance out abbysal whip

quelmotz

The abyssal whip, at present is too overpowered, so I thought it should be nerfed. But then it might be too drastic for the people who cant bear to lose their extremely overpowered weapon, so i decided that 2 new weapons that equal the abyssal whip in power but are different, one stab and one crush.

COMPARISON

Abyssal whip: attack: + 0 + 82 + 0 + 0 + 0 defence:+ 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 other:+ 82 + 0

Total:164

Saradomin sword: attack: + 0 + 82 + 60 + 0 + 0 defence:+ 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 Other:+ 82 + 2

Total:166

Zamorak Spear: attack: + 85 + 65 + 65 + 0 + 0 Defence:+ 13 + 13 + 12 + 0 + 13 +0 Other: +75 + 2

Total:213 but added to other more useless stuff like defence. Subtract off the defence and it becomes:162

Note:all these weps are speed 6

As you can see, even though the saradomin sword and zamorak spear are 2handed, the whip has the same bonuses (roughly) as them. What!?!?! God weapons as weak as some abyssal crap?!?!?!?

Lets look at another powerful 2handed weapon-the dragon 2h sword:

- 4 + 92 + 80 - 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 - 1 + 0 + 93 + 0

You might be saying...what the... how come a d2h is more powerful than a sara sword and zammy spear? Reason: d2h speed 3 sara sword/zammy spear speed:6

Speed is another important factor in rs. A speed difference of 2 can make a huge difference-the reason why even though a rune warhammer is more powerful than a rune scimitar, yet it is not used much.

Another reason why the whip is overpowered. It can be used with a defender, making its stats:

+20 +101 +18 -3 -2 +20 +19 +18 -3 -2 +8 +87 +0

Total:243 subract off defensive bonuses=183

9 accuracy more than a dragon 2h. 6 str less. 3 speed more.

19 accuracy more than a sara sword. 5 str more. same speed.

16 accuracy more than a zamorak spear. 12 str more. same speed.

So it is clear the whip is overpowered. My suggestions to solve this:

New maul, the (suggest name) maul which is 2handed but extremely powerful, however extremely slow and quite inaccurate. Req: 70 str 55 attack(to prevent str pures from overusing it)

Stats: +0 +0 +78 -6 -0 +0 +0 +0 -6 +0 +122 +0

Total: 183 subtract off defensive stuff=194

Now i know a lot of people will say "122 str!! you must be mad!!!!" why not? its speed is 2 bars and it is quite inaccurate.

The special is called: "Obliterate" a hit that will lower defence by 35% while doing 20% more damage. Uses 40% of spec bar.

New dagger, the (suggest name) dagger which is onehanded and not very damaging but incredibly fast and quite accurate. Req: 75 attack

Stats:+70 +53 -4 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +62 +0

Total:128

It is very fast-speed 8 bars/whatever I'll leave it up to jagex.

The special is a powerful stab doing 125% damage but stuns for 5 seconds and poisons the opponent (NOTE:This weapon CANNOT be poisoned).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whips are over-powered? :lol:

Why is this forum so obsessed with "Balance" all of the sudden? The triangle is FINE. If you think Range or Magic and under-powered, learn to use them correctly. Whips are not a great threat. They are amazing weapons yes, but come on.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

whips not a big threat???? If they aren't how come almost all meleers use whips??

Those weps will balance out the whip, not introduce more overpowering since everyone uses different weps depending on their preferences and style of combat. And it is not another dragon claw. Look at the specials. They aren't even remotely overpowered, unlike the ddp++ or dragon claws that are used only for specials. Anyway, a special doesn't make a weapon, like the saying "clothes don't make the man" or something. A special is just an addon to a weapon, not the weapon itself.

The reason the whip is utilized so highly is because it has high dps (damage per second) it doesn't matter what stats you throw on a weapon, if it doesn't have high damage per second then it won't be used. Look at the godsword, it has a much high max, but its 2 handed and slow, if they didn't have such useful specials it is unlikely they would be used at all, and even with them the whip is still the weapon of choice for everyday training.

Caldius.png

facepalm.jpg

:wall: whip is NOT overpowered. its power is fine, tyvm! not to mention the godswords do most of the thing that the "maul" is supposed to do.

[hide=](yes, yes i do like using face palm.)[/hide]

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Sorry, the whip isn't overpowered... The dagger you're suggesting... 9 speed? 150% damage special?? That's way overpowered.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

facepalm.jpg

:wall: whip is NOT overpowered. its power is fine, tyvm! not to mention the godswords do most of the thing that the "maul" is supposed to do.

[hide=](yes, yes i do like using face palm.)[/hide]

Yea, ive found that godswords, dark bows/crossbows, dragon daggers, and ancients are more feared in most minigames. Abby whip isn't really that spectacular, its just a good training weapon.

[hide=]Was so tempted to just quote facepalm =D.[/hide]

O.O

I agree there should be another single handed weapon with a similar style only with stab or crush.

However this would make SS and ZS completely useless.

Just hold on for Dragon Warhammer, Dragon Sword (not longsword) and Dragon Hasta.

Your also forgetting how powerfull the obby weapons can be when combined with a zerker necklace and defender.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Then how do you want Jagex to approach it? Nerf the whip and watch the game feedback and recent updates forums in RSOF flood with threads like "wtf jagex you nerfed my fav wep!!!11" "curse you jagex for lowering the abyssal whip's power" "wtf whip lowered in power?" and other threads with titles like this?

BTW, ddp++, dark bow and godswords are only feared for their specials. Godswords are weaker than the whip in damage per second. ancients cost way too much.

Then how do you want Jagex to approach it? Nerf the whip and watch the game feedback and recent updates forums in RSOF flood with threads like "wtf jagex you nerfed my fav wep!!!11" "curse you jagex for lowering the abyssal whip's power" "wtf whip lowered in power?" and other threads with titles like this?

BTW, ddp++, dark bow and godswords are only feared for their specials. Godswords are weaker than the whip in damage per second. ancients cost way too much.

So, whip is the best training weapon.

Specials are basically everything in PVP, so its not so great in pvp is it.

O.O

Those are only overpowered because of their specials for god's sake... How many times do i have to say this? Any good pker will prepare themselves against dbow/dclaws/ddp++/godsword/whatever specials well by bringing fast healing food and other stuff. When the main battle comes and spec bars are left empty, a dbower/dclawer/godsworder/whatever will be running for their lives from a whipper.

Newsflash: The fact that a weapon is better than another doesn't mean it's overpowered.

The abyssal whip, at present is too overpowered, so I thought it should be nerfed.

So the whip is now useless. Another weapon becomes the best and everyone starts using it. It's now overpowered, nerf!

So it is clear the whip is overpowered. My suggestions to solve this...

Abyssal whip remains "overpowered" and now there's a new group of weapons that are also overpowered. Problem solved, right? :wall:

New maul, the (suggest name) maul which is 2handed but extremely powerful, however extremely slow and quite inaccurate. Req: 70 str 55 attack(to prevent str pures from overusing it)

Stats: +0 +0 +78 -6 -0 +0 +0 +0 -6 +0 +122 +0

Total: 183 subtract off defensive stuff=194

Now i know a lot of people will say "122 str!! you must be mad!!!!" why not? its speed is 2 bars and it is quite inaccurate.

The special is called: "Obliterate" a hit that will lower defence by 35% while doing 20% more damage. Uses 40% of spec bar.

there is already a weapon with a +134 str bonus and 4on the speed bar *aka* godsword.

New dagger, the (suggest name) dagger which is onehanded and not very damaging but incredibly fast and quite accurate. Req: 75 attack

Stats:+84 +53 -4 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +64 +0

Total: 144

It is very fast-speed 9/10 bars ill leave it up to jagex.

The special is a powerful stab doing 125% damage but stuns for 5 seconds and poisons the opponent (stacks with poison). It will have a 5% chance of doing 300% damage but without poison and stun.Overpowered to the max

And this would just make maged even more underpowered.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

So how do you want jagex to nerf it?? Jagex doesn't know how to do this well and their customers will flame and spam all over the forums. And jagex, being a company, wouldn't want people quitting because they can't bear to lose their overpowered weapon. an alternative is to boost all weapons power generally(except for some, i.e abyssal whip), and weaken some overpowered specials.

So how do you want jagex to nerf it?? Jagex doesn't know how to do this well and their customers will flame and spam all over the forums. And jagex, being a company, wouldn't want people quitting because they can't bear to lose their overpowered weapon. an alternative is to boost all weapons power generally(except for some, i.e abyssal whip), and weaken some overpowered specials.

So, what you are saying is that since a weapon is to overpowered, you need to make more overpowered weapons?

How does that fix anything?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Why should I use a weapon that is overpowered??

For god's sake godsword isn't extremely overpowered. IT costs millions and has less damage per second than whip+defender. Whip+defender has the highest dps for all weapons. It is proven.

Tell jagex to nerf the whip then. I bet you they will never ever do it. Has jagex ever nerfed a weapon/armor before? They will never do that since they strive to please customers as much as possible unless something is getting really out of hand.