New weps to balance out abbysal whip

quelmotz

Why should I use a weapon that is overpowered??

For god's sake godsword isn't extremely overpowered. IT costs millions and has less damage per second than whip+defender. Whip+defender has the highest dps for all weapons. It is proven.

Tell jagex to nerf the whip then. I bet you they will never ever do it. Has jagex ever nerfed a weapon/armor before? They will never do that since they strive to please customers as much as possible unless something is getting really out of hand.

W T F

Jagex nerfed multiple weapons because they were overpowered. INCLUDING the whip. Its special used to be its max hit or zero. The Magic Shortbow was nerfed to use more of a special bar. Jagex nerfed free trade so you cant say they strive at all costs to please customers.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probably not be released so fast. The magic shortbow spec had to be nerfed because it is identical to the ddp++ spec so they changed it. Nerfing specials aren't really nerfs as they don't lower the weapon's power, only its addon, as i already mentioned in a large chunk of info earlier on.

Whip is fine as it is, and WTF? +84 stab bonus for a HIGH ACCURATE DAGGER with 9 speed, with a spec that can hit 3 TIMES HIGHER?!? It's stronger, more accurate and faster than the whip?!? And you say whips are overpowered, lol.

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

Comb triangle is not fine before mages get some new melee defence means.

A staff that gives melee def 3X ur magic att bonus would be nice (with like 3m u can get 100 mage att bonus, torag defs = 300 melee and range). It would also mean more real mages instead of combining with melee or range.

Mages would have their 100 mage att and 300 melee def (and 0 range def).

Mage problem solved...

I think I could even start posting this suggestion here... Tomorrow ^^

~~~~ Tank archermage ~~~~

loginmessagessiggy.png

New dagger, the (suggest name) dagger which is onehanded and not very damaging but incredibly fast and quite accurate. Req: 75 attack

Stats:+84 +53 -4 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +64 +0

Total: 144

It is very fast-speed 9/10 bars ill leave it up to jagex.

So, in order to balance out the abysmal whip, you want to introduce an extremely accurate dagger, that hits as hard as dragon scimitar, whilst at the same time, is the fastest melee weapon in Runescape. Also one of your points in arguing that the whip is over powered, is that it can be used with a defender, well so can your uber-dagger, which can also be poisoned. You yourself said that speed makes a huge difference, you also say that the whip is over-powered, yet you want to make a weapon that's just as accurate as the whip, much faster than the whip,and can be used with a defender, just like the whip. It seems to me that you want to solve the problem of an over powered-weapon, by adding a much more over-powered weapon. So, ok, now the whip is 'balanced out', now how do we 'balance out' the dagger?

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Comb triangle is not fine before mages get some new melee defence means.

Which is why tankers win. We don't need to add anything new to the triangle, it's FINE AS IT IS.

A staff that gives melee def 3X ur magic att bonus would be nice (with like 3m u can get 100 mage att bonus, torag defs = 300 melee and range). It would also mean more real mages instead of combining with melee or range.

Why should Jagex release anything just because some people suck at PvP?

Mage problem solved...

There was no problem to begin with, you're simply not using your head. If you PK in full mystic robes, you'll get PULVERISED. Try Ahrim's top and bottom with Torag's helmet, Barrows gloves, dragon boots, MTA wand, fury/golry amulet, and a high defense shield such as DFS/Grantie/Obsidian. YOu'll still maintain a high magic attack bonus, whilst having a defence bonus that shouldn't be scoffed at.

There. PROBLEM FREAKING SOLVED.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

whips not a big threat???? If they aren't how come almost all meleers use whips??

Those weps will balance out the whip, not introduce more overpowering since everyone uses different weps depending on their preferences and style of combat. And it is not another dragon claw. Look at the specials. They aren't even remotely overpowered, unlike the ddp++ or dragon claws that are used only for specials. Anyway, a special doesn't make a weapon, like the saying "clothes don't make the man" or something. A special is just an addon to a weapon, not the weapon itself.

I only see att str pures using them, go to pvp once, its obvious you haven't. Dds, Godswords, D claws, ancients, and D bows, and crystal bows are what you see. I don't remember seeing too many whips. Besides the Barrelchest anchor overpowers the whip by far, if it was faster it would be very deadly. I mean come on its a Dh axe at a lower lvl. And actually a special does make the weapon, thats why I could easily open an arguement here about which godsword is the best. The D claw special is what sells them, you survive the d claw Quad slash, and the user is cat food. You claim a special doesn't make a weapon, but your weapons specials are just ludicrous. Why do you think the Zammy staff is unpopular? The Rune Claws, the d2h, the d long, the d mace, Silverlight, Excalibur, Magic Compound bow, Guthans everthing, Because the special stinks! People buy power and power has a special.

Creator of the Toy Penguin army! Penguin Army Goal: 397/2000 Toy Penguins

f730aecae1.png

Reminder: Refrain from posting spam or flaming. Constructive criticism is welcome.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Hey look, lost of people use the whip because it has good stats at a good speed! It must be overpowered! I'll ignore the fact that it is mostly used for training and has a low ko potential and suggest it be fixed! Never mind weapons like dragon claws and dark bow which, assuming your target is a bit damaged, can kill them in 1-2 specials. Or crossbow bolts which can hit over 70 without using the special bar. Or ancient magic combos that can hit 50+. Or any infromation anywhere that obviously disproves my point.

Ok, the drawing board.... lets see.... how do I make people use whips (overpowered@!!) less? I know, I'll introduce some rediciously strong weaponry! That way, people well use it instead of a whip!

*But wait... isn't claiming a weapon is overpowered and then suggesting a more powerful weapon self defeating and moronic?*

No because I am right!!!!! Can't you see? it all makes sence now!

Constructive critisicm time!

So it is clear the whip is overpowered. My suggestions to solve this...

Rethink your definition of overpowered. Or just think in general.

When the main battle comes and spec bars are left empty, a dbower/dclawer/godsworder/whatever will be running for their lives from a whipper.

Learn something about pvp.

Finish elementary school. No quote for this one.

Those are only overpowered because of their specials for god's sake...

Anyway, a special doesn't make a weapon,

Understand how important special attacks are, especially in pvp situations.

Has jagex ever nerfed a weapon/armor before? They will never do that

Research and check facts.

ancients cost way too much.

Do not assume everyone plays on your budget.

quit

You quoted me wrongly for goodness's sake. I didn't say the first paragraph at all. Ok so I was wrong about Jagex never nerfing any weapon before. And btw, the whip + defender combo has the highest damage per second of any weapon. So this shows that it is the best weapon combo unless you are talking about specials. And btw, what's all the talk about d bows and stuff. Those aren't weapons for meleers so they're out of the question.

P.S. I've weakened the dagger and removed the triple damage part.

You quoted me wrongly for goodness's sake. I didn't say the first paragraph at all.

I paraphrased.

Ok so I was wrong about Jagex never nerfing any weapon before.

Yep.

And btw, the whip + defender combo has the highest damage per second of any weapon. So this shows that it is the best weapon combo unless you are talking about specials.

You're arguing that the whip is over powerd. Since NPC's don't have feelings, I presume you mean they are over powered against other people in pvp. Yes, the whip has the highest dps, but that's not exactly useful in pvp. You can hit consistanyl well with a whip, and your opponent can out eat you. The goal of pvp is not to outlast your opponent, it's to kill them. This is where you need several high hits, not many lower hits.

And btw, what's all the talk about d bows and stuff. Those aren't weapons for meleers so they're out of the question.

They are weapons, used to, you know, kill stuff. People use them. So why can you just ignore them?

quit

We're talking about meleers for god's sake. Why make it more complex with ranged weps.

Paraphrased-Ha Ha. You made me seem like a fool.

And btw, jagex controls the npcs and don't tell me jagex are robots.

New maul, the (suggest name) maul which is 2handed but extremely powerful, however extremely slow and quite inaccurate. Req: 70 str 55 attack(to prevent str pures from overusing it)

Stats: +0 +0 +78 -6 -0 +0 +0 +0 -6 +0 +122 +0

Total: 183 subtract off defensive stuff=194

Now i know a lot of people will say "122 str!! you must be mad!!!!" why not? its speed is 2 bars and it is quite inaccurate.

The special is called: "Obliterate" a hit that will lower defence by 35% while doing 20% more damage. Uses 40% of spec bar.

there is already a weapon with a +134 str bonus and 4on the speed bar *aka* godsword.

New dagger, the (suggest name) dagger which is onehanded and not very damaging but incredibly fast and quite accurate. Req: 75 attack

Stats:+84 +53 -4 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +64 +0

Total: 144

It is very fast-speed 9/10 bars ill leave it up to jagex.

The special is a powerful stab doing 125% damage but stuns for 5 seconds and poisons the opponent (stacks with poison). It will have a 5% chance of doing 300% damage but without poison and stun.Overpowered to the max

And this would just make maged even more underpowered.

actually, maged is overpowered if you know how to use it properly

@op. whip isnt overpowered. its been out for years and much better or "overpowered" weapons have been released since. dark bow, godswords, crossbows and ancients all have better k0 potential than a whip does, and 2 of the above can easily drop anyone instantly if you know what you are doing. several times i have dropped people from 99->0 in 5 seconds and i havent used a whip in a loooooong time.... if you think whip is overpowered. you obviously arent actually thinking at all

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

We're talking about meleers for god's sake. Why make it more complex with ranged weps.

BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAPONS TOO

Paraphrased-Ha Ha. You made me seem like a fool.

That was the point.

And btw, jagex controls the npcs and don't tell me jagex are robots.

Are you telling me you think Jagex hires people to act as npcs or something? Monsters aren't... alive, they don't have feelings, they don't care if they get 'owned'. The whip is primarily a training weapon, so if it is as overpowered as you say, it's not a big problem.

Please. The whip is not over powered. At least whine about dragon claws or something, at least you would have a point.

quit

I already nerfed it for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until you come up with a program to calculate dps, shut the hell up.

The whip has the highest dps? So what? It can't beat a bronze dagger! So don't nerf it! Make it more overpowered!! D claws are overpowered!! This thread is not about d claws or even worse, d bows, but I'm still going to whine about them.

whips not a big threat???? If they aren't how come almost all meleers use whips??

Those weps will balance out the whip, not introduce more overpowering since everyone uses different weps depending on their preferences and style of combat. And it is not another dragon claw. Look at the specials. They aren't even remotely overpowered, unlike the ddp++ or dragon claws that are used only for specials. Anyway, a special doesn't make a weapon, like the saying "clothes don't make the man" or something. A special is just an addon to a weapon, not the weapon itself.

Whips themselves are not a big threat in PVP, they are a standard weapon these days, In any practical sense they have no spec and hit modest amounts of damage when compared with a GS. There's no point introducing more weapons similar to the whip with the exeption of a one handed stab-based one. But this still wouldn't make the whip any less powerful!

What we DO need is more powerful training weapons and armour for people with 90+ stats. IN my opinion these should be derived from 95+ slayer monsters to keep the skill alive.

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

So to solve the "overpowered whip" we need more overpowered weapons? How does that solve anything? (Note that I do not think it's overpowered...)

It's like saying that in order to solve the PartyHat problem, we should release more discontinued items.

No support :thumbdown: .

You can argue about those weps being overpowered or to use another solution, but the main point is the whip being overpowered. I can't get a damage per second calculator, but I'm quite sure anybody who has access to one will tell you that the whip has the highest dps for a extremely low cost.