Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

MW2 has been confirmed to be ported to Wii?

And Ray, you gotta play a bit more zombies to know that the Ray Gun isn't uber overpowered. And you do need a weapon like the Ray Gun/MG42/Browning to survive in rounds 20+. The ray gun has something to do with Pulp Fiction.

My [developmentally delayed]ed brother in law (360 owner) is like "dude you gotta get the night vision goggles!" and hell no I'm not forking out $150 for a pair of plastic toys. And like I want to play CoD1... All I want is the game for $60.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No MW2 isnt going to the Wii, what makes you think that?

I know, it's not completely overpowered but the idea of it is stupid. If I met someone who got a few more levels in Zombies than I did and said lol I used the crappy alien gun thats in a world war 2 game, I would reply with "lol?" irl.

I find it stupid so I wouldnt use it and if there is anything as stupid in MW2 I WILL CRY.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I find it stupid so I wouldnt use it and if there is anything as stupid in MW2 I WILL CRY.

Oh dear.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Oh dear.

You should care, because my tears could drown thousands.

There is not going to be anything like Zombies at all on MW2. There will be a Special Ops for 2 players though, not much is known about it except for that it will be similar sort of things to Mile High Club.

I was sure IW confirmed something like NZs.

There is not going to be anything like Zombies at all on MW2. There will be a Special Ops for 2 players though, not much is known about it except for that it will be similar sort of things to Mile High Club.

I was sure IW confirmed something like NZs.

I just tried googling it, but all I came up with is some supposedly leaked information. We will have to see if IW announces anything.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The irony.

I wanted CoD5 then, I didnt want to wait a year to get a game that would be out of date.

Get over yourself.

Let's get back on topic.

Is this game going to a have a mode similar to Nazi Zombies on CoD 5? I thought I read something about that being added, but I haven't heard anything since.

Yup. Something with aliens.

Imo terrorists would be better, there could be certain ones that almost kill you if they get close enough to you (suicide bomb) at high levels or actually 1HK in higher levels.

Bit racist though.

See, I heard about a terrorist mode, but I didn't hear anything else about it. Aliens sounds pretty cool though, it'll be interesting to see how they make it unique from Nazi Zombies.

I dunno if anyone posted it after this, Im too lazy to read, but they confirmed at E3 that there will be a SWAT mode where you and a friend(s) are a small SWAT team fending off waves of terrorists.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

The irony.

I wanted CoD5 then, I didnt want to wait a year to get a game that would be out of date.

Get over yourself.

Let's get back on topic.

Is this game going to a have a mode similar to Nazi Zombies on CoD 5? I thought I read something about that being added, but I haven't heard anything since.

Yup. Something with aliens.

Imo terrorists would be better, there could be certain ones that almost kill you if they get close enough to you (suicide bomb) at high levels or actually 1HK in higher levels.

Bit racist though.

See, I heard about a terrorist mode, but I didn't hear anything else about it. Aliens sounds pretty cool though, it'll be interesting to see how they make it unique from Nazi Zombies.

I dunno if anyone posted it after this, Im too lazy to read, but they confirmed at E3 that there will be a SWAT mode where you and a friend(s) are a small SWAT team fending off waves of terrorists.

Good. If they didn't have a mode similar to NZ, I probably would have just bought WaW instead of this.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Instead of a co-op campaign there will be a new mode where you and your team have to complete missions and rack up high scores. I'm not sure about this terrorist mode or whatever.

So its the equivilent to the arcade mode in call of duty 4, but with co-op?

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Instead of a co-op campaign there will be a new mode where you and your team have to complete missions and rack up high scores. I'm not sure about this terrorist mode or whatever.

So its the equivilent to the arcade mode in call of duty 4, but with co-op?

Sounds like it.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I get a magazine called OXM (Official Xbox Magazine), which some/most of you have probably heard of/read. They did a preview of what was shown at E3, and online videos of the Cliffhanger level. This is a quote from the magazine story on the co-op.

While the campaign mode is still a strictly single-player experience, there will be a bite-sized co-op Challenge Mode, which launches you into an area riddled with bad guys and tasks you with cleaning them all out as fast as possible, either alone or with a friend in tow. "It's similar to the airplane run at the end of Modern Warfare," Zampella explains. "It's small snippets and you'll unlock certain ones as you play through the single=player game. You'll basically time yourself and say, 'Hey, I beat Gulag Showers in a minute forty; how about you?'"

Infinity Ward pans to include "as many Challenge Mode levels as possible" and they're discovering more and more ideal areas for them as they build the game. from the level demonstrated -- which was a relatively confined space -- this isn't a careful, deliberate clean-up executed with tactical military precision, but a frantic firefight that will trouble even the most hardcore of Call of Duty veterans.

It's worth mentioning that Infinity Ward demonstrated Challenge Mode in split-screen -- which will no doubt be fantastic news to all the gamers who still value cooperative couch play and miss it when it's not there. However, the studio remained quiet about whether the mode would be Live-compatible. We don't want to make promises IW can't keep, but we'd honestly be suprised if it wasn't playable online as well.

This was from the August 2009 issue.

It looks fun from the pictures in the mag. Showing a few SWAT-like soldiers in a firefight. One was using a riot-shield and pistol/(L)SMG combo, with others behind him with rifles.

One last bonus: Solid 60-FPS gameplay, CONSTANTLY :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

this sounds awesome! Ill put that on the main page

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Awesome! This is going to be fun! :D

Few questions though.

Is DLC available to Aus, and if so, how much in AUD? :-$ (expecting it to be same price as waw?)

And am I the only PC user here? :|

Conformation of MW2 only coming to PC and proper consoles.

http://kotaku.com/5315981/infinity-ward-talks-modern-warfare-2-43-stories-up

The version of the game we were shown yesterday was on the Xbox 360. The game is also slated for PC and PS3. Repeating an inquiry from last week, I asked about whether there would be a Call of Duty brand property or a Modern Warfare for Wii this year given the million-plus sales of 2008's CoD: World At War on the Wii. An Activision rep in attendance confirmed that there are no plans for MW2 to come to Nintendo's system.

(Call of Duty:) Modern Warfare 2 will be out on November 10.

Conformation of MW2 only coming to PC and proper consoles.

http://kotaku.com/5315981/infinity-ward-talks-modern-warfare-2-43-stories-up

The version of the game we were shown yesterday was on the Xbox 360. The game is also slated for PC and PS3. Repeating an inquiry from last week, I asked about whether there would be a Call of Duty brand property or a Modern Warfare for Wii this year given the million-plus sales of 2008's CoD: World At War on the Wii. An Activision rep in attendance confirmed that there are no plans for MW2 to come to Nintendo's system.

(Call of Duty:) Modern Warfare 2 will be out on November 10.

Not a suprise at all.

Not a suprise at all.

IW dont want to ruin their "rep" by porting MW2 to the Wii with the aid of another company.

Atleast they're independant.

I'm liking the sound of the new AI development, what I really didn't like about MW1, especially the Iraq missions, was the seemingly endless amount of enemies to deal with. If you sat in the same location for a mission, you'd run out of ammo before you'd run out of enemies. Looks good that they've sorted this out.

I'm liking the sound of the new AI development, what I really didn't like about MW1, especially the Iraq missions, was the seemingly endless amount of enemies to deal with. If you sat in the same location for a mission, you'd run out of ammo before you'd run out of enemies. Looks good that they've sorted this out.

That was one of the main things they had to change for MW2 to be better than MW, doesn't matter how good the missions were, endless enemies isn't fun.