HaHa def noob! raise ur str!

saladplease

The guy dosent have 1 attack, hes using a steel scimmy.

The guy = defil3d.

And 4 attack levels isn't much.

Either way this is all impractical and mostly opinion.

STR > DEF.

See. Opinion. :roll:

Def > Str.

That's fact, even I know that.

But Att + Str > Def.

Obby maulers are made to fight other pures. Why? because they can't hit for [cabbage] on defence.

Zerker_jane.png

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I agree with you 3hit but having only str or def is impractical. It's rarely going to happen.

What i'm trying to say that you should have more str than your def or attack.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

^ I agree with you 3hit but having only str or def is impractical. It's rarely going to happen.

Agreed \'

Although I do love attack.

Hehe even though both of your accounts have more str than att <3:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Agreed \'

My time to shine :lol:

Agreed \'

Ftw :lol:

But my first ever 99 was attack before skillcapes even came out :thumbup:

Zerker_jane.png

Defence is like Jesus in this game. I never get hit in pvp

Defence is more like leprosy. Nobody WANTS to hit you in pvp. They'll just run when they see you're high defence.

Makes fights boring.

Really though, whose fault is it? The runner or the person that has defence? :|

If they don't like hitting defence what are they doing PKing? Expecting everyone to be a 1 def pure that they can rush with their daggers?

Strength wins, defence loses, at least in PVP worlds.

At least with strength you win SOME fights, with defence you just tank all fights and people run away before you do anything.

Yep, but that doesn't change the fact that defence is the #1 most effective stat in 1 on 1 PVP combat - then attack, then strength.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I won't deny that, but practically, in pvp worlds, you will be much more effective with high strength, medium attack, and low defence, than the other way around.

Simply because, all though you may be uber win ownage in a long extended battle to the end, you won't end up with many kills once people realize you have high defense and will just run/tele while spamming DEFENCE NOOB 50 times.

O.O

More effective in getting kills on pvp worlds =/= better in PVP

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I won't deny that, but practically, in pvp worlds, you will be much more effective with high strength, medium attack, and low defence, than the other way around.

Simply because, all though you may be uber win ownage in a long extended battle to the end, you won't end up with many kills once people realize you have high defense and will just run/tele while spamming DEFENCE NOOB 50 times.

Wouldn't that be a testament to it being effective?

In my experience, people will even do that if they get the short end of the RNG too...

Defence is like Jesus in this game. I never get hit in pvp

Defence is more like leprosy. Nobody WANTS to hit you in pvp. They'll just run when they see you're high defence.

Makes fights boring.

Really though, whose fault is it? The runner or the person that has defence? :|

If they don't like hitting defence what are they doing PKing? Expecting everyone to be a 1 def pure that they can rush with their daggers?

The person with defence.

Zerker_jane.png

Strength wins, defence loses, at least in PVP worlds.

At least with strength you win SOME fights, with defence you just tank all fights and people run away before you do anything.

^The sum up of everything pvp defence related. There's nothing wrong with leaving that fight. Why would i stick around for a boring fight which id probably lose?

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Well I'm a pure and call those guys in rune in non-members a def noob all the time. But that's just because they're so annoying, I'm only 76 combat... So when some random nub who has never been to pvp comes to these worlds and he's like 80+ combat, he'll be harrasing me all the time. So they waste my food, jump on me in the middle of a fight. They're just so annoying and when I try to range them back, with 99 ranged and 44 prayer I can't even scratch them. So they feel uber leet and think omg i pwnzor 99 range@@@... And if you manage to hit them with a few decent hits they'll eat at half hitpoints. Just leave me and fight your own kind so you can waste an entire inventory of food and run after like 20 minutes of hitting a lot of 0s and nobody ends up with a kill.

Yeah that guy kicking your [wagon] is such a noob.

Or maybe you should realize that 1 def pures are obsolete now

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

Well I'm a pure and call those guys in rune in non-members a def noob all the time. But that's just because they're so annoying, I'm only 76 combat... So when some random nub who has never been to pvp comes to these worlds and he's like 80+ combat, he'll be harrasing me all the time. So they waste my food, jump on me in the middle of a fight. They're just so annoying and when I try to range them back, with 99 ranged and 44 prayer I can't even scratch them. So they feel uber leet and think omg i pwnzor 99 range@@@... And if you manage to hit them with a few decent hits they'll eat at half hitpoints. Just leave me and fight your own kind so you can waste an entire inventory of food and run after like 20 minutes of hitting a lot of 0s and nobody ends up with a kill.

I love it when newbs think they know what they're talking about =D>

Thank you for amusing me, Koo.

Zerker_jane.png

Please, grow a brain.

As long as there are other 1 defence pures (and like, more than half low-mid high level pkers are) other one def pures won't be obsolete, infact the people with high defence will be obsolete because they won't get any kills because everyone will just run from them.

O.O

Please, grow a brain.

As long as there are other 1 defence pures (and like, more than half low-mid high level pkers are) other one def pures won't be obsolete, infact the people with high defence will be obsolete because they won't get any kills because everyone will just run from them.

But if the strength pures are soooooooooooooooooo much better than the people with balanced stats, or the defence pures, why don't you own them? ohhhhh that's right, because you run away hoping to find other str pures to try and fight. Pures are wrecking this game full stop.

Also someone better define a pure for me, because from what i gathered a pure was someone who trains only one stat eg str to 99........ not ohhh i'll train my str to 99 and my atk to 70 and i'm still a pure. :shame: doesn't work.

But still if you run away from fights why are you in pvp? i thought the idea was you fight other players? if so; grow a pair, swallow your pride and fight them! It is why pures will always be worse than mains, because mains can trash pures all the time because pures run away as they're too scared to die, or to admit they're wrong

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

But if the strength pures are soooooooooooooooooo much better than the people with balanced stats, or the defence pures, why don't you own them? ohhhhh that's right, because you run away hoping to find other str pures to try and fight. Pures are wrecking this game full stop.

I never said they were, i just said they werent obsolete, when you said they were.

Also someone better define a pure for me, because from what i gathered a pure was someone who trains only one stat eg str to 99........ not ohhh i'll train my str to 99 and my atk to 70 and i'm still a pure. :shame: doesn't work.

Also, pures basically anyone who specifically trains there stats for a particular reason, in this case pking.

But as you were talking about 1 defence pures (in other words, 1 defence, no other dodgy requirements) i respond to that, someone with 70 attack is still a pure, and yes unfortunately it dose work.

But still if you run away from fights why are you in pvp? i thought the idea was you fight other players? if so; grow a pair, swallow your pride and fight them! It is why pures will always be worse than mains, because mains can trash pures all the time because pures run away as they're too scared to die, or to admit they're wrong

Again, your diverting from the main argument, you said pures were obsolete, i said they werent, now your going on about how mains are better than pures. This has little to do with pures being obsolete.

Thing is, pures arent obsolete, sure at the higher levels they may be considerably weaker than mains, but still not obsolete, infact at lower levels ive found they dominate mains, far from obsolete.

And please, are you going to give me a response to why pures are obsolete? Obsolete basically means useless right, and they are far from that.

O.O

One could say it's because of the lack of Wilderness-style level boundaries in PvP, and the heightened rewards for higher combat levels. As BH is apparently going to have wilderness-style levels, according to rumor, they may not be obsolete for long.

Thing is, combat level only matters in PvP. That's where balanced mains have an advantage; 99/99/99 is 99/99/99 to a monster, not 126+. In PvP, where you can only attack within x levels, the more you can lower your combat with higher stats is an advantage, and if that means defence has to go, so be it.