The Setup Directory (HELP SUBMIT IMAGES!) LU: 16h August 2010

UnknownRemoval

In my opinion, +4 strength isn't worth almost 60 less defense in every category.

Well thats ur opinion and im ok wit but if u have like 80+ def and that setup works good for mostly everything. add a bunyip and ur good to good.

It depends on ur defense level/the thing ur fighting

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, +4 strength isn't worth almost 60 less defense in every category.

yeah, because you totally need godwars-tank style defence at dust devils, right?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

090525190123.png

Here a setup for dusties and most slayer tasks

Wouldn't rune defender work better than dragonfire shield? The accuracy bonuses outweigh the +2 strength bonus it has over rune defender, and as you said, if you have high defense, bunyip should keep your hp up, especially at dust devils.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

• 1 year later...

Revamping the layout, Getting new images. And hopefully going to finish this guide. All I need first is help with the unusual display errors. If anybody could take a look at the code I linked it would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

A good thing is to have Slayer No Pray and slayer pray

Worlds most ineffecient armor below

090525190123.png

Here a setup for dusties and most slayer tasks

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

A good thing is to have Slayer No Pray and slayer pray

I'll sort that out once I get images in. Any help would be appreciated as I don't have access to most high level equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this guide still going to be developed on? Because this will be one of the most helpful things on this forum if it will be finished...

dzuz3d.jpg

Here is a general setup for slaying with prayer:

Edit: It's now outdated, I posted a new one.

Pray_Slayer_Setup.png

This setup assumes you are praying piety/turmoil.

Notes:

• The pouch is a placeholder for your familiar. On some tasks you'll want to use a bunyip, on some you'll want to use an offensive familiar or none at all. A beast of burden can increase the number of kills you get before you have to bank and will allow you to ferry more loot when you do. This is pretty much up to personal preference and differs a lot per task.
  • The dragon dagger can be replaced by dragon claws, the Saradomin godsword or an Enhanced Excalibur; if using Excalibur, you do not need super defence potions. The whip can be replaced by the chaotic rapier. Verac's skirt can be replaced by proselyte legs, but you'll lose a lot of defence for one more prayer bonus. The ring of wealth can be replaced by a fremminik and/or imbued ring for added offence or the explorer's ring for one additional prayer bonus. When slaying in Kuradal's dungeon, use the ferocious ring.
  • Bones to peaches, either in runes or tablets, can keep your lp up forever on bone-dropping monsters such as dust devils and warped terrorbirds. Baskets of strawberries (5) heal five times 60 lp in one inventory space, but are a hassle to eat. A bunyip is the best healing if you take little damage spread across a long time, as one pouch heals up to 3520 lp, but spread over 44 minutes. Monkfish are more expensive than strawberries or bunyips, but excellent food if you need larger bites. If you have soul split, use that.
  • Protection prayers will remove the need for healing, but will burn more prayer potions, meaning shorter trips. If completely protected, use proselyte legs.
  • Use extreme potions if you have them. Use turmoil if you have it.
  • Don't forget to bring task-specific items, such as crystal chimes!

That's most of it, but I bet I forgot something. I don't have turmoil/extremes/sgs myself, so I could easily be off on those.

Good luck on this guide! Hope you get it done sometime!

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a setup and inventory picture for metal dragon's in Brimhaven Dungeon.

u11hl.png

The scrolls are for a Spirit Terrorbird that I have summoned, which is used to carry extra bones.

In my Terrorbird I have another pouch in case it run's out.

I use this on my farming runs:

farming.png

Notes:

• You need 5 herb seeds and 4 flower seeds (limpwurts are best).
  • It doesn't matter which order you do, but the teleports are : cabbage-port to Falador, ectophial to Morytania, runes to Trollheim and Camelot (close to Catherby). Ardougne can be reached by the cape (once a day, or always with the elite cape), the combat bracelet (ranging guild) or the skills necklace (fishing guild).
  • The cape also allows free teleports to the Ardougne berry patch, the combat bracelet goes to the champion's guild to pick the berries there, the broom goes to Al Kharid to pick your cactus spines. The skills necklace to the cooking guild is a fast way to get to the GE. The gloves are to get to Shilo, the coins to take a cart from there to the tree patch by Brimhaven.
  • This outfit can be enhanced with agile legs and top, but at higher agility levels that is not neccesary to remain running throughout.
  • Always use supercompost; store it in the tool shed.

This isn't a dailies outfit but rather a farm run outfit.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks to the people that have helped submit a few more images, just added them and should hopefully get a few more throughout the day.

If you know anybody that can help provide images or if you can yourself, please try and do so! Many people have expressed intrest in this and the faster it is finished, the faster is will be able to benefit players. :thumbup:

My non summoning avianse set-up.

2n1rmp.jpg

[img=http://i28.tinypic.com/2n1rmp.jpg]

It'd be great if you could take that picture in fixed width view, as it needs to be a specific size and clear to read. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think this will be a VERY image-heavy guide, for sure. Are we now to post the theoretically best setups, or setups that work? If so, subjectivity and various degrees of wealth and accomplishment will lead to an overwhelming amount of setups needed.

Will provide images of slayer outfit (normal), a slayer outfit (high-hitting monsters), and a slayer outfit (prayer) tomorrow. Too tired now.

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

Here is an average-higher leveled set-up and inventory for a tribrid Dagannoth Kings trip.

100811113625.png

I use snakeskin boot's because my Range level is my lowest of my offensive combats, and for a tribrid team nothing more than Slayer Dart is required or else Rex will spawn on you while your killing Supreme.

Here is an average-higher leveled set-up and inventory for a tribrid Dagannoth Kings trip.

100811113625.png

I use snakeskin boot's because my Range level is my lowest of my offensive combats, and for a tribrid team nothing more than Slayer Dart is required or else Rex will spawn on you while your killing Supreme.

no self respecting DKer is going to get caught wasting an invent space on an accumulator, using a titan, or casting slayer dart. Also inf boots>rest because inf have no negatives to anything else.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Just to please the troll we have here.

100811210923.png

And unlike you, I don't like no-lifing so i tend to end my trips after 2h's.

balmungfail

guthixcapefail

rocktailfail

this is for the best possible setup for specific skill levels, which that is not.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Troll-fail, if you really wanna present a valid argument why don't you private message me instead of spamming this thread.

-Thanks!

P.S Any self-respecting Dker wouldn't try to troll other Dker's, they would suggest thing's instead of harsh criticism and sarcasm.

lrcsetup.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3167/lrcsetup.jpg

Living Rock Caverns mining setup

D pick can be swapped for Rune Pick

Varrock Armour 3 can be swapped for a lower Varrock Armour

Taihaku.png

Taihaku.png

4073.png