HAcked Again. The 13th time.

Neos_Matrix

Well, once again I've been hacked. I cant gain access to it and my recoveries were changed in less than 4 hours (since I went out shopping for 4 hours). When I got back, I tried to log in and I found out that everything was changed. The recoveries,etc.

Its strange....The 13th time, I get everything hacked. And its Friday the 13th...

Im virus scanning my computer now. What should I do now? :(

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Stop downloading and/or visiting strange web sites? Or maybe have a password that isn't crazy easy to guess?

Honestly I can understand getting your account stolen once, it happens to the best of us and we all have those [developmentally delayed] moments. But 13 times? Dear god do you have any idea about computer security? At least it's just a silly runescape account.

Well, i havent been on those *dodgy* sites recently cause I was too busy playing Puzzle Pirates and Warcraft 3, but I log into my RS account just tom ake sure nothing has happened to it.

And I'm not allowed to download either :evil:

Besides, 23% my school is watching my account, since most of the students at my school plays Rs and have seen my account..

And my 21m. And thats it. :evil:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Well, i havent been on those *dodgy* sites recently cause I was too busy playing Puzzle Pirates and Warcraft 3, but I log into my RS account just tom ake sure nothing has happened to it.

Besides, 23% my school is watching my account, since most of the students at my school plays Rs and have seen my account..

What do you mean they are "watching" your account?

And if you like it or not it is your fault you got your account stolen. It's up to you to try and figure out where one could get your account, be it from visiting a dodgy site, or if you play runescape at school a kid may have installed a keylogger on one of the computers.

And why are you mentioning how much money you had? I don't care, those numbers mean nothing to me and aren't going to help figure anything out.

I think it's to do with you using the computers at school, as Nadril said, someone could've put a keylogger onto the computers; you should play rs only from your home comp. for more security (school isn't for runescape anyways)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

What do you mean they are "watching" your account?

And if you like it or not it is your fault you got your account stolen. It's up to you to try and figure out where one could get your account, be it from visiting a dodgy site, or if you play runescape at school a kid may have installed a keylogger on one of the computers.

And why are you mentioning how much money you had? I don't care, those numbers mean nothing to me and aren't going to help figure anything out.

I really want to know how he concluded at 23%.

tFtfA.jpg

Do you use any other RuneScape Forums, like ones for clans?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You said you were playing at school, so I'm not surprised you've just been hacked. It's easily possible someone could have planted a keylogger on one of the computers. Anyway, as you said your recoveries were changed, so you may as well give up. Just goes to show you shouldn't play RS at school.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Defenatly keyloggers on school computers. I would still check for viruses on your computer though.

Also, I'm having a huge deja vu feeling right now :shock:

I honestly can't understand how people can get their accounts stolen.

Don't use your runescape password anywhere else, don't log into a phisher, don't have a password that is in the dictionary or a common password list, and don't let a keylogger get on your computer.

13 times? I'm surprised Jagex hasn't banned you yet for being an idiot..

But like the other guys said...someone probably wanted to mess with you at school and installed a keylogger. And why doesn't your school block RS anyway?

~~Chaise91~~

Because it is South Auckland. That is the "Dodgy" part of Auckland, which is the city I live in. They probably cannot afford to install systems like that on the computers. Heck, I might be wrong, however, I don't know what school he goes to, but I'm guessing it is an intermediate.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

School networks are one of the most insecure networks out there. Students download all kinds of crap onto those machines every hour, and more than likely, it would contain some kind of keylogger. Not to mention, if you're right about the number of players at your school, someone could have "shoulder-surfed" your password (meaning that they looked over your shoulder while you typed it in), and you'd be pretty much stuck there.

Do yourself a favor and STOP PLAYING RS AT SCHOOL. Play at home where you can guarantee BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that your network is safe. Also, I don't believe that recoveries can be reset in four hours; I think it takes something like a week, last time I bothered to check.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Who plays RS at school, I mean seriously.......

[hide=]Sounds like someone needs a life[/hide]

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Ok then,

Im back. And have successfully hacked Medead0 back.

And estimated: lost 18m worth of stuff.

And yes, Im from South Auckland. Got a problem?

Elricedward.png

Ok then,

Did you ever figure out HOW you got hacked?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Ok then,

Nope, but it explains all your problems. Have fun spending mindless hours on getting your junk back, on something that isn't worth it :thumbup:

ojdv.jpg

Ok then,

Tip: Stop logging in from public computers.

eggzs.png