Spot stealers

Wot

I hate how you cant mine anything theesedays without a 3yr old trying to nick your spot... i mean common your there for ages and they just take your spot? And how do they mine so abnomably fast...

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

a.) they aren't three years old

b.) it's not your spot, it's Jagex's spot for anyone in the game to use

c.) they most likely: have faster reactions than you, or are autoing.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

I hate how you cant mine anything theesedays without a 3yr old trying to nick your spot... i mean common your there for ages and they just take your spot? And how do they mine so abnomably fast...

emot-geno.gif

emot-irony.gif

Well there goes another meter. You owe me fifty bucks.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It's not your spot. There are dozens of other rocks around you to mine, why not take a stab at those over there?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's not your spot. There are dozens of other rocks around you to mine, why not take a stab at those over there?

that's the point. if he could easily move a few squares, why can't they?

Perhaps they've tried many different worlds, perhaps they're in a bad mood, perhaps they have a higher mining level and know they'll beat him, perhaps they're simply jerks.

We're human. In a perfect world, we'd all give each other our spot. Until then, we can stop posting rants about someone else not being perfect :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Perhaps they've tried many different worlds, perhaps they're in a bad mood, perhaps they have a higher mining level and know they'll beat him, perhaps they're simply jerks.

We're human. In a perfect world, we'd all give each other our spot. Until then, we can stop posting rants about someone else not being perfect :roll:

perhaps they're simply jerks

That would be it right there. The rest are simply excuses for those who don't have the maturity to deal with adversity, no matter how minor it is. Of course, in a game populated by teens and preteens, thats hardly a surprise.

That would be it right there. The rest are simply excuses for those who don't have the maturity to deal with adversity, no matter how minor it is. Of course, in a game populated by teens and preteens, thats hardly a surprise.

I'm not a teen, and I have the maturity to deal with adversity. There comes a time, however, when I've hopped through dozens of worlds and say "enough is enough". I'll plunk down in the first available spot and kick out the poor sap there. There's more people then spots, someone has to make room sometimes.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'll call it a wash - but the idea is that no one spot simply "belongs" to anyone in RS. We make the conscious choice to either continue working at that spot or move on.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Maybe the person is just in a bad mood after hopping a few dozen worlds and you're the unlucky person chosen to get outmined by him. There are usually rocks nearby and you can always ask them NICELY if they want to share. Not all people will agree, obviously, and if you keep losing the rock, just hop worlds.

I'm not a teen, and I have the maturity to deal with adversity. There comes a time, however, when I've hopped through dozens of worlds and say "enough is enough". I'll plunk down in the first available spot and kick out the poor sap there. There's more people then spots, someone has to make room sometimes.

There comes a time, however, when I've hopped through dozens of worlds and say "enough is enough".

Yes, I've been here long enough to come to know that.

There comes a time, however, when I've hopped through dozens of worlds and say "enough is enough".

At that stage, I'd go do something else entirely. After all, if the worlds really are that crowded, then your activities are likely to be constantly interrupted by others in the exact same situation.

If I think I can beat someone and don't feel like hopping, I'd sure as hell steal the spot. Don't like it? Become the stealer. Ie, level up your skills.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If that happens then do the following

1 - Remember that noone owns any rocks, that the concept of "your rock" is purely of your own invention, and that 99% of the frustration at their actions is of your own making

2 - Politely ask them to be a little more considerate about what they are doing and if they would be okay with sharing the rocks in an amicable fashion. This can actually work!

3 - If they don't want to share then either wait for them to finish pinching all the rocks before you start up again, or go to a different (less crowded or popular) area to mine, or find something else to do at that point.

That 3 step guide will make your RS time happier and help lower your blood pressure to a more acceptable level

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

Spot stealers is what I call "competition". Either deal with it or don't skill at all.

Fascinating. I tend to call them imbeciles who are not smart enough to hop into an empty world instead of ruining the mining efficiency for the both of us.

But then, I tend to mine on the off hours, when the are plenty of worlds available. During that time, spot stealers don't have the excuse of not being able to find an empty spot: they are simple jerks (and dumb ones at that).

I have little experience with mining during the peak hours, and my views are shaped by that. While many of you do mine during peak hours and have had to adopt to the reality of spot mining, I have been lucky enough to be largely spared the inconvenience. However, that just makes it all the more galling when someone does opt to try to spot steal from me instead of hopping to one of the many empty worlds.

3 - If they don't want to share then either wait for them to finish pinching all the rocks before you start up again, or go to a different (less crowded or popular) area to mine, or find something else to do at that point.

That 3 step guide will make your RS time happier and help lower your blood pressure to a more acceptable level

I tend to mine at less popular sites all the time, even during the off hours. Mining is hardly a joy-fest as it is, the last thing I would need is some tool to come along and ruin both of our mining outputs.

keep in mind that it's especially frustrating when you're mining addy, mith, or rune and you were there first and then after you've been hammering at this rock for a good 12 seconds, some guy comes up and gets the lucky 7 second ore as i call it. it's the biggest -.- in the world. and if you're like me and you're there only to get a full inventory or to use up the volatile clay pickax that you got then you're pretty effin mad. also after you world hop not only are you guessing if some one isn't there, it's that some one hasn't mined that ore all ready.

also if you want to move on to other things sometimes mining some ore can get in the way of doing other things. like getting ore to smith because it's too expensive to buy, you want to get a mining level for a quest, you want a milestone of 1800 total or w/e and you have triple digit exp left in mining, or perhaps that you want to get your magic up by doing super heat making your magic experience get clogged up.

it can get really annoying fairly fast.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Spot stealers is what I call "competition". Either deal with it or don't skill at all.

Fascinating. I tend to call them imbeciles who are not smart enough to hop into an empty world instead of ruining the mining efficiency for the both of us.

But then, I tend to mine on the off hours, when the are plenty of worlds available. During that time, spot stealers don't have the excuse of not being able to find an empty spot: they are simple jerks (and dumb ones at that).

I have little experience with mining during the peak hours, and my views are shaped by that. While many of you do mine during peak hours and have had to adopt to the reality of spot mining, I have been lucky enough to be largely spared the inconvenience. However, that just makes it all the more galling when someone does opt to try to spot steal from me instead of hopping to one of the many empty worlds.

I tend to mine at less popular sites all the time, even during the off hours. Mining is hardly a joy-fest as it is, the last thing I would need is some tool to come along and ruin both of our mining outputs.

Ironic, you call them imbeciles, yet you are just as stubborn as them. You don't change worlds, even if you are being outmined? Either you change worlds yourself, or outmine them.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Ironic, you call them imbeciles, yet you are just as stubborn as them. You don't change worlds, even if you are being outmined? Either you change worlds yourself, or outmine them.

There is no irony. I call them imbeciles because they initiate a lose-lose situation instead of taking the 30-40 seconds to find a free world. When I find myself in their position (ie, entering an occupied mining site), I do not hesitate to hop.

Or would you prefer I fold at the first sign of adversity and encourage their boorish behaviour?