Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Some good and some bad news today, fellow readers of my bloggy goodness.

First, the good news: this chronicle of my (only sometimes) tall tales and deeds has moved one step closer to becoming a legendary epic. Loosely translated: my blog is now officially popular! :thumbsup: :D \:D/ As I'm sure you've all noticed, my blog's box in the topic listings now has a flashing square. Thanks to everyone who's posted so far, and a big thanks to Joke33 for reply #75 which has put us over the top! =D> Joke, your trophy will arrive in 6 to 10 business days. :lol:

Seriously though, thanks everyone for reading and laughing and sharing my journey with me so far. I hope you'll stay with me, and maybe we'll find some more travelers like ourselves along the way to share stories around the campfire with.

Second, my illness progresses unabated. Not only unabated, but getting progressively worse. I brought my kids home early yesterday and this morning my fever hit 102F (39.9C). One quick ( :lol: yeah, right...more like 3 hours) trip to the hospital emergency room later and it's official: I have a sinus infection! Whee! \:D/ For the record, I'm not one of those people who runs off to the doctor every time they have the sniffles (hence the wait until the high fever), and I hate people who clog up emergency rooms. Unfortunately, the nearest walk-in clinic is a 45-minute drive away and the hospital is, well, frankly I could throw a baseball and hit it from my backyard. Hardly a tough choice when you can barely see straight.

It won't be so bad. I've had sinus infections plenty of times before. A couple of days of antibiotics and I'll be back to work, and in about a week I won't need painkillers anymore. Fortunately, I have a great boss who knows I don't need to, and wouldn't anyway, fake being sick just to get some time off. If I wanted or needed it, I'd just ask. I always feel bad about having to call in sick the day after a long weekend though.

Downside is, the pain in my head limits the length of time I can spent looking at a computer screen. Which means this is all I've managed to accomplish since Sunday...[hide=45 RuneCrafting! Woot!]rclevel45.png[/hide]...and I'm not about to push it any further than I need to. I'm currently writing this within the sweet embrace of the numbing sleepy-time effects of NyQuil before I go to bed. "NyQuil we love you, you giant f'ing Q! <3:

So with 500k Mining Xp left until the halfway point, and 40k RuneCrafting Xp until I can get my Runecrafter's Robes I'm essentially sidelined for the next couple of days. Hopefully I can get back up to speed by the end of the week.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. I can't believe it's been 2 months since my last post. :shock:

Where are you?
Not to worry Dutch, I haven't been carried off by rock golems. It's been a very busy couple of months and I've had family issues to attend to. Thanks for the concern though.

Here's a quick update:

[hide=49 RuneCrafting]rclevel49.png[/hide]

I've got about 2k Xp to go until 50 RC, and about 260k 'till 92 Mining.

I don't have quite as much free time to play anymore so my Mining progress will not be at the same rapid pace as it once was. I'll explain more in my next post.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

yay!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Hello again everyone! I promised an update and here it is.

As I said in my last post, it's been a busy couple of months. The main reason for this is that I've taken my boys for the summer. Their mother has a history of emotional problems, and we both felt that a couple of months without having to deal with the kids 24/7 would be best for everyone. Right now, the plan is that they will go back with her at the end of August so they don't have to change schools, but that will depend on her condition at the time. They have been eating up a lot of my time. Not that I'm complaining of course. They're awesome and it's always good to come home to people who are happy to see you.

The other reason things have been busy is that I've started seeing someone! :thumbsup: \' Yes, that's right, a real woman! She's awesome and has been a big help with the boys. She's actually moved in with me so I didn't have to try and find a sitter on two week's notice. You know how it is when you start a relationship; you want to spend every moment together and it leaves no time for anything else like hobbies or time-wasting online games.

I will try to be on more frequently from now on. Obviously not to the extent I once was (would anyone stay with someone who spent 3-4 hours a night playing RuneScape?), but I'll try to keep it consistent. I've gotten about 120k Mining Xp since my last post, leaving 40k Mining and 2k Runecrafting to go until I go GOP for a bit. I'm hoping to make it by tonight or tomorrow.

Very happy to see that you're seeing someone. :) Relationships are nice. I'm glad she is a big help with your boys. And remember, RuneScape will still be here no matter how long you take. ;)

Icon-luigi.gif

Click on either Luigi to be taken to my blog, otherwise, he will eat you.

Icon-luigi.gif

Woot! Woot Woot Woot!!!

Level 92 Mining and 50 Runecrafting!!!! :twss:

[hide=Check it out!]level92.pngrclevel50.png[/hide]

I'm now officially half-way to completing my goal and achieving Mining immortality. Thanks to everyone for all the support so far. It's been a long journey but I now have more behind me than in front of me. \'

Now as a reward to myself, I'm going to play GOP for a bit and get some Runecrafter's robes. Some nice blue ones to go with my mask! :thumbsup: Anyone have suggestions on the best way to start out? Should I find people to play with? Should I go solo, and how do I solo? Doesn't the game need at least two people? French toast or pancakes for breakfast? Decisions, decisions...

Also, my blog has now had over 1000 views. I'm really glad everyone has been enjoying reading about my progress. After all, this is as much for you as it is for me. I hope everyone keeps enjoying the climb and will be there to celebrate my ultimate success when I reach 99!

I have some bad news today, dear reader...I've been woefully neglecting my mining duties for the past couple of days. :o

Okay, I admit it: I've been playing GOP and LOVING it!! <3: It's so very awesome, I wish I had started long ago.

I've gotten myself some blue robes and they look great! :thumbsup: I can't wait to add a Mining cape to the ensemble!

[hide=I be stylin' yo!]kaida23maskrobes.png[/hide]I think it's still missing something though. Can anyone suggest a good amulet/necklace to go with it? Money is no object. After all, I have to look my best while digging around grimy mining pits you know.

I am really enjoying GOP and will probably play until I reach 51 Runecrafting before getting back into Mining full-time again. I want to add one more level (and GOP gives me a perfect reason to add to Runecrafting) so that when I get 99 Mining, I will also have an overall level of 900. Nothing like a big, round number to celebrate something, eh? ::'

You're doing awesome work with your mining. And you're f2p! And surerly GOP is amazing. I'm playing it myself right now and I love it! Everyone wants me to go with the Abyss, but I like altar teleports to much <3: . And GOP. Perhaps we could play together sometime?

Good luck with your goals, girl!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Goodluck on this! Hope you'll get it soon! and if you ever want someone to mine with, hit me up!

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Good to see you're back :) We should play GOP together sometimes. I could teach you some tricks.
That would be awesome. I'd love to GOP with you. :D

Speaking of GOP...[hide=51 Runecrafting!]rclevel51.png[/hide]Sorry for the big pic, but I miscalculated when I would level up.

GOP has been loads of fun, and I've made about 800k gp from all the air&water runes and water talismans I collected, but it's time to get back to my beloved mining. I'll probably go back to GOP every so often though, just for a break. So long as I don't level up, I'll be okay.

I got about 30k Xp yesterday, which doesn't seem like much when I've still got 640k to go...but every little bit helps, eh? I'm hoping to make level 93 within the next couple of weeks.

When I decided to begin my quest to, ultimately, join the ranks of the most elite miners in RuneScape, it seemed like an almost impossible task. But now that I have crossed the half-way point, it almost seems like I'm no longer looking up at my goal but rather looking down towards it. I have a feeling that the last half of my journey will feel easier than the first half did (especially with GOP to break up the monotony).

welcome back!

modmarkl.jpg

So it's been a few days, and I'm slowly but surely making progress. I've only got 500k Xp to go until level 93. Amazing isn't it? I'm talking about having "only" half a million Xp to go to level up like it was nothing. When I started playing RuneScape, that much experience would have seemed nearly unreachable.

I spent some time working on a new dynamic sig picture Monday afternoon (it was a holiday in Ontario). [hide=GOP action shot ftw!

BOO YAH!!! LEVEL 93 BABY!!! :twss:

That's right, my seemingly unstoppable momentum continues unabated. Observe:[hide=In my awesome new Runecrafter's Robes.

:D go go go! your stories are truly entertaining <3:

modmarkl.jpg