Big discussion about noobs, newbs, nubs, froobs, and choobs!

ilovesilvia

hi all,

on many threads here at tip.it, i see people talking about these creatures called noobs/newbs/nubs/froobs/choobs. i would like to explain to everyone my thoughts about the definition of each of these creatures. ::'

Noob -.- :these creatures are people who annoy you, even after you ask them to stop. or they do fail things like pj at clan wars. example: noob: hi, can i get a free membership? me: lol sure. (joking around) noob: kk, all i need is your pass and your credit card number. me: nice try but nty. (reported)also i hate people who agree to be friends with you and the delete you like an hr after from friends list. these are also noobs.

Newb :wall: : innocent low lvl that will often be tricked by evil high lvls. (like me :D ) beginner that might ask dumb questions. (how do i run, where is lumbridge when they are in front of castle) example: today at clan wars i saw a lvl 14 with bronze helm, iron plate, brass necklace, and steel longsword, and bronze sq shield. a lvl 114 says: hey wanna be team with me? newb says: ok.

as soon as newb walks across the boundary lvl 114 k0...i felt bad for the newb to i went outside the portal and gave him a 30 addy arrows, told him to sell. (this all in dangerous clan wars f2p). newb says thanks and leaves.

nub :evil: : this is my favorite variation of the newb creature. someone who will continuously annoy you to just for the fun of it. example: at clan wars lvl 70 with atk you and run til you hit them, which they will run when it happens, even when you hit something low such as a 20 with 2h. (f2p)

froob :ugeek: : a fruity newb/noob/nub.

choob :thumbsup: : a chewy newb/noob/nub.

so, you please post your thoughts about these creatures, and help me change this guide about noob/new/nub/choob/froob.

i dont know what froobs are choobs are really so can everyone help me out? ty. this will become the official tip.it guide to noob/newb/nub/froob/choob.

thanks all happy posting. :twss:

LOL.

I find all those definitions idiotic, and I would rather speak like a normal human being. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy joking, but what are we dicussing? Is the topic of choobs interesting enough to warrant a topic?

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I'd categorize you as the "[wagon]" variant.

Oh no! He's a bling + noob = BLOOB!

Yeah, why has this thread not been reported yet?

EDIT: Mwahaha I invented a new variant and I love it. Wait, its too close to something else. Poop.

lalalasig2.png

I always use 'nub' as an affectionate way to call someone a noob. <3:

froob : a fruity newb/noob/nub.

choob : a chewy newb/noob/nub.

That's pretty creepy, my younger sibling believes they mean the exact same thing as you, but Urban-Dictionary's top definitions disagree.

A high level person, usually on an online rpg such as runescape, that acts immature because they know they will never have to meet the person their dissing.

A froob is a noob who isn't paying for an MMORPG.

it doesn't really matter what any of them actually mean, as theyre just used as generic insults aimed at someone you think is inferior to you.

if someone is bothering you, either see if you can help them, or add them to your ignore list.... no need to insult them and make the situation worse.

160vy.png

I am locking this due to the fact that this thread has little to no discussion value.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85