The "feel" of armor these days...

Myweponsg00d

I was thinking about this at work today...is anybody else disappointed with the "feel" or look of the runescape armor? This probably comes from me being an RSC player...but I miss my huge, shiny, PLATE body from RSC...observe:

rotating%20runescape%20soldier.gif

I wont post a full-rune picture from RS2 because obviously you all know what that looks like.

Also, the dragon metal looked way cooler in RSC...the med was a bright red helm that actually looked like metal armor. Today's dragon medium looks like rubber. In RSC, we got to use a shiny red sword or a shiny red axe for our best weapons....now what do we have? A dull black string of saussages that we call a whip.

And just look at the best non-degrading melee armor...full bandos. The top covers only a fraction of your body. The bottoms share this same problem and look less like an armored skirt and more like a mini skirt. RSC characters in armor looked big, dramatic and muscular...our current plate body model makes our arms look stupidly skinny...

However, I do have to say that I really enjoy the look of the third age sets...but those are currently unavailable to the average population. Also, I do like the look of armadyl ranged armor, and I think that infinity is also pretty good looking, and Ahrims isn't that bad. Unfortunately most melee sets seem to have the look of being made out of rubber.

Anyone want to share their opinion on this subject? Or am I the only one who cares about this...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i know what ur talking about..i think with the new hi def graphics, rune and other armor's "shinyness" looks very fake and rubbery. especially when u stand near a light source. however u cant deny that overall the new graphics are much,much better than rsc. buy yes, the detail on the armor looks very fake and rubbery

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

Rune looks like rubber, but I don't mind the look of full Dragon or Vesta - really look nice in HD.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I've been playing for 7 years so Ive experienced both graphical styles. I must say though, while the old style had a very nice charm to it, I prefer the way things look now. Armor included.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I LOVE the look of rune in HD. Honestly, I don't get how comparisons between SD and HD can even be made. The old game is unrecognizable.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Arma is a belly top on male models. FTL -.-

I do agree though rune could look better, though I like how Bandos looks.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I agree with how rune armor look worse now, I like the way dmeds looked in either game but in classic dmeds and the 2 weapons had insane graphics when they were in ur inventory. The weapons looked sick when they were worn in rsc not because it was really anything special (they were same as all the other weapons but just blood red) but cause they were rare and of course the best weapons at the time...

Overall jagex has done a pretty good job with all the new armor that they have released so I guess that covers the lame look that rune has nowadays

Don't you RSC guys have your own forum or something? It seems General Discussion has been flooded with "RSC is better than RS2/RSHD posts" for the past few months. :roll:

Don't you have some place else to go and cry?

This thread involves both rsc and rs2.

35b9enp.jpg

However, I do have to say that I really enjoy the look of the third age sets...but those are currently unavailable to the average population.

Just thought I'd point out, not just the average but at least 80-90% of the Runescape population cannot afford this armor. While Bandos chest (to me) gets a good feel, its NOT worth its price at all.

on the look side of things, there are weaponry that have this look, but sadly are immesively expensive, Easy requirements to wear/wield and Lately have been very skimp on the looks of weapons and whatnot. I dont remember much of RSC because I only played for 2 months when I was 11, but they should start working on both the looks of current weapons (especially the D2H, its horrid) and be more creative rather then all these god-ugly designs with [bleep]es poking out of everything, shields that dont even LOOK practical and actully make things like dragon look powerful like it should. Dragon Halberd Examine: "A Dragon Halberd"

Makes it sound like something you get at McVarrock's.

Popoto.~<3

Wear robes :thumbup:

oh god dont even get me started on robes, the plain blue wizzy robes look sooo horrible. the tops is skin-tight and the bottoms look like jagex took an eraser to them and smudged all the shading.. :shame:

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

Don't you RSC guys have your own forum or something? It seems General Discussion has been flooded with "RSC is better than RS2/RSHD posts" for the past few months. :roll:

Don't you have some place else to go and cry?

This thread involves both rsc and rs2.

There is a clear bias toward RSC here, so such a thread weighted in that direction would belong in that forum.

but I digress, I think the amour looks in HD arent terribly bad, just that the characters have assumed more of a cartoony feel as far as body design and character shading. this, however, is a bit unfitting with the landscape (with all its layers and shading) and I think that might be something for the graphics team to adress. I'd be willing to suggest maybe scaling the thickness of characters to the level of their strength/defense/whatever, or at least have it customizable as opposed to everyone having a gumby-esqe apearence.

oh god dont even get me started on robes, the plain blue wizzy robes look sooo horrible. the tops is skin-tight and the bottoms look like jagex took an eraser to them and smudged all the shading.. :shame:

Tight is in, man! I personally want to see more tight clothing.

signature.png

I agree, Jagex is making RS like other MMORPG and make items which look "good" but useless. (Verac's body, chainbodies on females, abyssal whip, godsword to name a few. Yes, godswords look powerful but incredible heavy too)

personally, we could use more variety in armors. everyone starts to look the same, no matter what combo of barrows/bandos your wearing. i wish that we could wear decorative armors over our normal armor, looks and stats ftw? <3: if we could do that, id wear full saradomin everywhere <3:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

personally, we could use more variety in armors. everyone starts to look the same, no matter what combo of barrows/bandos your wearing. i wish that we could wear decorative armors over our normal armor, looks and stats ftw? <3: if we could do that, id wear full saradomin everywhere <3:

And then you can trick people in PVP that you're only wearing iron when in actuality you're wearing Bandos... :|

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Wear robes :thumbup:

Wizzy (G) hat, Wizzy (G) robe and black D'hide chaps :thumbup:

Zerker_jane.png