Internet memes

Rsdude099

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Mudkipz came from deviantART...

It's just a fad. Someone says it, another copies it, then another person repeats it and so on.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Yes, yes, I mean those things like The Game, mudkipz, rick rolls, stuff like that. How do they start? Where do they come from (besides 4chan)?

most start at 4chan, I believe there is something called the something awful boards that started a few.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Most of them originate from 4chan, but if you want to know why they exist, well thats an incredibly complex question.

Memes are just a part of human nature. They exist in real life too, just look around you.

and also, no star, the mudkip meme originated from this story;

[hide=storytime]Today being Halloween, I decided to [bleep] with the major [developmentally delayed] at school when I came out of science for break. He was dressed as Ash. Knowing this was going to happen, I brought a Mudkips doll. Thus I started the conversation, making sure no one saw me.

"So I heard you like Mudkips..."

"MUDKIPS? I LUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MUDKIPS."

"O RLY? So, would you ever [bleep] a Mudkips, that is.." (he cuts me off before I could said 'if you were a mudkips')

"OF COURSE."

"Well I just happen to have a Mudkips here, and..."

Before I finished the sentence, which would have resulted in me hitting him across the face with the doll, he grabbed it. In one swift motion his pants were down and he was violently humping it. Not to get between a man and his Mudkips I started to walk away, because there is no way I'd be caught wrestling a half-naked crazy guy humping a Mudkips.

Needless to say, within 5 to 10 seconds, some girls saw him and started screaming. I cooly walked into a restroom, pretending nothing had ever happened; not that I had intended that outcome, but now that it was in play I didn't want to be involved.

I came back out two minutes later, and like any wanton act on school grounds there was now a huge crowd around him. He was still [bleep]ing it and baying this real [bleep]ed up 'EEEEEEEEEEINNNNF EEEEEEEEEEINNNF' sound. Suddenly a scuffle broke out in the middle, meaning he probably did something stupid.

I asked someone what had happened. A girlfriend of one of the football players tried to get him to stop, but he bit her for trying to take it away. Someone called in a few football players (all dressed up like Road Warrior) who proceeded to pummel the [cabbage] out of the guy. Meanwhile the school police were freaking out and having trouble getting in to the situation.

A few minutes later the intruder alarm went off and we were all shuffled into classrooms. Over the intercom the principal announced that someone had thrown a flaming plush toy into the library. Uh.. what the hell.

So we were kept there and about 30 minutes later the principal came on again. This time he was saying that whoever was behind the beating should turn themselves in. All of a sudden this woman began yelling, "I WILL SUE YOU FOR DAMAGES. YOU LITTLE PUNKS, I'M GONNA SUE..." and it was cut off.

I asked an office later what had happened. Apparently his mother had come to pick him up and threatened to sue for the beating and 'whatever else happened.' The school threatened to counter-sue because of lewd conduct, inciting a riot, and starting a fight.

So I ask you: do you like Mudkips?[/hide]

which made its way onto the internet quite a few years ago.

Tk5SF.png

Most of them originate from 4chan, but if you want to know why they exist, well thats an incredibly complex question.

Memes are just a part of human nature. They exist in real life too, just look around you.

and also, no star, the mudkip meme originated from this story;

[hide=storytime]Today being Halloween, I decided to [bleep] with the major [developmentally delayed] at school when I came out of science for break. He was dressed as Ash. Knowing this was going to happen, I brought a Mudkips doll. Thus I started the conversation, making sure no one saw me.

"So I heard you like Mudkips..."

"MUDKIPS? I LUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MUDKIPS."

"O RLY? So, would you ever [bleep] a Mudkips, that is.." (he cuts me off before I could said 'if you were a mudkips')

"OF COURSE."

"Well I just happen to have a Mudkips here, and..."

Before I finished the sentence, which would have resulted in me hitting him across the face with the doll, he grabbed it. In one swift motion his pants were down and he was violently humping it. Not to get between a man and his Mudkips I started to walk away, because there is no way I'd be caught wrestling a half-naked crazy guy humping a Mudkips.

Needless to say, within 5 to 10 seconds, some girls saw him and started screaming. I cooly walked into a restroom, pretending nothing had ever happened; not that I had intended that outcome, but now that it was in play I didn't want to be involved.

I came back out two minutes later, and like any wanton act on school grounds there was now a huge crowd around him. He was still [bleep] it and baying this real [bleep] up 'EEEEEEEEEEINNNNF EEEEEEEEEEINNNF' sound. Suddenly a scuffle broke out in the middle, meaning he probably did something stupid.

I asked someone what had happened. A girlfriend of one of the football players tried to get him to stop, but he bit her for trying to take it away. Someone called in a few football players (all dressed up like Road Warrior) who proceeded to pummel the [cabbage] out of the guy. Meanwhile the school police were freaking out and having trouble getting in to the situation.

A few minutes later the intruder alarm went off and we were all shuffled into classrooms. Over the intercom the principal announced that someone had thrown a flaming plush toy into the library. Uh.. what the hell.

So we were kept there and about 30 minutes later the principal came on again. This time he was saying that whoever was behind the beating should turn themselves in. All of a sudden this woman began yelling, "I WILL SUE YOU FOR DAMAGES. YOU LITTLE PUNKS, I'M GONNA SUE..." and it was cut off.

I asked an office later what had happened. Apparently his mother had come to pick him up and threatened to sue for the beating and 'whatever else happened.' The school threatened to counter-sue because of lewd conduct, inciting a riot, and starting a fight.

So I ask you: do you like Mudkips?[/hide]

which made its way onto the internet quite a few years ago.

Wow, I would have never though of it in that context. :lol:
hopesolopatriot.jpg

?_? Whats this thing all about, seen it alot recently.

Didn't this come from NicoNico? I've seen it alot in Japanese youtube comments :o

rc1tzc.png

Memes are hilarious when the person who started them wasn't trying to start one.

Yeah, opposed to forced memes.

One law of memes though, is that Milhouse isn't.

The one and only forced meme that I think is kinda funny is:

omghes2scar3d.jpg

And that's mainly just because I loved that show.

Mods: I thought the picture looked a pretty good size in the preview, but if you want I can put it in hide tags.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

^ Yes. And theres another one going around, I believe it is known as 'its a trap'. Gah, these 2 boards are pumping out memes daily.

They've been around for years, good memes haven't been started recently as far as I've seen...

I am very proud of my file of macros and memes which came in useful on 'Mudkipz Win!' day ::'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

^ Yes. And theres another one going around, I believe it is known as 'its a trap'. Gah, these 2 boards are pumping out memes daily.

They've been around for years, good memes haven't been started recently as far as I've seen...

I am very proud of my file of macros and memes which came in useful on 'Mudkipz Win!' day ::'

Well, people are starting to become addicted to using Shamwow in their sentences. And Billy Mays. This could get interesting. And that April 1st thing was funny, haha.

Pretty much done with rs now

Well, people are starting to become addicted to using Shamwow in their sentences. And Billy Mays. This could get interesting. And that April 1st thing was funny, haha.

The shamwow thing will probably pass as the news dies down (I still don't get it nor know wth Shamwow is), and I've not heard of Billy Mays. But you never know what will turn into a meme, it's pretty random.

I'd love to become a memeologist one day.

There's so much psycholohy you could put behind them, but then again it could just be put down as group of bored people on the internet. Like kids finding a fart funny.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It's a trap has been around forever. It's from Star Wars when Admiral Ackbar screamed it out.

Return of the Jedi, when they reach the 2nd Death Star and find out that the weapons, etc. are functioning and that it is, indeed, a trap by Emperor Palpatine.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

On Saturdays, people on 4chan posted pictures of cats with captions, it was called Caturday, but it apparently spread over the internet and people started calling them lolcats, eventually most of 4chan stopped using it, as it gained popularity, and i think it's considered a Dead Meme (same thing happened with rockroll on that parade, it's when a memes get mainstream.)

So that's the story of lolcats :thumbsup:

My Uncle always used to shout 'It's a trap!!' at me and my siblings when we were younger. I never knew it was from Star Wars.

rc1tzc.png

That Girugamesh (however you want to spell it) from the Sakura-con ad is spreading around I noticed.

[yt]XP5lz2CYNR4[/yt]

I loved Little Kuriboh's version but they DMCA'ed it. >.<

My Uncle always used to shout 'It's a trap!!' at me and my siblings when we were younger. I never knew it was from Star Wars.

Rofl :lol: That's so awesome.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg