Internet memes

Rsdude099

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of memes, the RickRoll was a DuckRoll originally, on the early days of the internet, people send links to let's say, a news site. But when people clicked on them it send them to a picture of a duck:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/pickie/Duckroll.jpg

It was called the DuckRoll, it eventually faded, and when the internet was good enough to stream videos, the RickRoll happened, same trick, different name.

Speaking of memes, the RickRoll was a DuckRoll originally, on the early days of the internet, people send links to let's say, a news site. But when people clicked on them it send them to a picture of a duck:

It was called the DuckRoll, it eventually faded, and when the internet was good enough to stream videos, the RickRoll happened, same trick, different name.

I'm pretty sure the Duckroll is just a variant of the Rickroll, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm pretty sure the Duckroll is just a variant of the Rickroll, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Duckroll was around before youtube like websites were around.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

i was wondering where the girugamesh thing came from.

Girugamesh sucks as a meme.

I was on /b/ the night it was forced (became a forced meme) because the picture was posted thousands of times in a row. All of /b/ shut down for an hour, it failed.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I was on /b/ the night it was forced (became a forced meme) because the picture was posted thousands of times in a row. All of /b/ shut down for an hour, it failed.

Yep... those 4chan smacktards fail at making a meme 10 times for ever one that's half decent.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Hardly anybody at my school knows about memes (apart from me.. hrm), I can imagine yelling out "OVER 9000" or "I JUST LOST" and no one would get it. Only a few people understand "That's what she said", I guess it's an American thing.

And I'm pretty sure that profit thing was from South Park. Something about getting beer.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

So you're a /b/tard and you don't like Dane Cook?

OT: Most memes are fun and are a conversation starter of sorts, except the [developmentally delayed]ed ones that don't really have a right time to say like the "i herd u leik mudkipz" meme.

:thumbup: for memes.

Especially glass ones.

And I'm pretty sure that profit thing was from South Park. Something about getting beer.

I think that meme was from the South Park episode where the gnomes that stole underwear explained why they do it.

Gnomes_plan.png

What's the "soi" meme? Like, "My roflcopter goes soi soi soi soi soi soi."

The soi part is (obviously) supposed to sound like the rotors, and then this 'meme' got amplified when it was used in Arby 'n' the Chief.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

This will do...

[hide=Big picture]1229718355570q.jpg[/hide]

[hide=]dawg-yo-yos.jpg[/hide]

One of the only memes i've ever lol'd at

OMG ROFL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is clever...

These are all the ones I have, excluding the meme in a meme one I posted above.

[hide=Yo dawg...]1229382579753.jpg

1229720535772.png

mlgrlzy1yhrz86y6x4twdpj.jpg

xzibitmie.jpg[/hide]

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Duckroll was around before youtube like websites were around.

*Points to signature*

Your only warning. :-w

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

What's the "soi" meme? Like, "My roflcopter goes soi soi soi soi soi soi."

The soi part is (obviously) supposed to sound like the rotors, and then this 'meme' got amplified when it was used in Arby 'n' the Chief.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure why I am so amused by that, but it's hilarious.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I think that meme was from the South Park episode where the gnomes that stole underwear explained why they do it.

Gnomes_plan.png

Do you guys not even bother reading the topic? Someone already explained it was South Park and I expanded on it and explained where it came from, showing this exact picture.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Gnomes_plan.png

Do you guys not even bother reading the topic? Someone already explained it was South Park and I expanded on it and explained where it came from, showing this exact picture.

Sorry I didn't read all 94 posts, I usually read the original post, the first page, and the last page.

Everything in the middle I usually don't read.

Meme's are just inside jokes on the internet. Nothing more to it than that. The only meme's I've found funny are the mudkips one (though that was in my wee days on the internet), the FFFFUUUU- pics and then that yo dawg one :P

[hide=FFFUUU-]x5w3cx.jpg

fuugc.jpg

friendzonedce2.jpg

lesbosyeahxl2.jpg

fuuuuugh5.jpg

ddtp3.jpg

hotpocket.jpg

10cno6w.jpg

10cno6w.jpg[/hide]

wl7w9j.png

Meme's are just inside jokes on the internet. Nothing more to it than that. The only meme's I've found funny are the mudkips one (though that was in my wee days on the internet), the FFFFUUUU- pics and then that yo dawg one :P

[hide=FFFUUU-]x5w3cx.jpg

fuugc.jpg

friendzonedce2.jpg

lesbosyeahxl2.jpg

fuuuuugh5.jpg

ddtp3.jpg

hotpocket.jpg

10cno6w.jpg

10cno6w.jpg[/hide]

Why is that funny? I don't know. It's hilarious... the amp one was the most clever by far. The DVD one is also hella true...

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

[hide=FFFUUU-]x5w3cx.jpg

fuugc.jpg

friendzonedce2.jpg

lesbosyeahxl2.jpg

fuuuuugh5.jpg

ddtp3.jpg

hotpocket.jpg

10cno6w.jpg

10cno6w.jpg[/hide]

Why is that funny? I don't know. It's hilarious... the amp one was the most clever by far. The DVD one is also hella true...

The friendzone one made me tear up a little inside :(