16M what to spend it on or save? Edit-DFS good to buy?

edard

i have 16M left over which im most likely not going to use for merchanting so i was wondering what is some good uses for it?

i have also been trying to save up for a SGS but atm i only have 33M or so. So im wondering what should i do?

also would DFS be a good item to buy untill i have enough for a sgs?

if i sold everything in my bank worth of value i would have 48.4M so close to SGS =p

Bad_Eulogy.png

id save for the sgs because it has droped in price latly and who knows maybe it will drop more or ull come into some fast cash. thats just me. if i was to spend it id ether buy some nice armor like full army cuz i love range or spend to get 99 in skill.

If you have all you want, and are willing to spend atm just keep the money and wait until you can get a SGS. If not then spend some on what you think you need to be comfortable to do what you want to do.

What do you like to do beside merchant? This'll help give better advice.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

If you have all you want, and are willing to spend atm just keep the money and wait until you can get a SGS. If not then spend some on what you think you need to be comfortable to do what you want to do.

What do you like to do beside merchant? This'll help give better advice.

i like mining mage and doign barrows, but i already have the best stuff i think for barrows except for armadyl and mage i want to either do steel drags or MTA, but i only want to do steels if i have enough points to use sacred clay helms

also clues from slayer are fun, slayer is also fun to me aswell

Bad_Eulogy.png

I'd tithe some of it off into Manage Thy Kingdom, put your resources in raw fish and coal, then continue merching with the rest.

Save up for that SGS, it's a good investment plus you can loan it out. ^^

got some in MTK around 2M thanks for the advice =)

Bad_Eulogy.png

Save for an sgs or spend it on skills.

Dfs has no prayer bonus and penalizes magic so I wouldn't use it at barrows (try a blessed spiriit shield if you want to buy a shield for it).

Rune defender > dfs if you're meleeing slayer with the excpetion of dragons of course.

quit

Pour it into a skill. You can't go wrong. Remember, you skills show up on the highscores, not your items or money.

If I were you, I'd use the money to finance crafting Steam Runes. I would get my rc to a high level and make money using RC. If I already had a better way of making money, I'd find the skill I enjoy the most and get cracking.

Pour it into a skill. You can't go wrong. Remember, you skills show up on the highscores, not your items or money.

If I were you, I'd use the money to finance crafting Steam Runes. I would get my rc to a high level and make money using RC. If I already had a better way of making money, I'd find the skill I enjoy the most and get cracking.

some people might say that players see your items not your skill lvls(unless a 99 cape)

Bad_Eulogy.png

Rune defender > dfs if you're meleeing slayer with the excpetion of dragons of course.

The Devil's Advocate in me says that the DFS has a +7 strength bonus that would be more helpful than +5 from the defender against some monsters with low defence. Also, for some tasks that you cannon, since it isn't your meleeing that's doing most of the damage, the defence bonuses would help prevent damage, making it more useful than the defender.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

The Devil's Advocate in me says that the DFS has a +7 strength bonus that would be more helpful than +5 from the defender against some monsters with low defence. Also, for some tasks that you cannon, since it isn't your meleeing that's doing most of the damage, the defence bonuses would help prevent damage, making it more useful than the defender.

Yet the 20+ slash bonus helps alot. When cannoning you usually are praying.

DFS is useless and rune defender is better.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Get 80 prayer, will worth the cash spent :thumbup:

Horrible advice.

Get up a skill that will give you great benefits cash wise later on in the higher levels for it.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Yet the 20+ slash bonus helps alot. When cannoning you usually are praying.

DFS is useless and rune defender is better.

You have this amazing ability to miss the point, and this belief that you can end an argument with the equivalent of "I said so".

For some monsters, their defence is so low that +20 attack will barely affect how often you hit, so the additional strength bonus will be more helpful.

For cannoning, it can depend on the monster -- Aberrants, you definitely pray, but for, say, dagannoths or kalphites, you don't pray and the defence bonuses will help you eat less -- the attack bonus won't be missed as it's the cannon doing the vast majority of the work.

And don't forget Skeletal Wyverns. DFS is a huge help there.

Rune defender is better in the vast majority of cases, but there are situations in which the DFS is useful.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Get 80 prayer, will worth the cash spent :thumbup:

Horrible advice.

Get up a skill that will give you great benefits cash wise later on in the higher levels for it.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well he is already 71 prayer..... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

By the way, two of your counters are mine... Haha.

DFS is a good item. Of the higher level items (GS, Bandos, Armadyl, etc.) DFS is the one thats most worth its money, well, actually I'd say SGS is better, but not for its cost. If you really want an item, DFS is the way to go if you'll use it a lot on slayer.

Still, if I were in your position I would skill.

[hide=To the man who said items > skills]It's true that people see the items more than skills in-game. But you can lose items so easily. What if you lag and die? What if you get hacked? What if the price of the item falls so much that it's worthless (looking at d med right now)? What if it's replaced by a better item? What if it becomes so common it's not impressive anymore? Items fluctuate so easily, and you can lose them in a flash. But the ONLY way you can lose your skills is if you get banned, and ONLY Jagex has that authority, while the item market is dictated by thousands of players and huge clans, with a little nudge here and there by Jagex.

Besides, you can't take your money everywhere. I own a few rares, but if I go to GoP, where you can't wear anything on your head, I'll look the same as any other guy.

Also, your answered your own question, so to speak, with the skill capes. The ultimate goal of any skill is to max it out at 200m or at least get 99. And plus, the skill capes are so cheap, who cares if you lose it? 99k to show off your hard earned work? That sounds like a great deal to me, a lot better than carrying around a partyhat that everything, even those leather boots, protects over.[/hide]

DFS spec is good for barrows.

Save for an sgs or spend it on skills.

Dfs has no prayer bonus and penalizes magic so I wouldn't use it at barrows (try a blessed spiriit shield if you want to buy a shield for it).

Rune defender is the best shield at Barrows.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

DFS sucks unless you plan on doing tons of Armadyl/Saradomin GWD or dragon/wyvern slaying with melee.

[hide=To the man who said items > skills]It's true that people see the items more than skills in-game. But you can lose items so easily. What if you lag and die? What if you get hacked? What if the price of the item falls so much that it's worthless (looking at d med right now)? What if it's replaced by a better item? What if it becomes so common it's not impressive anymore? Items fluctuate so easily, and you can lose them in a flash. But the ONLY way you can lose your skills is if you get banned, and ONLY Jagex has that authority, while the item market is dictated by thousands of players and huge clans, with a little nudge here and there by Jagex.[/hide]

What if an update comes out that makes your skills easy to obtain and meaningless? What if an update comes out that makes xp cheaper and faster, so that you wasted your time? Tbh your arguments kind of fail.

DFS sucks unless you plan on doing tons of Armadyl/Saradomin GWD or dragon/wyvern slaying with melee.

[hide=To the man who said items > skills]It's true that people see the items more than skills in-game. But you can lose items so easily. What if you lag and die? What if you get hacked? What if the price of the item falls so much that it's worthless (looking at d med right now)? What if it's replaced by a better item? What if it becomes so common it's not impressive anymore? Items fluctuate so easily, and you can lose them in a flash. But the ONLY way you can lose your skills is if you get banned, and ONLY Jagex has that authority, while the item market is dictated by thousands of players and huge clans, with a little nudge here and there by Jagex.[/hide]

What if an update comes out that makes your skills easy to obtain and meaningless? What if an update comes out that makes xp cheaper and faster, so that you wasted your time? Tbh your arguments kind of fail.

If you want a better argument I can give you one, you've been giving 1 sentence statements with really no backing other than speculation.

Yeah, except no matter how much they change the skill, they can't change that fact that you spent hours working on it. So you can't lose the skill level, except of course when you get banned or reset.

You bring up a good point when you say that skills can become too easy to train. Something like firemaking or cooking comes to mind, and to be sure, it happens. But how often? You can't say that item prices are less volatile than skill training methods. Jagex hardly gives a skill 2-3 good updates a year, and those updates usually do not affect training, regardless if they are truely better or worse than originally. For example, take Barbarian Fishing. When it came out, it effectively made Shilo obsolete and is statistically better than Monkfish for richer players. Yet when I went there, rarely did I see anyone else, and when I went to Shilo or Monkfish, they were still packed. This was about a year after Barbarian fishing was released. Even go there now, and you'll see. And to be sure, Barbarian fishing is the best fishing xp in the game.

Then consider how abruptly and often items change their price. We all have the recent skyrocketing of partyhats in our minds, for instance. I was literally just going to buy a purple phat when that day the prices skyrocketed and I could not buy one since no one was selling. In just 1 day of a sudden change in price trend, all I've planned for was effectively destroyed. Just look at the GE database, it updates daily and at RANDOM times of the day. That means at any given minute, or even any given second, the GE could update and your item begin to lose value. Look at items like the Godswords and look and how their price rises and falls.

Besides, you can lend items, but you can't lend out skills. Sure you can ASSIST, but that's meaningless because a) more people lend than assist, and B) if you assist someone the other guy can't really show off.

And you still need to consider the fact that items are extremely easy to lose, while you have to pretty much go out of your way to get your skills erased.

And to top it all off, you can show off your skills exactly how you can show off your items: skill capes. The ultimate goal in any skill is, in essence, 99. The skill cape is only 99k, and compared to the, say, Elysian Spirit Shield, is pocket change. Which would YOU rather risk at GWD or while Slaying?

Besides, Jagex rarely makes skills easier to train anyway. Look at the Bandos Throne Room agility, that would've made agility easier to train, but no they got the nerf machine out. You see, whenever someone is released that improves a skill, it rarely improves it by very much and if it can get to the level where it "ruins" the skill like you say, Jagex almost always nerfs it.

Tbh, While the SGS is an amazing weapon, now days there are many other viable options for healing (From Summoning to the Enhanced Excalibur).

If it were me, I would invest in at least getting 68 summoning first. The healing effects of a bunyip surpass the healing effects of a SGS.

Bunyip = 8hp / minute * 5 minutes = 40 HP

SGS = 10+ HP per spec * 2 specials per 5 minutes = 20+ HP

On average a bunyip will heal more than a SGS will.

So really if your into slayer, I would work on spending a little bit of cash and getting a bunyip as a first priority.

As for armor, the DFS has its uses, but its more for PvP rather than PvM (in most cases). But if you are hitting a monster with low defense and don't need accuracy, DFS > defender. If you have a high attack level, I would go with a DFS, otherwise stick with a defender.

If you don't have a GS already, I would buy a BGS or ZGS simply to see what its like. I mean in all honesty, they are slow and not that great for training, especially if your stats are below 90. And as stated above, if you were only going to use the SGS for healing, well a bunyip is more useful for that, and the only difference between any GS is its special. And it takes 2.5 minutes for the special bar to recharge 50%, so the majority of the GS use will be without its special attack.

Its up to you, but I think a bunyip + BGS (OR Whip + DFS/Defender) would give you almost the same effect as a SGS but save you a bunch of cash. But I would make sure you have Bandos Top + Bottom before you invest in a DFS or GS. That is just my opinion however.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Tbh, While the SGS is an amazing weapon, now days there are many other viable options for healing (From Summoning to the Enhanced Excalibur).

If it were me, I would invest in at least getting 68 summoning first. The healing effects of a bunyip surpass the healing effects of a SGS.

Bunyip = 8hp / minute * 5 minutes = 40 HP

SGS = 10+ HP per spec * 2 specials per 5 minutes = 20+ HP

On average a bunyip will heal more than a SGS will.

So really if your into slayer, I would work on spending a little bit of cash and getting a bunyip as a first priority.

As for armor, the DFS has its uses, but its more for PvP rather than PvM (in most cases). But if you are hitting a monster with low defense and don't need accuracy, DFS > defender. If you have a high attack level, I would go with a DFS, otherwise stick with a defender.

If you don't have a GS already, I would buy a BGS or ZGS simply to see what its like. I mean in all honesty, they are slow and not that great for training, especially if your stats are below 90. And as stated above, if you were only going to use the SGS for healing, well a bunyip is more useful for that, and the only difference between any GS is its special. And it takes 2.5 minutes for the special bar to recharge 50%, so the majority of the GS use will be without its special attack.

Its up to you, but I think a bunyip + BGS (OR Whip + DFS/Defender) would give you almost the same effect as a SGS but save you a bunch of cash. But I would make sure you have Bandos Top + Bottom before you invest in a DFS or GS. That is just my opinion however.

I'm pretty sure the minimum healing per spec for the SGS is 20, so the minimum per 5 minutes is 40hp, PLUS you get prayer. On some tasks, depending on your equipment, it gives you enough prayer to keep superhuman strength on without, or with very little, prayer potions.