Slayer Points

Ezkaton

Tonight when i get home from college i'll be finishing my turoth task and getting my 180 points from sumona for my 50th task...... this means i can buy a slayer helm and have 40 residual points..... so i was wondering.... should i save up points and start blocking tasks like Kalphites and Hellhounds and Steel Dragons, then start buying the runes for slayer dart to sell?

Or learn how to do a ring of slaying and get people to assist me to create them? or just buy them?

Or what do you guys advise? but there is no way that i'm not getting that slayer helm tonight <3:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Well, since you want that helm so badly, get that first. Then block the tasks that are slow/you don't like, because that will make slayer alot more enjoyable and quicker. Then, if you want the rings, learn how to make them, otherwise just start getting slayer dart runes. But blocking tasks is one of the best aspects of slayer points.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Well, since you want that helm so badly, get that first. Then block the tasks that are slow/you don't like, because that will make slayer alot more enjoyable and quicker. Then, if you want the rings, learn how to make them, otherwise just start getting slayer dart runes. But blocking tasks is one of the best aspects of slayer points.

I know it should be my choice, but are there any staple things to block with the points say like:

Hellhounds

Kalphites

Steels

Irons

Mutated Zygomites

etc

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Get the helm then save up until you have enough for slayer ring, 1 block and 3 skips.

The ring helps a lot, but always leave room for rubbish or blockable tasks.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I know it should be my choice, but are there any staple things to block with the points say like:

Hellhounds

Kalphites

Steels

Irons

Mutated Zygomites

etc

You should just block tasks that you dislike. A lot of people block steels, because they're so slow and inefficient. I'm not so sure on other tasks. Personally, I have steels, greaters (too crowded/under lvl 127), kalphites and something else blocked, can't remember what >.<. I just disliked those tasks, so I blocked them. Also, there is a good slayer guide here viewtopic.php?f=113&t=763395 by Inuashakent which lists the pros and cons of popularly blocked tasks.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Helm first.

Work out which 4 tasks you want to block and block as you go. I advise iron and steel dragons as a must. The other 2 are up to you, mine are Warped Terrorbirds and Skelly Wyverns.

Rings should come next, but make sure you leave a buffer for blocking a task if it comes up.

It is worth unlocking the fletching purely for completion's sake. If Jagex release a quest/diary with this needed, you're one step ahead of the rest.

Finally spend the points on slayer dart runes. Saving 90 or so points for skips if you get Kalphite/Hellhounds in a busy time or something.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

First priority is block. Not having to kill metals>>30 defense. Especially considering that iron/steels are some of duradel's more common assignments, from what I've heard. Then you can get helm. After that you can get the ability to make slayer rings, and then spend the rest on slayer dart. Keep a few spare points for skipping tasks.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I'd get the helm first, then save your points and block what you feel you want/need to. After you have what you want blocked, then get the slayer ring.

Also, why do so many people block hellhounds? I don't mind those tasks. They aren't really crowded... If they are, then switch worlds. I can always find one with no more than one person, leaving 4-5 hounds for myself to kill. Also, they drop plenty of gold charms which are good for making terrorbirds/tortises. As for drops, if you go do the clues when you get them, you can actually make a pretty nice amount of cash. A lvl 3 clue takes me about 10-15 minutes to do, and my last hellhound task made me about 640k in clue drops.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'd get the helm first, then save your points and block what you feel you want/need to. After you have what you want blocked, then get the slayer ring.

Also, why do so many people block hellhounds? I don't mind those tasks. They aren't really crowded... If they are, then switch worlds. I can always find one with no more than one person, leaving 4-5 hounds for myself to kill. Also, they drop plenty of gold charms which are good for making terrorbirds/tortises. As for drops, if you go do the clues when you get them, you can actually make a pretty nice amount of cash. A lvl 3 clue takes me about 10-15 minutes to do, and my last hellhound task made me about 640k in clue drops.

Two clues in a row from hellhounds got me 1.4mil :thumbsup:

But, back on subject, get the helm and then just save some points for whatever, blocking tasks if they come soon and when you get 400+ points again learn rings of slaying. I wouldn't advise getting the fletching, I have it and I've never used it once :-w

Oh, and just personal opinion, I have bloodvelds blocked. Maybe not the best idea, but the last 3 times I got them as a task ALL THEY DROPPED WAS CHARMS AND RUNES, nothing else :wall:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Bloodvelds are good xp. Don't block those. You should definately block iron and steel dragons, the rest is preference.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I do them as they are reasonable XP and decetn gold charms. Trouble is purely crowding. All those ranger noobs are irritating, then you have to fight melee noobs who just camp for clue scrolls. Currently if it is busy I fight in a PvP world or in the wildy. (prayer method to reduce cost should I die) although this rather ruins the task.

When Jagex release high level servers hopefully this issue will be resolved. I'd prefer a room in the Chaos Tunnel's to be hellhounds only though.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

My advice:

First priority- Slayer helm (rune full helm with slayer attack bonuses. It looks cool too!)

Second priority- Most annoying monsters blocked (I won't tell you what to block, everyone has a personal and unique reason)

Third priority- How to make slayer rings! Then mass make or mass assist. (Relleka fairy ring, summona's closer desert teleport. Vital for penguin hunting!)

Fourth priority- Any other tasks you hate blocked.

Final priority- Use the rest on slayer runes and sell them for profit!!!!

That's what I do although I haven't trained slayer in months haha.

If you're curious on what I block:

Warped terrorbirds (I rather have a crystal saw)

Black demons (Might unblock soon though, they fixed a bug where they weren't dropping loot correctly)

Hellhounds (crowded and lack of loot. No they don't have a "higher" clue scroll droprate. I won't even bother debating with anyone about this)

Waterfiends (I can't be bothered with something that is picky on how it dies. I get good crimson drops from lesser/greater tasks anyways)

I get bored easily, that's why I need monsters that only need a few to kill or are cannonable. Metal dragons I don't block because it's fast and drop good loot (I'm a high level so I guess that's why they are fast)

I don't block scarabites (another known blocked monster) because they are perfect for cannon tanker.

Like I said, it's really what your stats are and what you are hunting for. I'm into fast Exp (cannoned tasks), worthwhile drops (high level monster tasks), and getting House trophies (waiting for Kalphite task so I can mass farm KQ for her head).

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Guys, just remember he doesn't have enough quest points to block four tasks, he can only block two.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.