Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds

Matok

Perhaps its a bit early, the movie release is dated to August, but the premiere is gonna be next month on Cannes.

Anyway, the trailer looks promising, on the other hand, who knows...Tarantino's Kill Bill movies & Jacky Brown (didn't bother to see Death Proof) were a bit disappointing in my opinion.

But still, this is Tarantino and the trailer show he's might be back to his more verbal days so..we'll have to wait and see.

Saw the trailer a bit ago, has got me pretty excited about it. Although kill bill wasn't as good as pulp fiction and reservoir dogs, i still think it was quality and think this will be too. been a long time this film!

iteme3721.jpg

Since it comes out Aug 21st. I'm going to have to skip the 3rd day of school to see it more than once.

Would be worth it.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Perhaps its a bit early, the movie release is dated to August, but the premiere is gonna be next month on Cannes.

Anyway, the trailer looks promising, on the other hand, who knows...Tarantino's Kill Bill movies & Jacky Brown (didn't bother to see Death Proof) were a bit disappointing in my opinion.

But still, this is Tarantino and the trailer show he's might be back to his more verbal days so..we'll have to wait and see.

While I'd agree that Kill Bill's no Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, I'd also say that they're all very different in style and story, and therefore it's not really fair to compare any two of his movies with each other. I personally love both of them, and from the preview of IB, I really can't tell if I'll like it or not. I really liked Pulp Fiction/Kill Bill/Reservoir Dogs for the seemingly perfect balance of action and story, and this one looks like it may be leaning more towards the action aspect. Who knows though? I'm sure I'll like it, just maybe not as much as the others.

Also, Death Proof is really great. I'd give it a look.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Death Proof is pretty good, but not for everyone. I've seen all of Tarantino's movies and the only one I didn't really like was Jackie Brown. It was just ok. Inglorious Basterds I haven't really looked at too much because I don't like spoilers (they always give away stuff in the trailers).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I like a his first three film; Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and to a lesser extent the Kill Bill movies but that trailer reeks of cheesiness to me. It looks like a parody of a war film, and not even a good one. That being said, I'll probable still end up seeing it so I hope I'm wrong.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I read the script about a year or so ago when it was leaked onto the internet, and I was very impressed by it.

I don't think much has changed since then regarding the plot - i think Shosanna's part in the movie has been reduced a bit, but everything else should be about the same.

Granted, it'll have some absurdities that Tarantino fans will expect, and it's not historically accurate at all:

[hide=BIG SPOILER]for example, they kill hitler[/hide]

If the movie lives up to the script, it could be one of QT's best movies.

160vy.png

While I'd agree that Kill Bill's no Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, I'd also say that they're all very different in style and story, and therefore it's not really fair to compare any two of his movies with each other..

The only comparison i made is how much did i like each of them,nothing more.

Though i must add that Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, does have a lot in common. I wouldn't compare them to his later work but these two are well-coupled.

I like a his first three film; Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and to a lesser extent the Kill Bill movies but that trailer reeks of cheesiness to me. It looks like a parody of a war film, and not even a good one. That being said, I'll probable still end up seeing it so I hope I'm wrong.

Tarantino said he wanted it to be a WW2 movie in the style of an old western i think tats why it looks like a parody.

Anyway can't wait to see this, been waiting for a new Tarantino movie since Kill Bill which i thought was a bit lame. Dunno whats up with Mike Myers being in it though.

keen.png

I like old westerns, that trailer didn't remind me of old westerns. Again, I hope I'm wrong but the trailer doesn't sell the film on me personally.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Nothing will ever be as good as Pulp Fiction. I repeat, nothing.

Reservoir Dogs was first and better.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Tarantino said he wanted it to be a WW2 movie in the style of an old western i think tats why it looks like a parody.

Anyway can't wait to see this, been waiting for a new Tarantino movie since Kill Bill which i thought was a bit lame. Dunno whats up with Mike Myers being in it though.

Yea, which character does he play? I didn't see him in the trailer. I also haven't seen Tarantino yet, but I'd be willing to be that he'll be in there somewhere.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Nothing will ever be as good as Pulp Fiction. I repeat, nothing.

Reservoir Dogs was first and better.

I resent that statement. With Pulp Fiction, especially with some of the hard critics it developed a "either you love it or hate it". Personally, at my school it has developed a cult gathering, and most mufti days [casual day], some seniors wear Pulp Fiction clothes, ties and all. Don't know if they do it now...

Either way, trailer looks good. Hope it's nothing like Defiance. [i know it wont be, but still.]

For some reason, I like this parody style. "Spaghetti Western"

I resent that statement. With Pulp Fiction, especially with some of the hard critics it developed a "either you love it or hate it". Personally, at my school it has developed a cult gathering, and most mufti days [casual day], some seniors wear Pulp Fiction clothes, ties and all. Don't know if they do it now...

Either way, trailer looks good. Hope it's nothing like Defiance. [i know it wont be, but still.]

Nah, I loved Pulp Fiction, from the first time I saw it even. I just think that Reservoir Dogs was better than Pulp Fiction and that Pulp Fiction probably wouldn't have been around had he not made Reservoir Dogs first, but they are both simply AMAZING films.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Nah, I loved Pulp Fiction, from the first time I saw it even. I just think that Reservoir Dogs was better than Pulp Fiction and that Pulp Fiction probably wouldn't have been around had he not made Reservoir Dogs first, but they are both simply AMAZING films.

i think they are both equaly great,each with its own strengths.

I wonder when he will realize that it's near impossbile to deliberately make a cult movie. Tarantino is a little kid, who's using a lot of money making not too great stuff.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I wonder when he will realize that it's near impossbile to deliberately make a cult movie. Tarantino is a little kid, who's using a lot of money making not too great stuff.

I think nowadays, any movie he makes will become a "cult" movie.

keen.png

A cult movie for a mainstream audience. That's impossible.

If you haven't seen much movies Tarantino might be very funny or original, but if you dig a little deeper you'll quickly notice that his movies are very empty and suffer from a lack of originality. I don't want to come of as elitist or something, but I haven't seen an impressive shot by Tarantino that hasn't been done before. He always borrows from cult classics and he never does anything interesting with it. The best he can do is "ooh, I like spaghetti westerns and samourai flicks, hmm. Lets do a shootout with samourai swords and an Enio Morricone like score! That's so creative". His dialogue is fun in his first two movies, but he's a poor Jack Hill clone, Jackie Brown is a 2.5 long wannabe blaxploitation flick, Death Proof a very poor attempt at a Russ Meyer film (come on a Russ Meyer flick without nudity?) and Kill Bill a very unsexy pinky.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

A cult movie for a mainstream audience. That's impossible.

If you haven't seen much movies Tarantino might be very funny or original, but if you dig a little deeper you'll quickly notice that his movies are very empty and suffer from a lack of originality. I don't want to come of as elitist or something, but I haven't seen an impressive shot by Tarantino that hasn't been done before. He always borrows from cult classics and he never does anything interesting with it. The best he can do is "ooh, I like spaghetti westerns and samourai flicks, hmm. Lets do a shootout with samourai swords and an Enio Morricone like score! That's so creative". His dialogue is fun in his first two movies, but he's a poor Jack Hill clone, Jackie Brown is a 2.5 long wannabe blaxploitation flick, Death Proof a very poor attempt at a Russ Meyer film (come on a Russ Meyer flick without nudity?) and Kill Bill a very unsexy pinky.

His movies may not be the best or most original, but there's a large number of people that either haven't seen the movies he's borrowing from, or that simply don't care and just enjoy what QT's done with the material.

I like to think that I've seen my fair share of films, but I still very much enjoy Tarantino's style of filmmaking, regardless of how much he's borrowed movie shots, plot devices, etc. Maybe I'd like the originals more, but his movies are usually very entertaining.

160vy.png